Home
We have a couple of different 401ks and IRA's. Two are already in money market accounts. One i just have about $70k in that I was day trading a bit with earlier this year. The largest one is in mutual funds and bond funds. Its spread across about 10 funds and we pretty much just leave it alone and ride the ups and downs.

However, I told the financial advisor a few weeks ago to find a money market or some fund that's extremely low risk because I want to park it around the election. He gave me tge old don't time the market speech and reassured me Trump was going to win. I told him I worried the left was pushing mail ins because they have a plan to steal the election. So here we are. I'm going to park another 150k or so Monday.

Are you guys just planning to let it ride or have you moved into low risk stuff for now? I think I can still take 100k out this year with no penalty. I don't want to pay the tax but it may get taxed lower this year than it will in future years if the theft sticks.

I've also considered moving some to a precious metals IRA.ļ

Bb
I moved all mine out for a while...I generally ride the ups and downs, but not now.
Market with a PE of 22, a Rona spike hitting Europe, Asia, and the US, a retarded communist taking office, what could go wrong.

I expect an epic a$$ kicking in the next year.
I may trade option straddles exclusively for a while. We could be in for some wild market action for a while.
Not to mention the raiding the schitbird commies and RINOs have planned for everyone's resources. People who have them....
I managed my funds via a corporate account starting when I was 23. Now 58 and 5 years retired I have moved the management (rebalancing) to Fidelity with quarterly meetings. When I retired, well, I retired.
Cash & gold.

When the market falls, as it will soon enough, if Biden really does get seated, then buy back in; it unjustifiably high right now anyway & pretty topped out. Take you gains while the taking is still possible.

MM
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Cash & gold.
When the market falls, as it will soon enough, if Biden really does get seated, then buy back in; it unjustifiably high right now anyway & pretty topped out. Take you gains while the taking is still possible.
MM
You may be right. I'm already over 30% in metals and 10% cash. Undecided on what to do. The market could absorb the coming Corona money injection and go higher still.
If you are a buy an hold investor, continue on. I would only get out if I had to use the money in the near future, like the next year. Otherwise, let it ride is my strategy.
What Oakster said. The market as a whole may not do well the next few years. But historically over time, it climbs. All our investments are professionally managed and he says maybe some minor tweaks, but stay with a balanced portfolio.
What EdM and Oakster said. In reality, politics doesn't have a lot to do with the market. Pols like to claim it does when it goes up under their watch, but are strangely silent when it goes down. I let Fidelity manage our accounts and it's about a 70/30 split, equities and bonds.
Sitting on cash. Big drop forthcoming, get in on the sale prices.
the dems will be taking away as much $ as possible
Originally Posted by Hastings
The market could absorb the coming Corona money injection and go higher still.

It's pretty topped out.........................

Maybe a very short term, small up, but going to start a downward slope after that false hope is gone.

Virtually every single policy as stated by the Demons will have a negative effect on businesses, hence stocks.

To likely be followed by rising interest rates.

MM
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
Market with a PE of 22, a Rona spike hitting Europe, Asia, and the US, a retarded communist taking office, what could go wrong.

I expect an epic a$$ kicking in the next year.

There's nothing in that list that hasn't heen priced into the market for weeks.

There is no other place to put your money and receive any kind of yield. Real estate, particularly urban real estate, is getting iffy, bonds are crap, and if we get more stimulus, there's even more money sloshing around looking for a home.

If there's bets to be made, they should be made on upcoming macro movements, such as the exchange rate of the greenback. It's been awfully high for a long time.
Those that stay invested at an asset allocation they are comfortable with while ignoring the outside noise nearly always do better than those that try to time the market. You’re welcome.
The dems have done such a good job of marketing, even patriots don't understand what affects the markets. Dems squawk about the " little guy" while allowing corporations to get favorably treatment and develop a clear monopoly. Some of these stocks will be going much higher and it's BECAUSE of the policies of the dems, not in spite of it.

Do not confuse the aspects of gov't which provide fertile ground for freedom, with the stock market...this will be a stock pickers time, IMO...and inflation will be rampant, the dollar is done now, it's just a matter of time, but it may take 10-30 years before it implodes, the best run-ups are always at the end...make a metric crapton, then buy land and isolation for security and try to ride it out.
Trump just printed 6 trillion. The market is going to ride high at least through the end of the year.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
What EdM and Oakster said. In reality, politics doesn't have a lot to do with the market. Pols like to claim it does when it goes up under their watch, but are strangely silent when it goes down. I let Fidelity manage our accounts and it's about a 70/30 split, equities and bonds.

I am still 70/30 stocks/bonds. I manage my own through vanguard. It’s a good path for long term retirement investing.
Before I retired in 2015 I managed my 401K myself, with a trusted friends advice thats in the business. After retirement I watched the market and sold out at a high (I had to wait nearly a year. Anyone remember the sell-off during the Summer of 2015?) Now my trusted friend at Wells Fargo Advisors has my money. I'm 70+ percent in stock, some in bonds and some in cash. I'll ride it out, like I've done since I got into the market in 1981.

