Home
thought this was interesting

guy has a hobby where he make youtube videos breaking down oil filters, etc. so he buys more than the normal guy

Homeland security shows up at his house one day and demands he returns the "suppressors" he bought

turns out there is this group of people out there that are making suppressors from oil filters.

But whats more disturbing is that his online purchases were tracked by homeland security.

Video is a little long but I found it interesting. He has security camera footage of the officer showing up at his house.

Whoa. But not really a surprise.
They’re doing chit like that rather than trying to uphold election integrity
Pretty crazy (though not surprising) that DHS has nothing better to do than bug a YouTuber that discects filters. I mean, I have seen people load up a truck bed full of oil filters during NAPA's filter sales.
I sure as hell wouldn't hide their faces.
The East German Stasi would envy the degree to which the US Government tracks our every move.
Tag
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I sure as hell wouldn't hide their faces.

Nope. Tyrants need their faces plastered across the ether.
That is disturbing.
You think that's bad, buy a case of strike anywhere matches.

Or a Daisy Red Ryder BB gun for Christmas morning... smile

Seriously though.. They come investigate this crap in person, but thousands of terrorists used commercial grade fireworks and Molotov cocktails to assault and kill people and burn entire city blocks, are still doing it nightly?
And they guy in the video doesn't seem bothered by it in the least. He's a jackwagon too.
That’s good, guess they had nothing better to do.
But whats more disturbing is that his online purchases were tracked by homeland security.
I'm guessing that large sellers of filters have been ordered to report unusually large sales.
A sampling of what could lie ahead
No tyrant or dictator ever had difficulty finding thugs. The fellow involved is pretty much a compliant pussy.
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I'm guessing that large sellers of filters have been ordered to report unusually large sales.

The whole suppressor thing has been nothing but gun control BS from the start.

Passed by dumbassed politicians who wouldn't know a suppressor from a buttplug.... they were emotionally involved by watching too many James Bond bad guy movies where the bad guy used a silencer to kill people with nothing more than a soft "pfft.."
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Passed by dumbassed politicians who wouldn't know a suppressor from a buttplug.... they were emotionally involved by watching too many James Bond bad guy movies where the bad guy used a silencer to kill people with nothing more than a soft "pfft.."

Often from a revolver.
Well, at least they knocked........
When government employees have nothing to do they harass law abiding citizens. The dept of homeland security wasn't needed years back and is not needed today.
Originally Posted by vapodog
When government employees have nothing to do they harass law abiding citizens. The dept of homeland security wasn't needed years back and is not needed today.

Biggest unconstitutional invasion of our privacy ever passed by congress and signed by a rino POTUS.

The damage Bush did will last decades.

Biggest unconstitutional invasion of our privacy ever passed by congress and signed by a rino POTUS.

Absolutely!

Yes they would Barry! Most politicians use buttplugs on a daily basis.
With brick and mortars going by the way side, I suppose it will be easier for any purchases to be tracked. No cash sales...
I didn't watch the video, but I have to take issue with those of you condemning the man for being a "compliant pussy." Because every time there's an instance of a man smarting off to cops, failing to follow commands, and resisting arrest only to get himself shot as a result, some of the very same ones of you condemn him for NOT being compliant.

If for some reason the cops came to my door to investigate me by mistake I'm going to be the most polite and compliant sumbeach they ever met.

I'll sue their asses off later.
If the last four years have taught us anything, it’s that the proper answer to any question asked by federal LEO is “Lawyer”, sad to say.
Where is your signed warrant with attached affidavit, sir? Oh, you don’t have one? Well, go try to get one based on a purchase of unrestricted items, and come back later. I will wait.

As far as demanding I return unregulated items I bought, they can FRO. I can see such a conversation devolving to the point I tell them to get a real job and get the fug off my property. Unbelievable.

Don't forget to include John Ashcroft and his participation in shoving Homeland Security down our throats. Another case of never let a good crisis go to waste.
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I didn't watch the video, but I have to take issue with those of you condemning the man for being a "compliant pussy." Because every time there's an instance of a man smarting off to cops, failing to follow commands, and resisting arrest only to get himself shot as a result, some of the very same ones of you condemn him for NOT being compliant.

If for some reason the cops came to my door to investigate me by mistake I'm going to be the most polite and compliant sumbeach they ever met.

I'll give ground when immanent force will be used. Then hash it out in court..

But some fugger showing up at my door without warrant, looking for something to throw me in jail for, and take away my freedom, can GFH.

