Home
I'd be damned tempted to move there, if for nothing else, to have that governor.
I'd like to have that gov'nor as well.
The northern part is cold. Hot Springs area wouldn't be bad at all.
I’m used to the the cold. I’d move to South Dakota in a heartbeat if not for my kids being at my current location. The pheasant hunting is great in the eastern half and the scenery is tough to beat in the western half of the state.
It was that very same cold that caused my folks to pull up stakes and hightail it out of that part of the country over sixty years ago. Judging from what I now see here, I would gladly move back.

Cold weather be damned.
I am considering moving there as well.......for many of the same reasons already listed.....but don't forget, they also have some of the best Walleye fishing in the world!
Y'all didn't hear? We're plumb full up of folks. Montana is where it's at!
There are far worse places for cold winters than the Black Hills of South Dakota. I've lived in some of them....
Saw on the news just now that SD is the number one hot spot per capita in the world right for C19. I'd wait a few months. Some good property might be available soon.

I hear the snow drifts are a bitch.

Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Y'all didn't hear? We're plumb full up of folks. Montana is where it's at!

That's Colorado for the move to spot, not Montana or Wyoming. We're too cold and windy.
Wife and I seriously considering moving there when we retire, we live in southern tier of ny so the cold is no biggie.
Just get used to it, folks live in colder places.
The wind would take some getting used to.

-Jake
When your hat blows off, you don't chaise it, just grab the next one rolling by. laugh
If it was not so cold we could not have our wonderful blizzards. If it wasn't so cold we wouldn't be able to ice fish. if it wasn't so cold covid would not be spreading s fast. All the while- God is not dead. Universal truth.
Originally Posted by Gibby
Saw on the news just now that SD is the number one hot spot per capita in the world right for C19. I'd wait a few months. Some good property might be available soon.

If this is the worst Covid in the world I’ll gladly stay here. In 9 months I’ve known maybe a dozen who have had it. None died, some said they’ve been much sicker with the flu than the vid, a couple didn’t know they had it until tested. I think it’s a manufactured backlash by the media against our vocal governor.
Originally Posted by Gibby

That was a bullschit hit piece on the state and on the governor. And it is not true. I think there is one metric that has SD up there, maybe the rate of increase or something like that.
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
I'd be damned tempted to move there, if for nothing else, to have that governor.
It can be bitter cold one day and nearly 70F the next.. I'll take that any day.. And I will as soon as wife retires in 2+ years.. smile
The numbers can’t be trusted, just like votes. I know a nurse that works for Indian Health Services on one of the reservations. The same people are being tested over and over, sometimes on the same day following from one town to the next. Lots of false positives, almost every test comes back positive, even the few they slip in that never were used. Every day life is about 95% normal for most folks even though the mask frenzy is kicking in now.
Nice winter county in South Dakota.

They do get a mean storm once in a while though.
Originally Posted by 19352012
The northern part is cold. Hot Springs area wouldn't be bad at all.

Lived there for 5 yrs., and you are right. Shhhh
Ya you guys need to be in South Dakota. It’s way warmer than it is here in North Dakota. Some try it here from warmer places but usually don’t make the year. Edk
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
The numbers can’t be trusted, just like votes. I know a nurse that works for Indian Health Services on one of the reservations. The same people are being tested over and over, sometimes on the same day following from one town to the next. Lots of false positives, almost every test comes back positive, even the few they slip in that never were used. Every day life is about 95% normal for most folks even though the mask frenzy is kicking in now.

Not in my case, I tested negative. Should I believe the test?
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Nice winter county in South Dakota.

They do get a mean storm once in a while though.
...and hail the size of baseballs.. eek I've seen 'em..
Originally Posted by Hunterapp

Not in my case, I tested negative. Should I believe the test?

If you aren’t sick why would you doubt it?
"A couple of weeks of twenty below keeps the riff raff out." -- BK's grandma, c. 1985
Originally Posted by BKinSD
"A couple of weeks of twenty below keeps the riff raff out." -- BK's grandma, c. 1985

With that ever present prairie wind. LOL That wind can get to you.

