Home
Posted By: rockinbbar Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
I bet they do until after the election...

And if Biden wins, there will be a sell off of epic proportions. Epic.
Posted By: Sponxx Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Time to buy some? whistle
Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
The market doesn't like uncertainty.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Not yet..
Posted By: GeoW Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by Sponxx

Not just now.. Sold when I heard of Trump positive Covid test and will wait until uncertainty clears a bit..

Posted By: jaguartx Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Ha. Wait until the schiett hits the fan
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
[Linked Image from media1.tenor.com]
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
The make believe of the stock market has been greatly improved by day traders.
The timing of these events is suspicious at best.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Ya know.....I wouldn't have any idea what the stock market is doing if I didn't read it here. Grin......

I've got a few years, like 20, before I need to start juggling things to less risky investments.....so I just keep adding at a set pace and will let it ride.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Next week isn't going to be good for the markets.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
It's a double whammy. They're screaming COVID which always works for them, and it's an excuse for the market to sell off which is bad for sentiment right before the election.
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Yep. The biggest boon the market has had in 100 years was the introduction of trading software.
Posted By: Gus Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
the markets, no matter who wins nor who loses, has so far pretty much ignored the runup in the nat'l debt. maybe debt numbers don't matter near as much as i thought they did. i don't really know for sure.
Originally Posted by Gus
the markets, no matter who wins nor who loses, has so far pretty much ignored the runup in the nat'l debt. maybe debt numbers don't matter near as much as i thought they did. i don't really know for sure.

Actually, I would argue, it has gone up with the national debt because it's artificial stimulus and an illusion of prosperity. Keep printing more money and that bigger money supply will chase stocks. The more important question is, what happens when anyone gets serious about balancing the budget, like that will ever happen again.
Posted By: MAC Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Got out of the market a long time ago. I'm going to retire with 3 pensions so I decided I didn't need or want the aggravation. Since I don't have kids I'm playing on my money while I'm still breathing.
Posted By: Gus Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by Gus

Actually, I would argue, it has gone up with the national debt because it's artificial stimulus and an illusion of prosperity. Keep printing more money and that bigger money supply will chase stocks. The more important question is, what happens when anyone gets serious about balancing the budget, like that will ever happen again.

neither team is much interested in that. they both talk big talk. but not much action. it's too easy to print money, or just digitalize it. at this point many of us probably don't even know what real money is.
Posted By: jdunham Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by MAC
Got out of the market a long time ago. I'm going to retire with 3 pensions so I decided I didn't need or want the aggravation. Since I don't have kids I'm playing on my money while I'm still breathing.

Good for you.
Posted By: shawlerbrook Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
This happens often in late October. If it really tanks another great buying opportunity. The DOW was at 18,000 in late March/early April after the Covid hit and went up to 28,000 after.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by jdunham
Originally Posted by MAC

Good for you.

x2 that's a win
Posted By: Potsy Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
I second the notion that it'll be rough until the election.

If D.J.T. is re-elected, we'll have to hear about COVID for as long as CNN thinks it has legs, but everybody knows we're pretty close to a vaccine.

If Biden is elected, our tax and trade policies will go to crap, but I don't think there will be a crash, just six years of stagnation like we had under Obama (after he "led us out of the recession"), with the media telling us how great it is the entire time. The worst thing is, we will spend lots of money defending institutions and policies that promote crashes like we did with the '08-'10 bailouts.

I've got a pretty big chunk in a 401K. All mutual funds. I've also got about $1,800 in a RobinHood account I started about 6 months ago. I had always wanted to play the market (like, since I was 13), so I finally started dabbling. I've traded around and have some margin trades floating around out there, but nothing TOO risky, it's been up as high as $2,150 a week ago. Down to about $1,850 today. LOTS of upside (like double-triple my portfolio), if we ever get dug out of this. Gonna be a wild ride.

I entered in to it with the understanding (even with my 401K's) that stock and commodity markets are functionally somewhere between a Ponzi Scheme and Blackjack with better research. But Social Security isn't a sure thing either..............
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

No kidding, bro. My liberal brother is one. What an ass clown.

