Home
Posted By: wabigoon What's you get? - 12/26/20
laugh[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: johnw Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Wallet, gloves, battery bank type phone charger, bluetooth speaker

Got to spread some joy to a couple of needy homes in our church
Also hope we made a difference, in a smaller way, for the employees of a small diner we frequent
Does more for me at Christmas than anything I could find under a tree in the front room
Posted By: slumlord Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
A tin of cookies made by my sister. Probably with her Bengal cat on the counter while she made the dough

Those will be “treats” for the Labrador retrievers. 😃
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
It literally arrived at my FFL on Christmas Eve. A Wilson Combat/Beretta 92G Centurion Tactical. It comes with AmeriGlo Hackathorn night sights (orange front, blacked out rear), beveled mag well, rear and front strap checkering, Wilson's extended steel mag release, Wilson's steel decocker replaces the thumb safety, Wilson's magazine guide replaces the lanyard loop, Wilson springs and tolerances throughout (super light and smooth double action), G10 grips, steel trigger and guide rod, etc..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: renegade50 Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Same ole same old...
Fugging box of 2 old Wisconsin summer sausage with ritz crackers and that seed mustard schitt.
A BPS and Cabela,s gift card for 50 bucks each.

JFC.....
Been like this for years.

Fugging not a thing I wanta buy at their inflated fugging prices online or at BPS in nashville.....

Fugging sell em both for 75 bucks cash if I can and buy some stuff at midsouth down the road 3 miles.....
Posted By: Tarkio Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
I have fun in the giving. Got everything I need and most everything I want so the crew always bitches about me being hard to buy for.

Bought my boy a welder. Made his Christmas. Have to rewire the outlet in the shop to get it set up. But I dug out the little 110v wire feed for him, bought him a chop saw, grinder, welding bench etc. He has been going to town learning how to run that welder. Which is good because he is training and getting his weight down for wrestling so he needed something to occupy himself.

My wife got the daughter a custom made jewelry box by a very talented artist. Covered with hair-on-hide and leather accents. Really cool piece for her to keep her things.

We got the kids an espresso machine. They love their fu-fu coffee. Daughter got the son a Virtual Reality headset that they both really enjoy.

Was a good Christmas. Low key and laid back.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Originally Posted by slumlord
A tin of cookies made by my sister. Probably with her Bengal cat on the counter while she made the dough

Bengal cats are azzholes....
They get front and rear declawed around here....

LOL!!!
Posted By: hunter4623 Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Being single and not having kids, I bought myself a Schmidt and Habermann rifle in 8x57. Octagon barrel, some nice engraving. Made between the world wars. Should have it in hand in a couple weeks.

Spent the day with the family and had lots of laughs. Doesn’t get much better than that
Originally Posted by hunter4623
Being single and not having kids, I bought myself a Schmidt and Habermann rifle in 8x57. Octagon barrel, some nice engraving. Made between the world wars. Should have it in hand in a couple weeks.

You will need to post some pics of that when it arrives.
Posted By: WAM Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
T

Homemade treats made by anyone who has cats or those I’ve not personally seen how they keep house automatically say Merry Christmas to the chickens....
Posted By: hookeye Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Got signed book "Monsters of River & Rock". Adrian Smith.
Proly start it tonight.
Then set along signed "What does this button do?"
(Bruce Dickenson book)

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Coors Banquet hat. Very stylish, just like the beer.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Bottle of Walker Blue.
Posted By: MarkWV Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Some Dewalt tools and a mower lift.
Posted By: hookeye Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Originally Posted by WAM
T

Homemade treats made by anyone who has cats or those I’ve not personally seen how they keep house automatically say Merry Christmas to the chickens....

Cats not allowed where food prepared. They catch a shoe at mach dammit and they learn.
Posted By: krp Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Daughter got me this bottle holder when in old town Jerome. She loves the history of that old copper mining town, our family history comes from that area, my great grandparents in the 1800s, my mother was born and raised there.

Kent
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Gotta be winner for most unique gift but day is young.

Originally Posted by krp

Daughter got me this bottle holder when in old town Jerome. She loves the history of that old copper mining town, our family history comes from that area, my great grandparents in the 1800s, my mother was born and raised there.

