Home
Posted By: GRIZZ Zillow - 11/28/20
Any opinions on how accurate their listed home values are? I looked up my place here in So Cal this morning and damn near choked on my coffee when in came back 783K. Paid 212 for it back in 1997.
Whatever it's worth will come in handy when the wife and I escape from here in a few years
Posted By: BillyGoatGruff Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
And folks say unkind things about them Caliotos lmao
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
And folks say unkind things about them Caliotos lmao

Awe that's not a useful answer prick GFY. Anyone else?
Posted By: deflave Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
You needed Zillow to figure out a ballpark on the property you put up for sale that you've owned since 1997?

Not up for sale as of yet. Just started looking into the value and Zillow is where I started.
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
When I bought and sold my home, the purchase and sales price ended up being within $5k of the Zillow estimate which at the time was within about 2%
Posted By: 16bore Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
it’s not far off when house types are homogeneous.
Posted By: Border Doc Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

Zillow is only as accurate as the Realtors that feed information to them. Property values have floated pretty freely recently and quickly flex with the market.

Just for fun I looked up property for sale in my zip code listed by Zillow about 6 weeks ago. They had listed the vacant piece of ground, a 3-Acre lot, that borders our place on the south for sale, complete with glowing listing indicating a stream running alongside the property. Holy smoke, that's MY PLACE they are describing, complete with GPS locator dot a half mile away, just off the Forest Road, which belongs to my family. Calls to the listing realtor (I won't use a capital here) were brushed off, so I got in touch with the local Realtor's Association. A few minutes later I went back to the Zillow site and found that the property description had dropped the fraudulent mention of the stream, but the GPS dot is still on the wrong property.

A local and trusted Realtor is a better source for pricing information An appraisal by a professional should be your guideline. It should be "fresh", like no more than a month before you put your place up for sale. And FWIW, in my opinion, dealing with Zillow is likely to be frustrating.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Slow adjusting, but currently pretty close to my appraisal. However in Boise, just pull a number out of your butt and someone will want to pay it.
Thanks all I reckon I'll just have to list it and let it ride.. Gruff up yours you sniveling bitch...
Posted By: 79S Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
checked Zillow out, my trailer house is now worth 25k we bought 10yrs ago for 60k. So is that good??
Posted By: duck911 Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by deflave
You needed Zillow to figure out a ballpark on the property you put up for sale that you've owned since 1997?

If you don't have any friendly, useful advice....

Why do you even open your fat fuggin mouth?

It is a common theme.
Posted By: duck911 Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by 79S
checked Zillow out, my trailer house is now worth 25k we bought 10yrs ago for 60k. So is that good??

See above.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Zillow can as easily be a million miles off base as they can be spot on for various reasons.

Realtor.com can run a tad closer to correct but like Zillow they are often laughably off base. They get their data from property appraisers websites which are all public record.

If you are really that challenged at putting a value on your property search "recent sold" homes in your area, that will bring you back to reality.
Listing prices can be as meaningless as internet based home valuing tools, what's actually sold in the last couple months around you tells all.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by 16bore
it’s not far off when house types are homogeneous.

That’s been my experience, albeit limited, my wife stays on top of such things. Some casual friends of ours are high school sweethearts that are currently divorcing (sad but at least they waited until their 4 kids were graduated), which has nothing to do with the story 😂.....they bought a house that we had looked at and seriously considered. It was a little bigger than our current home at 4,400 sq/ft and sits on 5 acres. It was roughly the same vintage as ours although I think that house was 5 or 6 years older than ours which was built in 2007. I don’t think it had a heat pump or A/C like ours but it was a very nice home. The deciding factor for us was all 4 bedrooms were on the ground floor with the master on the main floor and my wife didn’t like the idea of the kid’s bedrooms being downstairs while we were upstairs. If you walk outside of the French doors downstairs you walk out onto the lawn where less than 50 yards away was the creek and the pond. Anyway. The house was sold to our “friends” for $365,000 in 2012. They kept it in good condition and did some little landscaping improvements but nothing major. 2 months ago they listed it at $895,000, a week later they accepted an offer for $855,000. Zillow updated it remarkably fast to reflect, almost in real time, the ’value’. Prior to the listing and sale Zillow estimated it at $595,000 and they were taxed on a assessed value of $469,000. It can be hard to be accurate when rural properties are rarely similar. Getting comps on rural property can be tricky because of the number of variables like barns, outbuildings, etc. not to mention homes which can vary from big lodges, large estate type homes to a single wide stuck in tthe woods on 5 acres.
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
Thanks all I reckon I'll just have to list it and let it ride.. Gruff up yours you sniveling bitch...

