Home
One of my wife's cousins has 3 sons named Remington, Marlin, and Cooper.
"ASTRA! Take out the fuggin' trash!"
Kimber , Ruger and Colt are waiting in the car .
Kids - no.
Pets - dad named his lab after George Digweed
My dog is named Cooper but it has nothing to do with their $2000 .22 rifles.
“Zastava...! Pick up your dirty clothes and put em’ in the hamper...!”
One of my friends in high school was nicknamed "Savage"
Odd names for children ... now where have I heard of that before ...
If my son had been born a girl, should I have named her "Raven" ?
I have family to honor with family names.
My dogs are named after places in Alaska.
There’s nothing wrong either way but I’ve seen a guy yell “Colt” and 3 hunting dogs, a pony and 4 kids come running. 😁
Ridiculous to do that. Besides Cooper, the founder of the rifle company, is a real gun control liberal and contributed to Obama's campaign. I believe he is no longer affiliated with the company.
Stepson of my cousin got married and had a baby boy......Benelli. After his goose gun.
My grand son is named Colt.
This is his when he gets older.
1901, 38WCF, silver plated, engraved.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
....and I have twin boys. Here they come. Holland and Holland! Come meet your cousin JC Higgens...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Nice...!
Originally Posted by Teal
....and I have twin boys. Here they come. Holland and Holland! Come meet your cousin JC Higgens...

LMFAO.

JBMI, That’s a beautiful and special gift. 👍
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Stepson of my cousin got married and had a baby boy......Benelli. After his goose gun.
lol
My wife agreed to name our son John Moses until I told her what it meant in a moment of drunken weakness.

One of many reasons she's now my ex-wife.

Okie John
Originally Posted by okie john
My wife agreed to name our son John Moses until I told her what it meant in a moment of drunken weakness.
I wanted to name my son Vlad. She didn’t dig it.
All my children are named Glock.
I've known dogs named: Remington, Eley, Briley, Ruger, Krieghoff etc. but to do that to your kids? Then again, there was that English singer, Dusty Springfield. I could see a daughter named Elsie Smith - - - . Winchester could work for a guy or Winny for a girl. Boss (it's a high end English Shotgun) could be a cool name, then all those Pakistani gas station guys would actually know your name. "Anything else there Boss?"
Not I. Rebecca, Jacob, Rachel.
No, I preferred to name my son after the Father of the Constitution.
Named my boy Peterlongo.
I had a dog I named Browning some years ago.
My dad coached a couple of twin boys of color in little league baseball.......swore they both claimed to go by the same name....so the coaches had to get creative to distinguish the two...

Pete and repeat.....
My dad coached a couple of twin boys of color in little league baseball.......swore they both claimed to go by the same name....so the coaches had to get creative to distinguish the two...

Pete and repeat.....
Couple members here are named after a gun maker.

They are Hecklers,
and like Koch (kock).
Any Henry's out there?
Kid my son went to daycare with was named Remington. I had to ask when I met the kid’s folks if it was after the gun company or Remington Steel, it was the gunmaker.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
There’s nothing wrong either way but I’ve seen a guy yell “Colt” and 3 hunting dogs, a pony and 4 kids come running. 😁

Maybe it’s just me but every 4 year named Colton at our church, needed his ass to up. With a belt or even a shoe

And we have had three in 10 or so years.

Edit one was named Colson but same deal

My daughter Uzi is a real handful.
I work with a guy,

He gots twin brother.

Dad is Bill

Guy i work with is Bill 2

His twin is Bill 3.

Wtf?
My son's name is Tikka.
Couple of white trash kids up the hill, live in a trailer.

Harrington and Richardson
Originally Posted by antlers
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]Nice...!

Very nice.
I have a black lab named Ruger.
Originally Posted by cowdoc
One of my friends in high school was nicknamed "Savage"

Wow. I dated a girl we called "Savage" in high school.
Oldest son is Remington and youngest is Spencer.
No, but Daisy is a cute girl name.
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Named my boy Peterlongo.

I used to have a girlfriend who called me that.

Okie John
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine

Had a lab named Daisy, after the BB gun. Good dog, I miss her.
Wife named her cat Parker after my shotgun. Now we both have a Parker.
Bass boat. Knew a fam that named a son Skeet.
I named my oldest Sturmgeweher but they misspelled it "Alexander" on his birth certificate.
I named my daughter after a state.