It may be easier for me to stay invested because I have a pension and draw SS. I still don't like to see those big dips but............. I agree, times are scary right now.

Every time I’ve ‘parked’ money, I’ve wound up wishing I hadn’t.
I have been parked since June when I was able to recoup the COVID drop. Just starting to dip my toe back in on ultra-cheap oil stocks. I am expecting a large correction if not a full on crash in the next few months as all the QE movement comes to bear on the currency and the full impact of possible additional shutdowns come to fruition with Biden possibly being confirmed.
Originally Posted by Oakster
If you are a buy an hold investor, continue on. I would only get out if I had to use the money in the near future, like the next year. Otherwise, let it ride is my strategy.
I agree. And when it goes down again...to the degree that it did last March...jump in it some more with everything you can.
The market has priced in a perfect v shaped recovery which I think is unlikely. I think the market is close to a top, with out a bunch of new money injected from the fed I don’t think we move much higher. The Republican held senate will keep spending down more under Biden than Trump.

7-10 years from now we might move higher. But I’m betting the next 12 months are going to get brutal.
...I’m betting the next 12 months are going to get brutal.
They might very well do just that. If so, for buy and hold investors, it’ll be some good opportunities to jump in and buy as much as one can.
JP Morgan Chase predicts the S&P going to 3700 by the end of 2021. Once Covid-19 is under control, I expect massive amount of people to go back to work and start spending more. I just went 50/50 stocks/bonds as I'm getting ready to retire (was 100% S&P). Buy and hold has been good to me for the last 36 years. Every time I thought I could beat the system, I got beat! Good luck all.
Originally Posted by antlers
They might very well do just that. If so, for buy and hold investors, it’ll be some good opportunities to jump in and buy as much as one can.

I watched otherwise intelligent people, sell in ‘09 at near bottom. Had other income to cover expenses but just panicked. One bought gold at a then, high. Same guy is 60+ and running debt to the point his retire plans are delayed.
I didn’t change anything under Trump, not gonna change anything under Biden, nor will I change anything in 2024. All growth mutual funds all the time. Always buying, but my timeline is different than others.
jackmountain--I saw guys with Masters Degrees in Engineering sell at the bottom of 2008 "to stop the bleeding"!
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I watched otherwise intelligent people, sell in ‘09 at near bottom. Had other income to cover expenses but just panicked. One bought gold at a then, high. Same guy is 60+ and running debt to the point his retire plans are delayed.
Yep. I watched people panic last March too; they watched as their portfolio value continued to decrease and it scared em’ (even though the number of shares they owned didn’t decrease at all) so they sold and cashed in...and got their asses handed to em’ in the process. If they’d just hung in there, when it came back (like it did) they wouldn’t have lost a dime.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Trump just printed 6 trillion. The market is going to ride high at least through the end of the year.

Yep, not selling or shelving anything. Biden will likely add a few trillion in stimulus. Things *should* be good.

Originally Posted by Sako76
JP Morgan Chase predicts the S&P going to 3700 by the end of 2021. Once Covid-19 is under control, I expect massive amount of people to go back to work and start spending more. I just went 50/50 stocks/bonds as I'm getting ready to retire (was 100% S&P). Buy and hold has been good to me for the last 36 years. Every time I thought I could beat the system, I got beat! Good luck all.

Link that? I read a week ago JP Morgan predicted S&P $3,700 by end of 2021 if Trump was reelected and $2,500 if Biden won. Once the stupid climate based regulations come in play, Trade war with China over and concessions and apologies made to them, border opened etc.... the good jobs ain’t coming back. Add on $4/gasoline, higher corporate taxes, tax deductions that incentivize investment ended and well be lucky if we’re not in recession by 2nd quarter 2022 and then have 2 1/2 years of blaming Trump for what they “inherited”. The party’s over if Biden is seated and we lose the senate.

I’ll allocate the minimum to my 401k and put more in under valued rental property.
Yep. I watched people panic last March too; they watched as their portfolio value continued to decrease and it scared em’ (even though the number of shares they owned didn’t decrease at all) so they sold and cashed in...and got their asses handed to em’ in the process. If they’d just hung in there, when it came back (like it did) they wouldn’t have lost a dime.

Between March 26th and April 3rd I bought CDAY DNKN MGM RWT APHA NCLH DIS SEAS ALK F And some oil stocks XOM ET that are obviously down right now, put in $20,000ish. Wish I’d put $100k in now.

Originally Posted by Sako76

Link that? I read a week ago JP Morgan predicted S&P $3,700 by end of 2021 if Trump was reelected and $2,500 if Biden won. Once the stupid climate based regulations come in play, Trade war with China over and concessions and apologies made to them, border opened etc.... the good jobs ain’t coming back. Add on $4/gasoline, higher corporate taxes, tax deductions that incentivize investment ended and well be lucky if we’re not in recession by 2nd quarter 2022 and then have 2 1/2 years of blaming Trump for what they “inherited”. The party’s over if Biden is seated and we lose the senate.

