Home
clic pic for preview
[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]
Here's your number to watch on Saturday, folks - 35 or less passes from Texas' Sam Ehlinger and he is 18-0! Make him throw 36+ and he's 5-15.

If the Pokes can get a lead and make Ehlinger throw it, good times are coming.

Yep, youse guys got the best Texans money can buy. wink

Man, OSU is looking good to me. I figure they stop the run and win, unless Elinger can do some QB running.
Be nice to see them win it all this year.
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yep, youse guys got the best Texans money can buy. wink

Man, OSU is looking good to me. I figure they stop the run and win, unless Elinger can do some QB running.

Jag you know as well as me that Texas gets any recruit in Texas they want. Oklahoma State gets the left overs, with a chip on their shoulder, and a strong desire to prove to Texas they made a recruiting mistake. Texas is full of Prima Donna kids who stand around preening for the cheer leaders and waiting for someone else to make the big play.
Well, actually, iirc, the best Texas recruits in the past have gone for OU, N Dame, Nebraska, Alabama if they get the chance.
I was hoping the present coach from U of H with a great record there would keep more in Texas but im beginning to wonder. The best high school players opt for schools with the best chance of getting in top bowl games to increase exposure to pro recruiters.
Poor coaches at UT for years has sent Texas recruits elsewhere. Presently OSU has 44 Ok players vs 39 Texas high school greats. Many of those could have gone to UT.

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Texas is full of Prima Donna kids who stand around preening for the cheer leaders and waiting for someone else to make the big play.

Now that right there is a pretty good dig . . . Never had any love for the 'Horns. But you seem to imply they actually had good lookin' chearleaders. Usually that's used an another insult on a rival team.

Don’t watch college anymore
Poor coaches at UT for years has sent Texas recruits elsewhere. Presently OSU has 44 Ok players vs 39 Texas high school greats. Many of those could have gone to UT.

Jag,

Barry Switzer at OU used to build entire teams off of Texas High School grads..

Nothing has changed.

And the Texas Wronghorns still suck.
Well, actually, iirc, the best Texas recruits in the past have gone for OU, N Dame, Nebraska, Alabama if they get the chance.
I was hoping the present coach from U of H with a great record there would keep more in Texas but im beginning to wonder. The best high school players opt for schools with the best chance of getting in top bowl games to increase exposure to pro recruiters.

Holgerson won't do shift at Houston! I'm rooting for Okie Light, but think that the short horns will win.
Originally Posted by jk16

Jag,

Nothing has changed.

"Grads"?
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Holgerson won't do shift at Houston! I'm rooting for Okie Light, but think that the short horns will win.

Holgerson will fear for his players' safety and well-being when opposing fans come on the field after games.

But, those Texas players at oSu were not offered by Texas. Therein is the rub. Gundy brings in the 3-Stars, sprinkled with a few 4-stars and coaches them up. Athletically Texas is always at the top of the recruiting lists. Like you say, it is coaching. But even Mac fell off the cliff with coaching, but is once again excelling at NC.
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
. . . But you seem to imply they actually had good lookin' chearleaders.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Jag,

Nothing has changed.

"Grads"?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not a neegrow one, how can that be?
Originally Posted by hanco

[Linked Image]

Not a neegrow one, how can that be?

Yep. Bet the team doesn’t have any white players though. 😜
All future mudsharks.
Since this is a barn burner at the half, due to three oSu turnovers, I decided to calm the nerves a bit with a 2015 Argentina Malbec grin

[Linked Image]
I’m not watching football this year, but I’ve always loved to see the T-sips get beat. Hope your Cowboys Win Orange Okie ! 🤠
They’re likely the best team in the Big 12 this year. Those 3 turnovers in the first half were costly though. Texas has scored 13 points offa those turnovers. Coulda been more turnovers with somma those passes thrown into double coverage. Anyway, hope they tighten up in the second. C’mon Pokes.
Okie those 4 turnovers killed em’; so did that roughing the punter penalty. 21 Texas points off of forced turnovers. Longhorn’s got it done. What a game...!
We could have overcome the four turnovers, be we couldn't over come the Stripes. But we are used to big oil money from Texas buying refs.
There is NOTHING in football stupider than sending people to try and block a punt except in a very few special instances (end of half, when you are so far ahead that it doesn't matter one way or the other, or when you are in such a desperate situation that you absolutely must have the block). Your defense stopped the other team; have a couple of spies watching for the fake, take the damned ball and be happy. (Most of the time attempting a return is only going to wind up moving you back from where the ball was caught as well, since the blockers on the return are generally no smarter than the rushers at the other end.)
5sdad . . . I give you that, and all the other ref screwups in regulation, but then they called pass interference (minor tangle of feet) in the first Texas OT possession and the pass was uncatchable, to keep the texas drive alive? The refs decided that game in the end. Texas would have to kick a field goal.
The announcers agreed with you on that interference call.
Originally Posted by antlers

Always sucks when the Refs give a team the win.
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
lol

They didn’t give em’ those 4 forced turnovers, or the 21 Texas points that resulted from em’. Or that roughing the punter penalty.
lol

They didn’t give em’ those 4 forced turnovers, or the 21 Texas points that resulted from em’. Or that roughing the punter penalty.

