Home
Posted By: Hesp What If ?? - 01/05/21
This past fall I had to ship off two of my top brand name scope's for repair. Both failed . These are forever warranty scope from a very prominent scope maker, but they failed. Came back working fine. "What if" you had a scope go down & due to political upheaval you were not able to send a scope in for repair ? What if you had no rifles with open sights ? My self, like some of you have one or two less than favorite scopes setting around. What if you don't ? . I have rifles with open sights that can be used. Do you ? Just thinking, how are all prepared ? It is possible we could be in for some unpleasant in the streets turmoil ? Your thoughts ?
Posted By: slumlord Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
Leupold ??
Posted By: wyowinchester Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
WHAT IF Frogs had wings? they wouldn't bump their butts
WHAT IF Frogs had glass butts? they would only bump them once.
Played this game,
Spare scopes
Posted By: Castle_Rock Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
only have 2 scopes 😂

Sell them Leupys and get something decent
Posted By: jmh3 Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
If it gets that bad they only need to outlast my stash of medicine, which isn’t very long. After that it’s someone else’s problem.
Posted By: jdunham Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
My end of the world/get it done guns don't have optics.
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
I may or may not have a couple of lightweight bolt action SHTF rifles, NATO calibers, with scopes and see-through mounts.

Just sayin'.

May or may not.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
Learn to shoot from the hip!

Did ya know a frogs butt hole is watertight.........
Posted By: logcutter Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
Burris?

Jayco 👍
Posted By: Teal Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
I’d put irons on my rifle and stock up on Bushnell banner 4x’s
Posted By: slumlord Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I’d put irons on my rifle and stock up on Bushnell banner 4x’s

Osprey
Posted By: local_dirt Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
Spares..

Like in bowling.
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: What If ?? - 01/05/21
Redundancy is the key to survival.

I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one basket anyway but based on your “what if” scenarios, if I had a scope fail on a rifle without irons I would set it aside and grab another scoped rifle. If all my scoped rifles had broken scopes then I’d already be in deep kim chi.

Rifles that are designed for certain purposes all have backup irons if they’re scoped. Based upon what I can do at 100 yards with iron sights on any of my AR’s I feel comfortable using them with or without optics.
Posted By: okie Re: What If ?? - 01/06/21
I'd go to the shop and dig through ye old pile o' scopes and rock on....
Posted By: goalie Re: What If ?? - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by Hesp
This past fall I had to ship off two of my top brand name scope's for repair. Both failed . These are forever warranty scope from a very prominent scope maker, but they failed. Came back working fine. "What if" you had a scope go down & due to political upheaval you were not able to send a scope in for repair ? What if you had no rifles with open sights ? My self, like some of you have one or two less than favorite scopes setting around. What if you don't ? . I have rifles with open sights that can be used. Do you ? Just thinking, how are all prepared ? It is possible we could be in for some unpleasant in the streets turmoil ? Your thoughts ?

If you are just thinking about preparedness now, you're doing it wrong, and your probably not smart/wise/experienced to do it right anyhow.....
Posted By: local_dirt Re: What If ?? - 01/06/21
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Redundancy is the key to survival.

I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one basket anyway but based on your “what if” scenarios, if I had a scope fail on a rifle without irons I would set it aside and grab another scoped rifle. If all my scoped rifles had broken scopes then I’d already be in deep kim chi.

Rifles that are designed for certain purposes all have backup irons if they’re scoped. Based upon what I can do at 100 yards with iron sights on any of my AR’s I feel comfortable using them with or without optics.

Thanks for reminding me. I need to pick up another set of Magpul Pros.
Posted By: Beretta_Shooter916 Re: What If ?? - 01/06/21
I dont own but one rifle with iron sights and it has a scope on it. I own more scopes than rifles. Im not gonna worry about it
© 24hourcampfire