Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
clic pic for preview
[Linked Image from bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnews.com]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Here's your number to watch on Saturday, folks - 35 or less passes from Texas' Sam Ehlinger and he is 18-0! Make him throw 36+ and he's 5-15.

If the Pokes can get a lead and make Ehlinger throw it, good times are coming.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Yep, youse guys got the best Texans money can buy. wink

Man, OSU is looking good to me. I figure they stop the run and win, unless Elinger can do some QB running.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Be nice to see them win it all this year.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Yep, youse guys got the best Texans money can buy. wink

Man, OSU is looking good to me. I figure they stop the run and win, unless Elinger can do some QB running.

Jag you know as well as me that Texas gets any recruit in Texas they want. Oklahoma State gets the left overs, with a chip on their shoulder, and a strong desire to prove to Texas they made a recruiting mistake. Texas is full of Prima Donna kids who stand around preening for the cheer leaders and waiting for someone else to make the big play.

IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Well, actually, iirc, the best Texas recruits in the past have gone for OU, N Dame, Nebraska, Alabama if they get the chance.
I was hoping the present coach from U of H with a great record there would keep more in Texas but im beginning to wonder. The best high school players opt for schools with the best chance of getting in top bowl games to increase exposure to pro recruiters.

Last edited by jaguartx; 10/29/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Poor coaches at UT for years has sent Texas recruits elsewhere. Presently OSU has 44 Ok players vs 39 Texas high school greats. Many of those could have gone to UT.

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Texas is full of Prima Donna kids who stand around preening for the cheer leaders and waiting for someone else to make the big play.

Now that right there is a pretty good dig . . . Never had any love for the 'Horns. But you seem to imply they actually had good lookin' chearleaders. Usually that's used an another insult on a rival team.

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
Don’t watch college anymore

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Poor coaches at UT for years has sent Texas recruits elsewhere. Presently OSU has 44 Ok players vs 39 Texas high school greats. Many of those could have gone to UT.

Jag,

Barry Switzer at OU used to build entire teams off of Texas High School grads..

Nothing has changed.

And the Texas Wronghorns still suck.

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Well, actually, iirc, the best Texas recruits in the past have gone for OU, N Dame, Nebraska, Alabama if they get the chance.
I was hoping the present coach from U of H with a great record there would keep more in Texas but im beginning to wonder. The best high school players opt for schools with the best chance of getting in top bowl games to increase exposure to pro recruiters.

Holgerson won't do shift at Houston! I'm rooting for Okie Light, but think that the short horns will win.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jk16

Jag,

Nothing has changed.

"Grads"?

Last edited by 5sdad; 10/30/20.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by butchlambert1

Holgerson won't do shift at Houston! I'm rooting for Okie Light, but think that the short horns will win.

Holgerson will fear for his players' safety and well-being when opposing fans come on the field after games.

Last edited by 5sdad; 10/30/20.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

But, those Texas players at oSu were not offered by Texas. Therein is the rub. Gundy brings in the 3-Stars, sprinkled with a few 4-stars and coaches them up. Athletically Texas is always at the top of the recruiting lists. Like you say, it is coaching. But even Mac fell off the cliff with coaching, but is once again excelling at NC.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
. . . But you seem to imply they actually had good lookin' chearleaders.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by jk16
Jag,

Nothing has changed.

"Grads"?

[Linked Image]

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant

[Linked Image]

Not a neegrow one, how can that be?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hanco

[Linked Image]

Not a neegrow one, how can that be?

Yep. Bet the team doesn’t have any white players though. 😜
All future mudsharks.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Since this is a barn burner at the half, due to three oSu turnovers, I decided to calm the nerves a bit with a 2015 Argentina Malbec grin

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I’m not watching football this year, but I’ve always loved to see the T-sips get beat. Hope your Cowboys Win Orange Okie ! 🤠

Last edited by chlinstructor; 10/31/20.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (219 Wasp, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 219DW, 007FJ, 12344mag, 60 invisible), 2,258 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,276
Posts18,486,709
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.