Home
Posted By: DigitalDan And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Drug bust here in the neighborhood and after a read on the perps one has to wonder why these jerks were free to roam on our streets. If our laws have no teeth there is no deterrence...

The following subjects were arrested and charged:

- Mark Charles Weatherly, 20: Trafficking in methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance (heroin), possession of a controlled substance (buprenorphine), possession of a controlled substance (cannabis wax), possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a handcuff key, resisting arrest without violence and possession of paraphernalia. Weatherly also had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear for possession of paraphernalia. The sheriff ’s office noted he is a three-time convicted felon.
- Amy Susan Lyons, 49: Possession of paraphernalia.
- Jamey Laramee, 44: Possession of paraphernalia; he is a two-time convicted felon.
-Faith Marie Bergman, 42: Possession of a con-trolled substance, possession of cannabis under 20 grams, and possession of paraphernalia. She has three prior felony convictions.
- Louis Michael Lauro, 47: Possession of a controlled substance, possession of cannabis under 20 grams, possession of paraphernalia, and own/lease/rent a drug dwelling. She has four prior felony convictions.
-Shonda Lea Sergent, 33: Possession of a con-trolled substance, possession of paraphernalia and possession of cannabis under 20 grams. She has two prior felony convictions.
-Ashlee Rose Felsentreger, 26: Possession of paraphernalia.
- Richard Clarence Miller, 26: Possession of paraphernalia; four prior felony convictions.
-Shirley Rena Hughes, 28: Possession of paraphernalia; one prior felony conviction.
- Ormond Kenneth Revels, 49: Possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia. He has 14 prior felony convictions.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Beyond apathy, total failure of our justice systems from top to bottom are the causes of our present national malaise.

Jmo
Posted By: Borchardt Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Beyond apathy, total failure of our justice systems from top to bottom are the causes of our present national malaise.

Jmo

It's not failure, it's the plan. Government turns the criminals loose, they commit more crimes and the Sheep beg for more laws. Rinse, lather and repeat.
Posted By: jimy Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
I think its time to find a penal island or country some where, drop these career criminals there and pay some third world country to care for them as they see fit !
Posted By: Tyrone Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Should be death for heroin & meth dealers.
Posted By: Blackheart Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
The peasants are truly stupid constantly crying for more and harsher punishment for themselves when they know their masters will always be happy to oblige since they'll never be affected in the least.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by jimy
I think its time to find a penal island or country some where, drop these career criminals there and pay some third world country to care for them as they see fit !

I think that too kind for repeat offenders, but if that is the course taken may I suggest a couple of options?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navassa_Island
[Linked Image from loopnewslive.blob.core.windows.net]

Maug Island looks good too.
[Linked Image from sail-world.com]

Posted By: jdunham Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Our revolving door for criminals has always been a problem. Wait until Biden and the Democratic party bring Bail reform to the country. It is absolutely insane. Criminals commit a crime, get booked and then released to commit the same or a different crime. Some of them are getting arrested on a daily basis and released. The judges have ZERO discretion on keeping them in jail.
Dan,
I have a guy who is under 35 and has over 70 arrests, more than 15 felonies including murder.....and he is free again.

The guy is a mess and a menace to society.....but maybe they'll fix him next time.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Prolly let out for the ‘rona.

Didn’t want them to catch the Chiner-one-niner in the slammer.

Posted By: JeffA Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Drug bust here in the neighborhood and after a read on the perps one has to wonder why these jerks were free to roam on our streets. If our laws have no teeth there is no deterrence...

Read that story last night, we need new judges that understand who needs longer term sentences.

Hang'um High Howard will destroy an 18 year old kids life for smoking pot but merely smack the wrists of meth dealers, I don't get it.
The meth dealers and users in this county is like an infestation of cockroaches that never goes away.

Gotta suck to be a cop that keeps busting the same meth heads just to see the courts let them walk.
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21

I think that too kind for repeat offenders, but if that is the course taken may I suggest a couple of options?

Silly Rabbit! smirk

Everyone knows Guam would tip over when too many people get in it...

laugh
Posted By: local_dirt Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Borchardt

Jmo

It's not failure, it's the plan. Government turns the criminals loose, they commit more crimes and the Sheep beg for more laws. Rinse, lather and repeat.

Exactly. It's the expectation that gubmint is responsible for taking care of you, and gubmint welcomes the dependency with open arms..

While the entire premise of their charter is to protect you..

While they steal what's left of your rights and assets from you.
Posted By: Jiveturkey Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Tyrone

H
Originally Posted by Tyrone

I'll second that motion!
Posted By: plainsman456 Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
The dealers in hard drugs need to be gone but those with weed need to get their act together.