Way too many people don't even have a basic understanding of the constitutional rights that protect them from big govt.
I think I'd let him know he's on pretty shakey legal ground showing up at my house for buying something perfectly legal to own and demanding I give it to him.

for phugs sake? Oil Filters?

Originally Posted by KFWA
I think I'd let him know he's on pretty shakey legal ground showing up at my house for buying something perfectly legal to own and demanding I give it to him.

They know they are on shaky ground before they even knock.

The count on most people's ignorance to get the foot in the door.

Listen to the entire video. The sellers do not have to do anything:

1) He went to eBay to look at Oil Filter Suppressors
2) He googled YouTube videos of Oil Filter Suppressors.
3) Then he bought a large quantity of Oil Filters.

Think "Big Data" aka Data Lake. All this information from search engines and various social media sites and online retailers is flowing into a "Data Lake". Someone in .gov (BATF?) is sitting on top of a giant search engine looking for all of the people who did multiple online searches for "Oil Filter Suppressors" and then purchased multiple Oil Filters.

Big Data and your tax dollars at work. Everyone is worried about FFL Bound Books with 4473's. No worries. They don't need the 4473's for gun confiscations. They can use the same technology to harvest data off the 'net to know what addresses they need to show up at. As well as which ones they will need reinforcements...
Originally Posted by Pappy348
If the last four years have taught us anything, it’s that the proper answer to any question asked by federal LEO is “Lawyer”, sad to say.

Yep, especially because they have some sort of special cut out in the law whereby if you say anything inaccurately to them, intentionally or not, they can put you in jail for lying to them.
Originally Posted by Orion2000

Maybe they follow "official requests" to avoid IRS audits, OSHA inspections, ICE audits, etc.

Yeah, they may not "have" to do anything, but most assuredly, they are pointed out the folly of them failing to do so.

Yep! 😡
Oil filters...

Start buying a bunch of sugar. In hundreds of pounds.
You will get a visit.
Had to warn a friend of that one. He was picking it up for a friend,
paying cash. But they ordered it in his name! And....Well it wasn't for jelly.

Another friend started a greenhouse, ran it for 2 years on the down low.

Then the tax people showed up.
They had went through his suppliers books and saw his purchases.

"MR. XXX what did you do with 7000 plants last year, your records show
you as a factory employee? Are you running a truck farm?"

"Ugh, ugh, NO!"

"I see the greenhouses, you sell plants?"

Now he charges sales tax, pays income tax, gets regular inspections
from the Ag Department, buys permits, carries business insurance....

Funny thing.
He used to charge half of what the other greenhouses charged, and
would run them down as cheating people. "Im making good money..."
Now, he charges about the same.

PREZACTLY!

The Waffen ATF showed up at my door to harass me about a gun I’d sold that had been used in a “crime”.
I told them if they had a warrant or an arrest warrant for me have at it. Other wise talk to my attorney. They left broken-hearted. 🤠
Updated my post. Accidentally pushed post too soon...
Funny how they can track down that guy buying oil filters, but they haven't yet tracked down those purchasing very large, commercial grade fireworks and supplying them to groups like Antifa and their ilk. Local radio talk show guy brought this up a few times. Aren't those type fireworks tightly controlled? Don't you need some type of license to be involved in commercial pyrotechnics ? Can Joe Citizen just purchase a dozen sky mortars, put 'em on his debit card and be on his merry way ? WTF ?? What's wrong with this picture ?
Well, at least they knocked........

Damn that made me laugh out loud.
AI project using a spider (BOT) to collect information.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The East German Stasi would envy the degree to which the US Government tracks our every move.

That ain't no schit Hawk, it's borderline insanity.

Exactly right. And always remember, The state and federal agencies are there to serve the .gov not the people.
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
No tyrant or dictator ever had difficulty finding thugs. The fellow involved is pretty much a compliant pussy.

Take a good look, anybody living in that area.

This is one of the compliant co-conspirator gotta-git-mah-retirement pussies who will be coming for your guns.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Absolutely. Just like the Stasi.
Does he ever say in the video which agency the guy works for?
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Absolutely. Just like the Stasi.

Yep!
Originally Posted by MM879

Yep...
Originally Posted by deflave

He said homeland security. Curious about what part of Michigan does this guy live.
The tinfoil nutters are right again..... wink
Damn

There must be some farmers that buy both fertilizer & diesel by the gobs, do they get visited ?