The governor is a moron. It's one thing to leave your state wide open, allowing people to assume risk as they see fit. But to assert that protective measures don't work is plain damn dumb.
It does get to people, quickly. Unforgiving. Since cell phones arrived, this doesn't happen so much anymore, but annually people would have car trouble or get stuck, and simply perish. Either in their car, or walking to get assistance, and just not make it.
Then there are those tribal check points. WTF!

https://covid.sd.gov/tribal-checkpoints.aspx
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The governor is a moron. It's one thing to leave your state wide open, allowing people to assume risk as they see fit. But to assert that protective measures don't work is plain damn dumb.

Other than basic common sense and washing your hands what REALISTIC protective measures work? Mask don’t work.
I had strong thoughts about moving to the Sturgis, Rapid City area once upon a time. With all the shooting related manufacturers in the area I could've surely found interesting employment. The hunting, long range shooting opportunities. Prairie Dogs. Some of the most scenic motorcycle riding you could ask for.

Then I saw a snow plow as big as my house. My relocation thoughts vanished in a milli-second.
From my standpoint, I think people are relying on masks when keeping their distance is more appropriate but then again, we can keep our distance here, and I like it that way. There's some people around with Covid, to be sure, some are getting hit harder than others, and I hate to be so fatalistic about it but that's how a virus works. Can't put it back in the bottle, no matter how hard you might try. Took decades to get arms around small pox and polio, we still haven't cured the common cold, and Coronavirus is something we have to learn to live with.
Originally Posted by gunzo
I had strong thoughts about moving to the Sturgis, Rapid City area once upon a time. With all the shooting related manufacturers in the area I could've surely found interesting employment. The hunting, long range shooting opportunities. Prairie Dogs. Some of the most scenic motorcycle riding you could ask for.

Then I saw a snow plow as big as my house. My relocation thoughts vanished in a milli-second.

This. SO MUCH THIS. All of you should think that way about such a move. Stay where you are. Shelter in place. Fix your own state's problems.
Originally Posted by OldHat
Then there are those tribal check points. WTF!

https://covid.sd.gov/tribal-checkpoints.aspx

Tribal checkpoints...yeesh. So obviously ineffective. I saw one in Montana earlier this month staffed by at least a dozen people, standing around with no traffic to speak of. A full employment measure, rather than a public health measure.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76

Other than basic common sense and washing your hands what REALISTIC protective measures work? Mask don’t work.

Are you telling me that a mask cannot stop some of the virus from a positive person from escaping the mouth and nose?
If it does not stop it all, it is a failure.
Plus, what standards for masks? Type, single/multiple use, washings? Covers face, mouth, nose, how much? There are no GD standards applied, zero. Its so obviously a ploy for control.
No, no, no
South Dakota is cold and windy in the winter, hot with hail and tornadoes in the summer. Much better places to live!

I like our Governor, I disagree with her less than most politicians...... cool

Are you telling me that a mask cannot stop some of the virus from a positive person from escaping the mouth and nose?

What he's saying, is that even the CDC states that mask usage does not seem to have any impact statistically on the rate the disease spreads. On an individual by individual basis, there might be some validity to it, but those instances get lost in the mass of infections by other means.

Second, unless the mask wearer is coughing and sneezing large droplets - then a mask does nothing. Not one dang thing. You see someone coughing and sneezing while out shopping - just stay the heck away from them. Done.

You just cant help yourself can you?

Open suckhole, insert cleat...
Originally Posted by CRS
No, no, no
South Dakota is cold and windy in the winter, hot with hail and tornadoes in the summer. Much better places to live!

I like our Governor, I disagree with her less than most politicians...... cool

And no freakin trees! Who in their right mind would want to live where the trees look like scruffy bushes!

I like her too.
Originally Posted by WTM45

No it is not. There are several other factors at play. The rule of the odds says that the more pathogen that is deposited into the environment, the more likely likely you are to encounter it. Then, recent research is showing that the viral load has much to do with the severity of the illness. Add a face covering to the would be recipient, and a more of the pathogen can be trapped before making it into their body.

Okay Rachel.
Correct in the practical sense.

