Home
Most election cycles bring them out in bunches, mostly looking for money !

I have not received anything or heard an add from them or against them.

Could we say "Bumpstocks" are the new safe word, or did they buy some nice stuff somewhere else?
There is a member on this forum who has a rather... how shall I say... a strong opinion on the NRA. I'm sure he'll be along in a bit.
Without the NRA, we were able to lose the senate and the whitehouse.

Well done girls. Enjoy the Biden- Harris presidency grin
Originally Posted by copperking81
There is a member on this forum who has a rather... how shall I say... a strong opinion on the NRA. I'm sure he'll be along in a bit.

Prescient. How did you do that? Who could have predicted it?
With gun sales setting records nearly every week, ammo flying off the shelves at alarming rates.

And strangely the largest supporter of gun rates in the world, chooses the most important election in a hundred years, to sit out and choose irevelancy, over opposition, great idea guys !
NRA?
I’ve heard of them!
But, I Haven’t seen them in a while!
You didn’t get the memo?? They changed their name to “Wayne LaPierre Personal Legal Defense and Expense Fund”....

You get a set of monogrammed cufflinks with your membership, now, instead of a pocket knife.

Seriously, the guy needs to go, so that the NRA can get back protecting gun rights and supporting the shooting sports.
Wayne LaPierre , wasn't he the guy that what was doing the " Men's Warehouse " ,commercials right before that organization went tits up ?
W4B thinks we should have been complicit in Wayne’s embezzlement because he would’ve shared a few cents out of every dollar donated with the Republicans.
Wayne’s a fat [bleep] that uses scare tactics to fund his lavish lifestyle off working class folks. He’s Jim Baker with guns instead of god.
I've heard of them. I've also heard of all the gun control bills they helped write or were otherwise complicit in.
Originally Posted by Stophel
I've heard of them. I've also heard of all the gun control bills they helped write or were otherwise complicit in.

You are fixing to find out you are better off without em. I’m sure you’ll realize it as soon as the Democrats make your azz bleed grin

Here to laughing at your bleeding azz.
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap
NRA?
I’ve heard of them!
But, I Haven’t seen them in a while!

Keith, they send out a monthly magazine with paper so slick and shiny that you can’t even use it for toilet paper during this new round of shortages.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Originally Posted by whackem_stackem

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yep! Pretty well sums it up.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Free bump
Originally Posted by watch4bear
Free bump

Bear, what did the NRA do to advance Trump’s chances in the elections.

What did they do for gun owners across the board?

What publicly visible effort did they extend to the Republican Party?
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Keith, they send out a monthly magazine with paper so slick and shiny that you can’t even use it for toilet paper during this new round of shortages.

And that's a shame, because that's all it is useful for any more.
I usually only hear from them when they want me to renew my membership or when they are trying to panic me into sending money ... when ol' Wayne needs a new suit or something.
The NRA was bought off or blackmailed by the left over the last few years. If midway even try to round up my order a penny I take it off.

Bb
Free bump

Bear, what did the NRA do to advance Trump’s chances in the elections.

What did they do for gun owners across the board?

What publicly visible effort did they extend to the Republican Party?

My point exactly, and Donald Trump Jr. proudly travels the word hunting and promoting the shooting sports, WTF !
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The NRA was bought off or blackmailed by the left over the last few years. If midway even try to round up my order a penny I take it off.

Bb

I have no doubt that Soros, via the NY atty gen, did buy the gang out or face getting prosecuted,

Jmo
what did the NRA do to advance Trump’s chances in the elections.

you mean like that time they were trumps biggest super pac? Giving him more money than the republicans did?

That time they gave 58 million dollars to elect trump and pro gun senators?

That time?

This time, ya'll made sure that wouldn't happen grin You fellas give each other a reach round ya hear. I suspect their will be a lot of future demand for azz tampons. Of course I'll be right here telling you when to insert them. wink

watch4bear: Why didn't the NRA at least spend a few million trying to elect Trump and hold the senate?
what did the NRA do to advance Trump’s chances in the elections.

you mean like that time they were trumps biggest super pac? Giving him more money than the republicans did?

That time they gave 58 million dollars to elect trump and pro gun senators?

That time?

This time, ya'll made sure that wouldn't happen grin You fellas give each other a reach round ya hear. I suspect their will be a lot of future demand for azz tampons. Of course I'll be right here telling you when to insert them. wink

Crazy nra didn’t spend a dime Republicans gained seats in the house.. only lost one senate seat and no amount of money was going help mcsally.. You keep saying the nra was going to magically help trump beat voter fraud by donating money to his cause give me a break. You must live in meadows lake to think the NRA would’ve helped..
Funny, the same guys bitching about not hearing from the NRA , are the same guys that were bitching about receiving all the "junk-mail" from the NRA. You can't have it both ways.

