Home
I like to go down there to work out on the machines. Nice big gym new equipment. I get in for free because of insurance.
This is Asheville NC. This Y was closed for six months. Just reopened last week.

You have to wear a mask. I put the mask on to get in the door. I went upstairs, to the elliptical machine, it is like a stationary bicycle. There is room for about 98 people in there, and there were 5 people in there. The place is empty.
I started in on that machine and my glasses fogged up. The mask makes my beard itch and I just can't breathe well. After five minutes, I took the mask off.
I rode the stationary for 15 minutes more. The desk clerk guy saw me and he said nothing. But a guy way on the left end, about 30 feet away, he was on a stationary bike, called the clerk over.
I saw him pointing at me.

Some people never get past what they were in Second Grade. "I am gonna tell teacher on you."
Desk clerk guy marched right up and told me I had to wear the mask. I told him I couldn't breathe with it on, and I would just leave. He said "No we don't want you to leave we need customers just try to breathe with the mask on."
I said no dice, I would leave.

Then the Tattletale guy started giving me a sermon about masks. This guy is a big guy, about my size.
I looked him right in the eye and said "Do you know that masks do not work to halt spread of Corona."

He continued with his lecture. I was ten feet away, I looked him in the eye and said "F**k You!" and I wasn't stuttering and I wasn't wearing a mask.

Tattletale Boy shut up, and I headed for the stairs. Desk clerk guy was following me and asking me to stay and try to work with the mask. I left.
Tens of millions died in China in four years. About the same rate of deaths in the Soviet Union. You now understand how that happened, and how it wasn't soldiers doing the killing.
The local Y received a $1,000 fine because a guy got off his treadmill and started wiping it off with alcohol before putting his mask back on to leave. Some "second grader" called the Oregon OSHA. One of the employees told me OSHA didn't even do a follow up to see what happened. They just gave the Y the fine.
You didn’t do like hotrod Lincoln?

Least shoot some lights out?
Shoulda pistol whipped him with a .45.
Originally Posted by ironbender

IIRC, YMCA has a specific policy against this now.
Posted By: ribka Re: I Got Kicked Out of the YMCA - 09/29/20
Gyms here been open since May and no masks required. In fact no masks required anywhere. Even see people in Costco with no masks and no one bothers them. Very low Covid rates.
North Carolina has a lib democrat Governor. A real Sister Boy. We were the last state in the country to allow gyms to re open.
Sounds like you left rather than getting kicked out? In any case, good for your for standing up against this rampant idiocy. Didn't someone post a great thread with a guy showing why the masks don't work a while back? I can't seem to locate it.
Be more worried about catching the ghey there.
Originally Posted by slumlord

It's not fun to stay at the YMCA after all?
Posted By: Steve Re: I Got Kicked Out of the YMCA - 09/29/20
You need one of these.

[Linked Image from i.etsystatic.com]
We have the same rule at our gym but people pretty much ignore it when they're on the cardio equipment. No one makes a big deal over it. And the guys who wear them down around their necks seem to all pull them up when they come close to other people.

Seems to work pretty well. Gyms are having a hard time staying open what with people staying away in droves. The people who work there sure don't want to antagonize the patrons.
Posted By: Ken_L Re: I Got Kicked Out of the YMCA - 09/29/20
This why I bought a treadmill, sit up machine, weights... no more stupid gyms.
Yes, to be accurate I was not kicked out. Had I put the mask back on I could have stayed.
Yes someone had a four minute video of a doctor testing out five different masks. He inhaled from a vape and exhaled, you could see his breath blowing out the top, sides and bottoms of all 5 masks. He proved that masks don't work.
Buy a farm and work it

Problem solved
Hey Simon here in Burlington we only have to wear the mask until we get on the machine. Then it comes off until we move. Challenge their policy.
Bad job, Simon. You probably got the dimocraps hopes up when you said, "Fughk you".

Shoulda asked if he was teachers brown noser in grade school. wink
It's closer for me to go to the county fairgrounds and climb stairs in the grandstands.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
It's closer for me to go to the county fairgrounds and climb stairs in the grandstands.