I’ll allocate the minimum to my 401k and put more in under valued rental property.

You think it’s going to take that long. I posted this on another thread and got panned. Here what I see in the first 6 mos of demon control.

Pass 3.2 Trillion cares act.
Forgive 1.6 Trillion in student loans.
H1B visas go to historic levels.
Free health care for all.
Amnesty for 11 million illegals so they can go on welfare permanently.
Record high immigration of ragheads, Latin caravans and Somalis for cheap labor.
Outsourcing jobs to China at record levels.
Oil, gas and electric take a 100% tax hike to pay for green energy.

Basically they are going to add 7-10 Trillion in debt the first 6 mos. Taxes will have to go up at least 50% to pay for it. And all the lefties in mama’s basement + college grads that wanted this sh*t won’t be able to even find a job at Mickey D’s.
Between March 26th and April 3rd I bought CDAY DNKN MGM RWT APHA NCLH DIS SEAS ALK F And some oil stocks XOM ET that are obviously down right now, put in $20,000ish. Wish I’d put $100k in now.
I hear ya’ man. There were four days in particular when I jumped in some more: March 16th (closed at 20,188); March 18th (closed at 19,898); March 20th (closed at 19,173); and March 23rd (closed at 18,591). I was very happy at the time that I was able to do what I did, and with when I did it. And I’ve been even happier about it all since then.
The S&P PE ratio is 35, how many times in history have you made money the following year buying in at that high of PE?

It’s higher than 2002, and 2008.
The S&P PE ratio is 35, how many times in history have you made money the following year buying in at that high of PE?

It’s higher than 2002, and 2008.

My point, exactly.............better wording than me.

MM
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/29/jpmorgan-predicts-a-10percent-rally-for-the-sp-500.html

Thanks 76
jm--you're welcome!
The PE ration is not only a reflection of value, but also of the temporarily depressed profits of a large part of the economy.

If profits doubled, by a miraculously effective vaccine, for example, the PE instantly drops in half. Add the rediculously low interest rates, and it would be historically low.

And, looky here, the market futures jumped almost 5% on Pfizer’s announcement of a successful vaccine trial this morning...

Glad I didn’t selll quite yet.
Been picking up ultra cheap energy stocks and some airlines the past month.

Hopefully get a decent bump this week.
Just saw the headline on Yahoo finance......"Markets soar on upbeat vaccine news, Biden victory". No bias there whatsoever.
Germany up 5%, Japan up 6%. Might just be a fine day for the IRA......
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
We have a couple of different 401ks and IRA's. Two are already in money market accounts. One i just have about $70k in that I was day trading a bit with earlier this year. The largest one is in mutual funds and bond funds. Its spread across about 10 funds and we pretty much just leave it alone and ride the ups and downs.

However, I told the financial advisor a few weeks ago to find a money market or some fund that's extremely low risk because I want to park it around the election. He gave me tge old don't time the market speech and reassured me Trump was going to win. I told him I worried the left was pushing mail ins because they have a plan to steal the election. So here we are. I'm going to park another 150k or so Monday.

Are you guys just planning to let it ride or have you moved into low risk stuff for now? I think I can still take 100k out this year with no penalty. I don't want to pay the tax but it may get taxed lower this year than it will in future years if the theft sticks.

I've also considered moving some to a precious metals IRA.ļ

Bb

The market is up 6% today. insert foot.
Sure glad I didn't park mine. I still have 10 years before I can do much with my 401(k) so I'm going to let it ride. Was nice to make 20K this morning. Hopefully it will not disappear tomorrow.
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

Yep, not selling or shelving anything. Biden will likely add a few trillion in stimulus. Things *should* be good.

My TD Ameritrade account is up $17,500 today, and that's a $100K acct that is mostly energy and REITS....
I bought gold(barrick) today down 10%, EPD is looking good today. Looking at banks on any dip.
Like I told all you Commie Trumpster FOOLS, Stock Market would respond to GI Joe Biden election Win with a huge uptick. All you brothers who parked on the sidelines I'm gigling right now

BOOM Ginther keeps on predicting things playing 5D Chess like a mutha [bleep]

Another thread where I made a Prediction back in October prior to the Election, FUQ Q the real deal is the G LMFAO

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...cs/15350437/georgia-jan-5th#Post15350437
The markets responded to a divided congress, and a possible end to the Rona by the end of next year.

A blue wave we would all be buying gold and guns. Democrats are chit on free markets.
The markets responded to a divided congress, and a possible end to the Rona by the end of next year.

A blue wave we would all be buying gold and guns. Democrats are chit on free markets.

This ^^^^^^^^^^

And today, ain't 6 months from now either.

Wait until Nasty Nancy & Chunky Smucky get their act going with new taxes & an uncontrollable deficit spending spree on top of what's already in place. Did I mention inflation? Rising interest rate?

MM
© 24hourcampfire