NRA....Not Reputable Anymore! memtb
Originally Posted by Allen917
Funny, the same guys bitching about not hearing from the NRA , are the same guys that were bitching about receiving all the "junk-mail" from the NRA. You can't have it both ways.

Life member and benefactor here.

You?

Are you happy with the present status of the NRA ?
Originally Posted by memtb

NRA....Not Reputable Anymore! memtb

That’s got legs for sure.
Originally Posted by Hastings
watch4bear: Why didn't the NRA at least spend a few million trying to elect Trump and hold the senate?

That was and is the question.

2020, the year of the coup and done with a blithering idiot as the democrat candidate,
I get NRA (never repeal anything) emails trying to sell insurance

Ha ha ha ha ... good one; that’s going to leave a mark grin
Think azz tampon California Kid grin
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post
@ Watch4WLP Yes, I've heard of them. They ushered in gun control. What was their stance on 68 GCA again? Mulford act? Bump stocks? Don't play cute, just answer.
Kissies
I’m a lifetime NRA member. I continue to support local and national pro 2A groups but won’t contribute to the NRA until they get things squared away. At minimum Wayne needs to go for the good of the organization. A restructuring of the board and how the organization is run would be best.
When my son was 10 or 11 I took him to a pheasant shoot at a preserve that the NRA paid for the birds. Lot’s of kids having fun and promoters on hand to talk safety and ethics for a few minutes before going to the fields. Promoting the shooting sports and educational events for youth, and new shooters along with campaign money to real 2a supporters and holding there feet to the fire rather than a rubber stamp “A” rating to every Republican would be a great start. And for gods sakes get rid of the Chinese made cheep trinkets. Even as a marketing strategy it devalues and cheapens what it means to be pro NRA and pro 2A.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
@ Watch4WLP Yes, I've heard of them. They ushered in gun control. What was their stance on 68 GCA again? Mulford act? Bump stocks? Don't play cute, just answer.

I think good people can disagree. The 2A should never be compromised or negotiated. That’s my view. The NRA has negotiated when they felt that they had to either negotiate and minimize the damage or take a zero compromise stance to the point that the NRA would have been a liability and political poison even to the politicians on the right. So they they negotiated and did damage control. I don’t like it. I don’t agree with it but I understand the reasoning and if they hadn’t negotiated we’d have more gun control today.
The NRA isn’t running around asking for gun control. They will and have agreed to some gun control to limit the damage. That’s a world different from promoting it.
The NRA never had to negotiate or compromise, it was advantageous to their coffers to do so.

Them saying they had to is pure propaganda to get more money from us the gullible gun owning 2nd Amendment loving public..

BTW, I too am a life member
In the Life Insurance business, right?

Life member here too.. frown
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’m a lifetime NRA member. I continue to support local and national pro 2A groups but won’t contribute to the NRA until they get things squared away. At minimum Wayne needs to go for the good of the organization. A restructuring of the board and how the organization is run would be best.
When my son was 10 or 11 I took him to a pheasant shoot at a preserve that the NRA paid for the birds. Lot’s of kids having fun and promoters on hand to talk safety and ethics for a few minutes before going to the fields. Promoting the shooting sports and educational events for youth, and new shooters along with campaign money to real 2a supporters and holding there feet to the fire rather than a rubber stamp “A” rating to every Republican would be a great start. And for gods sakes get rid of the Chinese made cheep trinkets. Even as a marketing strategy it devalues and cheapens what it means to be pro NRA and pro 2A.

I agree 100%, I don't need a Chinese made knife !

How many kids could we get bird hunting for what king Wayne spends in Africa ?
I’m a life member as well, told them won’t donate cash as long as WLPis running the show.
You guys really showed Wayne and his Chinese knives.

Well done (no pun intended) laugh
Our NRA just held the annual meeting in Tucson Arizona. Last year about 80,000 members attended. I signed up in plenty of time to go this year and was told it was already at capacity. There has been a strange silence about the meeting and a strange silence from NRA about the election. I saw not one ad for pro 2nd amendment candidates. What is going on? Are they stealing every last penny before they scuttle the ship?
Originally Posted by Hastings
Our NRA just held the annual meeting in Tucson Arizona. Last year about 80,000 members attended. I signed up in plenty of time to go this year and was told it was already at capacity. There has been a strange silence about the meeting and a strange silence from NRA about the election. I saw not one ad for pro 2nd amendment candidates. What is going on? Are they stealing every last penny before they scuttle the ship?

