Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
I’m a lifetime NRA member. I continue to support local and national pro 2A groups but won’t contribute to the NRA until they get things squared away. At minimum Wayne needs to go for the good of the organization. A restructuring of the board and how the organization is run would be best.
When my son was 10 or 11 I took him to a pheasant shoot at a preserve that the NRA paid for the birds. Lot’s of kids having fun and promoters on hand to talk safety and ethics for a few minutes before going to the fields. Promoting the shooting sports and educational events for youth, and new shooters along with campaign money to real 2a supporters and holding there feet to the fire rather than a rubber stamp “A” rating to every Republican would be a great start. And for gods sakes get rid of the Chinese made cheep trinkets. Even as a marketing strategy it devalues and cheapens what it means to be pro NRA and pro 2A.

I agree 100%, I don't need a Chinese made knife !

How many kids could we get bird hunting for what king Wayne spends in Africa ?

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’m a life member as well, told them won’t donate cash as long as WLPis running the show.

Last edited by 79S; 11/23/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You guys really showed Wayne and his Chinese knives.

Well done (no pun intended) laugh

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Our NRA just held the annual meeting in Tucson Arizona. Last year about 80,000 members attended. I signed up in plenty of time to go this year and was told it was already at capacity. There has been a strange silence about the meeting and a strange silence from NRA about the election. I saw not one ad for pro 2nd amendment candidates. What is going on? Are they stealing every last penny before they scuttle the ship?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Hastings
Our NRA just held the annual meeting in Tucson Arizona. Last year about 80,000 members attended. I signed up in plenty of time to go this year and was told it was already at capacity. There has been a strange silence about the meeting and a strange silence from NRA about the election. I saw not one ad for pro 2nd amendment candidates. What is going on? Are they stealing every last penny before they scuttle the ship?

Anyone remember "The Varmint Hunter" all was well, right up until it wasn't !

The only thing missing is a Hillary / Wayne love child .......WTF!

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Maybe the NRA couldn't dump millions into the election because a bunch of the sheeple membership quit supporting them in response to fake news and media attacks on them. You played right into the hands of the Dems!
They are not near perfect, and better get their act together to survive. They know what they have to do to recoup... yet they still need to accomplish it.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
Maybe the NRA couldn't dump millions into the election because a bunch of the sheeple membership quit supporting them in response to fake news and media attacks on them. You played right into the hands of the Dems!
They are not near perfect, and better get their act together to survive. They know what they have to do to recoup... yet they still need to accomplish it.

Any injury to the NRA is self inflicted.

They should have stepped back, and fixed things when they started to lose their membership base. I mean, really fix what was broken.

Had they done that, the NRA today would have unprecidented support from more members than they ever had.

But they didn't.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Didn’t the NRA also have a Russia problem during the 2016 election ?

The US senate headed by the GOP called the NRA a “foreign asset” in this report, on their conduct in the 2016 election.

https://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/...ation%20Became%20a%20Foreign%20Asset.pdf

Grandpa fought Fascists in WWII, Dad fought Communists in Vietnam. - American is meant for the middle.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Any injury to the NRA is self inflicted.

They should have stepped back, and fixed things when they started to lose their membership base. I mean, really fix what was broken.

Had they done that, the NRA today would have unprecidented support from more members than they ever had.

But they didn't.

This is so true. No time in history has there been more of a desire for a strong pro 2nd amendment organization.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The nra ran a [bleep] of ads in Colorado for Cory Gardner. He lost.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
NRA contributions are way down but they could have at least done some advertising for pro 2nd amendment candidates. The NRA still took in millions and held the annual convention in some backwater venue that allowed only select attendees instead of the 80K that usually come. And there were basically no political ads or spending. What the heck is going on with the money we still take in?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by dassa
The nra ran a [bleep] of ads in Colorado for Cory Gardner. He lost.

That makes it one in a row.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
@ Watch4WLP Yes, I've heard of them. They ushered in gun control. What was their stance on 68 GCA again? Mulford act? Bump stocks? Don't play cute, just answer.

I think good people can disagree. The 2A should never be compromised or negotiated. That’s my view. The NRA has negotiated when they felt that they had to either negotiate and minimize the damage or take a zero compromise stance to the point that the NRA would have been a liability and political poison even to the politicians on the right. So they they negotiated and did damage control. I don’t like it. I don’t agree with it but I understand the reasoning and if they hadn’t negotiated we’d have more gun control today.
The NRA isn’t running around asking for gun control. They will and have agreed to some gun control to limit the damage. That’s a world different from promoting it.

The actual history is that the NRA requested some of it. It wasn't compromise. That said, I have been an NRA member most of my adult life. They need reformed and WLP needs to go, if for no other reason than he has lost the confidence of the members.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
You guys really showed Wayne and his Chinese knives.

Well done (no pun intended) laugh

Too painful for you to answer the question? You can still love your WLP blowup doll.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I am a Benefactor Member (which really means a Life Member who gave them about $300 when they dropped the buy in to raise money.)

I have contributed otherwise in the past, but I am reluctant to do so. WLP's reported compensation is appalling to me. If reports are not accurate, then the organization needs to confront issues directly, and fix what is broken.

All I got from them lately in the form of political action was some postcards giving candidate ratings. I don't recall much, if anything, else.

IMO, rockinbbar is correct that people would return to them in droves if they made substantial changes.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by Allen917
Funny, the same guys bitching about not hearing from the NRA , are the same guys that were bitching about receiving all the "junk-mail" from the NRA. You can't have it both ways.

Life member and benefactor here.

You?

Are you happy with the present status of the NRA ?

Nope. I hope it dies.

The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport. Saxton Pope
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Assuming you are not another marxist troll......you should attempt to do a little homework pertaining to the many years of waste and the unbridled misuse of member’s money! Once you’ve completed your research, you may take a different view! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
@ Watch4WLP Yes, I've heard of them. They ushered in gun control. What was their stance on 68 GCA again? Mulford act? Bump stocks? Don't play cute, just answer.

I think good people can disagree. The 2A should never be compromised or negotiated. That’s my view. The NRA has negotiated when they felt that they had to either negotiate and minimize the damage or take a zero compromise stance to the point that the NRA would have been a liability and political poison even to the politicians on the right. So they they negotiated and did damage control. I don’t like it. I don’t agree with it but I understand the reasoning and if they hadn’t negotiated we’d have more gun control today.
The NRA isn’t running around asking for gun control. They will and have agreed to some gun control to limit the damage. That’s a world different from promoting it.
I tend to disagree. Negotiating and compromising implies that you get something in return. The NRA just slowly gives thing up. For example--after the Las Vegas shooting the big antigun buzzword was "bumpfire stocks". They were evil and needed to be banned. While I don't agree, I also think they are pretty much useless. So instead of just giving them up, like they did, they should've horsetraded and gotten something back like National Reciprocity or the Hearing Protection Act. Those would affect many more gun owners, and in a good way. But they didn't...
If you're going to lose something anyway, get something back.

Last edited by UPhiker; 11/24/20.
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by UPhiker

I tend to disagree. Negotiating and compromising implies that you get something in return. The NRA just slowly gives thing up. For example--after the Las Vegas shooting the big antigun buzzword was "bumpfire stocks". They were evil and needed to be banned. While I don't agree, I also think they are pretty much useless. So instead of just giving them up, like they did, they should've horsetraded and gotten something back like National Reciprocity or the Hearing Protection Act. Those would affect many more gun owners, and in a good way. But they didn't...
If you're going to lose something anyway, get something back.

Don't go talking sense around here. This is the irrationality forum.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

500 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 46 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 1,234 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,053
Posts18,521,302
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.