Print Thread
Hop To
C
crc1514 Online Content OP
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Is anyone else having problems with online checkout at SWFA. At the very end of the process, after entering all info, when I hit the place/confirm order button, it sends me back to my credit card info without any warning that something is missing or wrong. I’ve tried multiple times with multiple cards.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My Capital One/Cabelas card won't work at SWFA, but other cards I have do. I've had this issue with the Cabelas card at a couple other places also.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by crc1514
Is anyone else having problems with online checkout at SWFA. At the very end of the process, after entering all info, when I hit the place/confirm order button, it sends me back to my credit card info without any warning that something is missing or wrong. I’ve tried multiple times with multiple cards.

PM me UR CC info & let me try it.........

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

C
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Originally Posted by JGray
My Capital One/Cabelas card won't work at SWFA, but other cards I have do. I've had this issue with the Cabelas card at a couple other places also.

Both the cards I’ve tried are capital one cards, and one is my Cabela’s card. Thanks for the reply

C
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
Well I just tried a Chase card and got same result

IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Capitalization differences in your name and address registerex on the website versus what your card holder has on record can also cause problems.

I ran into that several times on websites.
And had to call the business and bank/ card holder to see what was up to get it all matching.

Also important using store bought preloaded credit cards.
Make sure you Register the card when activating it exactly the same as the websight you m have an account thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, I've never had a problem with SWFA taking my money.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tikkanut

PM me UR CC info & let me try it.........

This place has the most helpful people, in the world!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
No issues today with a chase visa

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wouldn’t take my money until I turned off my VPN, which was hosting out of a foreign country at the time. Turned it off, Cha-Ching!

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Always been a no-go for me (usaa credit and debit) due to a “VPN error”. Every f’n time, have to call the order in, which is no big deal except for the timing of sales vs the demands of work/life. Cust svc lady says their security settings are set pretty tight due to fraud, which is believable, but swfa is literally the only business on the planet that i can’t buy online from. Go figure. It’s saved me some money, though.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I had to finally call Midway and talk to someone to place an order. The young lady was very knowledgeable and things then went quickly.

Expecting my order Monday according to UPS.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sandcritter
Always been a no-go for me (usaa credit and debit) due to a “VPN error”. Every f’n time, have to call the order in, which is no big deal except for the timing of sales vs the demands of work/life. Cust svc lady says their security settings are set pretty tight due to fraud, which is believable, but swfa is literally the only business on the planet that i can’t buy online from. Go figure. It’s saved me some money, though.

Some sites always give me trouble with my VPN, some occasionally, and some depending on the country it appears I’m connected from. Gunbroker suspended my account when I logged in with it on.

Gotta love the ads they display when they think you’re from Norway or the Czech Republic!

What fresh Hell is this?
C
Campfire Member
OP Online Content
Campfire Member
C
I wanted to update this. I talked to SWFA and they told me that this problem occurs with capital one and a few other cards. The problem has to do with the computer not recognizing the billing address entered with the address on file with the credit card company, even though they really do match. They were able to call my card company and process my order and gave me free shipping on ammo, instead of $9.99, for my troubles. So kudos to SWFA for great customer service.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wanted to update this. I talked to SWFA and they told me that this problem occurs with capital one and a few other cards. The problem has to do with the computer not recognizing the billing address entered with the address on file with the credit card company, even though they really do match. They were able to call my card company and process my order and gave me free shipping on ammo, instead of $9.99, for my troubles. So kudos to SWFA for great customer service.

Sounds familiar smile
Gonna have to remember to work that “free shipping” consolation prize next time around.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I had several problems placing my order last night too. I kept getting errors that the address didn't match. Switched cards and got a different error about the card date. I had to log out and then place the order as a guest. First card still wouldn't work but the second one did after I was logged out.

I about just gave up and ordered more DMR IIs from Larry.

Bb

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 117LBS, 10Glocks, 68 invisible), 2,918 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,642
Posts18,512,297
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.