But, now he's actually talking a little Trump to my little brother. Probably because he's worried and doesn't want to have his ass handed to him in the form of huge taxes by Shoot Em in the Leg Joe. Might stress the budget at his Redneck Beach crib and all.
Posted By: centershot Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by Sponxx

I placed an order for FZROX today with a little extra cash. 401(k) has been left alone.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
I believe the market is expressing fear that Trump will lose. Ms. Harris scares the market. Anyone that is sure of Trump winning might ought to jump in. I'm down 2.65% today.The only winners I have are Generac and TEVA Pharmaceuticals. Gold, silver, and platinum are all down. GDX was down over 6%.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Originally Posted by centershot
I placed an order for FZROX today with a little extra cash. 401(k) has been left alone.
What is FZROX?
Posted By: Potsy Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
The market frets that the election may not come to a conclusion by Nov. 4. The winner is secondary and the only thing scarier than Kamala is a vacuum.

On top of that, no stimulus till after the election (and even then, maybe not). Airlines and all related industries in the toilet. Couple million gallons a day of jet fuel not being used is killing the energy sector. No wars to keep Aerospace outfits cranking out munitions and parts for.

Plenty for the DOW to be down over besides Slow Joe and the Cameltoe.
Originally Posted by Hastings
I believe the market is expressing fear that Trump will lose. Ms. Harris scares the market. Anyone that is sure of Trump winning might ought to jump in. I'm down 2.65% today.The only winners I have are Generac and TEVA Pharmaceuticals. Gold, silver, and platinum are all down. GDX was down over 6%.

I think it's more a reflection of an increased chance of a contested election.
Posted By: ISRO Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
It's a double whammy. They're screaming COVID which always works for them, and it's an excuse for the market to sell off which is bad for sentiment right before the election.

Didn't move your money did you?
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/28/20
Baron Rothschild:

Buy when the cannons are booming.
Sell when the church bells are ringing.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
[Linked Image from tenor.com]
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Corn, and beans as well, not cattle, Whew!
Originally Posted by MAC
Got out of the market a long time ago. I'm going to retire with 3 pensions so I decided I didn't need or want the aggravation.

So, you think you're out of the market?
I jumped out the window! Luckily I was in the basement.
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I've got a few years, like 20, before I need to start juggling things to less risky investments.....so I just keep adding at a set pace and will let it ride.

There was a point in time back in history, when people in Venezuela and Cuba were in their 40's and thought they had 20 more years too...
Originally Posted by shawlerbrook
This happens often in late October. If it really tanks another great buying opportunity. The DOW was at 18,000 in late March/early April after the Covid hit and went up to 28,000 after.

Not every "tank" creates a dead cat bounce.

That's what makes men try to fly without wings.
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Both the stock market and the price of gold is being manipulated.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

There was a point in time back in history, when people in Venezuela and Cuba were in their 40's and thought they had 20 more years too...

Good point, especially as it relates to the elections.

I hope whitey is fully awake and cognizant on what’s at stake on this election season.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Down over 5% this week, today wasn’t a bad time to buy a little....
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20

Buying opportunity. I added a big chunk to my S&P Vanguard account back in March.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Apple, Amazon, Google, Facebook, Comcast and Twitter report earnings tommorow. Should be interesting.
Originally Posted by Kimber7man

I know people who thought the same thing after Enron lost 90% of it's value in their portfolios, and they lost even more after they talked to insiders who told them, it's a hell of a deal right now...it'll come back.......they bought more in an attempt to double down.....the rest is history.
DOW futures bouncing 250 after hours so far.
XOM – 31.45 (3-23-2020)

XOM – 31.57 (10-28-2020)

That’s sebbin SEVEN (7) months above.

And XOM gets booted from the DOW 30, and people laughed at me on here when I said back in March we’re looking at a financial Armageddon.

12 MIL unemployed.
BK papers flying in the skies instead of kites.
Debt highest in history, with never-to-stop presses running 24hr.

But we’re uh gunna have a recovereeeee…….weeeeeeee.

“Elkslayer you’re crazy, and have no clue what you’re talking about.” – says the swing traders.

“Wasn’t he saying back 6 months ago we wouldn’t have a recovery” (Paraphrased) - Ribka

“Go away………”

Uh huh…….yep…..tell me more.

I said 3 & 4 quarter numbers would tell the truth and won’t look good, and they aren’t looking so good are they?

I’ve seen some with retail knowledge state retail wrote off the Christmas season months back, when they had to order. They didn’t order stock, because they didn’t think they would be able to sell it in these economic conditions. Their people knew too, you don’t turn a wipeout like what just happened around overnight, and with online kicking their asses in sales, they decided to conserve cashflow to make it last, until they could figure out a way to compete, or just survive with a paycheck until forced to close.

Weeeeeeeeee……… gonna turn it around with Hospitality in the cellar, and stores and restaurants boarded up permanently.

Weeeeeeeee……..wear your masks…….you’ll be safe……..Weeeee……..

