Home
Posted By: Muffin Flying vid... - 10/15/20
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Thanks Muffin,

I have never seen a cockpit video like that before.

I was amazed at the extreme motion on the joystick post rotation just to hold the craft at steady climb. Seemed a bit "ham fisted" to me. But that just shows how little I know.

And perhaps there was turbulence.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Thanks Muffin,

I was amazed at the extreme motion on the joystick post rotation just to hold the craft at steady climb. Seemed a bit "ham fisted" to me. But that just shows how little I know.

Joystick movement at the slower speeds is more than when speed is increased. The control surfaces at higher speeds respond more readily to joystick movement!
Posted By: MickeyD Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Thanks Muffin,

Turbulence? No. Woman driver🙄😁
Posted By: viking Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Nice “cockpit”. I would have to splash it.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Thanks Muffin,

Joystick movement at the slower speeds is more than when speed is increased. The control surfaces at higher speeds respond more readily to joystick movement!

No, no, no. She just likes to jerk the stick. Geesh...........
Posted By: BluMtn Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Just noticed on the display looks like a tail view camera showing forward view of plane. Also camera showing nose wheel gear.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
I thought the captain (aircraft commander/pilot in command) sat on the left side, here the woman on the right seems to be controlling the aircraft.
Posted By: travelingman1 Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Probably co-pilot, getting to do the takeoff.
Choppers are more fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY3uH9S8b1M&ab_channel=ArthurGemperle

Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Thanks Muffin,

That makes a lot of sense.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Helicopter
Definition: A million parts all moving in different directions trying to beat the air into submission 😮
Not trying. They do it every day.

Chuck Norris approves this message.

laugh
Posted By: gonehuntin Re: Flying vid... - 10/16/20
Big jets are so antiseptic, everything is so quiet and regimented like a corporate boardroom. Props and an airframe buzzing with visceral energy are infinitely more fun:

Posted By: Brad Re: Flying vid... - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Big jets are so antiseptic, everything is so quiet and regimented like a corporate boardroom. Props and an airframe buzzing with visceral energy are infinitely more fun

My dad retired left seat of the 747.., his comment was “real airplanes have propellers and all kinds of chit sticking out of them.”
Posted By: g5m Re: Flying vid... - 10/17/20
Impressive!
Posted By: g5m Re: Flying vid... - 10/17/20
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Big jets are so antiseptic, everything is so quiet and regimented like a corporate boardroom. Props and an airframe buzzing with visceral energy are infinitely more fun:

More impressive!
© 24hourcampfire