Home
Posted By: Dutch C19. Would you, if you could? - 10/14/20
Been thinking about this. At this point in time, knowing what we up know, and medical knowledge and treatments where they are: would you purposely get C19 if you could? Be done with it and be able to go on with your life?

Given that I’m mid 50’s, healthy, not overweight, not prone to lung problems, I’m starting to think it just might be worth being done with it. Tell them to stick the vaccine, their tests, their social distancing, their fear politics and all the rest of it where the sun don’t shine....?
I think that i already had it.

Thin is they won't or don't want to do the blood test to check.
Posted By: sse Re: C19. Would you, if you could? - 10/14/20
i agree, get it over with already
No more than I'd purposely go out and get an influenza strain.

I don't want it, but I don't fear it either.

And I too believe I and my youngest girl (17) have already had it back in January.
I already have it, on day 11 in the hodpital, and wished I never had it. Can't imagine actually trying to get it on purpose.
Posted By: las Re: C19. Would you, if you could? - 10/14/20
And whether you have had it or not makes no diff with the endless BS foisted on us. You may be immune, but they'll still insist on the hoops.

Now (just heard this yesterday without paying much attention to it), apparently "they" have a confirmed case of someone catching the C twice. I think if true (and who the hell knows?). it wasn't the same strain.
Or if it was, wasn't it just a relapse? More hysteria.

Bar the doors...Close the Windows!...Pull the bed covers over your head - it's gonna kill us all!!!!

Ran the numbers yesterday again. .6% deaths in Alaska of reported cases- and again who the hell knows - our stats are now coming out of CDC, rather than locally. Plus no one knows who has it that have no symptoms.

I saw a headline (about all I read anymore) that the public is losing confidence in "science". Ya think?

No Dutch- I would not. I'll let all you others catch it, get immune and non-contagious, and I'm good to go.... smile
I’ve had a cold more than once. Same with the flu. What makes you think this is a one and done proposition?

To answer your question, I’ve no idea how my family and myself have avoided getting it so far, but I wouldn’t consider purposefully contracting any disease. That seems foolish.
My bet: testing aberration, i.e. false positive second time.
Posted By: efw Re: C19. Would you, if you could? - 10/14/20
Originally Posted by Dutch
would you purposely get C19 if you could? Be done with it and be able to go on with your life?

Oh yeah for sure I think darn near everyone should
It’s, in my layman’s understanding of science, almost certainly the exception to get C19 twice. Even more than a decade later, SARS survivors are still resistant to C19. Now, there may be individuals who don’t have properly functioning immune systems, or have a glitch that makes them particularly vulnerable to it........but on the whole, no, it’s a “once and done” kinda thing.
It’s, in my layman’s understanding of science, almost certainly the exception to get C19 twice. Even more than a decade later, SARS survivors are still resistant to C19. Now, there may be individuals who don’t have properly functioning immune systems, or have a glitch that makes them particularly vulnerable to it........but on the whole, no, it’s a “once and done” kinda thing.

I had something in January of 2019. The symptoms were very much as described like C-19 so I'm guessing SARS or MERS. It took me 10 days to get through it. I know I have been close to folks with the C-19 and I'm still walking around with no symptoms. I don't want it but I'm not afraid of it either.

kwg
No. There is no reason to. If I get it, okay, but I'm not going to intentionally get sick.
I think I'm just getting over it, it wasn't fun enough to do again. It's a crap shoot on how it will hit you and you won't get any treatment unless your super rich or totally fugged. The older you are the worse the odds, but more than a few young healthy folks have been hit hard by it and some older folks skate through.

Get sick intentionally? Hell no. Fear getting it? No. Why would you intentionally get something that has some unknown and possibly lasting effects?

Even when you've had it, you still have to follow whatever stupid rules are there for things like flying, stores, restaraunts etc.
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

Get sick intentionally? Hell no. Fear getting it? No. Why would you intentionally get something that has some unknown and possibly lasting effects?

