W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by WTM45
Originally Posted by WTM45
If it does not stop it all, it is a failure.

No it is not. There are several other factors at play. The rule of the odds says that the more pathogen that is deposited into the environment, the more likely likely you are to encounter it. Then, recent research is showing that the viral load has much to do with the severity of the illness. Add a face covering to the would be recipient, and a more of the pathogen can be trapped before making it into their body.

It only takes ONE phoockin cell to infect.
How the phluck do you quantify something that is less than one micron being blocked by masks that can't block even size four microns?

Shooting BB's through chain link fences.

Stop drinking the coolaid.

Is that one micron particle leaving the body as an independent particle or is it attached to larger vapor particles?

Matters not one damn bit.
And that is proved science.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Have you exhaled through your super effective mask at zero degrees Fahrenheit?

I am MAGA.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Across the state, there are many who wear masks, there are many who don't. The Governor in this state lacks the authority to make me or anyone wear a mask. That might or might not be true elsewhere, I suspect in Louisiana it doesn't matter, but here it does. If you don't like it, then don't visit.

The Governor's press office is in a running pissing contest with the prima donna at the largest CBS affiliate in the state. Hence, CBS New York now has the Gov in their sights.The media at work.For what its worth.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You tards are hilariously predictable in conflating two different issues. I knew with my first post that you'd take to the pounding the keyboard with spittle flying from your gaping mouths.

There are two issues at play. The reasonableness of of protective measures and the efficacy of protective measures. The SD governor said masks don't work. They absolutely do in a number of ways. They are not 100% effective in keeping COVID pathogens from leaving the wearers body and entering the environment, but they do stop some. She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Protective measure work with varying degrees of efficacy. Arguing otherwise is plain damn dumb. The SD governor is a moron for arguing that they don't work. If she argued that they are unreasonable given the overall threat and that she prefers that her citizens make their own choices, she'd have agreement from me.

I think you’re a good guy Paul, it’s your perception that I think is wrong on this.

Do business shutdowns work. Sure if you shutdown every single last business and force people to not leave home and do so on a national level or completely wall off the state. That’s not remotely possible. So in the practical sense business shutdowns (a few selective businesses) while everything else is open and people come and go from there homes daily has no real or practical effect. The Governor is correct.

As I posted before the most common ear loop mask says that it does not protect against Covid or any other virus right on the box. And as I and others have said a see through piece of fabric handled the way most people handle them ie touching them, cross contaminating dashboards, purses ect with the mask and then there own hands either directly by touching the mask or indirectly by touching other things that the mask has came into contact with. We’ve had various shutdowns and mask mandates for months if it works then why is it still spreading? Have you ever seen someone suit up in real biohazard or germ warfare gear? It’s a lot more and a lot more technical than Joe public and the kids strapping a paper thin ear loop mask on.

Last edited by TheLastLemming76; 11/24/20.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by BKinSD
If you don't like it, then don't visit.

Exactly. Stay home if you are worried about getting the infection. Let everyone else live normal lives.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Yes...masks are effective at getting people to believe they are helping.

They are also effective at getting people to social distance less....touch their face more...and generally act like a one person super spreader.

Paul.....do you think the person at Subway is properly using PPE when they make your tofu on whole wheat?

Truth

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Great question. Observe someone exhaling through a KN95 in cold weather and someone with no face covering in cold weather. What you'll quickly see is that the KN95 traps some of the vapor particles. In an infected person, those vapor particles contain the pathogen. Fewer particles mean lower odds of contracting and lower viral load if the disease is contracted. It's truly amazing how that simple and irrefutable truth escapes so many. These videos illustrate the simple concept.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNeYfUTA11s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Tp0zB904Mc

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Hunterapp
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Here’s the Covid numbers for SD percentage wise, inflated they may be.
Less than 1% of the population has tested positive.
Less than 00.10% of the population has died from it.
Approximately 50% of the deaths have been nursing home residents.

You are a decimal point off on the tested positive information provided. Actually we are a little over 8% tested positive
& for what it is worth we are currently a little less than 2% active cases. Active cases were over 2% for a while though we are backing off

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat

Exactly. Stay home if you are worried about getting the infection. Let everyone else live normal lives.

Agree.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Do you own and depend on a business for your livelihood?

Serious question.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K

Paul is the type that would like to see you arrested for your indiscretions.

A true believer in personal liberty wouldn’t even open up there yap about this sh it.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Oh, so its an 95 mask now? Haha!

What about a full on surgical mask? Or maybe a CBRN rated respirator?

How many of those are you seeing?

A tiny fraction maybe?

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
In the PPE world....you are either doing it correctly or you aren't.

There is no sorta okay. Or almost right.