Make sure you brag about how much you made on your house sale in whatever locale gets stuck with your amazing self. You go gurl.

Whitefish is full of CA fa gs, if you land there let me know I'll buy you a coffee.

Edit to add:

Nobody gives a flying fugk how rich you are or what your house is worth. Putting the numbers up, real or not, was virtue signaling. Were you a grown man posting and talking with peers, you'd have asked "hey, do you guys think Zillow is a reasonable estimation of property value?"

True to form however, you've got to show the ladies your clit. I'm sorry if my pointing out your [bleep] is uncomfortable. Maybe you should stay in CA and suck dik.
Posted By: JeffA Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Zillow updated it remarkably fast to reflect, almost in real time, the ’value’.

They got that data from a property appraisers site as soon as the sale was recorded.

That's really good info for this thread AcesNeights, on the flip side, I sold two waterfront homes this past Spring, they sat next to each other. Right away the real estate sites skyrocket the value on a non waterfront home I own two blocks away. It's no where near worth what they state they merely ran off the recent sales nearby. The quality and special features of homes isn't taken into consideration with the voodoo math used to value properties on these internet sites.
Posted By: Ducksanddogs Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by 79S

I see what you did there... and I like it.
Posted By: Gooch_McGrundle Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
In my area, take redfin, which rates high, and zillow, which rates low and average the two. Zillow said $382k, redfin said $398k, put it on the market at $389k. Sold for $415k in one day.
Posted By: xarcher Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
A detailed appraisal, by a licensed professional, only costs a few hundred dollars.
Posted By: old_willys Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Any opinions on how accurate their listed home values are? I looked up my place here in So Cal this morning and damn near choked on my coffee when in came back 783K. Paid 212 for it back in 1997.
Whatever it's worth will come in handy when the wife and I escape from here in a few years

My SoCal House I paid $260 for in 1996 just bank appraised at $780 but Zillow had it as $680 so it's hit and miss.
Posted By: BtailHunter Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Zillow is a crock at best.

Maybe if you live in an area with 500 homes sales a day, but when 6 homes have been sold in the past year within a 10 mile radius, it's useless.

Unfortunately, lots of idiots like it.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by BtailHunter

Maybe if you live in an area with 500 homes sales a day, but when 6 homes have been sold in the past year within a 10 mile radius, it's useless.

lot of truth in this.....bob
Posted By: OldHat Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by 79S

Tyvek should help.

Tyvek Alaska's siding choice since ... ah ... well when ever it came on the market.
Posted By: OldHat Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
I looked at a house in an unnamed Alaskan city. The bathroom was beautiful until you lifted up the toilet seat and realized the there was a hole clean through to the crawlspace with a bucket under it. LOL

Awe that's not a useful answer prick GFY. Anyone else?

Yes please.
Posted By: simonkenton7 Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Zillow is pretty accurate. My girlfriend owns 5 nice rental houses and I often check the values on zillow. They are pretty good, within 5 percent I would say.
Originally Posted by OldHat
I looked at a house in an unnamed Alaskan city. The bathroom was beautiful until you lifted up the toilet seat and realized the there was a hole clean through to the crawlspace with a bucket under it. LOL

Isn't that part of living in Alaska?
Posted By: JimFromTN Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Zillow has a very simplistic way of estimating. Basically, square footage and lot size. Age and condition are not taken into consideration. It will value a house that is caving in the same as a house that has been remodeled and in perfect condition.
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Dang.......almost felt sorry for a Californian. Almost.

