Home
Posted By: DigitalDan Old movies - 11/15/20
Just watched Blazing Saddles.

Gene Wilder played the part of The Waco Kid. Fastest gun on earth. Said he had killed more men than Cecil B. Demille. LMAO!

It’s worth seeing twice.
Posted By: kaywoodie Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms on Svengoolie, shortly!!!!!

Them! And Deadly Mantis were two other favorites!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Gene Wilder played the part of The Waco Kid. Fastest gun on earth. Said he had killed more men than Cecil B. Demille. LMAO!

It’s worth seeing twice.

The kids and I watch it often.

They like Josey Wales too.
Posted By: Gus Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
the snows of kilimenjaro

casa blanca.

the journey to the center of the earth.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Blazing Saddles show us where the music came from!
Posted By: antlers Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
‘Track of the Cat’ with Robert Mitchum.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The Treasure of the Sierra Madre is very interesting to me, especially since I don't care much for Bogart. The short man syndrome from hell. But I still like the movie.
Posted By: 54Woody Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Here's one that doesn't make most lists, The Man Who Loved Cat Dancing, western with Burt Renolds
Posted By: deflave Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
There are two movies that I have seen firsthand that will capture the attention of 12 year olds - people in their 70's and 80's.

One of them, is The African Queen.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
I recorded "The Best Years of Our Lives" from TCM on Veteran's Day and watched it yesterday. It had been a while since I last watched it. What a great movie!!
Beau Geste!

All versions.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by deflave
There are two movies that I have seen firsthand that will capture the attention of 12 year olds - people in their 70's and 80's.

The Queen was on display a very short distance from my old home in Key Largo. Interesting old boat and a good movie.
Posted By: P_Weed Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The Third Man / Release Date: Sept. 1st, 1949 (UK) / Film Noir

<> https://wallpapercave.com/wp/U2lrxPk.jpg <>

Jesseph Cotton / Orson Wells

The Queen was on display a very short distance from my old home in Key Largo. Interesting old boat and a good movie.

Johnny Rocco got his just reward in Key Largo! 🤣
Originally Posted by P_Weed
The Third Man / Release Date: Sept. 1st, 1949 (UK) / Film Noir

<> https://wallpapercave.com/wp/U2lrxPk.jpg <>

Jesseph Cotton / Orson Wells

Loved the theme!

The Third Man - Official Trailer

<> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9yyDEDGlr0 <>

~ Music Theme
Posted By: watch4bear Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
King Solomons mines

Posted By: hanco Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Wifey records lots of old ones, thirties, forties.
Posted By: Jericho Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
"Hell Is For Heroes" with Steve McQueen
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
If Blazing Saddles, one of my all time faves, is considered an old movie, than I guess High Anxiety is too. It was on the other day and I caught some of it while the wife was watching it.

We like the Thin Man series too. Especially think one line is a classic. When the cops are going through the dresser and Myrna Loy says "what's that man doing in my drawers".
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The Last Picture Show is a great movie.
I didn't realize until lately that The Last Picture Show was based on the book by Larry McMurtry,....same guy that wrote Lonesome Dove

,...and Larry McMurtry is now married to the widow of Ken Kesey.
Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Just got done watching “Paint Your Wagon”. Before that was “Planet Of The Apes” with Chuck Heston.
I’m a sucker for Westerns and Classics.
7mm
Posted By: JSTUART Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Watched the old 1964 "Father Goose" last night...amusing show.
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Blazing Saddles is good, as is most of Mel Brooks' work as the parody is often on purpose.

I am generally not a fan of movies from the 60s, 70s and much of the 80s. Often the acting and most often the resolution, or at least small parts of the plot are terrible.
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
If some of these classify as old movies, "Debbie Does Dallas" is 42 years old as of last month. Debbie herself is even older...
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Old movies - 11/15/20

One time I watched "Blazing Saddles" in the company of my wife and a woman friend of ours. While I was rolling on the floor laughing, they kept asking "What's supposed to be funny about that?".
Originally Posted by 5sdad

One time I watched "Blazing Saddles" in the company of my wife and a woman friend of ours. While I was rolling on the floor laughing, they kept asking "What's supposed to be funny about that?".