The mask that I see most people wearing, the ear loop mask that’s white on one side and blue on the other. My employer buys them by the case and mandates there use to gain entry into the building despite the box they come in saying “Warning this is an ear loop mask it is not a respirator. And It Will Not Provide Any Protection Against COVID-19 Or Any Other Virus.”

The mask say right on the box that they ship in that they do not protect against Covid or any other virus. Even if you were to believe that the mask could filter out the virus which it can’t it would still require perfect mask procedures and hygiene to be effective.

People using the same mask for a day or more at a time without washing it, kids with runny noses and mask on, people touching the contaminated, warm, humid, human breath covered mask with bare hands and then touching anything else, people sitting those mask on dashboards, in purses ect. resulting cross contamination of anything else. When you factor all of that in and that the mask can’t stop micro germs to begin with mask are absolutely worthless short of a full on proper biohazard gear and then following the proper procedures
From my standpoint, I think people are relying on masks when keeping their distance is more appropriate but then again, we can keep our distance here, and I like it that way. There's some people around with Covid, to be sure, some are getting hit harder than others, and I hate to be so fatalistic about it but that's how a virus works. Can't put it back in the bottle, no matter how hard you might try. Took decades to get arms around small pox and polio, we still haven't cured the common cold, and Coronavirus is something we have to learn to live with.

Masks or Face coverings are held up by some as being a panacea. They are not. They are a tool in what should be a cocktail of protective measures.
Originally Posted by kroo88

Okay Rachel.

That's the kind of substantive response I'd expect from most here. Just think of all of the mental gymnastics you'd have to do to explain this away! https://www.npr.org/2020/11/20/9368...nors-and-very-different-covid-19-results
Yeah....like not wearing a seat belt but making sure your windows are rolled up in case of a rollover.
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy

You just cant help yourself can you?

Open suckhole, insert cleat...

Another quality response from the brain dead masses!
Hey mask man, if me not wearing a mask means I catch a very mild illness (covid 19) then so be it.

It's not Ebola and it's not killing even 1% of the people that have it.

Grow a pair.
Hey mask man, if me not wearing a mask means I catch a very mild illness (covid 19) then so be it.

Grow a pair.

He’s been repeatedly told that since George Floyd.

yep

[Linked Image from saraacarter.com]
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

What he's saying, is that even the CDC states that mask usage does not seem to have any impact statistically on the rate the disease spreads. On an individual by individual basis, there might be some validity to it, but those instances get lost in the mass of infections by other means.

Second, unless the mask wearer is coughing and sneezing large droplets - then a mask does nothing. Not one dang thing. You see someone coughing and sneezing while out shopping - just stay the heck away from them. Done.

I typically peel my mask off when I walk outside. Every now and then I leave it on. I have noticed that it gets moist on the inside. Are you telling me that science says that none of that moisture would contain pathogens if I was positive?
Hahaha!

Any difference in demographics there Paul?

If you think a see through piece of fabric that is constantly messed with all the time is effective PPE...

.well....turn NPR back on.

Grow a pair.

He’s been repeatedly told that since George Floyd.

You know saint floyd had covid....must've been one of those "super spreaders" CNN keeps whining about...
Hahaha!

If you think a see through piece of fabric that is constantly messed with all the time is effective PPE...

Jim, be nice.

Paul has an estrogen issue.

Grow a pair.

You remain severely contextually challenged. I have not rendered a value judgement on what any individual or government representative should do. I am speaking only to the facts. The facts are that face coverings can stop some of the pathogen from leaving a person and entering the environment.
Hahaha!

What demographic explains the stark difference between the two states?

Grow a pair.

You remain severely contextually challenged. I have not rendered a value judgement on what any individual or government representative should do. I am speaking only to the facts. The facts are that face coverings can stop some of the pathogen from leaving a person and entering the environment.

And the wheel-spinnin’ goes on.
Here’s the Covid numbers for SD percentage wise, inflated they may be.
Less than 1% of the population has tested positive.
Less than 00.10% of the population has died from it.
Approximately 50% of the deaths have been nursing home residents.

Grow a pair.

