Home
A very interesting read.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editori...ays-nra/384636

Paul B.
I can’t get the link to open. Will try later
"Oops... It looks like there was an error with that link."
https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/the-tragic-mess-that-is-todays-nra/384636
Wayne made a mess and refuses to step down, the NRA is almost bankrupt.
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman

I just finished reading the article. LaPierre has set up the NRA to be either obliterated or taken over by anti-gunners. The sonovabitch is every bit as corrupt as any federal level politician. IMO, he belongs in prison.
Not another single NICKEL for the NRA from me until LaPierre is g-o-n-e and the membership's power to influence the organization is fully restored.

GOA is about to get another donation.
he evidently has the support of enough on the governing board to keep from being removed
Chris Knox has been sounding the alarm about Wayne L. for a long time, nothing more he can say if the board keeps protecting Wayne L. at all costs.

Ted Nugent is in a position to ruffle a few feathers, how come he hasn't delivered a broadside against Wayne L.??
He is gonna ride it into the grave. To bad as they were our preeminent fighter for the 2nd amendment they we have ever had. If WLP cared at all he would step out of the way and let this mess get cleaned up. This clearly show he does not care at all.
Money down the drain

Wayne needs a good old-fashioned ass-whuppin.
Originally Posted by smokepole

Wayne needs a good old-fashioned ass-whuppin.

Tell him his Italian suit looks like schitt, it'll probably make that vain bastard cry.
Iron, can you give us da cleft notes versian?
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Ted Nugent is in a position to ruffle a few feathers, how come he hasn't delivered a broadside against Wayne L.??
Maybe because he's involved. Ted has never been quiet about giving opinions...until now.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by gonehuntin

Maybe because he's involved. Ted has never been quiet about giving opinions...until now.

Exactly.
Not one inch....

Not another fuuggin dime....
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Iron, can you give us da cleft notes versian?

Horribly written from the standpoint of getting anyone to read it. He starts running through the minutiae in the history before he gives the badly needed overview. People today simply do not read past the first stumbling block of lousy writing or dull details. All of the garbage details may be needed to fill out the picture, but after the first several hundred useless words no one is left reading.

The Cliff notes are exactly what they were when first laid out. I saw nothing new or compelling in any aspect of the article. Wayne must go.
He is urging all members to attend the annual meeting in Arizona this month. I have a life membership and applied to attend. The NRA rejected my request. They are full up. No more members accepted to attend the meeting.
I would caution everyone to watch out for some of the articles coming out against the NRA and the all-out efforts to get us to turn our backs to the NRA. Bloomberg, Democrats and the media would like nothing more then to see the power of the NRA squashed. Don't you think the timing of the articles and the NY Attorney General lawsuit is rather peculiar? Propaganda is a powerful thing and is disguised to take many forms.

If you're going to turn your backs on the NRA and the collective power they've allowed us to wield, then you better be ready to prop up their replacement at warp speed!!! Because all it's going to take is scattering our efforts for one election cycle and we'll have lost. If the Dems take the presidency and secure the majority in both houses in this upcoming election, your gun owning worlds are going to change... worse than you've ever imagined! Look at Biden's gun policies... eliminating online gun, gun parts and ammunition sales; requiring all gun owners to pass training and licensing; gun storage requirements; ban, confiscate or require licensing of all assault rifles; magazine restrictions; removing the safe commerce in guns act; red flag laws; universal background checks; limiting monthly gun purchases. It's the full-Monty of the gun grabbers wet dream!!!! If you don't believe me, read his gun control policy on his website.

We're allowing ourselves to be divided and a divided house falls. I understand the faults of the NRA and the issues they need to resolve, but they've been more effective than any other organization. Take up those issues after this election. By making you turn our back on the NRA, at this very crucial moment, Bloomberg, democrats and the media have played you like a fiddle and used their propaganda power to nullify your gun owners voice and voting power.
I ain't pleased with the NRA and I've been a Life Member since 1955.

I also don't trust a damn thing that comes out of New York State!!
Originally Posted by gsganzer
I would caution everyone to watch out for some of the articles coming out against the NRA and the all-out efforts to get us to turn our backs to the NRA. Bloomberg, Democrats and the media would like nothing more then to see the power of the NRA squashed. Don't you think the timing of the articles and the NY Attorney General lawsuit is rather peculiar? Propaganda is a powerful thing and is disguised to take many forms.