Must be my diminished testosterone levels....

Make sure you brag about how much you made on your house sale in whatever locale gets stuck with your amazing self. You go gurl.

Whitefish is full of CA fa gs, if you land there let me know I'll buy you a coffee.

Edit to add:

Nobody gives a flying fugk how rich you are or what your house is worth. Putting the numbers up, real or not, was virtue signaling. Were you a grown man posting and talking with peers, you'd have asked "hey, do you guys think Zillow is a reasonable estimation of property value?"

True to form however, you've got to show the ladies your clit. I'm sorry if my pointing out your [bleep] is uncomfortable. Maybe you should stay in CA and suck dik.
Posted By: kingston Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by 79S

^^^Another virtue signaler...^^^
Posted By: hillestadj Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by duck911

It is a common theme.

Did I miss your friendly useful advice here CuckDuck7-Eleven?
Posted By: Clarkm Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
I just checked my home on zillow.

Then I looked at zillow competitors.

https://craft.co/zillow/competitors

Redfin was 2% lower than Zillow...,,,,,,,,,,,,. just as any realtor will tell you.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

I use zillow all the time. It's close enough. Redfin is useful, too. Just don't get on their email list. Lol.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers here that don't know what they're talking about / aren't in the business every single day.

And, BTW, you don't need an appraisal to get a ballpark and/or figure out what you're going to ask for your house. Let the guy buying the place pay for an appraisal.. Unless you are just absolutely determined to piss away $350-700.

Good luck getting out of KA. Hope you find somewhere nice.

It is a common theme.

Duck O' Douche,

Your holiday weekend meltdown has been epic.

I'm hoping your wife let's you drink some more this evening.

LOL
Originally Posted by local_dirt

I use zillow all the time. It's close enough. Redfin is useful, too. Just don't get on their email list. Lol.

Don't listen to the nay-sayers here that don't know what they're talking about / aren't in the business every single day.

And, BTW, you don't need an appraisal to get a ballpark and/or figure out what you're going to ask for your house. Let the guy buying the place pay for an appraisal.. Unless you are just absolutely determined to piss away $350-700.

Yeah, because you are all knowing and know the markets everywhere.

You city girls are a funny bunch of twats.

Just doin' muh yob.

Lol.

(Chkunt)
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by 79S

Yes, it means it hasnt burned down from a leaking water heater rotting the floor and falling through and starting a fire.

Also means no Smell Good wall plug in hasn't melted and shorted out and.....

wink
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

Just doin' muh yob.

Lol.

(Chkunt)

Hang tough, LD. Funny twats are better than none.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
I'm surprised more of you dont kill yourselves. Getting worked up about an internet real estate listing service? Wow, some of you are really troubled.
Originally Posted by 19352012
I'm surprised more of you dont kill yourselves. Getting worked up about an internet real estate listing service? Wow, some of you are really troubled.

Thanks, but don't worry about us.

You're the one that lives in Iowa.
Posted By: kingston Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

It is a common theme.

Duck O' Douche,

LOL

What did I miss?
Originally Posted by kingston
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah I’m pretty much a big real estate mogul.. closing multi dollar deals at IHOP.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

It is a common theme.

Duck O' Douche,

LOL

What did I miss?

DuckDuckGoose acting like he’s from Oregon.

It is a common theme.

Duck O' Douche,

LOL

What did I miss?

Golf thread
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

Just doin' muh yob.

Lol.

(Chkunt)

Troll Farm.

Nothing but.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Just doin' muh yob.

Lol.

(Chkunt)

Troll Farm.

Nothing but.

Sure is, these days.
Posted By: 1minute Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
One may choke at the estimate, but look up the cost of a potential replacement. They're not cheap either.
Posted By: Wildcatter264 Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
IME pretty accurate. As mentioned before it depends on the accuracy of the inputs. If the market is active there are lots of data to work with, so Zillow is a pretty good guide.

