Facebook
Twitter
Flipboard
Email
Copy
SPORTS
Vanderbilt’s Sarah Fuller makes college football history with kickoff
By Zach BrazillerNovember 28, 2020 | 1:55pm | Update

Sarah Fuller is officially the first. She made history Saturday afternoon in Columbia, Mo., becoming the first woman to play in a power-conference college football game.

Fuller, who was chosen this week to be Vanderbilt’s placekicker, kicked off to start the second half of the Commodores’ 41-0 loss to Missouri, writing her name into the record books. Her kick traveled 30 yards. The winless Commodores didn’t give her a chance at a field goal or extra point as they crossed into Tigers territory on just four of their 10 possessions in falling to 0-8.

“Honestly, it’s just so exciting,” Fuller, a native of Wylie, Texas, told the SEC Network in an on-field interview. “The fact that I can represent all the girls out there that have wanted to do this or thought about playing football or any sport really, and it encourages them to be able to step out and do something big like this, it’s awesome.”
Gmafb.
She’ll get laid out over and over
30 yards?? Pretty sure I could do that....
laces out
When she gets Hurt...who will foot the bill for the settlement.
Some kick returner is going to get past the coverage and not even try to dodge her as the last player in front of the goal line.
Originally Posted by fburgtx

I could kick a 30 yard FG at 13...

So she's a football player that now plays kicker in handegg games... She only played during three football games in 3 years at college, so I guess she wasn't a star at any rate. Might as well let her be the first girl to kick a fooseball. Didn't someone joke around with this decades ago..? Taking football players to be kickers for fooseball? It's similar to the Jamaican track athletes becoming bobsledders, a la Cool Runnings. Great movie BTW...

https://vucommodores.com/roster/sarah-fuller/#stats
These Libs put a girl out there on the big stage, she makes a complete fool of herself, and the Libs are oblivious to that. All that matters to them is that they think they prove that a girl can do anything a man can do.
It is Vanderbilt after all, worst team in Tennessee, except for Tennessee...Nashville is Detroit on the Cumberland...
Vandy is woke! I wish they’d let her coach, but she isn’t dark enough.
Wasn’t there a chick kicker at CU like 20+ years ago?

Got the coach in hot water?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katie_Hnida
Originally Posted by fburgtx

Like In 6th grade. Keep lowering the standards
They do great in the military too - someday they'll control the military , men have roadblocked them every step of the way . That's the only reason they aren't majority today. .
Ridiculous.
How about men competing in women’s basketball, tennis, golf......
Go back to MadMooner's post.
Katie Hnida did that ~ 20 years ago.
IIRC, she went on to score a few points in the NFL - but not enough for them to keep her.
Originally Posted by MadMooner

“She now travels the country sharing her journey as a victim of sexual assault.” Translation she got cut from the team and probably burnt by a boyfriend or three on the team so she cashed in as a “victim”
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by MadMooner

“She now travels the country sharing her journey as a victim of sexual assault.” Translation she got cut from the team and probably burnt by a boyfriend or three on the team so she cashed in as a “victim”

No - the word is that her claim of sexual harassment was true - just covered up by "the powers that be"
And I don't fall for many sex claims.
Dewey Oxburger got his ass kicked in Stripes by a woman wrestler.
Anything is possible...
A woke stunt.

I heard an ESPN announcer say that women were finally breaking down the barriers to playing SEC football.

Just more breakdown of society.
Yes, other women have played college football, they made this a big deal because it was in a power 5 conference. I watched the game, and I like how they said the kick was a squib as planned.
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Zactly........
Perfect situation for a trick play... a little wardrobe failure and an easy trip to the end zone...
Every play is not only reviewable but arguable, with unlimited challenges.
I like that tight end in Montanamarine's post!
Originally Posted by byd

Wide receiver more likely.
I'm trying to follow the story but I'm confused. Does anybody know what a Vanderbilt is?
I believe Vanderbilt is the name of the Tycoon who founded the school.

BTW, did you see how fast she was ushered off the field before anyone could hit her? I think 20 yards is how far her kick went. That's the best the SEC could do?
Originally Posted by Bristoe

Someone need to tell dat woman not to lead with her face!
Originally Posted by mathman
Some kick returner is going to get past the coverage and not even try to dodge her as the last player in front of the goal line.