And the wheel-spinnin’ goes on.

Indeed it does, as is evidenced by your substance free post.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

yep

Wow! I heard she hunts too.

Holy fu ck!

That governor otta’ be jailed!

Yeah....like not wearing a seat belt but making sure your windows are rolled up in case of a rollover.

I hold onto the steering wheel really tight.

I am sure that factors in to why the governor has left the state open. It has nothing to do with her being wrong in asserting that protective measures don't work.
Is there several Pine Ridge Reservations in Vermont?

I am sure that factors in to why the governor has left the state open. It has nothing to do with her being wrong in asserting that protective measures don't work.

Why do I picture a jock-strap around your head as I read this?

See? You should be fine.

Why do I picture a jock-strap around your head as I read this?

Because you like to fantasize about cock and balls?

Pretty sure there is only one Pine Ridge in SD. Could be wrong.

See? You should be fine.

That's what I keep telling my wife!
It’s hard to restrict interstate travel, people just weren’t staying home.
From March on I saw motor homes and tourists from practically every state in the union, bringing their disease with them.
Border checkpoints? I don’t think that would fly.
It’s a virus, sooner or later we are all going to be exposed.

Pretty sure there is only one Pine Ridge in SD. Could be wrong.

Well...because states are absolutely identical in every way...the only thing differing is of course the Governor...there is an absolutely iron clad NPR correlation between Governor and covid.

Iron clad.

Just like Montana is exactly the same as Illinois.
Paul, playing it safe.....

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/img]
You tards are hilariously predictable in conflating two different issues. I knew with my first post that you'd take to the pounding the keyboard with spittle flying from your gaping mouths.

There are two issues at play. The reasonableness of of protective measures and the efficacy of protective measures. The SD governor said masks don't work. They absolutely do in a number of ways. They are not 100% effective in keeping COVID pathogens from leaving the wearers body and entering the environment, but they do stop some. She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Protective measure work with varying degrees of efficacy. Arguing otherwise is plain damn dumb. The SD governor is a moron for arguing that they don't work. If she argued that they are unreasonable given the overall threat and that she prefers that her citizens make their own choices, she'd have agreement from me.

Masks or Face coverings are held up by some as being a panacea. They are not. They are a tool in what should be a cocktail of protective measures.

Does this mean your vagina is safe because you wear stretch pants?
Yes...masks are effective at getting people to believe they are helping.

They are also effective at getting people to social distance less....touch their face more...and generally act like a one person super spreader.

Paul.....do you think the person at Subway is properly using PPE when they make your tofu on whole wheat?

No it is not. There are several other factors at play. The rule of the odds says that the more pathogen that is deposited into the environment, the more likely likely you are to encounter it. Then, recent research is showing that the viral load has much to do with the severity of the illness. Add a face covering to the would be recipient, and a more of the pathogen can be trapped before making it into their body.

It only takes ONE phoockin cell to infect.
How the phluck do you quantify something that is less than one micron being blocked by masks that can't block even size four microns?
And no protection for eyes, ears or other parts of the anatomy?
Shooting BB's through chain link fences.

Stop drinking the coolaid.

How the phluck do you quantify something that is less than one micron being blocked by masks that can't block even size four microns?

Is that one micron particle leaving the body as an independent particle or is it attached to larger vapor particles?

Is that one micron particle leaving the body as an independent particle or is it attached to larger vapor particles?

Matters not one damn bit.
And that is proved science.
Have you exhaled through your super effective mask at zero degrees Fahrenheit?
Across the state, there are many who wear masks, there are many who don't. The Governor in this state lacks the authority to make me or anyone wear a mask. That might or might not be true elsewhere, I suspect in Louisiana it doesn't matter, but here it does. If you don't like it, then don't visit.

The Governor's press office is in a running pissing contest with the prima donna at the largest CBS affiliate in the state. Hence, CBS New York now has the Gov in their sights.The media at work.For what its worth.
You tards are hilariously predictable in conflating two different issues. I knew with my first post that you'd take to the pounding the keyboard with spittle flying from your gaping mouths.