As a teen, I got in shape for hunting and winter sports by putting 25lbs in a backpack and running stairs at the high school stadium. It was free. I know people think that if you don't spend money you aren't doing anything of value anymore, but that certainly works.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Yes, to be accurate I was not kicked out. Had I put the mask back on I could have stayed.
Yes someone had a four minute video of a doctor testing out five different masks. He inhaled from a vape and exhaled, you could see his breath blowing out the top, sides and bottoms of all 5 masks. He proved that masks don't work.
HAH - that matters not to politicians.. It's ALL (and I mean ALL) about 'control'...
Ashville....LOL!
ASS-VILLE!

You should have taken him into the sauna.
Local Y completely closed for a couple months. Then opened up with limited hours and programs. You could workout without a mask, but had to wear one from the front door to the check in desk. Which made no sense.

Finally said enough and went 1/4 mile down the road to a 24/7/365 gym with no mask required. And so did some others.

Unfortunately the local Y is still on limited hours and the parking lot is practically empty. Word is they may be closing.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

As a teen, I got in shape for hunting and winter sports by putting 25lbs in a backpack and running stairs at the high school stadium. It was free. I know people think that if you don't spend money you aren't doing anything of value anymore, but that certainly works.

I still do that, but with a heavier pack and I don't run. That's too much like work. Carrying a pack with weight in it is a great workout.
TRX Suspension training is pretty damn good.
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

I still do that, but with a heavier pack and I don't run. That's too much like work. Carrying a pack with weight in it is a great workout.

My goal was to build wind and endurance, not strength. Today, I'd probably use about 50 lbs, and alternate between walking bleachers and stairs. Stopping because I was out of breath was embarrassing as a youngster. Today, it's a right I've earned...

Plus 1

“F**k you” right before a good pistol whipping is the Campfire way
I bought a box of disposable masks at Cosco. I cut the inside farik out of the mask and keep two at the office, two in the truck, one in my shooting bag for the indoor range. You can see right thru the mask and see there's nothing there. Nobody has stopped me, except once. The fellow at Cosco stopped me, so I pulled out my MAGA mask, he loved it and let me pass.
This is why I've come to enjoy the company of my dog, over that of most other humans. Just based on politics, our nation is now comprised of roughly 50% ass holes.
Fear was the biggest component in this scam.

It has worked. As evidenced by your encounter.
Originally Posted by deflave
Fear was the biggest component in this scam.

It has worked. As evidenced by your encounter.

The greater the fear the worse it gets.
The smallhats got to the YMCA years back. It is now officially just 'The Y."
Planet fitness down here in sc let's us remove our mask for elliptical and running machines.......got to put them back on otherwise.
Planet fitness down here in sc let's us remove our mask for elliptical and running machines.......got to put them back on otherwise.
Dont here the old "[bleep] yu" very often at the YMCA........nice touch.
Who needs a gym anyway?

Obviously.....the child who tattled.

That must truly suck.
My wife works out at the new local Y 5 days a week and while the stupid mask policy applies, it only applies to entering and leaving the facility. It does NOT apply to those working out. Each state is different though so are managers

When my wife first inquired about their policy they laughed at the notion that one would be required to wear a mask while working out.
Im not a smart man but I think if youre able to do any amount of cardio, youre not going to be infecting anyone with any respirator illnesses. You’re most likely very healthy.
That and chew vitamin D.

Tens of millions?????
Originally Posted by slumlord

Excuse me! Would you please retrieve my bar of soap for me young man??

Do you like popsicles???
It's all about control & feeling good as the masks do nothing in preventing any virus spread...............even the CDC had admitted that.

And there are a lot of brainwashed people...............hell, I see them alone in their car with a mask on &a few even with rubber gloves on. Absolutely scared schitless.

Pure idiocy, but in many states, the masks are now a permanent fixture.

MM
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
My wife works out at the new local Y 5 days a week and while the stupid mask policy applies, it only applies to entering and leaving the facility. It does NOT apply to those working out. Each state is different though so are managers

When my wife first inquired about their policy they laughed at the notion that one would be required to wear a mask while working out.

Exercising, and inability to wear a mask due to mental or physical condition, are exceptions to the mask rule most everywhere.
Originally Posted by Ken_L

Tread mill and weight machine in my house. Cheaper in the long run and very easy to work out.
I like to go down there to work out on the machines. Nice big gym new equipment. I get in for free because of insurance.
This is Asheville NC. This Y was closed for six months. Just reopened last week.