Think "Big Data" aka Data Lake. All this information from search engines and various social media sites and online retailers is flowing into a "Data Lake". Someone in .gov (BATF?) is sitting on top of a giant search engine looking for all of the people who did multiple online searches for "Oil Filter Suppressors" and then purchased multiple Oil Filters.

Big Data and your tax dollars at work. Everyone is worried about FFL Bound Books with 4473's. No worries. They don't need the 4473's for gun confiscations. They can use the same technology to harvest data off the 'net to know what addresses they need to show up at. As well as which ones they will need reinforcements...

Spot on. Hadn't looked at it that way. Just buying more than one holster on line could get you labeled as an owner of multiple firearms.

We all live in Waco on Ruby Ridge.

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Oil filters...

Start buying a bunch of sugar. In hundreds of pounds.
You will get a visit.
Had to warn a friend of that one. He was picking it up for a friend,
paying cash. But they ordered it in his name! And....Well it wasn't for jelly.

Another friend started a greenhouse, ran it for 2 years on the down low.

Then the tax people showed up.
They had went through his suppliers books and saw his purchases.

"MR. XXX what did you do with 7000 plants last year, your records show
you as a factory employee? Are you running a truck farm?"

"Ugh, ugh, NO!"

"I see the greenhouses, you sell plants?"

Now he charges sales tax, pays income tax, gets regular inspections
from the Ag Department, buys permits, carries business insurance....

Funny thing.
He used to charge half of what the other greenhouses charged, and
would run them down as cheating people. "Im making good money..."
Now, he charges about the same.

One of the other local greenhouses turned him in....a friend sold deer and bear bait out of his barn he got busted for state income and sales tax....lost his home and property....local feed store owner turn him in to get rid of the competition....

Badge looked eerily similar to a Border Patrol Agent badge. grin
I didn't think he looked at youtube videos about suppressors until after they showed up
They put all of this time, effort and money into phuucking w a guy that buys legitimate parts for trucks but won't bust the drug houses that we see all over.

Glad to see they have their priorities straight.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
They put all of this time, effort and money into phuucking w a guy that buys legitimate parts for trucks but won't bust the drug houses that we see all over.

Glad to see they have their priorities straight.

He’s now on the lists of the nsa, fbi, home security, tsa, no fly list, naacp, splc, red flag list, nra, anti defamation league and a few others.
Originally Posted by jorgeI
A sampling of what could lie ahead

Chicken Dinner.

😎
I haven't read the whole thread, but I would bet that if the filters in question had been FRAM, there would be a whole bunch of guys on here who would be cheering on homeland security.
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Pretty crazy (though not surprising) that DHS has nothing better to do than bug a YouTuber that discects filters. I mean, I have seen people load up a truck bed full of oil filters during NAPA's filter sales.

We load up by the case for our boats. Any chance the youtuber is fos and trying to get views?
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Maybe you should watch the video. Just saying......

#3 actually happened before #1, That's what makes this even more bizarre.
Originally Posted by Calvin

We load up by the case for our boats. Any chance the youtuber is fos and trying to get views?

maybe its because he is in Michigan with all the Militia and the paranoid governor?
I'd be interested to see what landed him on a watch list.

I seriously doubt it was simply purchasing a lot of oil filters.
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Funny how they can track down that guy buying oil filters, but they haven't yet tracked down those purchasing very large, commercial grade fireworks and supplying them to groups like Antifa and their ilk. Local radio talk show guy brought this up a few times. Aren't those type fireworks tightly controlled? Don't you need some type of license to be involved in commercial pyrotechnics ? Can Joe Citizen just purchase a dozen sky mortars, put 'em on his debit card and be on his merry way ? WTF ?? What's wrong with this picture ?
Being from New York you can buy commercial grade mortars right over the border in Pa.. Cash and carry.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

I'd like to see what exactly gets surveilled on innocent people.

Answer: Everything.

Nobody has any privacy.

And it's all unconstitutional.

I'd like to see what exactly gets surveilled on innocent people.

Answer: Everything.

Nobody has any privacy.

And it's all unconstitutional.

Rbb, back in the mid 90s Steve Ballmer gave testimony before Congress on this. His words, “ there is no privacy on the internet so get over it “.
Originally Posted by irfubar

Yep The Real Hawkeye use to be considered 100% crazy when he made about the same comments he makes today .

Yep...

AI = Ackley Improved ?

None tech industry minds want to know .
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Yep The Real Hawkeye use to be considered 100% crazy when he made about the same comments he makes today .

Yessir.

I had read on another similar type website a while back that it’s the online purchases of the transition/reducers from filter threads to barrel threads that was being closely monitored.

