-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They’re likely the best team in the Big 12 this year. Those 3 turnovers in the first half were costly though. Texas has scored 13 points offa those turnovers. Coulda been more turnovers with somma those passes thrown into double coverage. Anyway, hope they tighten up in the second. C’mon Pokes.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okie those 4 turnovers killed em’; so did that roughing the punter penalty. 21 Texas points off of forced turnovers. Longhorn’s got it done. What a game...!

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
We could have overcome the four turnovers, be we couldn't over come the Stripes. But we are used to big oil money from Texas buying refs.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
There is NOTHING in football stupider than sending people to try and block a punt except in a very few special instances (end of half, when you are so far ahead that it doesn't matter one way or the other, or when you are in such a desperate situation that you absolutely must have the block). Your defense stopped the other team; have a couple of spies watching for the fake, take the damned ball and be happy. (Most of the time attempting a return is only going to wind up moving you back from where the ball was caught as well, since the blockers on the return are generally no smarter than the rushers at the other end.)

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
5sdad . . . I give you that, and all the other ref screwups in regulation, but then they called pass interference (minor tangle of feet) in the first Texas OT possession and the pass was uncatchable, to keep the texas drive alive? The refs decided that game in the end. Texas would have to kick a field goal.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The announcers agreed with you on that interference call.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by antlers

Always sucks when the Refs give a team the win.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
lol

They didn’t give em’ those 4 forced turnovers, or the 21 Texas points that resulted from em’. Or that roughing the punter penalty.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
lol

They didn’t give em’ those 4 forced turnovers, or the 21 Texas points that resulted from em’. Or that roughing the punter penalty.

I hear ya. But it sure sounds like they helped decide the game in OT.

Like I said, I didn’t watch it. Quit all Football this year after all the BLM Bullschitt.
But I like to see any team beat the Horns.

Except for ND or the Suckeyes. 🤠

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...I like to see any team beat the Horns.
lol

I do too...!

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
lol

That punter was not ruffed. At worst it should have been a 5-yard penalty. He was not hit. He tripped over the oSu player. C'mon man! grin

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
lol

That punter was not ruffed. At worst it should have been a 5-yard penalty. He was not hit. He tripped over the oSu player. C'mon man! grin

Sounds like the punter was a good actor. With help from the Refs.

What stadium was it played in OO ???

Th cheated the Aggies many a time in downtown Austin back when I was attending games.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Played in the Boone!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Okie, I’m sure you’re a fan of Eskimo Joe’s; but what about Mexico Joe’s; have you been there...?

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Like I said I am used to Texas refs cheating. Here is an example, from several years ago, where the Cowboys stopped the Horns on the goal line and recovered a fumble, but the Texas ref ran all the way from the sideline and signaled a TD. They didn't even review it.

[Linked Image]

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I had hoped that things would become fairer throughout the conference when The Lost Dodds stepped down.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
OK, I’ll bite. lost dodds?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Well K State was in 1st place in the Big 12 today, OSU's greater place in the rankings notwithstanding. Was, until they lost to West Virginia. With OSU's loss, I don't know how that puts things.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by jk16
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Poor coaches at UT for years has sent Texas recruits elsewhere. Presently OSU has 44 Ok players vs 39 Texas high school greats. Many of those could have gone to UT.

Jag,

Barry Switzer at OU used to build entire teams off of Texas High School grads..

Nothing has changed.

And the Texas Wronghorns still suck.

Truth about Barry, but I think things are a changing. Texas came within a hair of beating OU, again pulling defeat from the jaws of victory allowing a rare blocked 3 point attempt.
They tried to give it to OSU this evening but failed to screw it up and beat a great 4-0 team i had hoped to see go all the way.
I think these two games will see Tom getting some better Texas recruits. They have had a long dry spell with sub par coaches resulting in sub par recruiting.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/31/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Well, actually, iirc, the best Texas recruits in the past have gone for OU, N Dame, Nebraska, Alabama if they get the chance.
I was hoping the present coach from U of H with a great record there would keep more in Texas but im beginning to wonder. The best high school players opt for schools with the best chance of getting in top bowl games to increase exposure to pro recruiters.

Holgerson won't do shift at Houston! I'm rooting for Okie Light, but think that the short horns will win.

I was referring to the Texas coach they got from Houston, Tom Herman.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/31/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

517 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 11point, 16penny, 10gaugeman, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,789 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,385
Posts18,469,625
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.