Idaho.
My nephew named his boys Remington and Ryder
My dogs name is Remington Smoke, that's the name on her papers when I got her as a puppy, 15 years ago, I call her Smoke. Great dog. Rio7

My Great Grandson, 5 yrs old, is Justin Roper Johnson, his Daddy is a rancher, and a roper and his mother--my granddaughter is a Barrel racer and Roper, and a hell of a ranch wife. Being a old Rancher I like the name. Rio7
Lots of Colts are out there
I’ve always thought John Moses would make a cool first and middle name but my wife didn’t like it.
Originally Posted by IZH27
Bass boat. Knew a fam that named a son Skeet.

That’s most unfortunate.
No, stop naming your kids stupid fuggin names. Also stop naming your kids fairly common name but changing the spelling and making it miserable for everyone else that ever has too spell their name throughout their life , especially their teachers etc. it’s just fuggin stupid stop doing dumb crap.
Slightly off topic, but I know of a boat named Dickens Cider. Say it fast. Always thought that amusing.
Lorcin Davis.

His nickname is Hi-Point.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
One of my wife's cousins has 3 sons named Remington, Marlin, and Cooper.

Not firearms, per se., but a friend of mine (ex-Air Force) named his daughter Allison - after the wonderful WWII fighter plane engine..

Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
Yes it is... smile
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

Maybe it’s just me but every 4 year named Colton at our church, needed his ass to up. With a belt or even a shoe

And we have had three in 10 or so years.

Edit one was named Colson but same deal

Yeah, there is sumtin up with that "colt" name.

This kids mom claims she named him after the malt liquor though.

anybody met a kid named "Cerberus" yet?
I have a dog named Rigby and may name the next one Mauser but not the kids.
I can almost see it now, headline:

'PPK Washington, aka 'Pistol', 'Autorapper', 'L'il gun', 'Smallframe', a rapper from Detroit, arrest for..............................'

I probably need sensitivity training, reeducation or something....
Originally Posted by auk1124

Hi-Point.

Dang ya beat me to it!

Now what’d be a real feat would be to have Swamplord’s H&R and our Hi-Point as step siblings...
I gave up parental rights on my son, Remlin, because he no longer exists. My son, Mannlicher, is getting teased a lot in junior high. Can't figure out why.
Originally Posted by SCgman1

Pete and repeat.....
We had a similar problem when I worked in Miami........

Had a Jose that was in our 'area' for quite a while, then along comes another Jose................

We called him Hose-B, to differentiate!
I have known Cash, Match, Cougar, Houston(where he was conceived),ruger, and yes I agree with ridgerunnerky about screwing up the spelling of your kids name. I do highschool and college sporting events and you would not believe how badly a parent can screw up the spelling. I had a player one time that when you looked at the name was pronounced a simple way, but I found out after saying it that I was nowhere close to how it was suppose to be according to the parent. The way they pronounced it and how it was spelled where not even in the same dictionary. As far as names that don't match the spelling with the name are the inner city kids, wow.
Colton's are a special catagory.....

Coltons drop spud wrenches down the drill hole when doing BOP testing and hooking up hydraulics......
Coltons dont use dummy cords with their tools cause they are high speed.
Coltons cause 2 days of down time on 450k daily rate off shore oil rigs.
Coltons cause the drill floor, deck, and crane crew to pull 5700 ft of drill pipe and BOP pressure testing tool. Rerig everything and go back into the hole with a magnetic tool to get Coltons 12 inch spud wrench he dropped 5700 ft...
Then pull it all again and rerig to do BOP testing again.

Coltons dont get fired cause unca is the drill floor pusher and dada is one on another rig....

Coltons get sent to another rig.
Cause Colton feels ashamed and thinks everyone hates him and colton's dont see the need for dummy cords when working around a open drill hole on the drill floor.....

Coltons are worth keeping on after 900k of down time on a leased rig.
Damn, Colton......... You tha man....
Groids name their choodruns after cars they’ll never be able to afford.
Originally Posted by JPro
Damn, Colton......... You tha man....

Colton was lucky his spud wrench didnt damage the annualar after backing off the riser tower 1 section up for the ROV inspection.
Pulling and resetting a Annualar/ possibly the whole 45 ft tall BOP probably woulda got Colton a bad write up which unca and dada woulda protected him from down the line anyways.

Dont be a Colton is the moral of the story and you wont sit by yourself in the Galley during chow times for the rest of the hitch.
Next 21 day hitch Colton got transferred to another rig.
AMF Colton..........
LOL!!!
The Coltons I knew off, one was usually carried into church lby the back belt loops like a suitcase handle

And carried out the same way half way through the preaching for a parking lot ass tanning intermission.

I’m betting a $10 spot this kid grown claims a peanut butter allergy and additionally requires the crust be sawn off his Wonderbread sandwiches.
Groids name their choodruns after cars they’ll never be able to afford.