Vaccine is coming….We don’t need 10 years to make sure it is safe…………Weeeeeee……….we’ll be back to a 30K DOW…LMAO

Weeeeeeeee……….

DOW futures bouncing 250 after hours so far.

How much of that do you think is computer generated trading?
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20

I know people who thought the same thing after Enron lost 90% of it's value in their portfolios, and they lost even more after they talked to insiders who told them, it's a hell of a deal right now...it'll come back.......they bought more in an attempt to double down.....the rest is history.

Apple ain’t Enron. Weeeeeee

Apple ain’t Enron. Weeeeeee

Apple can't move product when the rest of the economy implodes, and people are unemployed and have NO money.

How does a stock rise when they aren't moving product, and making a profit?

Weeeeeeeee......Checkmate
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
The market doesn't like uncertainty.

This.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
XOM – 31.45 (3-23-2020)

XOM – 31.57 (10-28-2020)

And XOM gets booted from the DOW 30, and people laughed at me on here when I said back in March we’re looking at a financial Armageddon.

12 MIL unemployed.

“Elkslayer you’re crazy, and have no clue what you’re talking about.” – says the swing traders.

“Wasn’t he saying back 6 months ago we wouldn’t have a recovery” (Paraphrased) - Ribka

“Go away………”

I said 3 & 4 quarter numbers would tell the truth and won’t look good, and they aren’t looking so good are they?

I’ve seen some with retail knowledge state retail wrote off the Christmas season months back, when they had to order. They didn’t order stock, because they didn’t think they would be able to sell it in these economic conditions. Their people knew too, you don’t turn a wipeout like what just happened around overnight, and with online kicking their asses in sales, they decided to conserve cashflow to make it last, until they could figure out a way to compete, or just survive with a paycheck until forced to close.

Weeeeeeeeee……… gonna turn it around with Hospitality in the cellar, and stores and restaurants boarded up permanently.

Vaccine is coming….We don’t need 10 years to make sure it is safe…………Weeeeeee……….we’ll be back to a 30K DOW…LMAO

Weeeeeeeee……….

3rd Quarter GDP released this morning... Weeeee! grin

The U.S. economy experienced the largest quarterly increase in history in the third quarter, according to the Atlanta Fed's GDPNow tracker.

Over the weekend, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta's tracker increased its estimate of GDP growth to 34%.

That would shatter the old record of 16.7% in the first quarter of 1950 during the Harry Truman administration.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/4859354/

It settled in at 33.1%

Weeee!
'What goes up must come down"?
It'll all come down sooner or later.

If Biden gets elected, it'll be sooner, rather than later.

Weeeeeeeee……….

ES91 will be by with his crystal ball before long... smile
Posted By: blairvt Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
XOM – 31.45 (3-23-2020)

XOM – 31.57 (10-28-2020)

12 MIL unemployed.

“Go away………”

Weeeeeeeee……….

Incoherent.
Originally Posted by blairvt

Incoherent.

Weeee! laugh
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20

Incoherent.

Weeee! laugh

Since we weeeee in flush toilets....we are safe here.
Posted By: czech1022 Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
We're in a bubble. Higher stock prices that are completely disconnected from the actual worth of the company. Real estate at all-time highs and going higher. Millions of mortgages past due and little to no hope that they won't go into default. Banks being propped up by the Fed dumping money. Interest rates near 0% just to entice people to keep buying.

The crash is coming, and it's near.

Stocks first, wiping out 401k plans and putting millions of people who hoped to retire into McDonalds flipping burgers. Then gold and silver will drop as panic selling grows. Then real estate, with defaults erupting like a volcano.

Cash will be king, unless the banks fail, and right now that's a 50-50 bet. B of A was 3 hours from closing their doors during the mortgage crisis of 2008. Will banks be bailed out again?

High-quality bonds are the only safe haven right now. Treasury bonds went up 25% in the last crash. Anyone who survives this without loss will be in a buyer's paradise.
Looks like market is forming a double top, which isn’t good from a technical point. We could get a small rip before it goes down, but I’m in cautious mode with tight stops.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
I tend to agree with czech.
Originally Posted by czech1022
We're in a bubble. Higher stock prices that are completely disconnected from the actual worth of the company. Real estate at all-time highs and going higher. Millions of mortgages past due and little to no hope that they won't go into default. Banks being propped up by the Fed dumping money. Interest rates near 0% just to entice people to keep buying.

The crash is coming, and it's near.