Amazing with that many priors walking the street.
Posted By: Dess Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Jail should be a deterrent. Sadly it's not for these criminals.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
I think drugs could be stopped but not by our current justice system. It's necessary to make dealing too dangerous or too unprofitable to be in. Right now, it's neither and never has been.
Posted By: atse Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21

I was thinking that one of the small Aleutian islands would be good...... with no snow boots or rain gear.
Posted By: HawkI Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
The "plan" is installing more of these pieces of human debris into small towns, suburbs and places where they obviously don't fit in well. A few thousand third worlders as well.

You have actual criminals in power; let that sink in.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Starting with Biden, Schumer, Pelosi...Pence and the SCOTUS?
Posted By: Paul_M Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
You guys who want to send them off to some island are not thinking right.
Whatta wanna go mucking up some nice island with that scum for?
Send them where no one wants to go, Ilha da Queimada Grande, aka snake island. wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilha_da_Queimada_Grande

Posted By: RickyD Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21

- Mark Charles Weatherly, 20: Trafficking in methamphetamine, possession of a controlled substance (heroin), possession of a controlled substance (buprenorphine), possession of a controlled substance (cannabis wax), possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, possession of a handcuff key, resisting arrest without violence and possession of paraphernalia. Weatherly also had an outstanding warrant for failure to appear for possession of paraphernalia. The sheriff ’s office noted he is a three-time convicted felon.
- Jamey Laramee, 44: Possession of paraphernalia; he is a two-time convicted felon.
-Faith Marie Bergman, 42: Possession of a con-trolled substance, possession of cannabis under 20 grams, and possession of paraphernalia. She has three prior felony convictions.
- Louis Michael Lauro, 47: Possession of a controlled substance, possession of cannabis under 20 grams, possession of paraphernalia, and own/lease/rent a drug dwelling. She has four prior felony convictions.
-Shonda Lea Sergent, 33: Possession of a con-trolled substance, possession of paraphernalia and possession of cannabis under 20 grams. She has two prior felony convictions.
- Richard Clarence Miller, 26: Possession of paraphernalia; four prior felony convictions.
-Shirley Rena Hughes, 28: Possession of paraphernalia; one prior felony conviction.
- Ormond Kenneth Revels, 49: Possession of a controlled substance and possession of paraphernalia. He has 14 prior felony convictions.

And yet the LAW will often come down like the Hand of God for those who defend themselves from such vermin.The world has gone mad!
Posted By: Muffin Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
How about Portland............................ I mean if we're just gonna move them..................

Or wait til their beards grow, wrap 'em in a sheet and put them on a bus to Tabriz...................
Let the drug dealers make gravel to build concrete wall sections with a sledge hammer.

The at least they are helping to cut off the flow.

Side question.
If you waterproof your boots with cannibus wax, does it make the deer stupid?
Or give bears and Bob cats the munchies?
Originally Posted by Paul_M
Send them where no one wants to go, Ilha da Queimada Grande, aka snake island. wink

Well, as stated earlier, it’s not my preferred solution. FYI, there are snakes in the Marianas far, far deadlier than anything in Brazil’s neighborhood. There is no potential for parole if you get tagged.
Posted By: Fiddy Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The peasants are truly stupid constantly crying for more and harsher punishment for themselves when they know their masters will always be happy to oblige since they'll never be affected in the least.

Same applies to drug dealers.

Our country has been brainwashed into thinking drugs are a problem when they are in fact a symptom of problems largely propagated by government in what is yet another pro-gov control positive feedback loop. The multi-trillion dollar drug war has been the perfect way for the government to make laws against liberty at every level of American life.

They can't even keep drugs out of max security prison. The drugs will never go away. The questions to be asked are about why people are being drawn to drugs. There are excellent books on this subject that can shed light on incredible misconceptions that exist. I recent read Chasing the Scream and I cannot recommend it enough
Posted By: ingwe Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Were it up to me we would immediately execute any three time felon.

You know how many crimes you gotta do to actually get convicted three times?

We dont need to feed those people....
Originally Posted by ingwe

When it comes to actual crimes with actual victims I would be right there next to you. Problems arise, however, when something like the Biden govt starts calling conservative "hate speech" a felony tho. And then they search posts and say "you've committed 34 instances of what we think is hate speech, whatever that is. You go to camp.
Posted By: ingwe Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Fiddy

When it comes to actual crimes with actual victims I would be right there next to you. Problems arise, however, when something like the Biden govt starts calling conservative "hate speech" a felony tho. And then they search posts and say "you've committed 34 instances of what we think is hate speech, whatever that is. You go to camp.