I hear ya. But it sure sounds like they helped decide the game in OT.

Like I said, I didn’t watch it. Quit all Football this year after all the BLM Bullschitt.
But I like to see any team beat the Horns.

Except for ND or the Suckeyes. 🤠
...I like to see any team beat the Horns.
lol

I do too...!
lol

That punter was not ruffed. At worst it should have been a 5-yard penalty. He was not hit. He tripped over the oSu player. C'mon man! grin
lol

That punter was not ruffed. At worst it should have been a 5-yard penalty. He was not hit. He tripped over the oSu player. C'mon man! grin

Sounds like the punter was a good actor. With help from the Refs.

What stadium was it played in OO ???

Th cheated the Aggies many a time in downtown Austin back when I was attending games.
Played in the Boone!
Okie, I’m sure you’re a fan of Eskimo Joe’s; but what about Mexico Joe’s; have you been there...?
Like I said I am used to Texas refs cheating. Here is an example, from several years ago, where the Cowboys stopped the Horns on the goal line and recovered a fumble, but the Texas ref ran all the way from the sideline and signaled a TD. They didn't even review it.

[Linked Image]
I had hoped that things would become fairer throughout the conference when The Lost Dodds stepped down.
OK, I’ll bite. lost dodds?
Well K State was in 1st place in the Big 12 today, OSU's greater place in the rankings notwithstanding. Was, until they lost to West Virginia. With OSU's loss, I don't know how that puts things.

Jag,

Nothing has changed.

Truth about Barry, but I think things are a changing. Texas came within a hair of beating OU, again pulling defeat from the jaws of victory allowing a rare blocked 3 point attempt.
They tried to give it to OSU this evening but failed to screw it up and beat a great 4-0 team i had hoped to see go all the way.
I think these two games will see Tom getting some better Texas recruits. They have had a long dry spell with sub par coaches resulting in sub par recruiting.
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

I was referring to the Texas coach they got from Houston, Tom Herman.
See what I mean. Nations top ranked high school QB is from Carrolton Texas and decommitted 2 days ago.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...cruiting-class-decommits-texas-longhorns
Great prognostication Butch. What stocks are you buying.

But, those Texas players at oSu were not offered by Texas. Therein is the rub. Gundy brings in the 3-Stars, sprinkled with a few 4-stars and coaches them up. Athletically Texas is always at the top of the recruiting lists. Like you say, it is coaching. But even Mac fell off the cliff with coaching, but is once again excelling at NC.

I thought everyone knew Mac failed at recruiting. Thats what id always heard. He was a good but not great coach who called too many stupid plays.

It seems OU always gets the best coaches. I dont know if its true, but have been told they wont match OUs pay. Anyone know if thats true? I like watching Texas Tech, TCU and UT but im not a big football aficionado.
I did think it was pretty chickenschiett of refs not calling the holding takedown of the Texas offensive lineman when the O QB fumbled the ball in the back field, picked it up behind his blocking offensive lineman or center and when the Qb moved toward the right and the Texas defender moved the same direction the O lineman held his arm and pulled him down. O made a big first down gain on that obvious on tv foul.

Sheesh, if i can see that even with cataracts......
Originally Posted by mlschnei

DeLoss Dodds - former AD at Texas - had way too much power within the conference.
Originally Posted by mlschnei

DeLoss Dodds - former AD at Texas - had way too much power within the conference.

[quote=mlschnei]OK, I’ll bite. lost dodds?

Thanks.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
Well K State was in 1st place in the Big 12 today, OSU's greater place in the rankings notwithstanding. Was, until they lost to West Virginia. With OSU's loss, I don't know how that puts things.
As of right now, it looks like Iowa State and Kansas State are both tied for 1st place in the Big 12.
I’m not watching football this year, but I’ve always loved to see the T-sips get beat. Hope your Cowboys Win Orange Okie ! 🤠

You shoulda prayed, Asswhole. wink

Jag,

Nothing has changed.

Amen, brother
We could have overcome the four turnovers, be we couldn't over come the Stripes. But we are used to big oil money from Texas buying refs.

Oh,come on OO, do you think us poor dumb Texans have forgotten T. Boone and all his oil bazzillions? Seems like I've heard of a stadium named after that guy, can't imagine where..............
© 24hourcampfire