Yep...

AI = Ackley Improved ?

None tech industry minds want to know .

Artificial Intelligence.

This will answer a lot of questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

Then watch the Netflix movie “ Snowden”.

Then cover cameras and microphones on all your devices until ‘you’ want them turned on.

Now, where did my foil go?

Bullseye. Fishing for ignorance. Using veiled threats and scare tactics, these types limit out just about every day. Sad, really. Ignorance might be bliss, but also can be painful. Very, very painful.

Somebody needs to tell Calvin..... he seems behind... hahahahhahaha
I have been cutting up deer and canning venison the last couple days and low and behold on my you tube algorithms videos on butchering and canning deer show up.... coincidence? hmmmm
Originally Posted by Calvin

maybe its because he is in Michigan with all the Militia and the paranoid governor?

Some people talk too fūcking much.
Originally Posted by kamo_gari

Bullseye. Fishing for ignorance. Using veiled threats and scare tactics, these types limit out just about every day. Sad, really. Ignorance might be bliss, but also can be painful. Very, very painful.

Then you also have the “well meaning “ types who ‘just want to help”.

Yep, especially because they have some sort of special cut out in the law whereby if you say anything inaccurately to them, intentionally or not, they can put you in jail for lying to them.

They will try a Michael Flynn on you
I still can’t figure out what agency he works for.
I still can’t figure out what agency he works for.

In the video he says homeland security.

#3 actually happened before #1, That's what makes this even more bizarre.

I may have the sequence out of order. However, the concept of piecing the data together out of a government Data Lake stands...
I may have the sequence out of order. However, the concept of piecing the data together out of a government Data Lake stands...

To be clearer, he did his research on the subject after the visit. so the only data the cops pieced together would be the fact that he bought a bunch of Oil Filters.........Stellar detective work!

Originally Posted by ironbender

Then cover cameras and microphones on all your devices until ‘you’ want them turned on.

EVERYTHING is collected. Look at that link and ask why the .gov needs to have 12 exabyte storage?

The Snowden video shows a lot of what the intelligence community does.

EVERYTHING is collected. Look at that link and ask why the .gov needs to have 12 exabyte storage?

EXABYTE !!
The hell you say..

First time I’ve heard the term.
I watched the Snowden movie twice and have revised my opinion of him. I never believed he was a traitor but I didn’t think of him as a brave patriot either. I now believe he was closer to a patriot. He didn’t out agents or put us at risk by warning us but he did show us how corrupt our government really is and how they’ll trample our Constitution in order to control us and get us to fear it.

If Obongo, Klinton and the deep state hate him then he can’t be all bad. 😉
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I watched the Snowden movie twice and have revised my opinion of him. I never believed he was a traitor but I didn’t think of him as a brave patriot either. I now believe he was closer to a patriot. He didn’t out agents or put us at risk by warning us but he did show us how corrupt our government really is and how they’ll trample our Constitution in order to control us and get us to fear it.

Similarly, I considered him a rank traitor. But after having listened to him on Rogan's podcast I mentally walked it back some.

Your last sentence..............
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

EXABYTE !!
The hell you say..

First time I’ve heard the term.

Kind of a big number.

Yup!

To be clearer, he did his research on the subject after the visit. so the only data the cops pieced together would be the fact that he bought a bunch of Oil Filters.........Stellar detective work!

Ya... sure.
Someone either didn't do their homework or there's a igger in the wood pile.
I wonder if Trump will pardon Snowden before January?
I wonder if Trump will pardon Snowden before January?

I doubt it. Unfortunately the deep state still maintains some influence, even over Trump, they don’t want us to know what we are up against. They don’t want us to know that the programs written by the CIA, NSA, etc are the types of programs that could be used to steal an election.

Epic Shelter.
I have been cutting up deer and canning venison the last couple days and low and behold on my you tube algorithms videos on butchering and canning deer show up.... coincidence? hmmmm

Your phone recorded everything you said and was listening to you and your wife last night . smile
I use to work with a guy who's brother was a cia employee - way back in 2003 everything was being recorded & stored -according to his brother . EVERYTHING .

Snowden is/was a hero IMO , enjoyed the c-span info. interview , one smart guy he is .
I use to work with a guy who's brother was a cia employee - way back in 2003 everything was being recorded & stored -according to his brother . EVERYTHING .

Snowden is/was a hero IMO , enjoyed the c-span info. interview , one smart guy he is .
Yep.
© 24hourcampfire