You got a point there....

But I don't think Biden will call and ask my advice on crime control or overcrowding of the prisons.... laugh
Posted By: flintlocke Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Back when the NRA was somewhat effective, they pushed "3 strikes and you're out" for a life sentence, it worked pretty well, where it was adopted. I think about half the states still have it on the books, but it has had most of it's teeth pulled, mostly by handing the judges "sentencing flexibility".
Originally Posted by Fiddy

You got a point there....

But I don't think Biden will call and ask my advice on crime control or overcrowding of the prisons.... laugh

Aw come on! The popular opinion in the country is that he's Presidential!

Jmo

Exactly.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

Jmo

Exactly.

Plan or not, it is what it is.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by high_country_
Dan,
I have a guy who is under 35 and has over 70 arrests, more than 15 felonies including murder.....and he is free again.

The guy is a mess and a menace to society.....but maybe they'll fix him next time.

I don't know how anyone with a murder conviction gets out.

At the very least until they are 70.

There is definitely a drug underclass. In central Arizona it is majority poor whites. In several senses of the word.
Posted By: MM879 Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21

It looks like the Law is working quite well. The ages and the rap sheet indicate that there has been a lot of contact. These perps will be living under a bridge with death chasing them. It's only a matter of time.
Originally Posted by MM879

It looks like the Law is working quite well. The ages and the rap sheet indicate that there has been a lot of contact. These perps will be living under a bridge with death chasing them. It's only a matter of time.

Meanwhile,,,, and in the interim...
Posted By: Sycamore Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Well, as stated earlier, it’s not my preferred solution. FYI, there are snakes in the Marianas far, far deadlier than anything in Brazil’s neighborhood. There is no potential for parole if you get tagged.

I'm not sure about that. The brown snake introduced into Guam is different than the Brownsnake for Australia.

Bothrops spp. are nothing to mess with around Brazil, Central america, etc
Posted By: deltakid Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
What you really need to understand is that we need to be merciful and understanding to these individuals - it is only because they are (insert whatever qualifier you want) that they are committing crimes. If we take care of them, they will not commit any crimes. Remember Feinstein's famous quote that if the gunman realizes that everyone is unarmed, they will put down their guns and behave like nice people. (Sarcasm off). My problem is with the idiots that claim that "stand your ground" laws, or anything like that, are the problem. We need to let them rob us, assault us, murder us, because they are really nice people.
Posted By: jimy Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by atse

I was thinking that one of the small Aleutian islands would be good...... with no snow boots or rain gear.

I was thinking of some place warmer , like Somalia , give each one we drop off say$100:00 to start their new life , you know start over , and get that education that they always wanted , of course Maug would work too , do a low level fly by , and wish them wealth and happiness !
Posted By: Kenneth66 Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21
As was said before , the govt. is loaded with criminals . From local to federal levels . There is so much to be gained from the drug trade , none that doesn’t Benifit from it .
It is used to justify encroaching on our rights , it is used to channel massive amounts money to alphabet agencies that need speacial equipment to combat the large and small players , this puts money and power in the hands of local politicians to federal levels .
With the technology they have and the ungodly number of snitches and informants they know exactly who is who and who’s doing what .
It doesn’t get crashed because there are to many people getting their pockets lined from the street cop to the congress and senate .
Think about it , you have guys like Epstein, El Chappo operating for years unscathed other than the occasional flawed raid . Then for reasons unknown to the average joe there is a shake up in ruling class of business and some people go down while countless others are left in tact to fill the void .
It’s not just the way it is , it’s greasing the perpetual wheel of cash , power , and sex .
Kenneth
Originally Posted by deltakid
What you really need to understand is that we need to be merciful and understanding to these individuals - it is only because they are (insert whatever qualifier you want) that they are committing crimes. If we take care of them, they will not commit any crimes. Remember Feinstein's famous quote that if the gunman realizes that everyone is unarmed, they will put down their guns and behave like nice people. (Sarcasm off). My problem is with the idiots that claim that "stand your ground" laws, or anything like that, are the problem. We need to let them rob us, assault us, murder us, because they are really nice people.

Hey kid, you got a mouse in your pocket?
[Linked Image from i.ytimg.com]
Posted By: Pat85 Re: And people wonder why - 01/10/21

Jmo

The DAs water the charges down to a slap on the wrist. Then come election time they can brag how they never lost a case. In a few weeks the public defenders will be representing the same scum for the same crime on the taxpayers dime. Its a never ending cycle.
© 24hourcampfire