Checking data accuracy about description of your own property and others you know helps to refine the estimates. A good practice is to obtain a competitive market analysis (CMA) from several - 3 is accepted in the industry as a good indicator - realtors active and knowledgeable about your specific area with a recommendation on listing price. Listing at the price the market defines also helps with a quicker sale.

In my local market Zillow reflects final selling price pretty closely, when we ascertain that the comparables are accurate. Sometimes unrecorded improvements to your property and/or the apparent comps can greatly affect price estimates. Seller beware. You can never have enough accurate info to set price.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Not sure how you value a house, here, now.

The last few months they do an open house and post the asking price.

Traditionally, one would reduce that about 10% and make an offer.
Unless there were some extenuating circumstances.

There are now.

The house gets shown, and offers are treated as bids.
Two weeks later the seller opens them and decides which, if any to accept.

Nice homes, out if town go well above asking.

They are mostly bug out homes for DC'ers or Baltimorons.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by xarcher
A detailed appraisal, by a licensed professional, only costs a few hundred dollars.

Any realtor could pull comps in about an hour and have a reasonably accurate assessment of probable sales price.

Duck911, seek therapy. You seem to be having an episode, possibly brought on by the holiday season or maybe stress induced covid overload. You should put Flave on ignore, he seems to be a trigger for your psychosis? If you need help, PM happy camper. He seems to be able to perform miracles through simple prayer.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Not sure how you value a house, here, now.

The last few months they do an open house and post the asking price.

Traditionally, one would reduce that about 10% and make an offer.
Unless there were some extenuating circumstances.

There are now.

The house gets shown, and offers are treated as bids.
Two weeks later the seller opens them and decides which, if any to accept.

Nice homes, out if town go well above asking.

They are mostly bug out homes for DC'ers or Baltimorons.

Around here, get your comps then add 10-15%. You’ll get a contract within 7 days.
Posted By: ribka Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

Not very accurate. Tend to over inflate prices IMO
Posted By: ribka Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

yep

Edit to add:

No worries...Montana is rapidly turning blue 'silly goat muff' ya dumb fuqk. Must be a heavy flow day for you douchbag crawl back into your doublewide and figure out how to get caught up on your rent...
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

Edit to add:

Put another way, “Welcome to Montana “.

Laffin here.

It is a common theme.

Duck O' Douche,

LOL

What did I miss?

Can you be more specific?

It is a common theme.

Duck O' Douche,

LOL

What did I miss?

He’s asking about you talking about other people drinking more.

Edit to add:

No worries...Montana is rapidly turning blue 'silly goat muff' ya dumb fuqk. Must be a heavy flow day for you douchbag crawl back into your doublewide and figure out how to get caught up on your rent...

I'm counting on them not being able to evict me 'cause of the pandemic rules. Fingers crossed for another covid check, it really helped out last time.

Edit to add:

I'm counting on them not being able to evict me 'cause of the pandemic rules. Fingers crossed for another covid check, it really helped out last time.

A “Covid Patient Inside “ sign on the exterior doors helps, Gruff .
I thought so...
Folks like yourself are what give the good guys in CA a bad name. Plenty of them on this board even, yet you perpetuate the stereotype. Congrats.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Just looked at Zillow, they show a value of my house about $250K overpriced.
Folks like yourself are what give the good guys in CA a bad name. Plenty of them on this board even, yet you perpetuate the stereotype. Congrats.

Oh fuqk you. You don't like anyone from CA Miss Montana. You ain't fooling anyone on here. You started right off with the Cal bashing and now your trying to back track you spineless POS... Just fuqk off.
Been taking victim lessons from furballz? Gotta say, you are fitting the stereotype better with each post.

