Home
Posted By: crc1514 SWFA checkout problems - 11/28/20
Is anyone else having problems with online checkout at SWFA. At the very end of the process, after entering all info, when I hit the place/confirm order button, it sends me back to my credit card info without any warning that something is missing or wrong. I’ve tried multiple times with multiple cards.
Posted By: JGray Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/28/20
My Capital One/Cabelas card won't work at SWFA, but other cards I have do. I've had this issue with the Cabelas card at a couple other places also.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by crc1514
Is anyone else having problems with online checkout at SWFA. At the very end of the process, after entering all info, when I hit the place/confirm order button, it sends me back to my credit card info without any warning that something is missing or wrong. I’ve tried multiple times with multiple cards.

PM me UR CC info & let me try it.........
Posted By: crc1514 Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/28/20
Originally Posted by JGray
My Capital One/Cabelas card won't work at SWFA, but other cards I have do. I've had this issue with the Cabelas card at a couple other places also.

Both the cards I’ve tried are capital one cards, and one is my Cabela’s card. Thanks for the reply
Posted By: crc1514 Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/28/20
Well I just tried a Chase card and got same result
Posted By: renegade50 Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/28/20
Capitalization differences in your name and address registerex on the website versus what your card holder has on record can also cause problems.

I ran into that several times on websites.
And had to call the business and bank/ card holder to see what was up to get it all matching.

Also important using store bought preloaded credit cards.
Make sure you Register the card when activating it exactly the same as the websight you m have an account thing.
Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, I've never had a problem with SWFA taking my money.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

PM me UR CC info & let me try it.........

This place has the most helpful people, in the world!
No issues today with a chase visa
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/28/20
Wouldn’t take my money until I turned off my VPN, which was hosting out of a foreign country at the time. Turned it off, Cha-Ching!
Posted By: sandcritter Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/29/20
Always been a no-go for me (usaa credit and debit) due to a “VPN error”. Every f’n time, have to call the order in, which is no big deal except for the timing of sales vs the demands of work/life. Cust svc lady says their security settings are set pretty tight due to fraud, which is believable, but swfa is literally the only business on the planet that i can’t buy online from. Go figure. It’s saved me some money, though.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/29/20
I had to finally call Midway and talk to someone to place an order. The young lady was very knowledgeable and things then went quickly.

Expecting my order Monday according to UPS.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/29/20
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Always been a no-go for me (usaa credit and debit) due to a “VPN error”. Every f’n time, have to call the order in, which is no big deal except for the timing of sales vs the demands of work/life. Cust svc lady says their security settings are set pretty tight due to fraud, which is believable, but swfa is literally the only business on the planet that i can’t buy online from. Go figure. It’s saved me some money, though.

Some sites always give me trouble with my VPN, some occasionally, and some depending on the country it appears I’m connected from. Gunbroker suspended my account when I logged in with it on.

Gotta love the ads they display when they think you’re from Norway or the Czech Republic!
Posted By: crc1514 Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/30/20
I wanted to update this. I talked to SWFA and they told me that this problem occurs with capital one and a few other cards. The problem has to do with the computer not recognizing the billing address entered with the address on file with the credit card company, even though they really do match. They were able to call my card company and process my order and gave me free shipping on ammo, instead of $9.99, for my troubles. So kudos to SWFA for great customer service.
Posted By: sandcritter Re: SWFA checkout problems - 11/30/20
I wanted to update this. I talked to SWFA and they told me that this problem occurs with capital one and a few other cards. The problem has to do with the computer not recognizing the billing address entered with the address on file with the credit card company, even though they really do match. They were able to call my card company and process my order and gave me free shipping on ammo, instead of $9.99, for my troubles. So kudos to SWFA for great customer service.

Sounds familiar smile
Gonna have to remember to work that “free shipping” consolation prize next time around.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: SWFA checkout problems - 12/01/20
I had several problems placing my order last night too. I kept getting errors that the address didn't match. Switched cards and got a different error about the card date. I had to log out and then place the order as a guest. First card still wouldn't work but the second one did after I was logged out.

I about just gave up and ordered more DMR IIs from Larry.

Bb
© 24hourcampfire