Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
If all they're planning on upgrading is the HP they'll be all busted up in short order.

I've owned a few Jeeps, real ones and a couple of the new ones. There's a reason there are so many aftermarket parts, mods, and upgrades. They put that much Hp in they should start with Dana 60s, a better xfer case, beefier suspension. Then, and only then, would it be worth anything close to asking price.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BigNate
If all they're planning on upgrading is the HP they'll be all busted up in short order.

I've owned a few Jeeps, real ones and a couple of the new ones. There's a reason there are so many aftermarket parts, mods, and upgrades. They put that much Hp in they should start with Dana 60s, a better xfer case, beefier suspension. Then, and only then, would it be worth anything close to asking price.

I think they (Jeep) know most who purchase a Jeep will add a few cute accoutrements, but only ever drive it on-road.

The died in the wool jeep guys I know look for USED Jeeps to make into true off-road monsters.

Not many guys drop $40k on a BRAND NEW Jeep, throw another $10k at it, then go beat it up on the trails....

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I love the idea of it, but too rich for my blood.

I had a '78 CJ7 with the factory 304 and 3 speed manual. Not near the same horse power level, but good torque for off road mudding. That 3 speed was geared well for off road, but going down the highway at 60mph it got about 3 gallons to the mile.

That Hemi would be mucho fun, but practical it isn't, but my previous experience with the CJ proves that fun over rules practical if you can afford it.

I'd like to give one a try, but...Hey, I wonder if a Chevy LS would fit in the wife's 4Runner? smile

"An open message for all Democrats; "Look you are nothing and your work is worthless. Anyone who chooses you is detestable."
Isaiah 41:24 (HCSB)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'd rather have a stock CJ-5 with a straight 6 & 4 speed.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Dead, cashed-up hillbillies as far as the eye can see.....

RIP slumlord😢

Yup

Live in a 1974 moon river singlewide mobile home down there at the Freebird Trailer Park in “Cecilville, Tn” but makin payments on a Polaris Razor and a $70k jeep.

Working at Lowes and sucking off Nana’s social security leather lungs disability.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Keeping my ‘88 4Runner

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Snowwolfe
They will sell everyone they can build.

for as much money as they get get.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by BluMtn
Originally Posted by Dess
Sounds like fun until you get someone who thinks they're a professional race car driver in an overpowered vehicle with a higher center of gravity than the sedans.

Not for me, but if someone else want one that's up to them.

That is what killed the 304 V8 in the 70's CJ5's. They got real popular and everybody bought one and started driving it like a racecar and pretty soon the bodies were stacking up like cordwood. So AMC started putting the inline 6 and 4 bangers in them. I did some swaps for some guys that had the 304's in them. I pulled out the 304 and stuffed a GM 350 in them. You could do it in an afternoon. The best swap was if you could find a 401 out of a AMX. That would wake a jeep up and you could do that swap in a couple hours. Just unbolt the 304 and pull it out and slide the 401 in and tighten the bolts and hook up the fuel and electrical and you were on the road. I did some swaps on the later jeeps that had the 6'sand 4's but those took alittle longer, but still a blast when I was done.

I had a CJ-7 with a blown 304 V-8 & automatic, got it cheap. Installed a 401. Let the wife drive it once....scared the crap out of her on a corner so I sold it soon after.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Dead, cashed-up hillbillies as far as the eye can see.....

Don’t you mean hipsters?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (10Glocks, 338reddog, 375sunrise, 35, 35WhelenNut, 264mag, 16 invisible), 952 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,977
Posts18,519,894
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.