What's next?
At least his wife will let him leave California. There are a few manly types that can't leave there because of their wives.

people post photos of their houses......garages with nice cars in them.....high dollar guns...expensive hunts....on and on....from all over.

big deal he said something about how his house went up in value and how much.....hell someone posted a picture of some ones ac corba..

if it is not a replica....worth a hell of a lot more than the guy from cali house.......dont come off as envious....

to lighten the mood......know why you cant get a bj in cali?....all those cork suckers moved here to mt......bob
Posted By: irfubar Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Edit to add:

Put another way, “Welcome to Montana “.

Laffin here.

You reprobates, leave Montana out of this...... oh and Gruff has a really nice double wide... smile
He's easy an easy to provoke twatwaffle.

Sometimes I can't resist the low hanging fruit.
I really enjoy the guys who retire and flaunt their money, act like business tycoons and come to find out all they did was sell their house at some inflated value..... 90 percent of the time they are from Calif.
coincidence?

Oh and Montana is full of them... frown

So Gruff has a reason to be annoyed... and I was joking about his double wide... wink
Originally Posted by irfubar
I really enjoy the guys who retire and flaunt their money, act like business tycoons and come to find out all they did was sell their house at some inflated value..... 90 percent of the time they are from Calif.
coincidence?

So Gruff has a reason to be annoyed... and I was joking about his double wide... wink

why would anyone care how some one made their money..........whats inflated value?....if thats the going price, thats not inflated ...bob
Wait one minute, GRIZZ!

Thought I was the only one living in a double-wide, in a quickly-blue-turning State.

Whose double-wide is nicer? Can't get zillow pulled up on my Commodore.

Originally Posted by BobMt
coincidence?

why would anyone care how some one made their money..........whats inflated value?....if thats the going price, thats not inflated ...bob

You missed my point Bob, it's the fact they think they were responsible for the windfall, takes no skill to live in a house for 30 yrs. Inflated value is a 1700sq ft, 40 yr old subdivision house in San Jose selling for 1 million dollars....

I know your reading comprehension is better than that... what gives?

people post photos of their houses......garages with nice cars in them.....high dollar guns...expensive hunts....on and on....from all over.

big deal he said something about how his house went up in value and how much.....hell someone posted a picture of some ones ac corba..

if it is not a replica....worth a hell of a lot more than the guy from cali house.......dont come off as envious....

to lighten the mood......know why you cant get a bj in cali?....all those cork suckers moved here to mt......bob

Why some guy from California even posted a photo of his Corvette Zo6 on here this morning. Of all the nerve, Is that stereotypical enough for ya you miserable Montana pricks? LMFAO
Grizz you should retire to Colorado..... maybe Oregon?
coincidence?

Real estate bubbles do exist.... did you forget 2008 already?
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Wait one minute, GRIZZ!

Thought I was the only one living in a double-wide, in a quickly-blue-turning State.

Whose double-wide is nicer? Can't get zillow pulled up on my Commodore.

Opp

Why yours is of course MR wiener no doubt... Now don't feel slighted.
He likes warm weather......what about Juarez?

Nevada. I love hunting Nevada
Nevada used to be good, really good, I enjoyed my 10yrs there. That was 30yrs ago though
[quote=irfubar]I really enjoy the guys who retire and flaunt their money, act like business tycoons and come to find out all they did was sell their house at some inflated value..... 90 percent of the time they are from Calif.
coincidence?

Real estate bubbles do exist.... did you forget 2008 already?

its only a bubble when it pops.....till then the price is what it is....and as you well know after the pop.....prices usually come back stronger.

I didnt miss your point.....my point is...who gives a crap ....just dont associate with people like that.....and if the price for a 40 year old house in san jose is 1 mil....than thats the price to pay......we should be glad we dont live there......bob
Nevada used to be good, really good, I enjoyed my 10yrs there. That was 30yrs ago though

Nevada is blue but nothing like CA so goes the US. I like the Predator calling there and and Nevada is underrated when it come to trophy Mule Deer and Elk. I know it well once I'm a resident nothing will be off limits

I agree with you on that.....when I was there not a bad place.....then the cali moved in...my bil and sil bitcth about it all the time.