Helluva wife...

PS- Blazing Saddles ain't old.
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Blazing Saddles is good, as is most of Mel Brooks' work as the parody is often on purpose.

I am generally not a fan of movies from the 60s, 70s and much of the 80s. Often the acting and most often the resolution, or at least small parts of the plot are terrible.

Tough to argue.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Made the twelve year old sit down with me and watch "Captains Courageous". She is a good sport about that.
Posted By: 79S Re: Old movies - 11/15/20

Tough to argue.

Some of the best movies made were in the 90’s
Showgirls
Striptease
Batman and Robin
The Island Of Dr Moreau
The Postman
Wild Wild West
Posted By: fester Re: Old movies - 11/15/20

It’s worth seeing twice.

It was on here 2 hours ago....... I’m tired.

Originally Posted by 79S

Tough to argue.

Showgirls
Striptease
Batman and Robin
The Island Of Dr Moreau
The Postman
Wild Wild West

Lol
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I didn't realize until lately that The Last Picture Show was based on the book by Larry McMurtry,....same guy that wrote Lonesome Dove

,...and Larry McMurtry is now married to the widow of Ken Kesey.
McMurtry wrote the Paul Newman movie, Hud also, as well as several others. It's based on his book, Horseman Pass By. Texasville is the sequel to The Last Picture Show. The same people are in it. The sequel to Lonesome Dove is Streets of Laredo with James Garner as Call and Sissy Spacek as Lorena. Ned Beatty plays Judge Roy Bean and it features Randy Quaid of Christmas Vacation as John Wesley Hardin. There is another sequel to Lonesome Dove called, Return to Lonesome Dove. It's different and stars John Voight as Call. McMurtry had nothing to do with it whereas he wrote Streets of Laredo. He also wrote prequels to Lonesome Dove, Dead man's Walk and Comanche Moon. Both were turned into mini-series like Lonesome Dove and Streets of Laredo.
One flew over the cuckoos nest

The champ

Meatballs
Posted By: Heym06 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Just watched, Home from the Hill. Robert Mitchum movie, its a pretty good flick!
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Old movies - 11/15/20

It’s worth seeing twice.

I had a job at a gov aerospace subcontractor. They needed ~ 100 signatures from 3 engineers every morning on drawing changes. We walked in a circle around a table signing our name a date to each form while the head of drafting put them down and picked them up like playing cards. I signed thousands of documents about missiles and fighter jets, and I never read a word of them once.

This was just like Mel Brooks as Gov Lepetomane signing documents like a machine.

"Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison"

Sam Peckinpah ~ The Wild Bunch ~ 1969
Posted By: Phillip_Nesmith Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Mek Brooks High Anxiety was riotously funny, laugh until it hurts every time I've seen it.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The bad seed , .......dammmm got 3 oscar nods, the little kids acting beats grow ups nowadays..
Posted By: T_Inman Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by 79S

Tough to argue.

Showgirls
Striptease
Batman and Robin
The Island Of Dr Moreau
The Postman
Wild Wild West

The 90s had some doozies too, no doubt.

My beef with the resolutions are with things like Roadhouse, which seemed common in movies from these decades.
The three guys who had been wronged all sneak in and each get some vengeance by each hitting the criminal mastermind with shotgun blasts, while everyone else dies from single bullets to the arms. Then the police show up at the exact same time. The suspense music was bad as well. It was all meant to be serious, but was awful.