Even when you've had it, you still have to follow whatever stupid rules are there for things like flying, stores, restaraunts etc.

One of the reasons I’m thinking about thus is that I’m around folks on a somewhat regular basis that are anywhere from medium to rather high risk. If I were immune, I can’t get them sick.

That , and I’m sick and sick, and sick and TIRED of this crap and want to just rip the bandaid off.....
If I knew it would provide lasting immunity I would kiss a Covid carrier tonight. Get it the fu--ck over with and move on.
Just for y'all's information, make of it what you will.

https://thehill.com/changing-americ...n-catches-covid-19-twice-and-second-case

Note: my BOLD

Researchers said the resident of Washoe County began experiencing symptoms consistent with a viral infection in late March and first tested positive for COVID-19 on April 18. His symptoms fully cleared up on April 27 and he tested negative for the virus on two separate occasions, on May 9 and May 26.

On May 31, the patient went to an urgent care facility reporting fever, headache, dizziness, cough, nausea and diarrhea. On June 5, he tested positive for COVID-19 and was hospitalized after a doctor found his oxygen levels were dangerously low. He required oxygen support in the hospital and reported symptoms that included myalgia, cough and shortness of breath. The patient later recovered and was discharged from the hospital.

The patient had no significant underlying conditions and no indications of a compromised immunity.

Researchers determined the patient was in fact infected on two separate occasions after finding significant genetic differences between the viruses responsible for each infection.

These findings suggest that the patient was infected by SARS-CoV-2 on two separate occasions by a genetically distinct virus,” the study’s authors wrote. “Thus, previous exposure to SARS-CoV-2 might not guarantee total immunity in all cases.”

There have been at least 22 documented cases of reinfection worldwide since the beginning of the pandemic, but it’s not clear how common reinfection may be.

From the actual published article:

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30764-7/fulltext

again: my BOLD

Findings
The patient had two positive tests for SARS-CoV-2, the first on April 18, 2020, and the second on June 5, 2020, separated by two negative tests done during follow-up in May, 2020. Genomic analysis of SARS-CoV-2 showed genetically significant differences between each variant associated with each instance of infection. The second infection was symptomatically more severe than the first.

However, and it might be a very big however, it seems so far something along the lines of only 22 "confirmed" cases of re-infection have been discovered. That doesn't mean there weren't more cases with milder symptoms where folks didn't bother seeking treatment/testing.
Originally Posted by Bob_H_in_NH

One of the reasons I’m thinking about thus is that I’m around folks on a somewhat regular basis that are anywhere from medium to rather high risk. If I were immune, I can’t get them sick.

That , and I’m sick and sick, and sick and TIRED of this crap and want to just rip the bandaid off.....

Hey Dutch,

I mentioned being about ready to do as you propose a couple of weeks back. I'm about done with it all. Want to get it over with, not just for me, but for "society" at large.

Not sure where we're going to end up with all this, the radio program I was listening to the other day was really leaning towards all of the "new normal" crap, of course it was NPR. (shocked I wasn't). They did mention some things they were doing in Taiwan that appeared to be working, not too terribly intrusive, but enough many of us would not go for it here.

When the numbers all shake out later in this saga, maybe we'll know if this crap is "worse" than the related cold viruses, and like them we humans never end up with a perfect immunity to it.

If, there is more than one strain, as appears to have been genetically seen already, we might all just be fugged and we hope if we get it it isn't too bad. Mr Nevada mentioned in the above study appears to have been relatively healthy, yet his second case seems to have been his worse. Maybe "we" get lucky and it gets shown that most folks develop a stronger immunity than that fellow.

Sure doesn't seem to be getting any more convenient for any of use.