Lamborghini Lewis Johnson.
Mercedes Alisha Brown.

Or the all time montgomery jail classic..

Romania Gadsen...

A country and a city in Alabama.

Daily Double...

You seen her pics on the inmate website.

Holy fugg...
Genetic Milkshake gone wrong as schitt...

LOL!!!
The Colson I cited in the 3-pack

Ho lee phouck.....diaper till he was almost 3 yrs old. Braining other infants in the nursery with Tonka trucks, choking on legos. Little bastard get all red and splotchy like Lupus before a meltdown.

Kid needed to be kenneled

Pete and repeat.....

Pete and repeat.....

I see what you did there.

I see what you did there.

Then you have the people who give their boys real "tough guy" names that the kids will never be able to live up to.
Grover Cleveland XxXxxx,s original thru IV are a special type also.

Sorry man....
I couldn't resist...

LMFAO!!!!
grin crazy laugh laugh laugh
Originally Posted by renegade50
Grover Cleveland XxXxxx,s original thru IV are a special type also.

Sorry man....
I couldn't resist...

LMFAO!!!!
grin crazy laugh laugh laugh

Once again, there is nothing more stupid than putting "Last Name Roman Numeral" on the back of jerseys. The Roman numeral has nothing to do with the freaking last name, it refers to the first name.
Eliphalet could be an excellent boys name
Originally Posted by 5sdad

Then you have the people who give their boys real "tough guy" names that the kids will never be able to live up to.

Aw, I'm sure Clint Bronson is a total badass
A kid named Savage would be lit. 🔥
My sons names are John, James and Mathew

My mothers best friend growing up her Dads real name was Shirley. EVERYONE called him Red. He was a bear of a man. Only reason I knew his name was Shirley because my Mom told me.
Threads like this keep me coming back to the 'fire.
Here come cousin NEF and his girlfriend Ithaca
Originally Posted by k20350

My mothers best friend growing up her Dads real name was Shirley. EVERYONE called him Red. He was a bear of a man. Only reason I knew his name was Shirley because my Mom told me.

I bet he got a kick out of the Airplane movie.
No, but I name gyps and bitches after women I dislike.
I dare somebody to name their daughter Sccy.
Naming kids after firearms manufacturers is ridiculous. My sons Glenlivet and Talisker would kick my ass if I'd done that to them.
I’ve a buddy with two sons....Remington and Ruger. He uhh....fits the profile.
Originally Posted by cooper57m
I've known dogs named: Remington, Eley, Briley, Ruger, Krieghoff etc. but to do that to your kids? Then again, there was that English singer, Dusty Springfield. I could see a daughter named Elsie Smith - - - . Winchester could work for a guy or Winny for a girl. Boss (it's a high end English Shotgun) could be a cool name, then all those Pakistani gas station guys would actually know your name. "Anything else there Boss?"

I gifted my long time hunting bud a Springfield. He loves that gun, named it Dusty Springfield...

Not sure about gun names for kids. I do know a guy who's first name is Colt...

DF

Originally Posted by eaglemountainman
Slightly off topic, but I know of a boat named Dickens Cider. Say it fast. Always thought that amusing.

Oh yeah, I like to warm mine up a bit. On a cool fall morning there is nothing like a warm Dicken's Cider. My wife likes to let hers ferment for a while before she has it. Yup, she prefers a hard Dicken's Cider.
My wife often mentions craving a Dickens Cider. I've been meaning to see if I can find some on Amazon.
Does she like in the can? lol
I wanted to do so; but, my wife told me, in no uncertain terms, that there's no way she could ever warm up to two kids named Lorcin and Chiappa.
Dad? Why is my sister's name 'Daisy'?

Because that's your mom's favorite flower. Why do you ask Winchester M70?
Does she like in the can? lol

Originally Posted by 700LH
Eliphalet could be an excellent boys name

The monkey he got drunk,
And sucked on Eliphalet's junk.
Eliphalet snoze,
And shot out his hose.
And what became of the monk, the monk, the monk?
pert near all my family wears the name of this Patent holder:

'Cousin' Dr. Edward Maynard. We've been carrying the name since John Maynard came here in the mid 17th C.

I have a daughter and two sons. Son #1 is Gunnar Benjamin and #2 is Steyr Jensen. Both have a family name and an cultural/heritage name included as part of their first/middle names.

No, my daughter is not named after a Steyr rifle model.... don't even go there!
named 3 dogs after guns. Rigby, Mauser, and Chester.
Dont have kids but was figuring on boys names maybe Arrizabalaga, Aranzabal and Uralvagonzavod for a girl.
© 24hourcampfire