Blazing Saddles, like Married with Children, was meant to be corny. That's why I like them.
Posted By: TOPCATHR Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
ATVALASKA I just watched that last week with my wife, It was a great movie and there was a remake.
Posted By: sackett Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Two Lane Blacktop with Dennis Wilson (Beach Boys), James Taylor (the singer) and Warren Oats. Not a ton of dialog, but it definitely takes you back to a different time and era.
Originally Posted by 79S

Tough to argue.

Showgirls
Striptease
Batman and Robin
The Island Of Dr Moreau
The Postman
Wild Wild West

LOL
Posted By: OldHat Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
True grit (either version)
Zulu (1964 )
Posted By: gunzo Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The Showgirls pool scene is some of the best bad acting I've ever seen.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The Ghost and the Darkness is great!
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Back in the early days of blockbuster, my wife at the time and I were visiting another couple and we all decided to rent one movie each from the local video store.........I rented a 3 episode tape of classic Amos n Andy.........they were not amused.......all relationships eventually dissolved.
Posted By: BOWSINGER Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I recorded "The Best Years of Our Lives" from TCM on Veteran's Day and watched it yesterday. It had been a while since I last watched it. What a great movie!!

YES! I was 8 years when my relation came home from the War. So my memories of the War are much the same.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
We watched the original Tarzan the Ape Man from 1932 the other day.
Posted By: hosfly Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Hellfighters with J Wayne is a classic as is comes a horseman even tho it has "her" in it,, still a good movie an I also liked the original Planet of the apes
Originally Posted by gunzo
The Showgirls pool scene is some of the best bad acting I've ever seen.

I like good bad acting! Lol
Posted By: Anaconda Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Little Big Man, 1970
Posted By: Jim in Idaho Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Here's one from 1906.

Not a big fan of colorizing old movies just for the sake of colorizing them, like colorizing Casablanca, but applying modern technology to the older, grainy and jerky movies really bring those people to life. "They'll Never Grow Old" was a terrific achievement and that treatment works well for a lot of older films created by hand cranked cameras.

Posted By: TheKid Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Long Hot Summer with Paul Newman, Orsen Welles, and JoAnn Woodward is a good show.

Watched The Big Country the other day. Pretty good show with lots of cool scenery even if the plot isn’t the best. Gregory Peck is pretty good in it.
Posted By: MARCEL Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Once upon a time in the West
The Good The Bad and the Ugly ( a movie that damned Deflave made me watch through a different scope than I had previously)
High Plains Drifter
Pale Rider
Unforgiven
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
All the John Wayne B movies.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20

Another great one from C.S. Forester. A feller could get by pretty well with a collection of his books, H. Ryder Haggard, Elmore Leonard, Kipling, Camilleri, Burroughs, Rex Stout, and some Thorne Smith thrown in for laughs.

Best thing about old movies is everybody in them is dead and not tripping all over themselves trying to be the biggest jackass in the world on the internet, or selling reverse mortgages.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The old classics are hard to beat.

[Linked Image from m.media-amazon.com]
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Three Gregory Peck movies, Yellow Sky, The Gunfighter, and 12 Oclock High.

Alan Ladd in Shane and This Gun For Hire.

Rawhide and Witness for the Prosecution with Tyrone Power.

On The Waterfront with Marlon Brando.

Anatomy of a Murder with Jimmy Stewart

Zorba the Greek
with Anthony Quinn

Attack with Jack Palance and Eddie Albert

So many good old movies from the Hollywood movie factories. Not nearly so many today.

L.W.

Originally Posted by Leanwolf

On The Waterfront with Marlon Brando.

Great acting by Brando in that movie.

Best scene:

Charlie : Look, kid, I - how much you weigh, son? When you weighed one hundred and sixty-eight pounds you were beautiful. You coulda been another Billy Conn, and that skunk we got you for a manager, he brought you along too fast.