Hope the fishies are doing well.
Originally Posted by Valsdad

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30764-7/fulltext

From the article ...
"The mechanisms that could account for a more severe secondary infection can only be speculated. First, a very high dose of virus might have led to the second instance of infection and induced more severe disease.Second, it is possible that reinfection was caused by a version of the virus that was more virulent, or more virulent in this patient's context. Third, a mechanism of antibody-dependent enhancement might be the cause, a means by which specific Fc-bearing immune cells become infected with virus by binding to specific antibodies. "

Also ...
"A major limitation of our case study is that we were unable to undertake any assessment of the immune response to the first episode of SARS-CoV-2 infection."

So they don't know if the person developed antibodies from the first case.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I’ve had a cold more than once. Same with the flu. What makes you think this is a one and done proposition?

To answer your question, I’ve no idea how my family and myself have avoided getting it so far, but I wouldn’t consider purposefully contracting any disease. That seems foolish.

I won't say that I want to go out and catch this crap on purpose.

But, on the other hand, 60 years ago and before for time immemorial, lots of folks purposely exposed their kids to mumps, or chicken pox, or three day measles. It was a lot easier on the person to go through them at a young age. And the family could somewhat schedule the event to a time of most convenience.

Heaven forbid one catch mumps as an adult. "That schitt can make you STERILE!"
Geno, the science is still imperfect, but we know that about 40% of the population has a T-cell response to COVID, and about the same number appears to be immune (asymptomatic). Others get it twice? I thing the “publish or perish” pressure is not doing the reputation of science in general any favors, there’s faint odors of yellow journalism mixed in.

Occam’s razor: I find it hard to believe that in the 100,000 years hominids have lived in caves, with bats, that this is the FIRST time C19 jumped the species barrier and only NOW, after all those eons and gazillion exposures does C19 become a permanent,recurring, infection of the human (and mink) species.

Fishes are doing swimmingly, hope you got the ‘maters in before the frost.
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by Valsdad

From the article ...
"The mechanisms that could account for a more severe secondary infection can only be speculated. First, a very high dose of virus might have led to the second instance of infection and induced more severe disease.Second, it is possible that reinfection was caused by a version of the virus that was more virulent, or more virulent in this patient's context. Third, a mechanism of antibody-dependent enhancement might be the cause, a means by which specific Fc-bearing immune cells become infected with virus by binding to specific antibodies. "

Also ...
"A major limitation of our case study is that we were unable to undertake any assessment of the immune response to the first episode of SARS-CoV-2 infection."

So they don't know if the person developed antibodies from the first case.

Basically that appears to be what they're saying. They didn't test for antibodies, just to see if he was negative for the virus.

Testing everyone for antibodies would be another expense our economy likely wouldn't enjoy.

The other really interesting thing there is the "third" statement. Wouldn't seem like fun I happened to be a patient that had that condition.
Been thinking about this. At this point in time, knowing what we up know, and medical knowledge and treatments where they are: would you purposely get C19 if you could? Be done with it and be able to go on with your life?

Given that I’m mid 50’s, healthy, not overweight, not prone to lung problems, I’m starting to think it just might be worth being done with it. Tell them to stick the vaccine, their tests, their social distancing, their fear politics and all the rest of it where the sun don’t shine....?

LOL
Geno, the science is still imperfect, but we know that about 40% of the population has a T-cell response to COVID, and about the same number appears to be immune (asymptomatic). Others get it twice? I thing the “publish or perish” pressure is not doing the reputation of science in general any favors, there’s faint odors of yellow journalism mixed in.

Occam’s razor: I find it hard to believe that in the 100,000 years hominids have lived in caves, with bats, that this is the FIRST time C19 jumped the species barrier and only NOW, after all those eons and gazillion exposures does C19 become a permanent,recurring, infection of the human (and mink) species.

Fishes are doing swimmingly, hope you got the ‘maters in before the frost.

