Home

This year we’re having Lamb... instead of the coma inducing Turkey ...

The rest is the normal Fare
Got an 18lb prime rib
We had pheasant and quail many years for thanksgiving. This year, smoked beef brisket.
Stir fried Chicken ginger with rice.
I'm thinking popcorn, pretzel sticks, and toast.
I’m thinking Bud Light
Ham with au gratin potatoes and tiramisu for desert. It'll be this Saturday-about half the people coming are working the holiday.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
The heck with turkey. Got a big day of cooking and eating. Happy Thanksgiving hope everyone has a good one.
Prime Rib here too
Fish/lobster/alligator. All fried.
I’ve been invited to have swan
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
The heck with turkey. Got a big day of cooking and eating. Happy Thanksgiving hope everyone has a good one.

Kroger!

Don’t you know that caribou bob and some other pricks from Nowhere, Idaho issued a campfire boycott on Kroger? 😃

Originally Posted by Spotshooter

This year we’re having Lamb... instead of the coma inducing Turkey ...

The rest is the normal Fare

Same here at the Rong's.
Have about a 5# roast,but then taters ,squash and a few other veggies.
Just the 5 of us,we're keeping it low profile with the Wuufluu and all.
Not sure what the warden has in mind yet for pie,hmmmm
Elk roast once.
Mother in law and friend coming over. She doesn't care
for turkey, so its pork chops on the grill. everything else
will be the same. Suits me fine.
Kroger!

Don’t you know that caribou bob and some other pricks from Nowhere, Idaho issued a campfire boycott on Kroger?

I was getting ready to tell you Idaho ain't got know Krogers until I looked...Didn't even know we did..LOL..None within 200 miles of my place though..Weez alittle behind times here in bumfugg Idaho..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It's Bear 'N Beer here today!

Jayco LOL
Originally Posted by oldcuss
Mother in law and friend coming over. She doesn't care
for turkey, so its pork chops on the grill. everything else
will be the same. Suits me fine.

Smart woman!

I couldn't tell you the last time I had one of those store bought birds.

Give me a wild El Gobblero and chunked up fried turkey tit and I am in heaven!

Ham and the normal mashed taters, green beans and other fixins here.

Going to take everything down to my 95 year old grandpas and do it there since he is stuck in a wheel chair and it is hard to get him up and down the stairs and everybody else's place.
2 briskets started at midnight and 5 slabs of ribs 3 hrs ago .
Venison roast in addition to turkey, some years elk roast if we've been out west hunting. One Thanksgiving we had moose, the turkey made sandwiches the day after as everyone devoured the moose.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Kroger!

Don’t you know that caribou bob and some other pricks from Nowhere, Idaho issued a campfire boycott on Kroger? 😃

Can't fix stupid, guess they'd rather eat pork butts from Walmart.
Smoked farm raised chicken and pig.
BBQ leg o' lamb and salmon
Smoked pork butt and beef tri tip
Just put a butt on. I'll cook it until it's fork tender for pulled pork.
we're having meatloaf. the turkey hasn't thawed out yet. it's still thanksgiving. even with hoarding, covid and all the other 2020 afflictions. all of us have a lot to be thankful for.
Chicken this time, since it's just me and the wife.... She's still too sick to have family over.. Bummer........
This year we are trying pheasant instead of Turkey....shoild be good!
A family tradition here in eastern NC is "oyster dressing". It's kinda like turkey stuffing, but made with oysters in it.
We are doing a turkey which we haven't done in a few years. Two sons and DIL will be here. I usually make stuffed pasta shells but will do them come Christmas. Killer pot of chili verde last night.
If the weather cooperates like this year I grill the turkey.
Tear/chop it up like ENC BBQ pork and season it the same.
Opens up the house oven for other things that are much better in my opinion.....
Did it yesterday because the weather witches said it was gonna rain here, yes the sun is shinning in a blue sky now.
Mcdonalds sounds pretty 👍to me today.
Got a big cherry pie from wally world khan got before she and the youngest went to Colorado Springs till 5 dec.

My and Blackjack are gonna put a hurting on that this afternoon.
I'm gonna park my azz right here at yellow creek till 11 12 ish and see if if something wants to make a fatal mistake.
Cant kill schitt from the couch.
Turkey

And stuffing.