You have to wear a mask. I put the mask on to get in the door. I went upstairs, to the elliptical machine, it is like a stationary bicycle. There is room for about 98 people in there, and there were 5 people in there. The place is empty.
I started in on that machine and my glasses fogged up. The mask makes my beard itch and I just can't breathe well. After five minutes, I took the mask off.
I rode the stationary for 15 minutes more. The desk clerk guy saw me and he said nothing. But a guy way on the left end, about 30 feet away, he was on a stationary bike, called the clerk over.
I saw him pointing at me.

Some people never get past what they were in Second Grade. "I am gonna tell teacher on you."
Desk clerk guy marched right up and told me I had to wear the mask. I told him I couldn't breathe with it on, and I would just leave. He said "No we don't want you to leave we need customers just try to breathe with the mask on."
I said no dice, I would leave.

Then the Tattletale guy started giving me a sermon about masks. This guy is a big guy, about my size.
I looked him right in the eye and said "Do you know that masks do not work to halt spread of Corona."

He continued with his lecture. I was ten feet away, I looked him in the eye and said "F**k You!" and I wasn't stuttering and I wasn't wearing a mask.

Tattletale Boy shut up, and I headed for the stairs. Desk clerk guy was following me and asking me to stay and try to work with the mask. I left.
I really didn't know where you were going with this. I opened the thread with some trepidation, let me assure you.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I really didn't know where you were going with this. I opened the thread with some trepidation, let me assure you.

LOL
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Ken_L

Tread mill and weight machine in my house. Cheaper in the long run and very easy to work out.

"Work out" is relative.
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

LOL

They're gonna need a new construction worker...
Jeebus. Bunch of grown men can't figure out how to play the game.

"Excuse me sir, do you have a mask?"

Can be immediately shut down with "I have a medical condition." Five wonderful magic words. No one will bother you. Every business' policy is to stop the interrogation there.

They want your money. Only their lawyers care about the masks. Their accountants would prefer you to be maskless in case you steal something so they can show your face to the police. The lawyers won this round.

I will leave if they press me further, but all I get is a wave and a top half of a face that seems like a smile is under the mask. Except this little 16ish year-old bitch at the Subway here in town. That little bitch is a mask nazi.
bigfish9684 that is a good idea. Had I thought of that I might have tried it. Never crossed my mind.

I set my life up, 45 years ago, to just tell the truth all the time and that is what I do. Keeps things simple.
Gets me in to trouble also.
Was this the Woodfin Y or the downtown Asheville Y? Been thinking about starting back up but not sure yet.
Originally Posted by bigfish9684

Can be immediately shut down with "I have a medical condition." Five wonderful magic words. No one will bother you. Every business' policy is to stop the interrogation there.

They want your money. Only their lawyers care about the masks. Their accountants would prefer you to be maskless in case you steal something so they can show your face to the police. The lawyers won this round.

I will leave if they press me further, but all I get is a wave and a top half of a face that seems like a smile is under the mask. Except this little 16ish year-old bitch at the Subway here in town. That little bitch is a mask nazi.

Ones of the punks with the blue hair, tats and 23 piercings?
Posted By: RDW Re: I Got Kicked Out of the YMCA - 09/29/20
I am in a similar situation so I wear this...actually I wear this almost 100% of the time if I need to get in the door so I can BREATHE... laugh

I wear a rat hammock once in a while.

I get compliments all the time "that is cool as hell" "where did you get it"

[Linked Image from i.ebayimg.com]

They are cheap so I am ordering another,

And if you really want to fk' with people, snag one of these

bigfish9684 that is a good idea. Had I thought of that I might have tried it. Never crossed my mind.

I set my life up, 45 years ago, to just tell the truth all the time and that is what I do. Keeps things simple.

It's not about telling the truth. This reaction of the state and local governments to the virus is a scam. It's about control. Someone told me this in April. By mid-May I had come around understood. The blue state governments and players in the federal government (deep state ppl like Fauci) have a plan. Kill the economy and blame Trump for the virus, kill his chances of reelection.

