Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
We have a great Christmas party at work. We get to see a lot of the retired boys, good eats, best thing is venders donate lots of things for give aways. They give away a few extra days of vacation too.

Not this year, already canceled. Has anyone else had their party canceled?

Damn Commie virus.

GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
David, 2020 is canceled. crazy

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I usually attend all the Christmas meals that the farm oriented businesses I do business with have. Heard they were going be cancelled this year.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Our cattlemen's Christmas party has been canceled. They've screwed up everything with this China flu BS.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ours is canceled but I never go anyway

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No party this year. I sometimes go for the meal part to hang with the guys but skip out on the later free booze fiasco.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wabigoon

No kidding. Everything has been canceled. I got to go to one event in February, I think, just before March Madness hit, and everything was canceled. Events I was really looking forward to... but nope. Sorry.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by hanco
Not this year, already canceled. Has anyone else had their party canceled?

I'm sure ours is canceled. We have too many people in high risk groups ... older, cancer survivors, diabetics. It would be very foolish not to skip it for this year. Disappointing for sure, but not as disappointing as going to a funeral service.

I'm working towards having our family Christmas events canceled as well. We have a couple of extreme risk people .. I don't want my dad or my aunt dead .. 'cept for those times I'd love to kill them myself. smile I don't want some damned virus stealing that opportunity from me. smile I don't think it's a good idea to go do the black friday sardine imitation nor to be packed in lines at the PO or UPS shipping stuff.

I think, rather, this would be a great year to stop, quietly, individually, and reflect on the real meaning of Christmas and step out of the commercialized version. Y' know, celebrate Jesus rather than celebrating Amazon, etc. ... make lemonade from the lemons we've been handed.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
I heard about a business that added all the costs of canceled parties, split the number by the number of their FTEs and sent everyone a check.

Careful; I’d take that every year!

They’re breaking down the institutions and traditions that unite us and Corp America is going along out of fear.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Nobody should congregate in person.

When people congregate and speak in that manner, share thoughts, ideas, dissatisfactions, etc, the .gov cannot monitor. All communications must be electronic, and filtered through the NSA.

This is all by design.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Ours was cancelled when CDC came out and said lampshades were a huge vector for spread of the virus.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

hanco Online Content OP
Campfire Savant
OP Online Content
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by wabigoon

I believe you are correct Sir

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I said earlier, they took Easter away... No one said a peep not even the churches.. Thanksgiving? All but a wash millions and millions people are falling in lockstep. No traveling stay home eat turkey watch some football. Christmas now this will be the true test for liberal to see if people will truly fall into lockstep. Christmas mass?? Families traditions of meeting up for family Christmas dinners at mom and dads place.. Families traveling to other states for Christmas etc.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And 2021 is just penciled in...

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

When people congregate and speak in that manner, share thoughts, ideas, dissatisfactions, etc, the .gov cannot monitor. All communications must be electronic, and filtered through the NSA.

This is all by design.

Exactly.

The Coronafarce keeps presenting the ideal situations to create a Great Reset, and Build Back Better. Imagine the coincidence of it all!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

This is all by design.

Exactly.

The Coronafarce keeps presenting the ideal situations to create a Great Reset, and Build Back Better. Imagine the coincidence of it all!

Yep.

The more we talk the more we find we have in common in that the gov is our common enemy.

That’s bad for the elites...

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
We don't usually have a Christmas party. What we do have is a Christmas dinner catered in. Years past we set up tables in the shop area (cleaned first) and we all more or less gather around. The parts department take turns to eat.

This year will probably be like the Thanksgiving lunch this past Thursday. Six feet apart with masks go through the serving line with serving gloves and serve yourself go back to your work area.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Our employer would always take everyone out to eat for Christmas (in lieu of any real bonus...)..... After work. Yeah, I'm gonna drive myself after work to some restaurant in the dark schidthole that is Clarksvegas just to eat with people I see every day, and then drive myself back, wasting hours of MY time.... I've always declined.

I don't know what they'll do for Christmas this year.... Probably something equally spectacular...

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
2020 is saving the "Grinch" a lot of work.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
no christmas parties around here parts either.

lot's of stuff being bought and sold over the internet.

i don't know how the brick & mortars will fare this year.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugeman, 16gage, 1Longbow, 1234, 55 invisible), 2,501 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,431
Posts18,470,796
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.