There are two issues at play. The reasonableness of of protective measures and the efficacy of protective measures. The SD governor said masks don't work. They absolutely do in a number of ways. They are not 100% effective in keeping COVID pathogens from leaving the wearers body and entering the environment, but they do stop some. She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Protective measure work with varying degrees of efficacy. Arguing otherwise is plain damn dumb. The SD governor is a moron for arguing that they don't work. If she argued that they are unreasonable given the overall threat and that she prefers that her citizens make their own choices, she'd have agreement from me.

I think you’re a good guy Paul, it’s your perception that I think is wrong on this.

Do business shutdowns work. Sure if you shutdown every single last business and force people to not leave home and do so on a national level or completely wall off the state. That’s not remotely possible. So in the practical sense business shutdowns (a few selective businesses) while everything else is open and people come and go from there homes daily has no real or practical effect. The Governor is correct.

As I posted before the most common ear loop mask says that it does not protect against Covid or any other virus right on the box. And as I and others have said a see through piece of fabric handled the way most people handle them ie touching them, cross contaminating dashboards, purses ect with the mask and then there own hands either directly by touching the mask or indirectly by touching other things that the mask has came into contact with. We’ve had various shutdowns and mask mandates for months if it works then why is it still spreading? Have you ever seen someone suit up in real biohazard or germ warfare gear? It’s a lot more and a lot more technical than Joe public and the kids strapping a paper thin ear loop mask on.
If you don't like it, then don't visit.

Exactly. Stay home if you are worried about getting the infection. Let everyone else live normal lives.
Yes...masks are effective at getting people to believe they are helping.

They are also effective at getting people to social distance less....touch their face more...and generally act like a one person super spreader.

Paul.....do you think the person at Subway is properly using PPE when they make your tofu on whole wheat?

Truth

Great question. Observe someone exhaling through a KN95 in cold weather and someone with no face covering in cold weather. What you'll quickly see is that the KN95 traps some of the vapor particles. In an infected person, those vapor particles contain the pathogen. Fewer particles mean lower odds of contracting and lower viral load if the disease is contracted. It's truly amazing how that simple and irrefutable truth escapes so many. These videos illustrate the simple concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeYfUTA11s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tp0zB904Mc

You are a decimal point off on the tested positive information provided. Actually we are a little over 8% tested positive
& for what it is worth we are currently a little less than 2% active cases. Active cases were over 2% for a while though we are backing off

Exactly. Stay home if you are worried about getting the infection. Let everyone else live normal lives.

Agree.
She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Do you own and depend on a business for your livelihood?

Serious question.

Paul is the type that would like to see you arrested for your indiscretions.

A true believer in personal liberty wouldn’t even open up there yap about this sh it.
Oh, so its an 95 mask now? Haha!

What about a full on surgical mask? Or maybe a CBRN rated respirator?

How many of those are you seeing?

A tiny fraction maybe?
In the PPE world....you are either doing it correctly or you aren't.

There is no sorta okay. Or almost right.

You are a decimal point off on the tested positive information provided. Actually we are a little over 8% tested positive
& for what it is worth we are currently a little less than 2% active cases. Active cases were over 2% for a while though we are backing off

Your right on the tested positive, I was off a decimal point. But deaths are still less than one tenth of 1%. 885,000 people and we are at 850 deaths.

I think you’re a good guy Paul, it’s your perception that I think is wrong on this.

Do business shutdowns work. Sure if you shutdown every single last business and force people to not leave home and do so on a national level or completely wall off the state. That’s not remotely possible. So in the practical sense business shutdowns (a few selective businesses) while every thing else is open and people come and go from there homes daily has no real or practical effect. The Governor is right.

As I posted before the most common ear loop mask says that it does not protect against Covid or any other virus right on the box. And as I and others have said a see through piece of fabric handled the way most people handle them ie touching them, cross contaminating dashboards, purses ect with the mask and then there own hands either directly by touching the mask or indirectly by touching other things that the mask has came into contact with. We’ve had various shutdowns and mask mandates for months if it works then why is still spreading? Have you ever seen someone suit up in real biohazard or germ warfare gear? It’s a lot more and a lot more technical than Joe public and the kids strapping a paper thin ear loop mask on.