Yes to Occam's, but you probably know that viruses mutate over time and can become more, or even less, virulent and from what I've read also gain the ability to "jump" species. And I'm still not convinced this is a natural crossing of the species boundary. I'm certainly no tin hatter, but do find it highly coincidental this "bat virus" getting into humans seems to have originated in proximity to a Chinese laboratory? As you say, mankind has been doing the cave thing all over the world, why not a cave in Mexico? Or Europe? Why Wuhan?? Simplest explanation "because it did"? Or simplest explanation " because someone there was working with it" ?

As to the "publish or perish" thing. It doesn't seem to me to be the case here. In the fish world I do know that when anything new occurred, something similar to this news, the folks publishing it have no other reliable way of getting the news out to others in the industry so those folks could test to see if it was happening in their area too. Not sure about the yellow journalism thing either. The fact they actually listed their limitations in the quotes OldHat provided shows me they're not entirely proposing that they are "right". Seems they're just noting "This is what we found and it needs more exploring into" . But as I said, I have a bit of a trusting nature, I'm not ready for the tin foil yet............except perhaps in the case of a bat virus starting to infect humans near a major Chinese viral research facility.

Taters in the one bed are "dug". Very little digging in my method, pull back the mulch and there they are. +/- 30lbs from one 4'x8' bed, not a bad harvest in my mind. I've got some other volunteers in another bed to dig too.

Before the frost? .......You're kidding, right? We've had frost since mid-late Sept, not every night, last night it was in the low 40's!. Still have tomatoes and peppers under cover that are alive even.
Some of you guys should be flat fugking embarrassed.
Many would be getting on with their lives regardless had we not allowed the govt. to think that they had this much power. Personal choice and responsibility have been put on hold, for awhile. The weak are easily frightened and manipulated.

#nobodylivesforever

mike r
No one lives forever:

Let's have a party
There's a full moon in the sky
It's the hour of the wolf
And I don't want to die

My advise is don’t hunt for it, don’t fear it.
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Many would be getting on with their lives regardless had we not allowed the govt. to think that they had this much power. Personal choice and responsibility have been put on hold, for awhile. The weak are easily frightened and manipulated.

#nobodylivesforever

mike r

Exactly.

COVID didn't cause or change a single fugking thing.

Government did.
If you want a ‘free’ antibody test just give blood. They will test it for antibodies and let you know the results.
Originally Posted by plainsman456

I'd love to get the antibody test to see if I've had it. First of all, I had a weird flu right at the end of December which might have been it. Secondly, you can get COVID and have zero symptoms, so anyone could have had it without knowing it. It would be nice to go back to normal and not have to worry about them trying to corner you into taking an untested vaccine, assuming it's ever released.
I am doing my 14 days. I did not want it, nor do I want it again.

Good luck though to those that would like to test all the theories out there.

Problem with theorie is they are just that, theories, and it takes something [bleep] to happen for it to become a dead theory.

God Bless You All, and Your Families.

Miss Lynn
I live my life the same as I did before Covid for the most part I refuse to wear the mask or to jump through the hoops. I wouldn’t deliberately want it. The flu is no fun. If I get it I’m not all that worried about it and I’d get an automatic two weeks minimum paid off of work. So it wouldn’t be all bad. Probably be sick around the house for a week and then spend a week bird hunting.

I think I might have had it around Christmas this year. My wife’s an RN at the only urgent care in our town. She obviously comes into contact with a lot of sick people. I had a mild fever for a few days and something that felt like a cold. It dragged out a little longer than a typical cold probably about a week. I had a dry hacking cough/coughing spasms for close to a month before the cough eventually went away. I wasn’t sick enough to miss any work over it but with all of the coughing people probably wished that I had. It was obviously before Covid was on anybody’s radar and I couldn’t miss a months work over coughing spasms.
Too many unknowns about this. There are people left with long term health issues, some I know of personally. People with very mild cases that went away in a few days have been left with heart, lung, and circulatory damage they didn't have previously. Not everyone, but some. My daughter was pretty sick for 7-10 days, but fully recovered. Another friend was an extreme athlete who ran marathons had a mild case in April. She still can't run more than 2 miles from lung damage that hasn't healed yet. There have been several college age athletes who tested positive, but were asymptomatic. They now have heart damage.
I tested positive on 10/2/20. I'm over it now. It wasn't a lot of fun. While I wouldn't fear getting Covid, I would take it seriously and it is not something I would go looking for. Likely it will find you soon enough...Deal with it then.
I think I had it in Jan. Lots of other folks I talk to, around the country as well, think they had it Dec/Jan timeframe.
Leave it alone. Live you life. Don’t hunt for it, don’t fear it, and know if it is your turn it will find you..
I did get it (so the doctors said anyway)
I have had worse paper cuts.