30 for me also....lived there for 5......bob
Posted By: Remsen Re: Zillow - 11/28/20

I haven't caught up to the part of this thread where the personal insults start, so apologies for responding to the OP's question....

In urban areas where there are a lot of sales and houses are fungible, Zillow is remarkably accurate. That's because if you have a cookie cutter development and the houses are pretty much all the same, it's easy to just use the last few sales to create an estimate for the next sale.

In other areas, though, Zillow is laughable. For example, we sold a house in California a few years ago to buy the house in Montana. The Zestimate for the CA house was within a few grand of what it sold for. The estimate for the Montana house, though, wasn't even close (over estimated by several hundred thousand dollars from the actual selling price), and now that there have been a bunch of sales in the neighborhood at inflated "I'm from CA, here's a million bucks for your cottage", it's even more off.

Zillow has a very hard time taking into account the value of a historic old home in a preservation district when there are a bunch of similarly sized newer homes nearby that are priced more like commodities. I'm waiting for someone to see the Zestimate for our place and make an offer for that amount. We love where we live, but if some Google billionaire wants to throw millions at us, we'll smile and say yes.
Posted By: Stormin_Norman Re: Zillow - 11/28/20
In town Zillow seems reasonably accurate, rural areas not so much around here. Something with all the vacant land sales throw it off. Neighbors just appraised there place, it was 10%-15% higher than Zillow. But then again we’ve seen a 20% run up on prices this year with the rona.
Posted By: kingston Re: Zillow - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by 79S

Yeah I’m pretty much a big real estate mogul.. closing multi dollar deals at IHOP.

Now he’s name dropping IHOP. smfh...
Posted By: kingston Re: Zillow - 11/29/20

I’m just looking for the highlights.
Posted By: MtnHiker Re: Zillow - 11/29/20
Wow. Who cares about zillow. Frog slowly boiling.... The real answer is CA is going to [bleep] the bed in a hurry. Who in their right mind is going to buy your house there 2 years from now? For the B.S. inflated prices. Hey I own some stock but until I sell it it is all funny money. Ask yourself what you belive the future of "the Golden State" is and act accordingly.

If you are happy there then the value of your home is irrelevant. It is your home not an investment. If you feel the need to get out of a sinking ship sell now while real estate is still selling then move off the x before you get hammered.
Posted By: ribka Re: Zillow - 11/29/20

Nevada is blue but nothing like CA so goes the US. I like the Predator calling there and and Nevada is underrated when it come to trophy Mule Deer and Elk. I know it well once I'm a resident nothing will be off limits

sshhh
Posted By: Switch Re: Zillow - 11/29/20

When you "escape" and get here don't tell us how they do it in California! The majority of California people voted tor the mess they now have and as soon as they move they vote to change to the way it's done in California.After they sell their house for big bucks they are still liberals, just got money.
Posted By: Switch Re: Zillow - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by ribka

sshhh

Las Vegas makes the state blueer than blue, big union vote, mostly Culinary Worker and crooked politicians, Harry Reid, still runs the place. USED to be underrated for trophy Mule Deer and Elk, over run with lions, wolves moving in and a very liberal Dept of Wildlife over selling tags and killing off the breeders. Decent bucks are few and far between. We kill 5 or 6 200" bucks a year and really trophy Elk are gone.
Posted By: MIKEWERNER Re: Zillow - 11/29/20
That is the problem.......it's not 'your' home if you don't pay the crazy-high property taxes on your over-valued house.

Originally Posted by MtnHiker
Wow. Who cares about zillow. Frog slowly boiling.... The real answer is CA is going to [bleep] the bed in a hurry. Who in their right mind is going to buy your house there 2 years from now? For the B.S. inflated prices. Hey I own some stock but until I sell it it is all funny money. Ask yourself what you belive the future of "the Golden State" is and act accordingly.

If you are happy there then the value of your home is irrelevant. It is your home not an investment. If you feel the need to get out of a sinking ship sell now while real estate is still selling then move off the x before you get hammered.
© 24hourcampfire