Terry : It wasn't him, Charley, it was you. Remember that night in the Garden you came down to my dressing room and you said, "Kid, this ain't your night. We're going for the price on Wilson." You remember that? "This ain't your night"! My night! I coulda taken Wilson apart! So what happens? He gets the title shot outdoors on the ballpark and what do I get? A one-way ticket to Palooka-ville! You was my brother, Charley, you shoulda looked out for me a little bit. You shoulda taken care of me just a little bit so I wouldn't have to take them dives for the short-end money.

Charlie : Oh I had some bets down for you. You saw some money.

Terry : You don't understand. I coulda had class. I coulda been a contender. I coulda been somebody, instead of a bum, which is what I am, let's face it. It was you, Charley.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
We are watching Mclintock right now!
Posted By: flintlocke Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
There are a few things about old movies that don't play well in these enlightened times.
There are no interracial couples, there are no angry black supervisors, old movies falsely show crimes being solved without computers and the transsexual geeks to operate them, old movies don't show women as having martial arts skills to shame Chuck Norris, old movies never show women who can outshoot Jerry Miculek, old movies do not show that any woman driver would shame AJ Foyt. Old movies do not give women enough credit, period. In a bout of insomnia recently, I reviewed the 10 top movies on Netflix...yup, 7 of 10 were female lead roles. The last few years, judging by movie releases, it has become apparent to me, that women pretty much won World War II. We wrongly grew up thinking Ike and Winston had something to do with it, with some help of course. Little did we know, back then.
Posted By: night_owl Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
"Joe" (1970).
It's very wild and fun to watch, but a lot of younger people WON'T "get it".
This because the younger people think and act like the hippies in the film; and therefore don't see the humor!
Posted By: bamagun01 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Sgt. York
Classic!
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by flintlocke
There are a few things about old movies that don't play well in these enlightened times.
There are no interracial couples, there are no angry black supervisors, old movies falsely show crimes being solved without computers and the transsexual geeks to operate them, old movies don't show women as having martial arts skills to shame Chuck Norris, old movies never show women who can outshoot Jerry Miculek, old movies do not show that any woman driver would shame AJ Foyt. Old movies do not give women enough credit, period. In a bout of insomnia recently, I reviewed the 10 top movies on Netflix...yup, 7 of 10 were female lead roles. The last few years, judging by movie releases, it has become apparent to me, that women pretty much won World War II. We wrongly grew up thinking Ike and Winston had something to do with it, with some help of course. Little did we know, back then.

You're correct. grin

L.W.
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
The naked prey. Enjoy!
Posted By: slumlord Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Mister Roberts 1955

fonda
jack lemmon
james cagney

Posted By: savage24 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by cooper57m

A friend, in his final writings while dying from cancer proclaimed “‘The Best Years of Our Lives’ the greatest film ever made. I have intended to find a copy and watch it for over 10 years now.
A Lonely Place is on Prime right now.

That's a good flick.

The original Cape Fear is second to none.
The Magnificent Seven (original)
Grand Prix
Thunder Road
To Kill a Mockingbird
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Traci Lords in her little devil outfit.
" New Wave Hookers".
Classic.....
👍👍👍
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Zulu 1964 - saw it first run as a kid with my friends in England, might have been the first color movie I ever saw. Kids would roam all over back then and no one thought anything of it.

Last of the Mohicans - the 1992 version - 28 years ago already shocked

Ride With the Devil - 1999 - my favorite War Over Secession movie.
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Zulu 1964 - saw it first run as a kid with my friends in England, might have been the first color movie I ever saw. Kids would roam all over back then and no one thought anything of it.

Birdy, you want my bacon?
Posted By: Greatlaker Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown
Posted By: skinnyjimmy Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Run Silent, Run Deep

Sink the Bismarck!
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Originally Posted by Greatlaker
Forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown

And The Two Jake's
Posted By: websterparish47 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Run Silent, Run Deep . Gables best movie.
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Birdy, you want my bacon?

Ummm.... no thanks....
Originally Posted by skinnyjimmy
Run Silent, Run Deep

Sink the Bismarck!