That plan is to blame Trump for the virus and the fallout from the virus. They do this every day. How many people do you know, or know in some tertiary manner, that got the virus? How many of those died directly as a result of covid? Not they were in the hospital dying of cancer and got rona and then died but died directly from pulmonary (lung related) issues as a result of covid? OK, now contrast that number with the amount of people you see walking around in public wearing the same face diaper they've been wearing for a week without washing it. You walk into the Y, the store, anywhere and EVERYONE is wearing a mask. While the media and the politicians are telling you this was caused by Trump. It looks like we're in some horrible alternate universe and Trump used bio-warfare on us.

The mask is to remind you that people are dropping dead everywhere (they're not) because of Trump bungling the covid response (he didn't). That's the narrative the media wants to sell you. Without the masks everywhere all the time the media can't keep blaming Trump for the rona. Anything less than a level 4 biohazard suit in a level 4 biosafety lab can't stop you from getting it (don't rip your suit!). The best way to stop the spread is to frequently wash your hands and don't pick your nose or rub your eyes. Universal masking is to remind you we're in a (fake) pandemic and not a dem-panic.

Learn their rules. Play by them. You have a medical condition. It's called "Your head is not up your ass and you can see this for what it is." If anyone presses further after the 5 magic words tell them you have COPD. But they won't press you further. They're not allowed to- store policy. If they ask you to leave, leave. Not leaving is trespassing. The sooner we all have medical conditions the sooner we can go back to normal- NOT the "new normal."
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Ones of the punks with the blue hair, tats and 23 piercings?

Yup. Not a lot of them here in the reddest county in WI, but they all have the same condescending tone of voice when asking if you have a mask. She got ANTIFA in her future, and lots of baby-daddys.
Posted By: RDW Re: I Got Kicked Out of the YMCA - 09/29/20

True to a point, some of us can't keep our job without wearing a mask...
Originally Posted by RDW
I am in a similar situation so I wear this...actually I wear this almost 100% of the time if I need to get in the door so I can BREATHE... laugh

I wear a rat hammock once in a while.

I get compliments all the time "that is cool as hell" "where did you get it"

They are cheap so I am ordering another,

And if you really want to fk' with people, snag one of these

Brother, I wear contacts and within 60 seconds of putting on a mask they're drier than Helen Mirren's cooch. They about pop out from blinking but they're glued to my eyeballs.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Exercising, and inability to wear a mask due to mental or physical condition, are exceptions to the mask rule most everywhere.

That’s what I figured but I try to stay away from absolutes on the ‘fire. 😉
Originally Posted by RDW
True to a point, some of us can't keep our job without wearing a mask...

In my situation, once I go back into the office (currently working remotely) I have to get a "pass" from the RN on-site to not wear a mask. If my uber-conservative doctor won't write me a note for this wackjob RN, me and my uber-conservative boss will be having a talk about how I wear contacts and I will be working from home until the mask rule no longer applies. There's no reason to drive 26 miles to work, sit in a cubicle 12 feet from my coworkers, and other than "Hello" and "Goodbye" all our interaction is virtual. That's just BS.
I’m sitting in the bleachers at the pool of the local Y as my boy does his 3 night a week swim team practice.

Not a mask in the facility.

Sign at the door says no weapons, but it’s not a state legal sign.....so the pistol whipping with a .45 might not be approved, but technically not a violation of state law.
Posted By: MM879 Re: I Got Kicked Out of the YMCA - 09/29/20
All the YMCA's are gay clubs around hear.
Do the have spelling classes?
Posted By: 78CJ Re: I Got Kicked Out of the YMCA - 09/29/20

Nope, sorry, the entire population (at least the ones that are not enamored with this nonsense) just need to say no. I won't make excuse's I won't "play their game" because there are plenty of people watching you to see what you do. Often I hear "I wear one when blah blah blah because its just easier even though I think its stupid". Then don't? I don't get it, because its easier? That's the way to live life............newsflash folks, your kids are watching.
No one has ever asked me to mask up.

[bleep] their games.

Do you have a mask
No
Do you want a mask
No
You need a mask
No I don’t

Either they leave you alone or they tell you to leave at that point. And I’ve never had to leave a store in Wisconsin.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Do the have spelling classes?

Do they.
Wat?
This is the Woodfin YMCA. In a few days, I am going to try the downtown Y because they have a swimming pool. Swimming is great exercise. Hopefully they won't make you wear a mask in the swimming pool.