Remember, its Vandy we are talking about. She will only have to kick off once per game and can bunt it out of bounds or squib it, then run off the field and she and the woketards can say she played SEC ball and it won't make any difference towards the outcome of the games. That is all Vandy does anyway.....SAY they play in the SEC but they really don't in a competitive way. I don't think they could win in the G5. Maybe FCS. They are Wofford with money.....that's about it.
I saw that, whatever
Modern feminism is one of the Errors of Russia.
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

I'd love to play in that league.
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]
I’m wondering who initiated the move for her to become the first girl on a team. I’d lay my bet on an institution driven social justice/woke ploy. And one more item on the list of why I won’t watch sports any more.
Women playing football anywhere, anytime is simply a publicity stunt. The strongest, fastest woman on the planet, at her lifetime physical peak (let's call her a mortal Supergirl), could not compete at any level of college football with men. Maybe, just maybe, Supergirl could make the team in high school 6-man football...maybe.
Help me out here...

Is this more important than a kinda oogly black chick becoming Miss Canada, or less?
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Help me out here...

Is this more important than a kinda oogly black chick becoming Miss Canada, or less?
Neither. Both are only good for LULZ.
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Help me out here...

Okay, need more help...

What’s LULZ?
Originally Posted by Magnumdood
Women playing football anywhere, anytime is simply a publicity stunt. The strongest, fastest woman on the planet, at her lifetime physical peak (let's call her a mortal Supergirl), could not compete at any level of college football with men. Maybe, just maybe, Supergirl could make the team in high school 6-man football...maybe.

Women are equal to men and should be paid the same.......Like the WORLD CHAMPION USA women's soccer team........The same team that lost a scrimmage to 15 yr old boys.......
Originally Posted by watch4bear

At 2:20 : As of 2018 nearly 300 High School Guys in just the US were faster than the women’s world record holder at the 400 meters. Telling.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Every play is not only reviewable but arguable, with unlimited challenges.

LOL, including that one game from five years ago......
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That was good training for her future life in the single wide...

After he knocked her down with the first punch, the guy should have realized there was nothing further to prove, so just play some rope-a-dope, for troop entertainment purposes, and let her get her shots in until she could no longer hold up her arms, then end the fight with hard right to the jaw, just to bring her back to reality of God's purpose for women and men.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'll bet she gets moist in a carpet store.
Hey diddle diddle right up the middle 😂
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Help me out here...

Okay, need more help...

What’s LULZ?
Making funny, derisive comments; enjoying the utter stupidity of others; getting pleasure from other's failures which they insist are wins.
That woman is nothing but a disgrace to the Army.
Was it just a Cunning Stunt...

Or is she just a Stunning .....

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
I used to think the same as most here until my daughter wanted to play hockey 3 years ago. She was 7 when she started.

Its a man's sport but I agreed but no girls league, your gonna play with the guys.

At first I figured she would get knocked in the boards a few times, roughed up and call it quits..right?

I was wrong, my girl has attitude. Seen her throw her gloves off more than once going after a kid. Shes put more than one boy in the boards.

If she can do it with no special rules cuz she's a girl. More power to them

No special rules. Play the same as the guys

Attached picture 20201129_203815.jpg
WGAS. It’s Vanderbilt....
On a positive note, if one exists, Vanderbilt fired their pitiful affirmative action head football coach today.
Originally Posted by hungryhollow

Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.

Yeah, I have to agree.
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
I used to think the same as most here until my daughter wanted to play hockey 3 years ago. She was 7 when she started.

Its a man's sport but I agreed but no girls league, your gonna play with the guys.

At first I figured she would get knocked in the boards a few times, roughed up and call it quits..right?

I was wrong, my girl has attitude. Seen her throw her gloves off more than once going after a kid. Shes put more than one boy in the boards.