Those are good ones.
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Strategic Air Command

The Right Stuff

King Kong (1920s version)

Lawrence of Arabia

The Thing (original version)

The Day the Earth Stood Still (1950s version)

Gone With the Wind (best movie of all time)

Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Topper Cary Grant, Constance Bennet, Roland Young, Billie Burke.

All three Topper movies are funny as Hell. The third one, Topper Returns, wasn’t originally a book, but might be the funniest, with Eddie “Rochester” Anderson as the chauffeur.

Also, Caddy Shack.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: Old movies - 11/15/20
Destry Rides Again

Young Mr Liuncoln

Drums Along the Mohawk

Hangmen Also Die

The Seventh Cross

Wake Island

Gunga Din

Four Faces West

The Three Godfathers

Sergeant Rutledge

Out of the Past

They Died with Their Boots On

Captain Kidd

The Isle Damned Souls

Western Union

Union Pacific

The Eagles Brood (2nd Hopalong Cassidy movie)

Thief of Baghdad

Kismet

Talk of the Town

The Grapes of Wrath

Lives of the Bengal Lancers

Wee Wille Winkie

Jason and the Argonauts

more later
Saving Private Ryan. 1998, 22 years ago already.

Titanic 1997

Dances With Wolves 1990

The Fellowship of the Ring 2001 thru The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 2014.
Posted By: hanco Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Originally Posted by renegade50
Traci Lords in her little devil outfit.
" New Wave Hookers".
Classic.....
👍👍👍

I’ve seen that
Posted By: OldHat Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Originally Posted by Whelenman
We are watching Mclintock right now!

Never gets old!!

Lot's of good suggestions in here.
Posted By: Birdwatcher Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Jeremiah Johnson, 1972. The movie that launched a whole generation of reenactors.
Posted By: logger Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
If you want to watch an interesting old movie try Metropolis. Made in 1927 it is a silent movie and probably the first science fiction movie.
Posted By: Ghostinthemachine Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Invasion of the Body Snatchers...both the one from the 50s and the one from about 1980.

The Thing...with Kurt Russel about 1982.
Posted By: Miss_Lynn Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
A very dear friend of mine introduced me to this movie. He was right, damn good !

Lynn

Posted By: 7mmbuster Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
I’ve got a pretty good collection of my favorite movies on DVD. Mostly old westerns, Duke, Jimmy Stewart, Fonda, Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson, Glenn Ford and others. Also a lot of classics like Anatomy of a Murder, Vertigo and a bunch of others that I like. I’m not very big into modern movies, too much CGI explosions and violence. I don’t necessarily need to see blood and brains splattered on a wall.
7mm
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
I’ve got a pretty good collection of my favorite movies on DVD. Mostly old westerns, Duke, Jimmy Stewart, Fonda, Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson, Glenn Ford and others. Also a lot of classics like Anatomy of a Murder, Vertigo and a bunch of others that I like. I’m not very big into modern movies, too much CGI explosions and violence. I don’t necessarily need to see blood and brains splattered on a wall (in other words, Sam Peckinpaugh.) .
7mm

My addition.
Posted By: savage24 Re: Old movies - 11/16/20

The opening scene was filmed at Watkin’s Mill State Park about 30 minutes from my home. The girlfriend & I go there frequently to kayak on the lake.

She likes to go to Lawrence, Kansas and I will sometimes venture into ‘enemy territory’ and go with her. The hotel where Quantrell set up his base of operations during the raid on Lawrence is still there.
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Harvey
Seven Samurai
Heaven Can Wait......the first one
Things Change
Goodfellas
Most anything with Hogey Carmichael
Nobody’s Fool....with Newman
Posted By: jimy Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
The Sting is a good movie, along with Zulu .
Posted By: Broffesor11 Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Battle rat.
Posted By: silver78 Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Action:

The Guns of Navarone

Christmas:

It's a Wonderful Life
Miracle on 34th Street
Posted By: deflave Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Saving Private Ryan. 1998, 22 years ago already.

