Home
Posted By: JPro A $70K factory Jeep Wrangler? - 11/17/20
Looks like they are getting ready to turn out a 392ci 470hp version of the 4dr Wrangler. Expected to be in the high $60k range in price.

6.4L Wrangler Hemi

This is the same Hi-Po 392/6.4L engine that goes in the Scat Pack Challengers and Chargers. One notch below the 700hp+ Hellcat models.

Sounds like fun and it's very 'MERICA, but you could buy a new Scat Pack Challenger for $44k and add a nice used Wrangler for that $70k total......

It looks like fun if you have the money to burn.
Dead, cashed-up hillbillies as far as the eye can see.....
They will sell everyone they can build.
Posted By: Dess Re: A $70K factory Jeep Wrangler? - 11/17/20
Sounds like fun until you get someone who thinks they're a professional race car driver in an overpowered vehicle with a higher center of gravity than the sedans.

Not for me, but if someone else want one that's up to them.
Posted By: g5m Re: A $70K factory Jeep Wrangler? - 11/17/20
It would be fun.
Posted By: JPro Re: A $70K factory Jeep Wrangler? - 11/17/20
"Factory governed to 99mph" is likely a good call. Lol...
Worth $5K...

I'm still looking for a 60s international scout if anyone has one. I'm being serious.
Originally Posted by Dess
Sounds like fun until you get someone who thinks they're a professional race car driver in an overpowered vehicle with a higher center of gravity than the sedans.

That is what killed the 304 V8 in the 70's CJ5's. They got real popular and everybody bought one and started driving it like a racecar and pretty soon the bodies were stacking up like cordwood. So AMC started putting the inline 6 and 4 bangers in them. I did some swaps for some guys that had the 304's in them. I pulled out the 304 and stuffed a GM 350 in them. You could do it in an afternoon. The best swap was if you could find a 401 out of a AMX. That would wake a jeep up and you could do that swap in a couple hours. Just unbolt the 304 and pull it out and slide the 401 in and tighten the bolts and hook up the fuel and electrical and you were on the road. I did some swaps on the later jeeps that had the 6'sand 4's but those took alittle longer, but still a blast when I was done.
70K no problem. nobody has to work at least in my area. all have new vehicles stores packed every day cars clogging the roads. close your business for 6 months at 5K a month for rent no problem. drive around all day going to stores. they seem to be on a permanent paid vacation
Some people enjoy being taken advantage of, those people drive schiety jeeps.
In certain zip codes the Wrangler is highest volume vehicle on the road. I've been to little towns in recreation areas where every gas station or party store has 10-15 wranglers for rent.
Crazy toy prices these days. Price a factory tricked-out Ford Raptor and see how close to six figures you get.
I’ll sell mine for 50,000. It will hit 70 with a strong tailwind

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Worth $5K...

I'm still looking for a 60s international scout if anyone has one. I'm being serious.

Got a 63 with sliding windows and the slant 4.

Not sure if they came with other engines....

It must be older than that....
70k is not a bad deal considering how many people go out and buy a 40-50k wrangler and then immediately do a 30k hemi swap. There are at least 3 in my area that did just that. Think I'll stick my straight 6.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

"Hold my beer and watch this!....VROOOM!!! CRASH!!!!"
Originally Posted by cra1948
Crazy toy prices these days. Price a factory tricked-out Ford Raptor and see how close to six figures you get.

Already there: starting at $102,805 for a Shelby F-150 Super Snake (770hp supercharged)

https://www.shelby.com/en-us/Vehicles/F-150-Super-Snake
Way over-priced, but it's about friggen' time they put a decent V8 into a Jeep.
Posted By: RIO7 Re: A $70K factory Jeep Wrangler? - 11/17/20

I'd rather be walking down the road carrying a Jeep hub cap than drive a Scout ever again. Rio7
Posted By: EdM Re: A $70K factory Jeep Wrangler? - 11/17/20
Originally Posted by JPro
Looks like they are getting ready to turn out a 392ci 470hp version of the 4dr Wrangler. Expected to be in the high $60k range in price.

6.4L Wrangler Hemi

This is the same Hi-Po 392/6.4L engine that goes in the Scat Pack Challengers and Chargers. One notch below the 700hp+ Hellcat models.

Sounds like fun and it's very 'MERICA, but you could buy a new Scat Pack Challenger for $44k and add a nice used Wrangler for that $70k total......

I have been kicking around putting one of those 6.4 crate motors and OD transmissions in my '70 Dart.

For me.....this before a Jeep

Even after $10k of offroad upgrades

UR still further ahead

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6835957
70k and i'll bet it still rides and handles like a buckboard.

better yet...Lexus branded Land Cruiser......

Add $10K aftermarket stuff......

https://cars.ksl.com/listing/6697328
Jeep were once a nice small off road vehicle. Now they are a small overpowered, over priced, and shoddy built POS! Just the opinion of an x jeep driver! Kind of like civilian Hummers. The only good ones are recieved in the back seat!

RIP slumlord😢
The irony is that for half the people who get one of these, it'll be a pavement princess because it costs so much they don't want to break it.
'I just want a jeep, not the factory! laugh

Oh for crying out loud, they won't hold a candle to my 90 year old dad's 1952 M-38.

That Jeep is hysterical, at 6-1 I can hardly get in or out of it. People sure were short back then........