My Daughter competed in sports also, and fortunately we had female sports here. I was, and still am, very proud of her. I don't know how old your daughter is right now. Pre-puberty, the girls often out grow the boys and they mature sooner. However, when a boys testosterone kicks in and he grows hair around his privates, under his arms, chest, chin, etc...their propensity and innate natural ability to be physically dominating FAR outweighs the ladies. FAR outweighs. The ladies simply match a man's strength and speed pound for pound. Add to that almost all men are taller and heavier than women and this further puts them at a distinct advantage when engaged in controlled or uncontrolled violence. I would guess that by the time a young lady is 18 ~ 21, and the men are also 18 ~ 21, there is no chance a lady could match or even survive in a violent sport, i.e., Hockey, Football and the biggie (currently) MMA if competing against men.

She's playing with the guys because the guys are letting her play.

Don't get confused.

Any girl that can compete in a man's sport will have a flat top haircut and a pack of Marlboros rolled up in her t-shirt sleeve by the time she's 25,.....a tattoo of Popeye the Sailor Man showing on her upper arm.
Any girl that can compete in a man's sport will have a flat top haircut and a pack of Marlboros rolled up in her t-shirt sleeve by the time she's 25,.....a tattoo of Popeye the Sailor Man showing on her upper arm.

LOL
Originally Posted by deflave

Don't get confused.

She thanks you for the support dickhead but she's actually better than most of the guys.

Don't get confused.

Is that the blond chicken knocking you on your ass? 'Sides, getting knocked down on turf hurts but isn't [bleep]. Try getting hit like that and hitting ice.

My Daughter competed in sports also, and fortunately we had female sports here. I was, and still am, very proud of her. I don't know how old your daughter is right now. Pre-puberty, the girls often out grow the boys and they mature sooner. However, when a boys testosterone kicks in and he grows hair around his privates, under his arms, chest, chin, etc...their propensity and innate natural ability to be physically dominating FAR outweighs the ladies. FAR outweighs. The ladies simply match a man's strength and speed pound for pound. Add to that almost all men are taller and heavier than women and this further puts them at a distinct advantage when engaged in controlled or uncontrolled violence. I would guess that by the time a young lady is 18 ~ 21, and the men are also 18 ~ 21, there is no chance a lady could match or even survive in a violent sport, i.e., Hockey, Football and the biggie (currently) MMA if competing against men.

Shes 10. I know her future isn't to bright in hockey, which she loves but she will play as long as she can.

She thanks you for the support dickhead but she's actually better than most of the guys.

Co-ed junior leagues have been around for a long time.

That doesn't mean they can hang at the collegiate or professional levels. Which is what this thread is about.
Girls can't be goalies in hockey. They suction cup to the ice when they do a split to stop the puck.

Amen!

As another proud father of a strong daughter and the product of strong women, married to an equally strong woman, I approve this message. 👍

If you want to do the job you do it on an equal footing. You don’t get extra points for being a girl. You have to be tough but soft. Aggressive yet feminine. Quiet yet HEARD. Those are the invaluable lessons I don’t think I’d be able to teach a young lady. The qualities of such behavior is an art form and thankfully I married a master artisan. 😁. My wife is the epitome of class and feminine beauty, she is strong and determined , yet nurturing and soft. Those are juxtapositions I don’t have any experience navigating but because my mom and grandma were ladies like my wife I damn sure knew what it looked and sounded like....or what it didn’t sound like. 😁

Co-ed junior leagues have been around for a long time.

That doesn't mean they can hang at the collegiate or professional levels. Which is what this thread is about.

I agree if she can't hang then or any woman, then get a different job. Until then...

It’s funny, Derek Mason started a girl kicker then got fired.

Don't get confused.

Okay.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Get woke go broke?
Some can compete until boys reach puberty and testosterone kicks in. Boys hold back playing with girls and that is a well known fact in our culture.

My younger sister, who was a pretty good female athlete, competed and placed second in state in punt pass and kick when she was 9 and agin placed in state at age 10.. Even she knew in a few years she could not compete with boys.

Don't get confused.

But, but, girls are,eq,,,,

Must be nice to live in fantasy land
Maybe they should move back and play from the same teebox as the men do. That's equality.
Maybe they should make football teams hire 50% girls. Equality of opportunity be damned. It's diversity. Just like making schools admit Negroes due to affirmative action. Why bother making grduates have ability?
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie

After he knocked her down with the first punch, the guy should have realized there was nothing further to prove, so just play some rope-a-dope, for troop entertainment purposes, and let her get her shots in until she could no longer hold up her arms, then end the fight with hard right to the jaw, just to bring her back to reality of God's purpose for women and men.

