Home
Saddest thing I read in a while. Basically prisoners of the state.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2020/10/09/nursing-home-residents-greeley-protest-covid-19-restrictions/

GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) — Residents at nursing and rehabilitation facility in Greeley organized a protest against Colorado’s coronavirus restrictions. On Thursday, about 20 residents gathered outside Fairacres Manor, many in wheelchairs, holding signs that read “Rather die from COVID than loneliness,” and “Prisoners in our own home,” and “Give us freedom.”

Ben Gonzales, an assistant administrator at Fairacres Manor, said the residents are upset about the COVID-19 restrictions put in place by the state health department.

“They want to be able to hug their grandchildren, they want to be able to hold the hands of their loved ones,” Gonzales said.

Gonzales said the residents are able to see visitors, but they have to stay six feet apart and can’t have any physical contact.

Gonzales told CBS4 the Fairacres Resident Council wanted their voices to be heard — and organized the protest on 16th Street.

“We used to be lucky here at Fairacres to show each other what we mean to one another and we cannot do that anymore,” said Resident Council President Sharon Peterson, who is 75. “Fairacres follows the rules and, with that, we think they would keep us safe while being able to be with our families again.”

“We did this because one thing we have to look forward to is a simple hug,” Peterson said. “It gives us meaning.”

Staff members were there during the protest to support the residents and keep them safe.

“We want them to know that their voice does matter,” Gonzales said.

Gonzales said staff members were all wearing masks and eye protection, as required, and they made sure the residents wore masks and stayed six feet apart.

“Fairacres needs to be commended on how well they have cared for all of us, but it’s time for our voices to be heard,” Peterson said. frown frown
Whaattttt???

But they said Quarantine and prolong to the fullest
Any way renegade can post Bobby Vinton's 'Mr Lonely'?
This calls for a Prayer and a few Terminal Patriots

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14967124/1

Give those folk some firearms !
Yes, my father is in assisted living. It is like a very safe prison.
My parents are in a nursing home in CA and have been under lockdown since about May. We haven't been allowed to visit them in person and this morning, my dad passed away.

He was coming up on 93 and had some health issues, but was stubborn and refused to be limited in what he could do. So the lockdown was really hard on him and us...we used to take them out every weekend to go on rides through the country, to go shopping for basics, etc. It was the highlight of their week and it was a chance to spend a lot of time together. When the virus first hit, we were ok with the extreme measures since our parents (and the other residents of the nursing home) were vulnerable.

Weeks turned into months and the restrictions increased. You could see the mental and physical decline when we were given a "window visit" (they were rolled up to a glass door and we called them on the phone from the other side) and we pushed for more visits. The nursing home refused, saying they would be shut down by Gov. Newsom if they did what we were asking for. So a 5 minute window visit was all we could have once a month.

I get that you can't expose old folks to a virus, but there has to be a balance between the needs of the elderly for safety and their need for family interactions. If I could, I'd break Newsom's neck right now for having deprived us of the last 6 months of my dad's life. The lockdown is about 98.3% political and the rest something else, and I'll never forget, or forgive, the (D) party for doing this to us. There was and is no need to turn the population into prisoners.
I have thought about this.

It never turns out.
My bad, sorry,
Why not the six foot rule, this is so sad , a life long friends mother just past under the same circumstances here in PA, its almost criminal !
I'm sure there are a few more here who would join the neck stretching party. I'm not a joiner by nature, but I can see it for certain causes.
You would not be able to keep me away.
COVID has affected all politicians and health officials - they're only running at 3% of their normal IQ at the moment.
Originally Posted by Remsen
My parents are in a nursing home in CA and have been under lockdown since about May. We haven't been allowed to visit them in person and this morning, my dad passed away.

He was coming up on 93 and had some health issues, but was stubborn and refused to be limited in what he could do. So the lockdown was really hard on him and us...we used to take them out every weekend to go on rides through the country, to go shopping for basics, etc. It was the highlight of their week and it was a chance to spend a lot of time together. When the virus first hit, we were ok with the extreme measures since our parents (and the other residents of the nursing home) were vulnerable.

Weeks turned into months and the restrictions increased. You could see the mental and physical decline when we were given a "window visit" (they were rolled up to a glass door and we called them on the phone from the other side) and we pushed for more visits. The nursing home refused, saying they would be shut down by Gov. Newsom if they did what we were asking for. So a 5 minute window visit was all we could have once a month.

I get that you can't expose old folks to a virus, but there has to be a balance between the needs of the elderly for safety and their need for family interactions. If I could, I'd break Newsom's neck right now for having deprived us of the last 6 months of my dad's life. The lockdown is about 98.3% political and the rest something else, and I'll never forget, or forgive, the (D) party for doing this to us. There was and is no need to turn the population into prisoners.

Condolences on your loss Remsen....That is a tough thing to have to endure... I certainly would be bitter... Newsome and Cuomo both need to be held accountable for all of the instances of this, they have caused due to their "executive orders"....its for the best of the common good.. of course unless its YOUR parents who the ones sacrificed for everyone else..
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
COVID has affected all politicians and health officials - they're only running at 3% of their normal IQ at the moment.

There are indications that the average Pollie IQ is nothing to brag about under the best of circumstances.
Originally Posted by Remsen

Sue those f-ckers.
I know you are a good man Roger.
i'd kill someone for that chit.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
I know you are a good man Roger.

Thanks, Jim, I try to be, sometimes its hard.
Remsen, sorry for your loss.

My Dad is in assisted living and my Mom is in a nursing home next door. They can see each others windows. They are coming up on their 70th wedding anniversary next week, but can not be together for it.
This permeates through so many segments of our populace.

The stay at home lockups, the constant thump of the totalitarian drum "we are all in this together", etc., really kill a free people.

To die of a seasonal virus, well that's a natural death. To die of (or with) heartbreak in isolation brought on by communists, that's a crime.

Remsen, I'm sorry for your fathers passing under these circumstances.
I am the legal guardian of my 52 year old cousin after his mom passed. He is mentally retarded about Forrest Gump level. He's a ward of the state of Virginia and a resident of Chesterfield County.

Before coronavirus he held a night time job as a custodian at the local UPS hub. He spends about one weekend a month with us every month since his mom died 4 years ago.

They have him locked into his group home like a prisoner in a cell. He is not allowed to do anything except be heavily medicated and forced to watch TV. The staff members at the group home come and go on a daily basis. But the residents of the home are not allowed anything at all outside of the house.

There have only been three adults in his life that have mattered to him.

His mother, my mother who passed two weeks ago and me.

He was not allowed to attend the funeral, but they said they would bring him to the gravesite so he could grieve. I strongly believe that will never happen unless I take Chesterfield County to court.

He used to call me once a week you, now he calls me 4 times a day.

Coronavirus and the Democratic control over his life have totally Zapped his brain. It's a damn shame, I really have no idea what I could do as a recourse other than taking legal custody of him. I struggle with the decisions greatly.

I truly hate Democrats and the BS they inflict upon innocent people.
© 24hourcampfire