Titanic 1997

Dances With Wolves 1990

The Fellowship of the Ring 2001 thru The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 2014.

Titanic?

LOL
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
When Mr Connery passed away folks mentioned League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in a positive light. It's as dumb as The Matrix or even more so. I will try some of these old movie suggestions despite my growing doubt.
They Live
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
When Mr Connery passed away folks mentioned League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in a positive light. It's as dumb as The Matrix or even more so. I will try some of these old movie suggestions despite my growing doubt.

Allan Quatermain is one of my favorite fictional characters. The writers for LEG apparently never read any of Haggard’s books or thought AQ needed some punching up. Nevertheless, I watch that one once in a while if I run into it. The vampire chick also played Nikita on TV, and is a lovely gal. Sometimes, that’s enough.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
The Bridge on the River Kwai

The Dirty Dozen

How about Breast Men?

Mad Max

Sometimes a Great Notion

Cannonball Run?
Posted By: Bristoe Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
The Man Who Would Be King

Posted By: Bristoe Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Matewan

Posted By: horse1 Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
Originally Posted by bamagun01
Sgt. York
Classic!

That (Sgt York) was the 1st one I thought of also.

Dirty Dozen although already mentioned deserves another as well.

The Old Man and The Sea

Cool Hand Luke
Posted By: joken2 Re: Old movies - 11/16/20

Gunga Din

The Good Earth

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

The Yearling

Night of The Hunter

Cape Fear

Bataan

30 Seconds over Tokyo

One Flew Over the Cookoo's Nest

Lawrence of Arabia
1976 King Kong simply because Jessica Lange was the hottest bitch to ever hit the big screen.

Posted By: Malloy805 Re: Old movies - 11/16/20
The original Monte Walsh
Moby Dick
Captains courageous
Old Man and the Sea
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Old movies - 11/16/20

HUMAN
He doesn't like you.

LUKE
I'm sorry.

HUMAN
I don't like you either.

The big creature is getting agitated and yells out some
unintelligible gibberish at the now rather nervous, young
adventurer.

HUMAN
Don't insult us. You just watch
yourself. We're wanted men. I have
the death sentence in twelve systems.

LUKE
I'll be careful than.

HUMAN
You'll be dead.

The rodent lets out a loud grunt and everything at the bar
moves away. Luke tries to remain cool but it isn't easy. His
three adversaries ready their weapons. Old Ben moves in behind
Luke.

BEN
This little one isn't worth the
effort. Come let me buy you
something...

A powerful blow from the unpleasant creature sends the young
would-be Jedi sailing across the room, crashing through tables
and breaking a large jug filled with a foul-looking liquid.
With a blood curdling shriek, the monster draws a wicked
chrome laser pistol from his belt and levels it at old Ben.
The bartender panics.

BARTENDER
No blasters! No blaster!
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Old movies - 11/18/20
Watching Little Big Man, freebie on Prime. Been many many years. Didn't remember it - that's for sure.
Posted By: MtnBoomer Re: Old movies - 11/19/20
Originally Posted by Jericho
"Hell Is For Heroes" with Steve McQueen

You've got to be chitting?

Just watched it. Dumber than fuuck plus chit acting!

Refund?
Posted By: 257_X_50 Re: Old movies - 11/19/20
Gumball rally
Posted By: drover Re: Old movies - 11/19/20
The Hallalujah Trail on Prime with Burt Lancaster, Lee Remick, Brian Keith and a good cast of supporting actors - western comedy. It's a little long but it has enough action to keep it going.

drover
Posted By: muleshoe Re: Old movies - 11/19/20
Stalag 17
Posted By: tater74 Re: Old movies - 11/19/20
The great escape
Its a mad mad mad world
The ghost and Mr chicken
Run silent run deep
A bridge too far
A Christmas story
Posted By: shootbrownelk Re: Old movies - 11/19/20
Chato's Land