Stocks first, wiping out 401k plans and putting millions of people who hoped to retire into McDonalds flipping burgers. Then gold and silver will drop as panic selling grows. Then real estate, with defaults erupting like a volcano.

Cash will be king, unless the banks fail, and right now that's a 50-50 bet. B of A was 3 hours from closing their doors during the mortgage crisis of 2008. Will banks be bailed out again?

High-quality bonds are the only safe haven right now. Treasury bonds went up 25% in the last crash. Anyone who survives this without loss will be in a buyer's paradise.

I've been trying to tell these people the same, but they enjoy cyber stalking me instead with kid games, and many prove they have no clue on how finances work or how the government hides the true numbers from the public.

You people who think we have a positive GDP have no clue, and it shows and proves you don't understand how the numbers work.

Go take a course in accounting, and learn how to read line items in reports, so you can observe how the government lies to your face as they manipulate the numbers to report lies.
Incoherent.

Typical liberal's response when they are clueless. They make an accusation, and fail to point out a specific item to discuss they believe to be wrong.

The reason they don't, is because it is them who are the "incoherent" one, and don't have the intellect to understand what was said, nor the ability to discuss the topic.

But....they're good at running their mouths, like all democrats who are clueless and can not debate the facts.
XOM – 31.45 (3-23-2020)

XOM – 31.57 (10-28-2020)

12 MIL unemployed.

“Go away………”

Weeeeeeeee……….

3rd Quarter GDP released this morning... Weeeee! grin

The U.S. economy experienced the largest quarterly increase in history in the third quarter, according to the Atlanta Fed's GDPNow tracker.

Over the weekend, the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta's tracker increased its estimate of GDP growth to 34%.

That would shatter the old record of 16.7% in the first quarter of 1950 during the Harry Truman administration.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/10/4859354/

It settled in at 33.1%

Weeee!

LOL..no Barry, it's a negative GDP "when ALL the numbers are factored in", and has been for several decades, and the fact you don't realize it, says a lot.
Here you go Barry. I’ll be nice and help you. Below is what you are missing. I won’t get into a pissing match you. You people can keep playing your games thinking you are out witting me, but you only make fools of yourselves, because my “hard facts” I always post are just that, hard facts which are always undeniably true.

GDP – Fiscal Debt added = -(TRUE GDP)

Here’s a clue, if you never balanced your checkbook by subtracting checks written, and just looked at your deposits, that would show a “positive” too now, would it not?

CHECKMATE…….WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
You're such a genius!

Thank you explaining that to us, and a few thousand economic experts that make billions on the world markets.

I bet you get a job offer before the day is out!

Your worries are over!

Weeeeee!
You're such a genius!

Thank you explaining that to us, and a few thousand economic experts that make billions on the world markets.

I bet you get a job offer before the day is out!

Your worries are over!

Weeeeee!

Maybe one day you'll learn those economic experts are lying playing along, so they can continue scamming the system they are helping to keep pumped up to make their fortunes before this house of cards crashes, just like the politicians.

And yeah, they're "experts"......at lying, just like the filthy commie politicians driving this ship onto the rocks.

I tried to help you, and you come back with kid games once again.

I should've known I was wasting my time.

Just remember Barry, I know the numbers, you don't, and any "real" economist would agree with what I stated 100%, if they were not an idiot, and knew how to conduct DD.
Didn't you tell us all here, about how animals couldn't get Corona virus...?

Pulling from your veterinary expertise?

You are multi faceted.
Posted By: blairvt Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Incoherent.

Typical liberal's response when they are clueless. They make an accusation, and fail to point out a specific item to discuss they believe to be wrong.

The reason they don't, is because it is them who are the "incoherent" one, and don't have the intellect to understand what was said, nor the ability to discuss the topic.

But....they're good at running their mouths, like all democrats who are clueless and can not debate the facts.

liberal? That shows how stupid you are. Along with saying things like "But we’re uh gunna have a recovereeeee…….weeeeeeee." Try using your big boy adult words and maybe someone would listen to you
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by ISRO

At least he's got some to move, you lazy ass.

You are multi faceted.

Once again, you prove how hard core of a closet democrat you are with your continual lies to attack me. I never said animals could not get Corona you mentally sick cyber stalker.

GO find the link where I "specifically" stated such, you lying scum commie.

You're dumb, just like you believing these GDP numbers are real.

12 MIL unemployed, businesses closing and BK papers being filed 24/7, and your dumbazz uneducated mind believes you can have straight line up GDP growth in that business environment. Typical democrat. Complete stupidity without a clue. Unbelievable STUPIDITY.