Kent

Posted By: Dess Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Goodies and clothes. All good.

We bought a new Sleep Number bed with all the gizmos as our Christmas gift. It....is...amazing.
Posted By: SCgman1 Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Bourbon, socks, and duct tape....

I was really good this year.
Posted By: slumlord Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Originally Posted by WAM
T

Yup

same for my mother in law

And she doesnt even have cats. Sends food over here from the other side of the farm. I give dat sheeit to the dogs too.

lol
Posted By: Mike_S Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Posted By: Esox357 Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Flannel pants
Gift card to a steakhouse
Birchwood spinning target for handguns and 22
Chainsaw protective pants
Butane torch lighter
Gift card to Cabelas/Bass Pro
Titanium Spork
Cast Iron pan
Posted By: Blackheart Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
A Walther gas piston air rifle, Columbia fleece jacket, new DVD player, a Streamlight, a christmas tree ornament that holds a pic of my recently deceased dog, A brick of CCI Quiet .22 LR's, a trailer hitch cargo carrier, Candy, a 500.00 check from my aunt, and last but far from least, home made cinnamon rolls and cookies from mom.
Posted By: AZmark Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
I bought myself hearing aids for my wife......................I'm officially in the Old Man status now.

LED headlight for my Jeep.

Kids bought me a chronograph................so they could use it smile
Posted By: crittrgittr Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
S&W model 29-2 8 3/8 beautiful handgun
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Very cool.
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
S&W model 29-2 8 3/8 beautiful handgun

Pictures or it didn't happen.
Posted By: Windfall Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Bills mostly. Got the wife a new .280. No, not the Remington. An upgrade to her diamond ring.
Posted By: szihn Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
My wife got me shirt, a small convection heater for use in my shop. It gets very cold out there because it is totally uninsulated, so I literally have to open the doors in the winter to let the cold out around 11:00 in the morning. The shop gets to the same temp as the lowest temp of the day, which comes in the 2 hours before sun-up. Once the sun comes up it can warm outside a bit, but not inside as fast, so I "let the cold out' after 10:30 or 11:00. That small heater is a VERY welcome new goodie for me, and is a wonderful present. It will be set on the floor about 3 feet from my work bench.

I am building myself a 358 upper for my AR 10. I have the barrel blank now and also I got the handguard, stripped upper and flash hider, and the dust cover gas tube and manifold on the way. That's been a plan I am piecing together for over a year. I still have to machine the barrel out but I have the blank now, so in the spring I am hoping to get a day to make the barrel. So my wife also ordered 3 boxes of .358 Accubond bullets and a set of 358 Win Dies as Christmas presents , but they didn't get here in time.

I won't have the time to put that set of part together until spring anyway, so I am not disappointed in them not arriving in time for Christmas. I have customers I have to put first, and so all my time is going to be for their benefit until at least April. I have time for the dies and bullets to come.
Posted By: 1minute Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
A replacement bean bag chair. It's huge and takes up about 20% of the floor space in our living room.
Posted By: Teal Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Time with my son. Home on leave. First I saw him since 2019.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Originally Posted by Teal

Winner
Posted By: ironbender Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Gots nice piece of coal. Anthracite, no less. That’s fancy imported stuff here. Nice warm fire from it last night.
Posted By: blindshooter Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by Teal