No.

Woman in a combat zone running her suck got what she deserved, nay, needed.

I'm really glad there were no women around where I served.

I hate to break this to you, but the difference is staggering. I say that as someone who's practiced with an NHL team, and played an exhibition against the US Women's Olympic team.

After 15, it isn't happening in any decent program with > mediocre talent.
It's no wonder kids these days can't figure out which bathroom to use.

Yup.....until that puberty kicks in. She'll changer her mind when the boys suddenly get much bigger and stronger.
So one day when I was 45, my girlfriend decided she could outrun me. Now she plays soccer constantly, was on her college soccer team and runs 5 miles a day,,,,,and was 10 years younger than me. Plus, I was smoking a pack a day at the time and hadn't run more than a mile in 20 years. Her 2 daughters were so excited to see the big race and their mommy teaching me a lesson. I got up off the couch, didn't even change from office shoes. We went to the park,,,,,Go!.... In the 100 yd, from about 15 yds behind me, I her her gasp "Holy Schidt".....She never made fun of me after that.

It's not that I'm amazing,,,,it's male vs. female in physical ability.

So you’re ok with men playing on the women’s basketball team, track team, tennis team, golf team, etc?
No special rules, just play the same as the girls.
If that happens, girls sports are over.
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Not sure that’s why he got fired.
Originally Posted by dale06

So you’re ok with men playing on the women’s basketball team, track team, tennis team, golf team, etc?
No special rules, just play the same as the girls.
If that happens, girls sports are over.

IMO women sports is basically dying anyway.

Eventually they will make my daughter join a all girls team. We asked her if she wanted to go on a girls team this season but she wants the challenge.

I'm still getting used to this coed thing.
This gets unreal. They let her get up and give a lecture to the football team at half time. This was before she had even played a single down of football.

https://www.outkick.com/vanderbilts...fill-in-kicker-giving-a-halftime-speech/

VANDERBILT’S SARAH FULLER PUBLICITY STUNT INCLUDED A HALFTIME SPEECH
by JOE KINSEY
a day agoupdated a day ago
19Comments
If you were on the fence about whether Vanderbilt using soccer goalie Sarah Fuller as a fill-in kicker for Saturday’s game against Missouri was a publicity stunt or a necessity, you got your answer on Sunday when it was announced that Fuller had given a halftime speech to her new teammates. Keep in mind, Fuller hadn’t yet stepped foot on the field for her kickoff before giving this speech.

ESPN reporter Courtney Cronin jumped on a Zoom call to chat with Fuller about her time on the Vandy football team and that’s when we learned that Fuller was given the floor to address her fellow football players.

“If I’m going to be honest, I was a little pissed off at how quiet everybody was on the sideline,” Fuller told Cronin. “We made a first down, and I was the only one cheering and I was like – what the heck? What’s going on? And I tried to get them pumped up, and I was like, ‘You guys need to start [cheering] your team on.’

“My main thing was during the SEC tournament, my entire team was cheering the entire time. It didn’t matter if we were in the locker room or if they were on the sidelines, I think that’s what won it for us. Everybody was cheering non-stop. I just went in there, and I said exactly what I was thinking. I was like, ‘We need to be cheering each other on. This is how you win games. This is how you get better by calling each other out for stuff, and I’m going to call you guys out.’

“We need to be supporting one another. If we get a first down, if an interception happens, it’s our fault. We need to be lifting each other up. That’s what a team’s about. I think this team has struggled, and that’s been part of it. We really just need to build that team camaraderie where they can all lean on one another. It was an adjustment going from that team mentality where – hey, we’re all here supporting one another, and I just wanted to bring that to this team.”

Where do we even start with this nonsensical, Disney-ification of the football season that coronabros and coronasisters didn’t want to happen? If you haven’t read Jason Whitlock’s column on this Fuller story, it’s worth your time. Start there.

As for this speech, you mean to tell me that a kicker who was pulled off the women’s soccer team and who started practicing with the football team on Tuesday was given the floor to lecture teammates on Saturday?