I'll wait for the link to support your lying.
Google's up 8% after hours. Everything else is selling off.
Posted By: JCMCUBIC Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/29/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Good point, especially as it relates to the elections.

I hope whitey is fully awake and cognizant on what’s at stake on this election season.

True on Venezuela and Cuba.....and the same premise is true of any other $ making opportunity that has ever existed.
Posted By: ElkSlayer91 Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20

You are multi faceted.

Once again, you prove how hard core of a closet democrat you are with your continual lies to attack me. I never said animals could not get Corona you mentally sick cyber stalker.

GO find the link where I "specifically" stated such, you lying scum commie.

You're dumb, just like you believing these GDP numbers are real.

12 MIL unemployed, businesses closing and BK papers being filed 24/7, and your dumbazz uneducated mind believes you can have straight line up GDP growth in that business environment. Typical democrat. Complete stupidity without a clue. Unbelievable STUPIDITY.

I'll wait for the link to support your lying.

And 3 hours later, no link to back your yapping lying...
Posted By: SPQR70AD Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
the NYSE should be burned to the ground and the major players chained together on an glacier
Posted By: deflave Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
Originally Posted by SPQR70AD
the NYSE should be burned to the ground and the major players chained together on an glacier

QUEEF70,

You wouldn't know an investment from a bowl of soup.

LOL
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20

So tell me how much money do you have in the stock markets? Probably more than you know.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
I'm holding some option straddles right now because I have no idea what's gonna happen after this election. I probably should have just stayed in cash, but maybe whichever way things swing, I'll make some money on the volatility.
Posted By: Hastings Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
What's the deal? Precious metals are down the last two days. Aren't metals supposed to go up during uncertainty?
Posted By: smokepole Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
Originally Posted by deflave

QUEEF70,

I think you're wrong about that. I hear he cornered the market on chicken noodles.
Posted By: antlers Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
They took a dump back in March; 18 and some change. Good opportunity for lotsa folks to jump in and make some dough. If stocks schit the bed again like that, or worse, it’ll be another good opportunity for lotsa folks to jump in and make some dough.
Posted By: KU_Geo Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
I honestly hope the market does tank. When it does, I’ll continue to pour money into it. Valuations are obscenly high right now and all things go up and down. If you view a drop as a bad thing, then you obviously are not looking to build wealth. When the market tanked in 2009, everyone was running for the hills but the should have been dropping every penny they had in the market. I lived like a pauper during that time and invested damn near every dollar I earned, and still do the same now. For those worried about their portfolio losing value, you really need to reconsider your risk tolerance and what you expect from your investments. Make a plan thats right for you, and stick to it. Presidents will come and go, Markets will go up and down, Life will go on....
Posted By: AKduck Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
Originally Posted by KU_Geo
I honestly hope the market does tank. When it does, I’ll continue to pour money into it. Valuations are obscenly high right now and all things go up and down. If you view a drop as a bad thing, then you obviously are not looking to build wealth. When the market tanked in 2009, everyone was running for the hills but the should have been dropping every penny they had in the market. I lived like a pauper during that time and invested damn near every dollar I earned, and still do the same now. For those worried about their portfolio losing value, you really need to reconsider your risk tolerance and what you expect from your investments. Make a plan thats right for you, and stick to it. Presidents will come and go, Markets will go up and down, Life will go on....

Same here. Been a tight few months but managed to add nicely with dry powder sitting for a a fire sale if it comes to that.
Posted By: ISRO Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by ISRO

At least he's got some to move, you lazy ass.

Section 8, is that you?
Posted By: Hastings Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
Today has started off ugly NASDAQ is down 2.5%, oil almost 2% down, gold and silver barely up with platinum down. Looks like gold would go up?
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
The stock market always gets shaky at election time.

Consider it a sale.
Last day of the month too.
Remember the Presidents Tax bill made carry forward loss tax credits longer lasting.

Lotta fund trades setting up for another big up in November like 2016
If you don't position to catch a possible upswing you will miss it 100% of the time...

Look for strategic buying this afternoon and Monday.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
My savings account for the kids hits a few bumps once in a while.

That's the extent of my interest in the stock market.

Much rather work in mediums I can control.
Originally Posted by smokepole

QUEEF70,

I think you're wrong about that. I hear he cornered the market on chicken noodles.

smoke my pole

QUEEF70,

LOL

I shoulda invested in oxycontin pills. you alone would drive the price up
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: Stocks Taking a Dump - 10/30/20
Be a ride up after the election for sure.

Lots of bargains to be had by folks that think long.
© 24hourcampfire