Anyone remember "The Varmint Hunter" all was well, right up until it wasn't !

The only thing missing is a Hillary / Wayne love child .......WTF!
Maybe the NRA couldn't dump millions into the election because a bunch of the sheeple membership quit supporting them in response to fake news and media attacks on them. You played right into the hands of the Dems!
They are not near perfect, and better get their act together to survive. They know what they have to do to recoup... yet they still need to accomplish it.
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
Maybe the NRA couldn't dump millions into the election because a bunch of the sheeple membership quit supporting them in response to fake news and media attacks on them. You played right into the hands of the Dems!
They are not near perfect, and better get their act together to survive. They know what they have to do to recoup... yet they still need to accomplish it.

Any injury to the NRA is self inflicted.

They should have stepped back, and fixed things when they started to lose their membership base. I mean, really fix what was broken.

Had they done that, the NRA today would have unprecidented support from more members than they ever had.

But they didn't.
Didn’t the NRA also have a Russia problem during the 2016 election ?

The US senate headed by the GOP called the NRA a “foreign asset” in this report, on their conduct in the 2016 election.

https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/...ation%20Became%20a%20Foreign%20Asset.pdf
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Any injury to the NRA is self inflicted.

They should have stepped back, and fixed things when they started to lose their membership base. I mean, really fix what was broken.

Had they done that, the NRA today would have unprecidented support from more members than they ever had.

But they didn't.

This is so true. No time in history has there been more of a desire for a strong pro 2nd amendment organization.
The nra ran a [bleep] of ads in Colorado for Cory Gardner. He lost.
NRA contributions are way down but they could have at least done some advertising for pro 2nd amendment candidates. The NRA still took in millions and held the annual convention in some backwater venue that allowed only select attendees instead of the 80K that usually come. And there were basically no political ads or spending. What the heck is going on with the money we still take in?
Originally Posted by dassa
The nra ran a [bleep] of ads in Colorado for Cory Gardner. He lost.

That makes it one in a row.

I think good people can disagree. The 2A should never be compromised or negotiated. That’s my view. The NRA has negotiated when they felt that they had to either negotiate and minimize the damage or take a zero compromise stance to the point that the NRA would have been a liability and political poison even to the politicians on the right. So they they negotiated and did damage control. I don’t like it. I don’t agree with it but I understand the reasoning and if they hadn’t negotiated we’d have more gun control today.
The NRA isn’t running around asking for gun control. They will and have agreed to some gun control to limit the damage. That’s a world different from promoting it.

The actual history is that the NRA requested some of it. It wasn't compromise. That said, I have been an NRA member most of my adult life. They need reformed and WLP needs to go, if for no other reason than he has lost the confidence of the members.
You guys really showed Wayne and his Chinese knives.

Well done (no pun intended) laugh

Too painful for you to answer the question? You can still love your WLP blowup doll.
I am a Benefactor Member (which really means a Life Member who gave them about $300 when they dropped the buy in to raise money.)

I have contributed otherwise in the past, but I am reluctant to do so. WLP's reported compensation is appalling to me. If reports are not accurate, then the organization needs to confront issues directly, and fix what is broken.

All I got from them lately in the form of political action was some postcards giving candidate ratings. I don't recall much, if anything, else.

IMO, rockinbbar is correct that people would return to them in droves if they made substantial changes.

Life member and benefactor here.

You?

Are you happy with the present status of the NRA ?

Nope. I hope it dies.

Assuming you are not another marxist troll......you should attempt to do a little homework pertaining to the many years of waste and the unbridled misuse of member’s money! Once you’ve completed your research, you may take a different view! memtb

I tend to disagree. Negotiating and compromising implies that you get something in return. The NRA just slowly gives thing up. For example--after the Las Vegas shooting the big antigun buzzword was "bumpfire stocks". They were evil and needed to be banned. While I don't agree, I also think they are pretty much useless. So instead of just giving them up, like they did, they should've horsetraded and gotten something back like National Reciprocity or the Hearing Protection Act. Those would affect many more gun owners, and in a good way. But they didn't...
If you're going to lose something anyway, get something back.
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I tend to disagree. Negotiating and compromising implies that you get something in return. The NRA just slowly gives thing up. For example--after the Las Vegas shooting the big antigun buzzword was "bumpfire stocks". They were evil and needed to be banned. While I don't agree, I also think they are pretty much useless. So instead of just giving them up, like they did, they should've horsetraded and gotten something back like National Reciprocity or the Hearing Protection Act. Those would affect many more gun owners, and in a good way. But they didn't...
If you're going to lose something anyway, get something back.

Don't go talking sense around here. This is the irrationality forum.
© 24hourcampfire