“I hope I gained their respect. It wasn’t ill-intentioned at all, I just want this team to succeed and do well,” Fuller told Cronin. “I’m a Vanderbilt student-athlete. I want all our sports to succeed. I call it how I see it, and I’m not going to BS anybody. Didn’t want to BS them.”

Do you think freshman players on the women’s soccer team who’ve never seen the field get up and give speeches to players who’ve given four years to a program? Nope. Not happening.

There’s no further debate about this. Fuller was used as a publicity stunt, and it is clear as day ESPN had its hands in it. Don’t be shocked if we find out soon that ESPN had cameras rolling during Fuller’s hero speech.
This gets unreal. They let her get up and give a lecture to the football team at half time. This was before she had even played a single down of football.
I guess staring at 41-0 and 0-8 they deserved it! LOL! laugh

That would sure suck - do nothing but lose, get lectured by a bitch, and then get razzed by your friends for playing with a bitch. laugh

https://www.outkick.com/vanderbilts...fill-in-kicker-giving-a-halftime-speech/

VANDERBILT’S SARAH FULLER PUBLICITY STUNT INCLUDED A HALFTIME SPEECH
by JOE KINSEY
a day agoupdated a day ago
19Comments
If you were on the fence about whether Vanderbilt using soccer goalie Sarah Fuller as a fill-in kicker for Saturday’s game against Missouri was a publicity stunt or a necessity, you got your answer on Sunday when it was announced that Fuller had given a halftime speech to her new teammates. Keep in mind, Fuller hadn’t yet stepped foot on the field for her kickoff before giving this speech.

ESPN reporter Courtney Cronin jumped on a Zoom call to chat with Fuller about her time on the Vandy football team and that’s when we learned that Fuller was given the floor to address her fellow football players.

“If I’m going to be honest, I was a little pissed off at how quiet everybody was on the sideline,” Fuller told Cronin. “We made a first down, and I was the only one cheering and I was like – what the heck? What’s going on? And I tried to get them pumped up, and I was like, ‘You guys need to start [cheering] your team on.’

“My main thing was during the SEC tournament, my entire team was cheering the entire time. It didn’t matter if we were in the locker room or if they were on the sidelines, I think that’s what won it for us. Everybody was cheering non-stop. I just went in there, and I said exactly what I was thinking. I was like, ‘We need to be cheering each other on. This is how you win games. This is how you get better by calling each other out for stuff, and I’m going to call you guys out.’

“We need to be supporting one another. If we get a first down, if an interception happens, it’s our fault. We need to be lifting each other up. That’s what a team’s about. I think this team has struggled, and that’s been part of it. We really just need to build that team camaraderie where they can all lean on one another. It was an adjustment going from that team mentality where – hey, we’re all here supporting one another, and I just wanted to bring that to this team.”

Where do we even start with this nonsensical, Disney-ification of the football season that coronabros and coronasisters didn’t want to happen? If you haven’t read Jason Whitlock’s column on this Fuller story, it’s worth your time. Start there.

As for this speech, you mean to tell me that a kicker who was pulled off the women’s soccer team and who started practicing with the football team on Tuesday was given the floor to lecture teammates on Saturday?

“I hope I gained their respect. It wasn’t ill-intentioned at all, I just want this team to succeed and do well,” Fuller told Cronin. “I’m a Vanderbilt student-athlete. I want all our sports to succeed. I call it how I see it, and I’m not going to BS anybody. Didn’t want to BS them.”

Do you think freshman players on the women’s soccer team who’ve never seen the field get up and give speeches to players who’ve given four years to a program? Nope. Not happening.

There’s no further debate about this. Fuller was used as a publicity stunt, and it is clear as day ESPN had its hands in it. Don’t be shocked if we find out soon that ESPN had cameras rolling during Fuller’s hero speech.

Fugkin' hilarious.
I read something about her and her 30 yard kick this morning. They gave her some kind of award,...a golden tampon, or something.
I read something about her and her 30 yard kick this morning. They gave her some kind of award,...a golden tampon, or something.
And she got a hug from her girlfriend
It was mounted on a walnut base and the string had been unwound at the top to form a "V" for victory,.......or vagina,...I forget.
You must watch...