I was 100% over the symptoms in 3 days. At it' very worst it didn't even make me feel bad enough to stop working ---- or really notice it much.

No.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No.

Wise choice.
Originally Posted by plainsman456

Same here.
No mumps, no measles, no chicken pox, no nothing, thank you.
I really thought I had it in March, but had antibody test, and it was negative.
I don't do any precautions.
I walk in the woods with bees, rattlers, bears, and an occasional falling tree. I can't see fearing life.
Originally Posted by hatari

My advise is don’t hunt for it, don’t fear it.

I agree. Aside from having to wear a dork mask as a condition of going into a few stores, I have not changed my routine aside from avoiding states with more restrictive rules.
I could probably survive herpes, but I’m not going to go out and try to get it.
My Grandma is in her mid 80’s and has 2 Biden signs in her yard. She’s a union democrat from way back.

She scared of the kung flu and refuses to get on with her life.

What’s your excuse?
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I could probably survive herpes, but I’m not going to go out and try to get it.

https://www.psypost.org/2018/10/the...erpes-virus-and-alzheimers-disease-52412
Day 12 for me (since my first day of symptoms). Still sucks, no taste or smell yet.
Originally Posted by viking
Day 12 for me (since my first day of symptoms). Still sucks, no taste or smell yet.

Hope things start getting better for you soon.
Get well soon, Viking.

For me, no. I'm not going to out and licking door handles like some of you dipchits to catch it.

I am taking reasonable precautions to stay healthy. If I get it, I hope I am not one of the ones that have long term disability from it. But I don't lose sleep over it.

I am a healthy 45 year old. I get out every day, run errands, eat out, shoot at the range, hunt, etc.
Originally Posted by duck911
Get well soon, Viking.

For me, no. I'm not going to out and licking door handles like some of you dipchits to catch it.

I am taking reasonable precautions to stay healthy. If I get it, I hope I am not one of the ones that have long term disability from it. But I don't lose sleep over it.

I am a healthy 45 year old. I get out every day, run errands, eat out, shoot at the range, hunt, etc.

Prior to this year the duck used to lick door knobs.

Just imagine making it 45 years on this planet before you learned to not lick doorknobs. Just [bleep]’n imagine that.
Originally Posted by widrahthaar

Prior to this year the duck used to lick door knobs.

Just imagine making it 45 years on this planet before you learned to not lick doorknobs. Just [bleep]’n imagine that.

Hoping to drag some of your idiot resident trolls out of their single wides for some fun?

GFY, dumbazz.
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No mumps, no measles, no chicken pox, no nothing, thank you.

mumps, check
Measles, check
chicken pox, check
rubella, check.
vibrio, check
pneumonia, check

Vaccinated for the serious stuff, polio, whooping cough, tetanus, diphtheria. The only one I somehow missed out on was small pox.
Don't want any part of getting sick.
I KNEW I was on to something!

Local University warns students not to intentionally expose themselves to C19 in hopes of higher plasma donation payout:

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article246413275.html

"Brigham Young University-Idaho has a strong message for students: Do not intentionally expose yourself or others to COVID-19 in hopes of getting paid more for your plasma.

In an official notice emailed Monday, the university said that it condemns the behavior and that such actions leave administrators “deeply troubled.” The message stated the university is looking for evidence that such conduct is happening among the student body.