Just Empty Every Pocket

not the same jeep

Posted By: Wtxj Re: A $70K factory Jeep Wrangler? - 11/18/20
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
The irony is that for half the people who get one of these, it'll be a pavement princess because it costs so much they don't want to break it.

Kind of like all the pick ups out on the road.
Not many see use as a work truck. Of the millions out in use.
Shined up and not a spot of dirt on them.

I ordered my Jeep just last week. Put a diesel in it. That's what I wanted.
It'll be in SW Colorado soon.
Trades are high, 2017 rubi model, went to Colorado several times.
New one is a Rubi, 2021 with options and a diesel.
Going to be just what I want.

Been through the Internationals, Toyota's lots of Jeeps.
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

Oh for crying out loud, they won't hold a candle to my 90 year old dad's 1952 M-38.

That Jeep is hysterical, at 6-1 I can hardly get in or out of it. People sure were short back then........

Just Empty Every Pocket
Put bigger tires on it, then you can step up
I like 4 banging my little 2.5 L I can wheel all weekend with one tank of gas if I stay off the highway. It gets better mileage in town than highway
I would love to slap some paddle tires on that thing and hit the sand dunes.... woohoo
And a M-37 Dodge. Wish I still had that one.
Originally Posted by 16penny
I like 4 banging my little 2.5 L I can wheel all weekend with one tank of gas if I stay off the highway. It gets better mileage in town than highway

Gas prices won't be going down any time soon in the foreseeable future.

Nuff said

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by JPro
"Factory governed to 99mph" is likely a good call. Lol...

Can do a lot of rolls @ 99 mph!
I have a 1997 Wrangler. We paid $3,000 for it, with 60k miles.

We bought it as a TOAD for behind the motorhome. 4 banger, no A/C, Line-x interior, 2,800 lbs as it sits so we can legally tow it with a stiff bar and no brakes..

I added a moderate lift, some good shocks, great tires. Sold the half doors and hard top for $1,500.

It is a 3 season vehicle. Motorhome tow, spring through fall around town and in the hills 4 wheeling.

After selling the doors and top, with the upgrades, I think I have $3,500 in it.

If it was $3,501, it would be a buck too much. Never was a big Jeep fan (still not) but this is the only vehicle that meets all of our criteria as an open air TOAD for the motorhome.

I would NEVER buy a new Jeep, and certainly not for $60k. Or even a used one for $10k. But different strokes for different folks.

I'm happy with mine, for what I have in it and what it does!
I cannot wrap my head around new car prices.

Would be fun to own no doubt

-Jake
If all they're planning on upgrading is the HP they'll be all busted up in short order.

I've owned a few Jeeps, real ones and a couple of the new ones. There's a reason there are so many aftermarket parts, mods, and upgrades. They put that much Hp in they should start with Dana 60s, a better xfer case, beefier suspension. Then, and only then, would it be worth anything close to asking price.
Originally Posted by BigNate
If all they're planning on upgrading is the HP they'll be all busted up in short order.

I've owned a few Jeeps, real ones and a couple of the new ones. There's a reason there are so many aftermarket parts, mods, and upgrades. They put that much Hp in they should start with Dana 60s, a better xfer case, beefier suspension. Then, and only then, would it be worth anything close to asking price.

I think they (Jeep) know most who purchase a Jeep will add a few cute accoutrements, but only ever drive it on-road.

The died in the wool jeep guys I know look for USED Jeeps to make into true off-road monsters.

Not many guys drop $40k on a BRAND NEW Jeep, throw another $10k at it, then go beat it up on the trails....
I love the idea of it, but too rich for my blood.

I had a '78 CJ7 with the factory 304 and 3 speed manual. Not near the same horse power level, but good torque for off road mudding. That 3 speed was geared well for off road, but going down the highway at 60mph it got about 3 gallons to the mile.

That Hemi would be mucho fun, but practical it isn't, but my previous experience with the CJ proves that fun over rules practical if you can afford it.

I'd like to give one a try, but...Hey, I wonder if a Chevy LS would fit in the wife's 4Runner? smile
I'd rather have a stock CJ-5 with a straight 6 & 4 speed.

Originally Posted by jackmountain

RIP slumlord😢

Yup

Live in a 1974 moon river singlewide mobile home down there at the Freebird Trailer Park in “Cecilville, Tn” but makin payments on a Polaris Razor and a $70k jeep.

Working at Lowes and sucking off Nana’s social security leather lungs disability.

Keeping my ‘88 4Runner
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
They will sell everyone they can build.

for as much money as they get get.
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Originally Posted by Dess

That is what killed the 304 V8 in the 70's CJ5's. They got real popular and everybody bought one and started driving it like a racecar and pretty soon the bodies were stacking up like cordwood. So AMC started putting the inline 6 and 4 bangers in them. I did some swaps for some guys that had the 304's in them. I pulled out the 304 and stuffed a GM 350 in them. You could do it in an afternoon. The best swap was if you could find a 401 out of a AMX. That would wake a jeep up and you could do that swap in a couple hours. Just unbolt the 304 and pull it out and slide the 401 in and tighten the bolts and hook up the fuel and electrical and you were on the road. I did some swaps on the later jeeps that had the 6'sand 4's but those took alittle longer, but still a blast when I was done.

I had a CJ-7 with a blown 304 V-8 & automatic, got it cheap. Installed a 401. Let the wife drive it once....scared the crap out of her on a corner so I sold it soon after.

Don’t you mean hipsters?
© 24hourcampfire