LMAO

the locker room must be interesting
I didn't realize it was that bad. I thought the ball went up in the air.

That looked like somebody slingin' dog schitt off their shoe.
I didn't realize it was that bad. I thought the ball went up in the air.

That looked like somebody slingin' dog schitt off their shoe.

Listen to the crowd before the kick, and at the moment of impact.

LMFAO

#democrats
I'm proud of my daughter for the way she plays hockey but if she ever gets pompous and arrogant like that, I'd kick her ass.
During my college years I played a lot of intramural sports. That included co-ed sports. The rules for coed sports included the requirement that the team had to have "X" amount of girls on the field/court at all times. You could field more girls (and less men), but never field less than the minimum girls. The strategy was universal; how can we cover up the girls with enough male talent to win?
Having a tough time wrapping my head around calling the act of kicking a football one time in the middle of a losing cause "playing football"? She would have been as effective if she had been the half time entertainment and wouldn't have had to put on the uniform. Either way, she's in no danger of getting her uniform dirty......
Son played Varsity soccer last year, messed up season with all the restrictions. We ended up playing a team that I don't think we would normally play (I am not your sports fan but I support my son). This team had several girls. I can echo all of the other testimonials, pre-teen years, that's a determination thing and girls mature faster no doubt. Post pubescence, mixing genders is foolish at the least and borders on irresponsible. These boys are playing to win, there is no mercy. One girl left the field after catching a ball to the face, she had lost consciousness, should have went to ER but I think blind pride of the parents prevented it......
if she was ever to be in a pile say for a fumbled ball, I won't be surprise if some guy grabs a feel of her.

Originally Posted by Scotty
if she was ever to be in a pile say for a fumbled ball, I won't be surprise if some guy grabs a feel of her.

Sounds like you're projecting . . . smirk
Girls playing sports cost me world-class Cooch. During my Junior year in college I was in a philosophy seminar on Aristotle and I started to sit next to a hot blonde chick. She was struggling so I started helping her with her work and we went out for scorpion bowls at the Hong Kong bar and buffett. Things were looking up. She said her name was Elizabeth and was from Elliot House. We had an intramural flag football game against them that weekend. Elliot had a reputation for being sore losers but were competitive. We were leading in the game when a toothy azzhat decided to tackle our female quarterback who was a two time national champ hockey player. He leveled her and knocked her unconscious. I decided then and there that they would pay. I was about 220lbs at the time but was pretty strong. I intercepted the pass of one of them and ran hard as I could to smash the one who had tackled our quarterback. I literally knock the air of out him and frog kicked his buddy on the way to the end zone. He got up and he rushed towards me. I had been earnestly doing Taichi for 6 months straight. Not western play with your own balls in the park style but with a crazy traditional teacher who was likely to attack me at any time. I hit him with a modified hip check and then finished with a firearm's carry that left him on the sidelines. The other dude got up and I went after him too. My whole team dogpiled on me and they got them off as I was as pizzed as I have ever been in my life. It turns out that the asshat that I hit first was good old Jason Bourne wannabee Matt Damon and the feller that I had frogkicked was Andrew Shue who was at Princeton but was up to see his sister. His sister was there and she was the girl Elizabeth who I thought I would get lucky with. Turns out that she was famous too for being in the Karate Kid and Adventures in Babysitting. She was a very pretty girl but she never as once talked to me again and didn't come back to the philosophy class. So there you see I got cock blocked by a female playing sports.
I have a son that wrestles in middle school. There are girls that wrestle. One girl is a bad ass wrestler, but she’s in 6th grade and is probably in the 65-70lb weight class. My son has never wrestled a girl but we’ve talked about the possibility. I’ve told him to forfeit. Apparently I’m the only one but I don’t like the thought of wrestling a girl down like that.

I’ve seen quite a few matches with girls and i just don’t have the stomach for it.
So a 30 yard kick off is something to celebrate at the College level ..that's only 60 feet farther than the required minimum for an onsides kick. Most of which travel close to that they yard milestone ...

WTF is wrong with this Country anymore
© 24hourcampfire