“Students who are determined to have intentionally exposed themselves or others to the virus will be immediately suspended from the university and may be permanently dismissed,” the statement says.

Eastern Idaho Public Health spokeswoman Mimi Taylor said the health district has also heard rumors of such activity, but has nothing to substantiate any alleged actions.

Madison County, where BYU-Idaho is located, has the highest COVID-19 infection rate across the health district. As of Sunday evening, there were 326 active cases in the county. Last week, a change in the health district’s COVID-19 response plan moved the area into the high-risk level.

The outbreak is so bad that data collected and updated by The New York Times lists the Rexburg area as having the highest number of new cases, relative to its population, in the past two weeks.
Posted By: g5m Re: C19. Would you, if you could? - 10/15/20
Intentionally getting Covid-19 would be dancing with the devil and hoping it's not too bad.
I KNEW I was on to something!

Local University warns students not to intentionally expose themselves to C19 in hopes of higher plasma donation payout:

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article246413275.html

"Brigham Young University-Idaho has a strong message for students: Do not intentionally expose yourself or others to COVID-19 in hopes of getting paid more for your plasma.

In an official notice emailed Monday, the university said that it condemns the behavior and that such actions leave administrators “deeply troubled.” The message stated the university is looking for evidence that such conduct is happening among the student body.

“Students who are determined to have intentionally exposed themselves or others to the virus will be immediately suspended from the university and may be permanently dismissed,” the statement says.

Eastern Idaho Public Health spokeswoman Mimi Taylor said the health district has also heard rumors of such activity, but has nothing to substantiate any alleged actions.

Madison County, where BYU-Idaho is located, has the highest COVID-19 infection rate across the health district. As of Sunday evening, there were 326 active cases in the county. Last week, a change in the health district’s COVID-19 response plan moved the area into the high-risk level.

The outbreak is so bad that data collected and updated by The New York Times lists the Rexburg area as having the highest number of new cases, relative to its population, in the past two weeks.

CSBCS? (College Students Being College Students)
Well, duh.... but word on the street is they are paying $200 a suck, or $600 a week. Not bad for 8 hrs of playing games on your phone.....
Originally Posted by viking

I'm on day 14, didn't loose smell or taste that I can tell but my nose doesn't work very good anymore anyway. I'm still a bit low on energy, but my lungs feel better. I'd wake up at 4:00 am feeling like I almost couldn't breath, hack a bunch of chit up. Other than a fever and the chits a few days, that's been it. Made the 1/3 mile round trip to the mailbox and was winded just doing that. I've had worse flu, but this seems to drag on a bit longer for me.

A pretty athletic 20 something male my wife works with is in the same boat as me, while a 60 yr old out of shape female breezes through with hardly a symptom. Strange chit.
Well, duh.... but word on the street is they are paying $200 a suck, or $600 a week. Not bad for 8 hrs of playing games on your phone.....

$600 a week?

Maybe I kneed to go bac to skule.

That would be a nice supplement to my retirement.
I was just talking to my buddy in Canby, he said he was going to get the wife infected, too. That's sixty large a year for working a day a week. That's doctor's wages..... LOL!
Are some of you fugktards still honestly concerned about the Bologna Virus?
Originally Posted by deflave

Thank god only three more weeks til the election. We can finally quit playing make believe pandemic.
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by deflave

Thank god only three more weeks til the election. We can finally quit playing make believe pandemic.

I think some of these clowns will still be masked up and buying "sanitizer" by the 55 gallon drum.

LOL
My wife tested positive yesterday. Our two boys 3 and 5 probably have it too as well as me. Just had to get tested today as well as held my kids as they did too. Waiting on results now.

She is tired and it’s basically a week flu for her. The two kids are a little cranky but not too bad. Hopefully it doesn’t get worse for any of us. It still sucks though. Mostly for us it’s worrying about the kids.
© 24hourcampfire