If you're going to turn your backs on the NRA and the collective power they've allowed us to wield, then you better be ready to prop up their replacement at warp speed!!! Because all it's going to take is scattering our efforts for one election cycle and we'll have lost. If the Dems take the presidency and secure the majority in both houses in this upcoming election, your gun owning worlds are going to change... worse than you've ever imagined! Look at Biden's gun policies... eliminating online gun, gun parts and ammunition sales; requiring all gun owners to pass training and licensing; gun storage requirements; ban, confiscate or require licensing of all assault rifles; magazine restrictions; removing the safe commerce in guns act; red flag laws; universal background checks; limiting monthly gun purchases. It's the full-Monty of the gun grabbers wet dream!!!! If you don't believe me, read his gun control policy on his website.

We're allowing ourselves to be divided and a divided house falls. I understand the faults of the NRA and the issues they need to resolve, but they've been more effective than any other organization. Take up those issues after this election. By making you turn our back on the NRA, at this very crucial moment, Bloomberg, democrats and the media have played you like a fiddle and used their propaganda power to nullify your gun owners voice and voting power.

By most metrics it appears they caught Wayne up to the elbow in the cookie jar. One guy is taking down the whole house. It may be a coup, but he needs to get out of the way. The NRA would still be there and doing better if he had stepped aside a long time ago.
WLP otta compromise and only get half as many suits.
LaPierre has set up the NRA to be either obliterated or taken over by anti-gunners. The sonovabitch is every bit as corrupt as any federal level politician. IMO, he belongs in prison.

I can't believe they are supporting trump rather than biden. He's anti gun if i recall corectly.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-mentioning-gun-control-once/ar-BB19znre
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by gsganzer

By most metrics it appears they caught Wayne up to the elbow in the cookie jar. One guy is taking down the whole house. It may be a coup, but he needs to get out of the way. The NRA would still be there and doing better if he had stepped aside a long time ago.

I don't disagree that WLP needs to go. But by disrupting our support for this one election cycle, they'll have beaten us and nullified our voice/vote. 12 weeks is all it's taken for the Dems, Bloomberg and the media to divide us. That's the scary truth. Just like our politicians that have failed to serve us, if we had issues with WLP, we should have risen and taken care of it long before now, unfortunately now isn't the time to clear the roaches. The power the NRA wielded was never with the presidential vote, it was their sway for the votes in both houses and the downstream ballots.
The power the NRA wielded was never with the presidential vote, it was their sway for the votes in both houses and the downstream ballots.

Gore and Kerry come to mind.
The NRA grassroots are still functioning after a fashion. But La Pierre has completely screwed the pooch. I've read the complaint (and it's lousy writing, anyone too lazy to read it should be ashamed for not informing themselves) and all of Jeff Knox's explanation, which is quite good. THe only thing I can think of is an organized attempt at the next annual for an actual revolt. Mob shows up. Period.
Pepe' LePew and his cronies on the executive board might want to consider traveling to the next convention in an up-armored Humvee!
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Pepe' LePew and his cronies on the executive board might want to consider traveling to the next convention in an up-armored Humvee!

Do you think theyll throw cell phones? grin grin grin

The NRA is basically BANKRUPT. It is now like a neutered dog at a gang bang. Can only sit there and watch, maybe bark every now and then. That's it.
The job of any gun lobby is to support people that are PRO 2nd Amendment and tear apart those that don't. It's also to promote all aspects related to the 2nd Amendment. For many years they have led the charge. No other group has done more for gun safety and training than the NRA.

Something I always ask is why they don't rotate the Executive VP like every other office in the NRA. W.P. has been there in that position way too long. We need term limits on his office! They also say they are a 1 issue organization. That's stupid. Practically every enemy of gun owners is also an enemy of every conservative American. Take Harry Reid for example. I well remember the photo op with him and the NRA big wigs. He supposedly helped set up a shooting range in Nevada. We didn't need his help. We never need the help from any elected official. They should be willing to do their job out of fear from us as members that we will vote them out. To quit sucking up to the likes of Harry Reid would also be a great step forward.
Originally Posted by Jim1611
The job of any gun lobby is to support people that are PRO 2nd Amendment and tear apart those that don't. It's also to promote all aspects related to the 2nd Amendment. For many years they have led the charge. No other group has done more for gun safety and training than the NRA.

