Home
Posted By: KFWA Alright, Alright, Alright.... - 11/19/20
Matthew McConaughey said on Tuesday that he would consider trying his hand at a career in politics by running for Governor of Texas.

The Texas native sat down with Hugh Hewitt on "The Hugh Hewitt Show" for an interview about "Greenlights," his best-selling book.

"I don’t know. I mean, that wouldn’t be up to me. It would be up to the people more than it would me," McConaughey told Hewitt. "I would say this: Look, politics seems to be a broken business to me right now. And when politics redefines its purpose, I could be a hell of a lot more interested."

McConaughey talked about his goals and ideas concerning American politics, saying, "I want to get behind personal values to rebind our social contracts with each other as Americans, as people again."

The actor also discussed the recent presidential election and former Vice President Joe Biden's win over President Donald Trump.

"Coming out of the election right now, we’ve got to stabilize," McConaughey said. "This country’s got to stabilize first before we start to say, 'OK, here’s how we’re marching out of this together forward.'"
Sounds like he has it down. A whole lot of talking where he basically didn’t say anything.
Posted By: KFWA Re: Alright, Alright, Alright.... - 11/19/20
I can't imagine him actually being a serious contender
First off, Biden didnt win the election.
If he does prevail, it will be because he got away with stealing, just as he has been doing for decades.
There is no coming together here with the liberal adjenda if we wish to keep our freedom.
I’m sure he would be brilliant. Not
Sounds like a Biden bitch.
Just what we need, another Hollywood Left wing nut in politics.

Besides that, if his appearance is any indication, he has gone queer as hell.

MM has been a waste of skin since he accepted the role in Dallas Buyers Club.
Another one that thinks just because they speak in euphemisms (rebind our social contracts with each other), that they are really the one to fix things, when they haven't got a clue about what is going on. Sometimes wonder if they could tell you in which direction the sun comes up.
Hollywood type - yeah he'd be great for the communist party ,, and yeah I bet the younger crowd would love to vote for him .
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Hollywood type - yeah he'd be great for the communist party ,, and yeah I bet the younger crowd would love to vote for him .

Me ex-wife would.
Originally Posted by KFWA
I can't imagine him actually being a serious contender

All he needs is the right software.
the Lt Gov of texas should run for Gov
Never underestimate pretty.
Dave
But didn't we recently elect a reality TV personality and tout him as the savior of the nation? The bar has been set pretty low. If you can log on to Twitter and say stupid stuff, you're qualified to run for public office; at any level.
On another front, I just saw Joe Biden on TV. The guy is so pale, he looks like he's been dusted with flour. He should see about borrowing some of Trump's spray tan. GD
Personally I’ve never cared much for the idiot. I will say he did a good job in True Detective but that was because of the other cast members. All his other work has been hoakey.
A monumental ego living in a fantasy world.
Don't know his politics.
Do know he generally keeps his family out of California and in Texas when possible, But in Austin lakefront property.
Stick to movies, dude.
Originally Posted by jdunham
Sounds like he has it down. A whole lot of talking where he basically didn’t say anything.

You ain't kidding! Psychobabble and drivel to the max.

L.W.
1.) Read an article not long ago, in which said actor was calling out the hypocrisy of friends of his who, in public, seemingly disavowed God but with whom he reports having prayed over dinner with the same persons. Doesn’t prove he’s a conservative, but does speak to some values and some spine for speaking out like that.

2.) As the framers intended, we want persons throwing their hat in the ring coming from regular America, not the self-serving invented political class. Granted, in this case the entertainment industry, so hard to read real merit there, but who knows.

3.) Some of his acting i’ve found interesting, while more of it was flat and uninspiring. He hucks Lincolns on tv with nary a word, just “coolness”, whereas at least Reagan was a prolific pitchman become conservative orator following a less successful movie career. Hard to draw much, but for certain Reagan having bloomed into a leader and conservative icon.
As far as I know he's a Christian and doesn't relate to either party, Seriously doubt he'd win if he ran.
Melba toast should stick to acting. I'm still not over Ann Richards The Drunken Drug Addict as our last Democrap governor.
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Me ex-wife would.

Did you get divorced?
sounds like he went to the obama school of bullschit
Hugh Hewitt's a piece of shcidt.
© 24hourcampfire