My perception is that a cocktail of protective measures can reduce the spread. For those who want to ignore the science behind this, there's enough anecdotal evidence to support it.

My personal opinion is that we should protect the most vulnerable among us. Simple things like stores being open for the first hour for vulnerable people first.

My personal opinion is that it is unhealthy to hold the mask up as a panacea and to eschew it as being worthless.

Great question. Observe someone exhaling through a KN95 in cold weather and someone with no face covering in cold weather. What you'll quickly see is that the KN95 traps some of the vapor particles. In an infected person, those vapor particles contain the pathogen. Fewer particles mean lower odds of contracting and lower viral load if the disease is contracted. It's truly amazing how that simple and irrefutable truth escapes so many. These videos illustrate the simple concept.

There is no such thing as "vapor particles". There is vapor and there are aerosols. They are very different. We don't exhale aerosols. We sneeze aerosols, but we exhale vapor. Vapor may condense given the correct conditions.

BTW Vapor is always sterile.

A true believer in personal liberty wouldn’t even open up there yap about this sh it.

You are another who is severely contextually challenged. Your binary thinking seems to be the order of the day for the tards around here though. I can acknowledge that protective measures can work with varying degrees of efficacy and believe in personal freedoms at the same time.

There is no such thing as "vapor particles". There is vapor and there are aerosols. They are very different. We don't exhale aerosols. We sneeze aerosols, but we exhale vapor. Vapor may condense given the correct conditions.

Semantics aside, how would you argue that the videos are wrong?
Where I take exception Paul.....is that "good intentions" often have serious consequences.

The whole "gosh...if it just helps a tiny bit..." view is dangerous and anti scientific.

What about the lack of social distancing while masked up? What about the constant touching and readjusting of a saturated mask?

You have people wearing latex gloves. Then they proceeded to touch everything humanly possible.....never bothering to wash or change gloves.

If you hang your hopes on lay people wearing any bullshit mask they can find to stop or slow the spread......well good luck.

PPE is effective...but only when used properly.

No one is doing that.

In fact....most hospitals are just now starting to do it properly. After knowing about germs for a few years now.

Semantics aside, how would you argue that the videos are wrong?

I suppose you think pulling out will stop the spread of AIDS?

Has to help.......right?

You are another who is severely contextually challenged. Your binary thinking seems to be the order of the day for the tards around here though. I can acknowledge that protective measures can work with varying degrees of efficacy and believe in personal freedoms at the same time.

Noem is a moron, and I’m one of the ‘tards around here.

We, morons and ‘tards, didn’t fall for the George Floyd or Covid-19 propaganda.

Noem is a moron, and I’m one of the ‘tards around here.

We, morons and ‘tards, didn’t fall for the George Floyd or Covid-19 propaganda.

I have to admire your unabashed embracing of your poor reading comprehension skills.
U guys have at ..I'm going to put Paul's bike helmet on me an the gov and have at it....mask fee zone ..
While I understand the failings and usefulness of masks, I'll take the Sweden and SD approach to this everytime and twice on Sunday.

To assert that she doesn't believe protective measures work is false. She herself will wear a mask when she believes it appropriate and has encouraged people to practice safe hygiene and avoid public gatherings. She does however refuse to mandate people not leave home or force people to wear masks. She will not destroy the states economy by shuttering industry.

This is the same bullschit narrative the media hung on Trump.

so you only catch it a little bit? ok. So as long as you wear a rubber most of the time you're ok. what color is the sky in your world? Science doesn't lie, 70% of those who tested positive wore masks all the time. if distancing and masks work why is it still spreading like wildfire everywhere. we've seen what it can and will do and how not lethal it is. time to buck up and live life rather than live in fear. prolonging it only makes it worse and allows for mutations and a drain on resources. it's not rocket surgery.
Originally Posted by Rooster7
She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Serious question.

I'm going to guess a state or federal employee. All his posts I come away with this thought...
Originally Posted by GregW

Serious question.

I'm going to guess a state or federal employee. All his posts I come away with this thought...