Something I always ask is why they don't rotate the Executive VP like every other office in the NRA. W.P. has been there in that position way too long. We need term limits on his office! They also say they are a 1 issue organization. That's stupid. Practically every enemy of gun owners is also an enemy of every conservative American. Take Harry Reid for example. I well remember the photo op with him and the NRA big wigs. He supposedly helped set up a shooting range in Nevada. We didn't need his help. We never need the help from any elected official. They should be willing to do their job out of fear from us as members that we will vote them out. To quit sucking up to the likes of Harry Reid would also be a great step forward.

And the NRA was instrumental in getting Bernie elected
Have any politicians of note sought an appearance with Mr. Lapierre this election cycle? I think not. He has become poison to be avoided. I've thought that for a long time now. But he can't step down. If he had to pay his own legal defense it would completely break him. He should be thrown out, but that is way easier said than done.
Originally Posted by ribka
At one time Bernie Sanders was pro-gun. The state of Vermont also.
He has to go before they get another penny of mine. Since it appears that he is intent on running the organization into the ground, it's now a matter of what 2A organization we need to get behind.
Originally Posted by Hastings

Thats my point. Like supporting Reid, the NRA's political strategy has been short sighted, poorly thought out or more likely just plain corrupt.
Thats my point. Like supporting Reid, the NRA's political strategy has been short sighted, poorly thought out or more likely just plain corrupt.

In todays world, it would make perfect sense for the NRA not to support pro gunners grin
How can you hire a lawyer that has a history of support anti-gun democrats?

JFC
Originally Posted by KFWA
How can you hire a lawyer that has a history of support anti-gun democrats?

JFC

Good question. Have you ever wondered whether the guys who develop anti-virus software by day go home and develop new computer viruses by night? Job security, maybe.

The NRA was doing some things very well. Candidates feared their ads which were extremely effective. They had a lot of play as lobbyists, too.
If the board doesn’t do something soon, the NRA is sunk.
Well see if that tactic still works after supporting left wing anti second amendment candidates in the past. They've been neutered in the political game due to corruption, complacency and mismanagement. The short term, quick win strategy without a follow- up plan never works well in politics. In fact it can come back and bite you in the backside pretty bad.

The NRA was doing some things very well. Candidates feared their ads which were extremely effective. They had a lot of play as lobbyists, too.
I have not seen one NRA political ad on TV or heard one on the radio this year. What's up with that?
In Ohio in 2016, the NRA ran more ads for Trump than the Trump campaign. They were good ads, with Dana Loesh. Trump carried the state by 8 points.

In 2020 the NRA is running no ads. Dana Loesh is long gone. The Trump campaign is pretty ineffective here.

Whoever posted that NRA is neutered, broke, and WLP won't leave because he would have to pay his own legal expenses, was right.

I'm afraid we've been screwed.

I wish I had a good idea of what to do.
I have not seen one NRA political ad on TV or heard one on the radio this year. What's up with that?

Wayne needed those new suits...
I'm an annual member and have been for all my adult life (40+ years). I just re-upped my membership for two reasons: The gun club I belong to has a requirement for a 100% NRA membership, and, I don't want to see Cuomo and the NY AG and the other enemies of the 2nd Amendment win. But - - - I don't condone the self-enrichment and poor mgt that has taken place which has made the NRA so vulnerable to these attacks. Also, I won't give the NRA any more money than my membership dues. I get at least 5 calls from the NRA every week (I assume they are begging for money) which I ignore. A few years back I joined GOA and I have been encouraging other gun people to do the same and I encourage everyone on this forum to join if you already haven't. If/when the NRA is taken down, we will need GOA to have the numbers to impress. IMO they already are doing more than the NRA to inform and mobilize pro-2nd Amendment people to action against proposed anti bills in Congress.

ps, I'm going to work on having my club have a membership to GOA as an alternate option to a NRA membership. An either/or requirement.
© 24hourcampfire