Home
Posted By: hanco No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
We have a great Christmas party at work. We get to see a lot of the retired boys, good eats, best thing is venders donate lots of things for give aways. They give away a few extra days of vacation too.

Not this year, already canceled. Has anyone else had their party canceled?

Damn Commie virus.
David, 2020 is canceled. crazy
I usually attend all the Christmas meals that the farm oriented businesses I do business with have. Heard they were going be cancelled this year.
Our cattlemen's Christmas party has been canceled. They've screwed up everything with this China flu BS.
Ours is canceled but I never go anyway
No party this year. I sometimes go for the meal part to hang with the guys but skip out on the later free booze fiasco.
Originally Posted by wabigoon

No kidding. Everything has been canceled. I got to go to one event in February, I think, just before March Madness hit, and everything was canceled. Events I was really looking forward to... but nope. Sorry.
Posted By: T_O_M Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
Originally Posted by hanco
Not this year, already canceled. Has anyone else had their party canceled?

I'm sure ours is canceled. We have too many people in high risk groups ... older, cancer survivors, diabetics. It would be very foolish not to skip it for this year. Disappointing for sure, but not as disappointing as going to a funeral service.

I'm working towards having our family Christmas events canceled as well. We have a couple of extreme risk people .. I don't want my dad or my aunt dead .. 'cept for those times I'd love to kill them myself. smile I don't want some damned virus stealing that opportunity from me. smile I don't think it's a good idea to go do the black friday sardine imitation nor to be packed in lines at the PO or UPS shipping stuff.

I think, rather, this would be a great year to stop, quietly, individually, and reflect on the real meaning of Christmas and step out of the commercialized version. Y' know, celebrate Jesus rather than celebrating Amazon, etc. ... make lemonade from the lemons we've been handed.

Tom
Posted By: efw Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
I heard about a business that added all the costs of canceled parties, split the number by the number of their FTEs and sent everyone a check.

Careful; I’d take that every year!

They’re breaking down the institutions and traditions that unite us and Corp America is going along out of fear.
Nobody should congregate in person.

When people congregate and speak in that manner, share thoughts, ideas, dissatisfactions, etc, the .gov cannot monitor. All communications must be electronic, and filtered through the NSA.

This is all by design.
Ours was cancelled when CDC came out and said lampshades were a huge vector for spread of the virus.
Posted By: hanco Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20

I believe you are correct Sir
Posted By: 79S Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
I said earlier, they took Easter away... No one said a peep not even the churches.. Thanksgiving? All but a wash millions and millions people are falling in lockstep. No traveling stay home eat turkey watch some football. Christmas now this will be the true test for liberal to see if people will truly fall into lockstep. Christmas mass?? Families traditions of meeting up for family Christmas dinners at mom and dads place.. Families traveling to other states for Christmas etc.
And 2021 is just penciled in...
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

When people congregate and speak in that manner, share thoughts, ideas, dissatisfactions, etc, the .gov cannot monitor. All communications must be electronic, and filtered through the NSA.

This is all by design.

Exactly.

The Coronafarce keeps presenting the ideal situations to create a Great Reset, and Build Back Better. Imagine the coincidence of it all!
Posted By: efw Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

This is all by design.

Exactly.

The Coronafarce keeps presenting the ideal situations to create a Great Reset, and Build Back Better. Imagine the coincidence of it all!

Yep.

The more we talk the more we find we have in common in that the gov is our common enemy.

That’s bad for the elites...
Posted By: Deans Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
We don't usually have a Christmas party. What we do have is a Christmas dinner catered in. Years past we set up tables in the shop area (cleaned first) and we all more or less gather around. The parts department take turns to eat.

This year will probably be like the Thanksgiving lunch this past Thursday. Six feet apart with masks go through the serving line with serving gloves and serve yourself go back to your work area.
Our employer would always take everyone out to eat for Christmas (in lieu of any real bonus...)..... After work. Yeah, I'm gonna drive myself after work to some restaurant in the dark schidthole that is Clarksvegas just to eat with people I see every day, and then drive myself back, wasting hours of MY time.... I've always declined.

I don't know what they'll do for Christmas this year.... Probably something equally spectacular...
2020 is saving the "Grinch" a lot of work.
Posted By: Gus Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
no christmas parties around here parts either.

lot's of stuff being bought and sold over the internet.

i don't know how the brick & mortars will fare this year.
Hasn’t yet stopped the NFL or college football.

Now, why would they,,,,,,,,,,,,?
Originally Posted by Gus
no christmas parties around here parts either.

lot's of stuff being bought and sold over the internet.

i don't know how the brick & mortars will fare this year.

Large corporations and companies will have wonderful Christmas at the expense of brick & mortar stores.
No party this year for my team, here normally I would fly up to our El Dorado Hills office and stay for several days catching up with folks I rarely get to see during the year and enjoy a huge party.

This year corporate wide we are shipping gift baskets to each employee's home in lieu of a party.
Originally Posted by Stophel
Yeah, I'm gonna drive myself after work to some restaurant in the dark schidthole that is Clarksvegas just to eat with people I see every day, and then drive myself back, wasting hours of MY time.... I've always declined..

I agree, Ebenezer.
No way the State can risk it. Not that the party was ever any good.
Posted By: RDW Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
I never go to the Xmas party, not my thing but those I work with are like family and enjoy it, better than family in many respects and I hate to see it cancelled or require masks.

Bet it will be cancelled.

We cannot go into the building for any reason after TDay without a test and negative result.

I suspect we will not be working in the building sooner than Summer 2021.
Posted By: Gus Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/21/20
for testing to stay even with the spread of the covid, it'd take what.....2 tests per week?
Our annual meeting was cancelled. Thank God! Travel to HQ to waste 2-days hearing all the VPs tell how great they are, pat themselves on the back, and kiss up to the owner. Most boring damn 2-days of my entire year. I absolutely hate it.

This year we are blessed with a 6-hour webex to hear the same crap. I'll stay awake by sitting in a fire ant mound till it's over.

2020 may very well be much, much better than 2021.
Posted By: sse Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/22/20
got one still hangin on, we'll see...12/12
2020 is the new normal. America will NEVER be the same.
i used to like the grub at our ethnically diverse holiday party. but the indian food made me schit like a goose. literally. love curry, curry no love me.
Posted By: Gus Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/22/20
Originally Posted by OldHat
2020 is the new normal. America will NEVER be the same.

i agree. like the riots & related that happened in the 60's and 70's a new generation is seeing things differently.

the High Priests at NASA are working hard to continue advancements.

whether they'll succeed i have no clue at all.
We ended out Christmas parties after our auditor and our lead engineer got DUIs leaving the shop.

That and a turkey fryer caught the smoke-break picnic table on fire.
Posted By: Gus Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/22/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
We ended out Christmas parties after our auditor and our lead engineer got DUIs leaving the shop.

well it's easy enough to understand the cancellations given the smoke-break picnic table caught on fire. probably cca trtd and there ain't no tellin' how dangerous that was!
Posted By: hanco Re: No Christmas party this year - 11/22/20
Originally Posted by slumlord

We had foreman’s meetings at the SPJST Hall, Company bought the beer. Most in Company trucks. Can you imagine 30 plus plumbers and fitter formans drinking free beer. Always fights, bent fenders, damn it was fun. Same way at the company Christmas party. This was in mid 70’s

Lodge # 88
My wife’s department still had their end if the semester faculty party. She won the ax throwing competition.
Going to be a zoom party for work this year. They're going to have a hypnotist. Think I'm going to pass. They used to have a Thanksgiving meal. This year they're sending gift cards.
© 24hourcampfire