Retired Coastie. He's been open about it.

Shutting businesses is NOT the fugking answer. Mom and Pop and non-huge global or nationwide conglomerates that couldn't eat the losses are shuttering. It's criminal.

BTW I am not a business owner. If I were I'd be the brokest mofo on this board.

so you only catch it a little bit? ok. So as long as you wear a rubber most of the time you're ok. what color is the sky in your world? Science doesn't lie, 70% of those who tested positive wore masks all the time. if distancing and masks work why is it still spreading like wildfire everywhere. we've seen what it can and will do and how not lethal it is. time to buck up and live life rather than live in fear. prolonging it only makes it worse and allows for mutations and a drain on resources. it's not rocket surgery.

https://fee.org/articles/new-danish-study-finds-masks-don-t-protect-wearers-from-covid-infection/ Just sayin.

Serious question.

State and Federal employees are totally disconnected from economic realty. They are coddled and have no understanding of what it meas to compete.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Serious question.

Shutting businesses is NOT the fugking answer. Mom and Pop and non-huge global or nationwide conglomerates that couldn't eat the losses are shuttering. It's criminal.

Copy. So a retired state or federal employee. Connects a lotta dots...

yep

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yes she does!

And believes in personal freedom, and not the nanny state.

Anyone who wouldn't want her as their governor is the moron.

Serious question.

State and Federal employees are totally disconnected from economic realty. They are coddled and have no understanding of what it meas to compete.

One of the side effects, yes....
COVID is pretty effing contagious, and it's really infectious, too. If it ends up in a moist carrier, and hits new moist human fluid, then it's good until it hits antibodies. I think distancing is more important than masking, and it's also critical not to touch your hands to your face, especially your eyes, unless you've sanitized since the last thing you touched. COVID has enough latency that it doesn't die right away on a surface unless it's killed.

Again, it jumped on my Dad with both feet, and we were masked, wiped, distanced, temp-checked. At a gun show where not everyone was masked, and it was a livestock arena so kind of hard to "sanitize" the dirty mats on the floor or get rid of all the dust. So he's dead. I might have been infected at the show, too, because I was right there with him, or he might have infected me a week later when I had to drag him to the hospital (where they missed the diagnosis and sent him home after 8 hrs in the ER), but I had NO symptoms. Further, I had a week of meetings across Montana with a bunch of people and thank goodness, sickened nobody, which indicates that asymptomatic people probably don't spew much virus, although they might harbor some.

So, for more people, COVID is an annoyance at worst. But for those with any of the big five comorbids, I'm sorry, but the odds are you'll be facking sick at best and possibly dead before your time, or certainly dead if it IS your time. We don't have a vaccine, but whatever we can do to keep our precious bodily fluids to ourselves, the better. So, that's what I'm doing anyway although I've already had COVID and am long out of quarantine.
'

here's our new Gov.......on the left

at least he's a Republican

[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]
Catholic?

I think your avatar has gone to your head!

The real honest question is: Can a cloth mask stop enough of any virus to stop transmission? The answer is No. Not even debatable.
I get a laugh out of people who say Yeah But only like .000050900032% are dying. That's your standard? Didnt die so it's ok? You can ignore cancer then, hardly anyone dies from cancer. The average human has cancer 20 times in their lifetime, statistically speaking, people rarely die from cancer.

See? You should be fine.

On a related note, the popular country song “Jesus take the wheel” is properly “Haysuse take the wheel” referring to the Mexican in the front passenger seat.
So Jake; still wanting to move to SD after some of these intelligent type have made their, uhh, points? Not all, some.

Serious question.

That doesn't have schidt to do with my understanding of the science behind how COVID is transmitted. You too appear to be conflating two issues that I have clearly separated. I do not support government dictating when business can be open or not. That's government overreach. As someone who wants to minimize exposure to COVID, I would simply choose not to patronize a business that I feel like poses an undue risk of contracting COVID. See, two different issues. I support business and individual rights. I also understand how face coverings and business closures can reduce the risk of transmission. The SD governor is a moron for insisting they don't make any difference.
Yeah...but they don't.