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by ruffcutt
Here’s the Covid numbers for SD percentage wise, inflated they may be.
Less than 1% of the population has tested positive.
Less than 00.10% of the population has died from it.
Approximately 50% of the deaths have been nursing home residents.

You are a decimal point off on the tested positive information provided. Actually we are a little over 8% tested positive
& for what it is worth we are currently a little less than 2% active cases. Active cases were over 2% for a while though we are backing off

Your right on the tested positive, I was off a decimal point. But deaths are still less than one tenth of 1%. 885,000 people and we are at 850 deaths.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
You tards are hilariously predictable in conflating two different issues. I knew with my first post that you'd take to the pounding the keyboard with spittle flying from your gaping mouths.

There are two issues at play. The reasonableness of of protective measures and the efficacy of protective measures. The SD governor said masks don't work. They absolutely do in a number of ways. They are not 100% effective in keeping COVID pathogens from leaving the wearers body and entering the environment, but they do stop some. She said business shutdowns don't work. Again she is wrong. If a business isn't open, it's pretty much 100% guaranteed that the disease won't be transmitted there.

Protective measure work with varying degrees of efficacy. Arguing otherwise is plain damn dumb. The SD governor is a moron for arguing that they don't work. If she argued that they are unreasonable given the overall threat and that she prefers that her citizens make their own choices, she'd have agreement from me.

I think you’re a good guy Paul, it’s your perception that I think is wrong on this.

Do business shutdowns work. Sure if you shutdown every single last business and force people to not leave home and do so on a national level or completely wall off the state. That’s not remotely possible. So in the practical sense business shutdowns (a few selective businesses) while every thing else is open and people come and go from there homes daily has no real or practical effect. The Governor is right.

As I posted before the most common ear loop mask says that it does not protect against Covid or any other virus right on the box. And as I and others have said a see through piece of fabric handled the way most people handle them ie touching them, cross contaminating dashboards, purses ect with the mask and then there own hands either directly by touching the mask or indirectly by touching other things that the mask has came into contact with. We’ve had various shutdowns and mask mandates for months if it works then why is still spreading? Have you ever seen someone suit up in real biohazard or germ warfare gear? It’s a lot more and a lot more technical than Joe public and the kids strapping a paper thin ear loop mask on.

My perception is that a cocktail of protective measures can reduce the spread. For those who want to ignore the science behind this, there's enough anecdotal evidence to support it.

My personal opinion is that we should protect the most vulnerable among us. Simple things like stores being open for the first hour for vulnerable people first.

My personal opinion is that it is unhealthy to hold the mask up as a panacea and to eschew it as being worthless.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

Great question. Observe someone exhaling through a KN95 in cold weather and someone with no face covering in cold weather. What you'll quickly see is that the KN95 traps some of the vapor particles. In an infected person, those vapor particles contain the pathogen. Fewer particles mean lower odds of contracting and lower viral load if the disease is contracted. It's truly amazing how that simple and irrefutable truth escapes so many. These videos illustrate the simple concept.

There is no such thing as "vapor particles". There is vapor and there are aerosols. They are very different. We don't exhale aerosols. We sneeze aerosols, but we exhale vapor. Vapor may condense given the correct conditions.

BTW Vapor is always sterile.

Last edited by OldHat; 11/24/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kroo88

Paul is the type that would like to see you arrested for your indiscretions.

A true believer in personal liberty wouldn’t even open up there yap about this sh it.

You are another who is severely contextually challenged. Your binary thinking seems to be the order of the day for the tards around here though. I can acknowledge that protective measures can work with varying degrees of efficacy and believe in personal freedoms at the same time.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

There is no such thing as "vapor particles". There is vapor and there are aerosols. They are very different. We don't exhale aerosols. We sneeze aerosols, but we exhale vapor. Vapor may condense given the correct conditions.

Semantics aside, how would you argue that the videos are wrong?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Where I take exception Paul.....is that "good intentions" often have serious consequences.

The whole "gosh...if it just helps a tiny bit..." view is dangerous and anti scientific.

What about the lack of social distancing while masked up? What about the constant touching and readjusting of a saturated mask?

You have people wearing latex gloves. Then they proceeded to touch everything humanly possible.....never bothering to wash or change gloves.

If you hang your hopes on lay people wearing any bullshit mask they can find to stop or slow the spread......well good luck.

PPE is effective...but only when used properly.

No one is doing that.

In fact....most hospitals are just now starting to do it properly. After knowing about germs for a few years now.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Semantics aside, how would you argue that the videos are wrong?

I suppose you think pulling out will stop the spread of AIDS?

Has to help.......right?

I am MAGA.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (AnthonyB, alwaysoutdoors, 160user, 35, 10ring1, 7887mm08, 14 invisible), 1,488 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,209
Posts18,503,888
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.