Winner

+1
Posted By: MickeyD Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
All I got was a piece of tail and a pair of socks...both were too big.
Posted By: antlers Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
I got sore muscles, frozen hands, and frozen feet. I did a 19 mile trek up in the mountains. Damn cold, wind blowin’ like a bitch and howlin’ like a banshee. 7,000 vertical feet of elevation changes along the way, snow from 6 to 12 inches deep, rugged and steep terrain, crossed 6 frozen creeks way up high (could hear the ice creakin’ when I was on it), and climbed up to 11,000 feet on a wind blown saddle. Took me over 8 and a half hours. I never saw another soul. Had to deal with a lotta snow and ice. Comin’ down a different way was a mofo. Completely alone. I’d be lyin’ if I said I didn’t like it.
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Hk P2000SK in 40 and the FoxPro Fire Eye night hunting light...
Posted By: superlight17b Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
+++++++++++ on the homemade treats,i will accept them with a smile and a "thank you",but,unless i know you and know how clean you may or may not be,i 'm not eating any. Too many people let their cats climb on counters etc.
"What are you gonna do, they like to jump on the counters ". You teach them NOT to do it.i 've noticed said slobs raise their kids the same way.
Present wise i got a new "Uniform",what my kids call my daily wear,sweats,sneakers,t shirt,hoodie.some "Goldbergs peanut chews", for my combined birthday/Christmas,i got myself an early S&W model 617,6 shot cyl.
Posted By: Morewood Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
A trolling plate and 2 waterproof LED lights for my fishing boat, a new sleeping bag, box of peanut brittle, muzzy broadheads, a little pocket knife from Buck, and a t-shirt that says "Get Your Bass in the Boat".
Posted By: Ky221 Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Made out pretty well.

A pair of Leica Geovidd
Hamilton Fieldwatch
Legendary whitetails jacket
And a rifle rack for the SXS.
Posted By: UncleAlps Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
I give my wife a link for two pairs of shoes every year. She buys them and gives them to me when all the kids get their presents. It makes her feel better that she bought me something even though I would have bought them anyway. It's a solution for us. I don't want her buying anything for me but I wear my shoes out and need a few new pairs every year, one pair for work and one pair for off work.

I give her a card with a bunch of cash which she saves for something down the road.

The Church gets a similar gift for Jesus. They bless others in need.

Nothing too memorable but it's our way.
Posted By: hanco Re: What's you get? - 12/26/20
Some Boom Boom
Posted By: mrfudd Re: What's you get? - 12/27/20
Metabo double bevel sliding miter saw and a Ridgid stand for it
Posted By: HughW Re: What's you get? - 12/27/20
We have been fortunate over the years so a number so years back we agreed to not give gifts to each other but instead send the funds to charities that each person chooses.
Posted By: OldHat Re: What's you get? - 12/27/20
I get mittens.
Originally Posted by HughW
We have been fortunate over the years so a number so years back we agreed to not give gifts to each other but instead send the funds to charities that each person chooses.

So the other person chooses where to send the money. What if they want you to give it to BLM or something like that.
Originally Posted by Esox357
Flannel pants
Gift card to a steakhouse
Birchwood spinning target for handguns and 22
Chainsaw protective pants
Butane torch lighter
Gift card to Cabelas/Bass Pro
Titanium Spork
Cast Iron pan

I'm gong to guess you made a Christmas wish list.
Posted By: Salty303 Re: What's you get? - 12/27/20
She got me an Outdoor Edge 'RazorPro' knife. Not something I would have hunted down myself but I think it might be all right. I've got a Havalon that has a replacement blades system too but its small and flimsy this one has a full length back that holds the blade its stout like a normal knife so should be ok for boning and taking joints apart. Has a second curved gutting blade that's part of the knife not disposable. Also merino shirt Carhartt hoodie and a down vest and too much candy and schit.
Originally Posted by WAM
T

Yup

same for my mother in law

And she doesnt even have cats. Sends food over here from the other side of the farm. I give dat sheeit to the dogs too.

lol

My MIL had really long finger nails that would make me cringe at meal time. The thought of her cooking with them just did not set right.
Posted By: HughW Re: What's you get? - 12/27/20
Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by HughW

So the other person chooses where to send the money. What if they want you to give it to BLM or something like that.

Well if we had that type of issue I think a trade in would have occurred a long time back. The reason this works for us is we are pretty well aligned on what we support and what we don't (including political - right not left). This year were all social -- homeless shelters, youth emergency programs. Past years medical -- cancer, Alzheimer, heart. We each put together a list and then compare notes and agree. There was one dropped which was a women's shelter led by a lady who is a known left wing - anti firearm activist which my wife did not know the full story on.

People do need to take deep dives into who is behind the charities and what is the money going to be used for. Some up her have admin fees on general contributions in excess of 60% or environmental charities that have direct linkages to Greenpeace / Y2Y or BHA.
© 24hourcampfire