Campfire Oracle
B
The Last Picture Show is a great movie.

GB1

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I didn't realize until lately that The Last Picture Show was based on the book by Larry McMurtry,....same guy that wrote Lonesome Dove

,...and Larry McMurtry is now married to the widow of Ken Kesey.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just got done watching “Paint Your Wagon”. Before that was “Planet Of The Apes” with Chuck Heston.
I’m a sucker for Westerns and Classics.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Watched the old 1964 "Father Goose" last night...amusing show.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Blazing Saddles is good, as is most of Mel Brooks' work as the parody is often on purpose.

I am generally not a fan of movies from the 60s, 70s and much of the 80s. Often the acting and most often the resolution, or at least small parts of the plot are terrible.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If some of these classify as old movies, "Debbie Does Dallas" is 42 years old as of last month. Debbie herself is even older...

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

One time I watched "Blazing Saddles" in the company of my wife and a woman friend of ours. While I was rolling on the floor laughing, they kept asking "What's supposed to be funny about that?".

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 5sdad

One time I watched "Blazing Saddles" in the company of my wife and a woman friend of ours. While I was rolling on the floor laughing, they kept asking "What's supposed to be funny about that?".

Helluva wife...

PS- Blazing Saddles ain't old.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Blazing Saddles is good, as is most of Mel Brooks' work as the parody is often on purpose.

I am generally not a fan of movies from the 60s, 70s and much of the 80s. Often the acting and most often the resolution, or at least small parts of the plot are terrible.

Tough to argue.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Made the twelve year old sit down with me and watch "Captains Courageous". She is a good sport about that.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
IC B3

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

Tough to argue.

Some of the best movies made were in the 90’s
Showgirls
Striptease
Batman and Robin
The Island Of Dr Moreau
The Postman
Wild Wild West

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Just watched Blazing Saddles.

Gene Wilder played the part of The Waco Kid. Fastest gun on earth. Said he had killed more men than Cecil B. Demille. LMAO!

It’s worth seeing twice.

It was on here 2 hours ago....... I’m tired.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by deflave

Tough to argue.

Some of the best movies made were in the 90’s
Showgirls
Striptease
Batman and Robin
The Island Of Dr Moreau
The Postman
Wild Wild West

Lol

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
I didn't realize until lately that The Last Picture Show was based on the book by Larry McMurtry,....same guy that wrote Lonesome Dove

,...and Larry McMurtry is now married to the widow of Ken Kesey.
McMurtry wrote the Paul Newman movie, Hud also, as well as several others. It's based on his book, Horseman Pass By. Texasville is the sequel to The Last Picture Show. The same people are in it. The sequel to Lonesome Dove is Streets of Laredo with James Garner as Call and Sissy Spacek as Lorena. Ned Beatty plays Judge Roy Bean and it features Randy Quaid of Christmas Vacation as John Wesley Hardin. There is another sequel to Lonesome Dove called, Return to Lonesome Dove. It's different and stars John Voight as Call. McMurtry had nothing to do with it whereas he wrote Streets of Laredo. He also wrote prequels to Lonesome Dove, Dead man's Walk and Comanche Moon. Both were turned into mini-series like Lonesome Dove and Streets of Laredo.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
One flew over the cuckoos nest

The champ

Meatballs

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Just watched, Home from the Hill. Robert Mitchum movie, its a pretty good flick!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Just watched Blazing Saddles.

Gene Wilder played the part of The Waco Kid. Fastest gun on earth. Said he had killed more men than Cecil B. Demille. LMAO!

It’s worth seeing twice.

I had a job at a gov aerospace subcontractor. They needed ~ 100 signatures from 3 engineers every morning on drawing changes. We walked in a circle around a table signing our name a date to each form while the head of drafting put them down and picked them up like playing cards. I signed thousands of documents about missiles and fighter jets, and I never read a word of them once.

This was just like Mel Brooks as Gov Lepetomane signing documents like a machine.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

"Heaven Knows, Mr. Allison"

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

Sam Peckinpah ~ The Wild Bunch ~ 1969

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mek Brooks High Anxiety was riotously funny, laugh until it hurts every time I've seen it.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

124 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 308xray, 673, 2500HD, 9 invisible), 978 guests, and 943 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,090
Posts18,522,088
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.