I get into the Y for free because of my insurance so I like to go there.
I have been going to the Woodfin Y for a year prior to the Dempanic over Corona.
I am surprised to hear all of y'alls stories about f*a*g*g*o*t*r*y at the YMCA.
You guys know a lot more about that than I do.
Originally Posted by 78CJ
Nope, sorry, the entire population (at least the ones that are not enamored with this nonsense) just need to say no. I won't make excuse's I won't "play their game" because there are plenty of people watching you to see what you do. Often I hear "I wear one when blah blah blah because its just easier even though I think its stupid". Then don't? I don't get it, because its easier? That's the way to live life............newsflash folks, your kids are watching.

You're 100% correct, but the world is filled with cell phones to film your argument with the store employee and post the video online. If your employer is woke like mine is (huge multinational corp) they will promptly fire your ass once HR becomes aware of the video.

Good luck convincing the rest of the sheeple to go along with your little act of civil disobedience. I have news for you, the masks are not going away.
Originally Posted by widrahthaar
[bleep] their games.

Do you have a mask
No
Do you want a mask
No
You need a mask
No I don’t

Either they leave you alone or they tell you to leave at that point. And I’ve never had to leave a store in Wisconsin.

Oh I agree, see my post above. If I had a small employer who wasn't woke or I was retired I'd be much more inclined to dispense with the game. But the reality is I have a job with a really woke group of executives who encourage us to donate to BLM and Act Blue. No, seriously. So I don't need some Karen recording me arguing with a store employee about a mask and posting it all over social media for my employer to see when it goes viral. Happened to people earlier this year. Won't happen to me.

If there were 20 of you in front of me and 20 behind, I'd say the hell with the game. But there's not that many of us that would simply tell a store employee what you tell them. Look at how many on here wear a mask and admit to it. There's just not enough people that understand the whole mask thing is a farce and are willing to treat it as such. Masks are here to stay because the TV told you to wear one.
Originally Posted by 78CJ

You're 100% correct, but the world is filled with cell phones to film your argument with the store employee and post the video online. If your employer is woke like mine is (huge multinational corp) they will promptly fire your ass once HR becomes aware of the video.

Good luck convincing the rest of the sheeple to go along with your little act of civil disobedience. I have news for you, the masks are not going away.

Originally Posted by widrahthaar
[bleep] their games.

Do you have a mask
No
Do you want a mask
No
You need a mask
No I don’t

Oh I agree, see my post above. If I had a small employer who wasn't woke or I was retired I'd be much more inclined to dispense with the game. But the reality is I have a job with a really woke group of executives who encourage us to donate to BLM and Act Blue. No, seriously. So I don't need some Karen recording me arguing with a store employee about a mask and posting it all over social media for my employer to see when it goes viral. Happened to people earlier this year. Won't happen to me.

If there were 20 of you in front of me and 20 behind, I'd say the hell with the game. But there's not that many of us that would simply tell a store employee what you tell them. Look at how many on here wear a mask and admit to it. There's just not enough people that understand the whole mask thing is a farce and are willing to treat it as such. Masks are here to stay because the TV told you to wear one.

That's a tough spot to be in, and though I don't wear a mask and don't advocate that others cow-tow to the farce, I get that you have to jump through hoops to protect what you have. It's a sad state of affairs unless or until you find other employment that doesn't require a betrayal of reality.
the only people you are around can only say...MOOOOOOO
Posted By: ribka Re: I Got Kicked Out of the YMCA - 09/30/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
No one has ever asked me to mask up.

Didn’t I just see you at the lucky
Lil’s at the slots with a mask on drinking a Tom Collins?

Good choice.
Originally Posted by Hubert
the only people you are around can only say...MOOOOOOO

Originally Posted by ribka
Gyms here been open since May and no masks required. In fact no masks required anywhere. Even see people in Costco with no masks and no one bothers them. Very low Covid rates.

So where is "here"?
If you're hanging out at the Y.... In Asheville NC... Your cruising.
I went to the downtown YMCA this morning to go swimming. I had to wear the mask at the door but at the pool, believe it or not I could take the mask off.
I swam for 25 minutes, went about a half mile. Good God what a workout. It was great.

And, I could see that the downtown Y is keeping up with the times.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
© 24hourcampfire