In fact....they may harm.
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

The real honest question is: Can a cloth mask stop enough of any virus to stop transmission? The answer is No. Not even debatable.

Stop outright? No. Reduce the amount of pathogen released into the environment and thus reduce the odds of contraction and the viral load. An unequivocal yes.
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

yep

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yes she does!

And believes in personal freedom, and not the nanny state.

Anyone who wouldn't want her as their governor is the moron.

WOW! She looks nice now but was absolutely gorgeous in her prime!
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

We don't have a vaccine, but whatever we can do to keep our precious bodily fluids to ourselves, the better.
'

This is very difficult for some people.

Sorry to hear about your dad.

here's our new Gov.......on the left

at least he's a Republican

[Linked Image from cdn.vox-cdn.com]

Who's the guy on the right?

The average human has cancer 20 times in their lifetime, statistically speaking, people rarely die from cancer.

This is very hard to believe. Sorry.

The SD governor is a moron for insisting they don't make any difference.

Do you have a quote of exactly what she said?
Originally Posted by UncleAlps

Stop outright? No. Reduce the amount of pathogen released into the environment and thus reduce the odds of contraction and the viral load. An unequivocal yes.

12 Graphs show masks ineffective
Masks definitely give people a false sense of security. It does nothing to protect the wearer.

Normal breathing does not eject contaminated droplets.
Now you're just debating semantics. we're all going to be exposed, that's a fact. you're complaining about My governor who has done more to protect individual rights than any other governor in the nation during this covid shenanigans stuff. I tell you what, if you wanna move here and vote against her be my guest, there's plenty of your ilk in Sioux Falls I'm sure you'll fit right in. She is loved by a lot of people here because of her stance. it's one of defiance against everything that is tainting the american way as we know it and turning the rest of the country socialist. It sounds to me like you have a bone to pick when it comes to covid, I can't help you there. I hope you find peace.
Now you're just debating semantics. we're all going to be exposed, that's a fact. you're complaining about My governor who has done more to protect individual rights than any other governor in the nation during this covid shenanigans stuff. I tell you what, if you wanna move here and vote against her be my guest, there's plenty of your ilk in Sioux Falls I'm sure you'll fit right in. She is loved by a lot of people here because of her stance. it's one of defiance against everything that is tainting the american way as we know it and turning the rest of the country socialist. It sounds to me like you have a bone to pick when it comes to covid, I can't help you there. I hope you find peace.

She’s still a moron

#pantiessobunched

Serious question.

That doesn't have schidt to do with my understanding of the science behind how COVID is transmitted. You too appear to be conflating two issues that I have clearly separated. I do not support government dictating when business can be open or not. That's government overreach. As someone who wants to minimize exposure to COVID, I would simply choose not to patronize a business that I feel like poses an undue risk of contracting COVID. See, two different issues. I support business and individual rights. I also understand how face coverings and business closures can reduce the risk of transmission. The SD governor is a moron for insisting they don't make any difference.

Sooooo, this isn't science?

https://fee.org/articles/new-danish-study-finds-masks-don-t-protect-wearers-from-covid-infection/
Far from it,

She’s still a moron

#pantiessobunched

Says the guy who had to edit the post "she's still a moron"......

at least you used the hashtag to clue your friends in to your cutting edge post.

She’s still a moron

#pantiessobunched

She is smarter than you. Name calling instead of presenting factual arguments is childish.
Far from it,

She’s still a moron

#pantiessobunched

Says the guy who had to edit the post "she's still a moron"......

at least you used the hashtag to clue your friends in to your cutting edge post.

Only a joke directed at PB.

Edited for a double quote.

I’m from Rapid City, and the family is still there. They like the Governor.
Ok Paul - your type of employment/mindset was ID'd by a guy on a forum who doesn't know you, doesn't follow your posts and only sees them unless he runs across them?

Hint there for you?

Well said. Plus 1
Telling people masks work has caused more harm than good by making some people believe they were safe. Bunch of libs trying to hurt Trump. Edk
Cold has a tendency to repel all but the hardiest of riff-raff.
© 24hourcampfire