Buncha commies.....
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]you are always remembered
daughter hates traditional Thanksgiving dinner so we've added 4 cheese ravioli to the mix this year along with all the standards

I made 2 Pecan Pies, a blueberry cheesecake and peanut butter brownies yesterday. Just a few minutes ago we started the turkey. Wife is boiling eggs now. We aren't spending the holiday with family this year and we aren't having any friends over, so we'll have leftovers for days.
We are having beef tongue along with mashed potatoes, biscuits, and green beans. Homemade peach pie for dessert. smile

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you guys and gals.

Jim
Bunch of White Castle burgers and a few Budweisers.
bob brown is doing the same as always, a box of rubber dix.
Leg of lamb, and tangible herbed root vegetables, salad and blueberry pie. A little different this year.
My wife roasted a big chicken a few days ago and made all the trimmings, so I've had enough of that kind of food for a while. I put together a big slab of lasagne and we just finished it off yesterday,

She's going to make us a big dish of shepherds pie to eat today. We've got some sauce from the local BBQ place that she mixes into the meat. She did that last time she made some and it came out great.
Originally Posted by hanco
I’m thinking Bud Light

Atta boy
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Ouch
No way. Love turkey, stuffing, and gravy. Cook two or three a year. My brother and I did do pheasants one year.

Bob & Ray had a running gag on their show about a guy who was pushing alternatives for the holidays; pizza for Thanksgiving and Fish for Christmas IIRC, or maybe the other way around.
Complete eats spaghetti and meatballs
Couple of brined chickens to go on the PBC.

Normal sides.
I bought a smoked turkey and ham from the Moose lodge . I sliced the turkey last night and its really good .

I had the butcher cut me 10 angus fillets to cook tomorrow for a few friends coming over .
Normal turkey bird here but I’m smoking it for the first time. I have steaks as back up.
Normal turkey and holiday fixings here but small size. Happy Thanksgiving!
Cornish hen, wild rice and mashed ‘taters.
Just made up five Coctel de Camarones Mexicano for appetizers whilst sipping a very good Bloody Mary.
Originally Posted by blindshooter
Opens up the house oven for other things that are much better in my opinion.....
Did it yesterday because the weather witches said it was gonna rain here, yes the sun is shinning in a blue sky now.

I hadn't thought to grill a turkey just like you would a pig. How long do you cook that rascal over coals like that?
Hog Maw on the smoker
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Ouch

Gawdammm you 2...

Cant stop laughing now....

LOL!!!!
I bought two porterhouse and two rib steaks to slow cook in the smoker. Diana can't eat the meat so all 4 steaks are for me and my son.
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
A family tradition here in eastern NC is "oyster dressing". It's kinda like turkey stuffing, but made with oysters in it.

Boom!

My aunt is bringimg some of this.
Just got back from hunting.

Had 6 wally world toaster waffles!!!
Gave Blackjack one also

Good stuff...

Found a 1 pd pork loin in the C19 freezer.
Let it thaw out.

Do a stir fry thingamabob with it later on tonight.

Fugg McDonald's today.

Nap time from waffle belly coming on....

I need to encourage the wife to go to Colorado more often.
Aint spoke to anyone except slumlord and convenience store momo,s since 845 am tuesday.
And Blackjack and the 4 tard cats.

Kinda nice actually!!!
momo

Lol

Should’ve ordered some gas station egg rolls, be a baller like simonkenton
I gave up on cooking those slimy turkeys years ago, but, picked up a free one at the grocery store with a $100 purchase. Looked for the smallest! Threw a few spices on it, popped it in a foil pan and into the CONVECTION oven at 350 till it was done, PLUS a couple hours! Best darned turkey I ever cooked. Instant spuds and gravy. Paper plates. One bowl and one pot to wash. LOL
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by blindshooter

I hadn't thought to grill a turkey just like you would a pig. How long do you cook that rascal over coals like that?

About 2 hours total, half over indirect heat. I take the breast off before it gets dry.
When My dad was alive we never had turkey. We had Roast Mallards, saddle of Venison, Pheasants, Elk Steaks. Always some game we killed.
Pizza Pepperoni sausage ranch.
Thanksgiving I do straight up normal Joe American traditional food because that’s the only time I’m eating all that schit.

Christmas is where we get creative.
© 24hourcampfire