24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
What If ?? #15613782 01/05/21
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,215
H
Hesp Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Joined: Jan 2018
Posts: 1,215
This past fall I had to ship off two of my top brand name scope's for repair. Both failed . These are forever warranty scope from a very prominent scope maker, but they failed. Came back working fine. "What if" you had a scope go down & due to political upheaval you were not able to send a scope in for repair ? What if you had no rifles with open sights ? My self, like some of you have one or two less than favorite scopes setting around. What if you don't ? . I have rifles with open sights that can be used. Do you ? Just thinking, how are all prepared ? It is possible we could be in for some unpleasant in the streets turmoil ? Your thoughts ?

BP-B2

Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613828 01/05/21
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 38,253
slumlord Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 38,253
Leupold ??

Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613846 01/05/21
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 693
wyowinchester Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 693
WHAT IF Frogs had wings? they wouldn't bump their butts
WHAT IF Frogs had glass butts? they would only bump them once.
Played this game,
Spare scopes

Last edited by wyowinchester; 01/05/21.
Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613850 01/05/21
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,367
Castle_Rock Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,367
only have 2 scopes 😂

Sell them Leupys and get something decent

Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613871 01/05/21
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 965
jmh3 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 965
If it gets that bad they only need to outlast my stash of medicine, which isn’t very long. After that it’s someone else’s problem.


------------------------
John
IC-A

Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613879 01/05/21
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,604
J
jdunham Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
J
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,604
My end of the world/get it done guns don't have optics.


NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613882 01/05/21
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 352
Tide_Change Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Jul 2020
Posts: 352
I may or may not have a couple of lightweight bolt action SHTF rifles, NATO calibers, with scopes and see-through mounts.

Just sayin'.

May or may not.


I like dogs more than I like most people.
Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613888 01/05/21
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 44,549
12344mag Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 44,549
Learn to shoot from the hip!

Did ya know a frogs butt hole is watertight.........


Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

"Because I'm President and they're not".... DJT

Joe and the Ho 2020!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613889 01/05/21
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,231
logcutter Offline
Campfire Tracker
Offline
Campfire Tracker
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 7,231
Burris?

Jayco 👍

Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613892 01/05/21
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,889
Teal Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 27,889
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]


Me

IC-B

Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613897 01/05/21
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,073
JohnnyLoco Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,073
I’d put irons on my rifle and stock up on Bushnell banner 4x’s


"Come and sit by the fire, where good folk abound, so do the hypocrites and liars"
Re: What If ?? [Re: JohnnyLoco] #15613912 01/05/21
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 38,253
slumlord Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 38,253
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I’d put irons on my rifle and stock up on Bushnell banner 4x’s



Osprey

Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613930 01/05/21
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 23,344
local_dirt Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 23,344
Spares..

Like in bowling.


No Ma'am. It's not my glasses that are crooked. It's my face.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15613946 01/05/21
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 18,116
AcesNeights Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 18,116
Redundancy is the key to survival.

I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one basket anyway but based on your “what if” scenarios, if I had a scope fail on a rifle without irons I would set it aside and grab another scoped rifle. If all my scoped rifles had broken scopes then I’d already be in deep kim chi.

Rifles that are designed for certain purposes all have backup irons if they’re scoped. Based upon what I can do at 100 yards with iron sights on any of my AR’s I feel comfortable using them with or without optics.


�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15614009 01/05/21
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,910
O
okie Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
O
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 7,910
I'd go to the shop and dig through ye old pile o' scopes and rock on....


One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15614027 01/05/21
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,910
goalie Online Content
Campfire Guide
Online Content
Campfire Guide
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,910
Originally Posted by Hesp
This past fall I had to ship off two of my top brand name scope's for repair. Both failed . These are forever warranty scope from a very prominent scope maker, but they failed. Came back working fine. "What if" you had a scope go down & due to political upheaval you were not able to send a scope in for repair ? What if you had no rifles with open sights ? My self, like some of you have one or two less than favorite scopes setting around. What if you don't ? . I have rifles with open sights that can be used. Do you ? Just thinking, how are all prepared ? It is possible we could be in for some unpleasant in the streets turmoil ? Your thoughts ?


If you are just thinking about preparedness now, you're doing it wrong, and your probably not smart/wise/experienced to do it right anyhow.....

Re: What If ?? [Re: AcesNeights] #15614036 01/05/21
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 23,344
local_dirt Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 23,344
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Redundancy is the key to survival.

I wouldn’t put all my eggs in one basket anyway but based on your “what if” scenarios, if I had a scope fail on a rifle without irons I would set it aside and grab another scoped rifle. If all my scoped rifles had broken scopes then I’d already be in deep kim chi.

Rifles that are designed for certain purposes all have backup irons if they’re scoped. Based upon what I can do at 100 yards with iron sights on any of my AR’s I feel comfortable using them with or without optics.





Thanks for reminding me. I need to pick up another set of Magpul Pros.


No Ma'am. It's not my glasses that are crooked. It's my face.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Re: What If ?? [Re: Hesp] #15614120 01/05/21
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 175
Beretta_Shooter916 Offline
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 175
I dont own but one rifle with iron sights and it has a scope on it. I own more scopes than rifles. Im not gonna worry about it


Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
792 registered members (01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 1234, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 80 invisible), 1,784 guests, and 726 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3




END RIGHT 300x250 AD TAG ZONE B5 -->






Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3
(Release build 20190728)
PHP: 7.3.27 Page Time: 0.047s Queries: 14 (0.003s) Memory: 0.8680 MB (Peak: 1.0043 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2021-03-02 20:24:06 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS