Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Every time I’ve ‘parked’ money, I’ve wound up wishing I hadn’t.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have been parked since June when I was able to recoup the COVID drop. Just starting to dip my toe back in on ultra-cheap oil stocks. I am expecting a large correction if not a full on crash in the next few months as all the QE movement comes to bear on the currency and the full impact of possible additional shutdowns come to fruition with Biden possibly being confirmed.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Oakster
If you are a buy an hold investor, continue on. I would only get out if I had to use the money in the near future, like the next year. Otherwise, let it ride is my strategy.
I agree. And when it goes down again...to the degree that it did last March...jump in it some more with everything you can.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The market has priced in a perfect v shaped recovery which I think is unlikely. I think the market is close to a top, with out a bunch of new money injected from the fed I don’t think we move much higher. The Republican held senate will keep spending down more under Biden than Trump.

7-10 years from now we might move higher. But I’m betting the next 12 months are going to get brutal.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
...I’m betting the next 12 months are going to get brutal.
They might very well do just that. If so, for buy and hold investors, it’ll be some good opportunities to jump in and buy as much as one can.

IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
JP Morgan Chase predicts the S&P going to 3700 by the end of 2021. Once Covid-19 is under control, I expect massive amount of people to go back to work and start spending more. I just went 50/50 stocks/bonds as I'm getting ready to retire (was 100% S&P). Buy and hold has been good to me for the last 36 years. Every time I thought I could beat the system, I got beat! Good luck all.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by antlers
They might very well do just that. If so, for buy and hold investors, it’ll be some good opportunities to jump in and buy as much as one can.

I watched otherwise intelligent people, sell in ‘09 at near bottom. Had other income to cover expenses but just panicked. One bought gold at a then, high. Same guy is 60+ and running debt to the point his retire plans are delayed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn’t change anything under Trump, not gonna change anything under Biden, nor will I change anything in 2024. All growth mutual funds all the time. Always buying, but my timeline is different than others.

"For some unfortunates, poisoned by city sidewalks ... the horn of the hunter never winds at all" Robert Ruark, The Horn of the Hunter

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
jackmountain--I saw guys with Masters Degrees in Engineering sell at the bottom of 2008 "to stop the bleeding"!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I watched otherwise intelligent people, sell in ‘09 at near bottom. Had other income to cover expenses but just panicked. One bought gold at a then, high. Same guy is 60+ and running debt to the point his retire plans are delayed.
Yep. I watched people panic last March too; they watched as their portfolio value continued to decrease and it scared em’ (even though the number of shares they owned didn’t decrease at all) so they sold and cashed in...and got their asses handed to em’ in the process. If they’d just hung in there, when it came back (like it did) they wouldn’t have lost a dime.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Trump just printed 6 trillion. The market is going to ride high at least through the end of the year.

Yep, not selling or shelving anything. Biden will likely add a few trillion in stimulus. Things *should* be good.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Originally Posted by Sako76
JP Morgan Chase predicts the S&P going to 3700 by the end of 2021. Once Covid-19 is under control, I expect massive amount of people to go back to work and start spending more. I just went 50/50 stocks/bonds as I'm getting ready to retire (was 100% S&P). Buy and hold has been good to me for the last 36 years. Every time I thought I could beat the system, I got beat! Good luck all.

Link that? I read a week ago JP Morgan predicted S&P $3,700 by end of 2021 if Trump was reelected and $2,500 if Biden won. Once the stupid climate based regulations come in play, Trade war with China over and concessions and apologies made to them, border opened etc.... the good jobs ain’t coming back. Add on $4/gasoline, higher corporate taxes, tax deductions that incentivize investment ended and well be lucky if we’re not in recession by 2nd quarter 2022 and then have 2 1/2 years of blaming Trump for what they “inherited”. The party’s over if Biden is seated and we lose the senate.

I’ll allocate the minimum to my 401k and put more in under valued rental property.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Yep. I watched people panic last March too; they watched as their portfolio value continued to decrease and it scared em’ (even though the number of shares they owned didn’t decrease at all) so they sold and cashed in...and got their asses handed to em’ in the process. If they’d just hung in there, when it came back (like it did) they wouldn’t have lost a dime.

Between March 26th and April 3rd I bought CDAY DNKN MGM RWT APHA NCLH DIS SEAS ALK F And some oil stocks XOM ET that are obviously down right now, put in $20,000ish. Wish I’d put $100k in now.

Last edited by jackmountain; 11/08/20.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by Sako76

Link that? I read a week ago JP Morgan predicted S&P $3,700 by end of 2021 if Trump was reelected and $2,500 if Biden won. Once the stupid climate based regulations come in play, Trade war with China over and concessions and apologies made to them, border opened etc.... the good jobs ain’t coming back. Add on $4/gasoline, higher corporate taxes, tax deductions that incentivize investment ended and well be lucky if we’re not in recession by 2nd quarter 2022 and then have 2 1/2 years of blaming Trump for what they “inherited”. The party’s over if Biden is seated and we lose the senate.

I’ll allocate the minimum to my 401k and put more in under valued rental property.

You think it’s going to take that long. I posted this on another thread and got panned. Here what I see in the first 6 mos of demon control.

Pass 3.2 Trillion cares act.
Forgive 1.6 Trillion in student loans.
H1B visas go to historic levels.
Free health care for all.
Amnesty for 11 million illegals so they can go on welfare permanently.
Record high immigration of ragheads, Latin caravans and Somalis for cheap labor.
Outsourcing jobs to China at record levels.
Oil, gas and electric take a 100% tax hike to pay for green energy.

Basically they are going to add 7-10 Trillion in debt the first 6 mos. Taxes will have to go up at least 50% to pay for it. And all the lefties in mama’s basement + college grads that wanted this sh*t won’t be able to even find a job at Mickey D’s.

Swifty
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Between March 26th and April 3rd I bought CDAY DNKN MGM RWT APHA NCLH DIS SEAS ALK F And some oil stocks XOM ET that are obviously down right now, put in $20,000ish. Wish I’d put $100k in now.
I hear ya’ man. There were four days in particular when I jumped in some more: March 16th (closed at 20,188); March 18th (closed at 19,898); March 20th (closed at 19,173); and March 23rd (closed at 18,591). I was very happy at the time that I was able to do what I did, and with when I did it. And I’ve been even happier about it all since then.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The S&P PE ratio is 35, how many times in history have you made money the following year buying in at that high of PE?

It’s higher than 2002, and 2008.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The S&P PE ratio is 35, how many times in history have you made money the following year buying in at that high of PE?

It’s higher than 2002, and 2008.

My point, exactly.............better wording than me.

MM

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
jm--you're welcome!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (12344mag, 204guy, 257wthbylover, 260madman, 10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 59 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,505
Posts18,509,246
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.