Home
Posted By: 65BR Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Seriously - I see all this fear buying, hoarding, and I am not questioning the times we live in.

But I tell people all the time, you can only shoot one...at a time. Normally.

How much can you carry? And how much do you think you will go thru, in a situation(s) before you get tagged? JS

Posted By: ingwe Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Its not how much you can carry, its how much you can store to hand out to your compatriots when the time comes, and they need it. Hint.
And it's not just ammo.

Food, water, medical supplies, fuel, spare parts. Re-Hint.
Posted By: memtb Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
If used properly.....one round! Then you aquire the ammo from the communist you just terminated! ! wink

Seriously though, I think it depends upon what part of the country you’re located in, are you gonna “hunker-down” and hold-out, go and take the fight to the enemy, and when/if do you anticipate the return of components!

No one can predict if/when they will meet their demise.....some of those taking the beeches at Normandy survived and continued on to Berlin. While many never made it to the beach! If the potential civil unrest last for years, and you are a survivor.....thousands of rounds for actual use or barter, could be a real advantage! memtb
Enough to get the first one through the door. After that it really doesn't matter.
Posted By: Gus Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
in ruff times, ammo can become a de facto type, kind, or sort of money. it will buy things one needs, or can be exchanged for such.
Originally Posted by 65BR
Seriously - I see all this fear buying, hoarding, and I am not questioning the times we live in.

How much can you carry? And how much do you think you will go thru, in a situation(s) before you get tagged? JS

There are two answers. One for those who want to continue to shoot 2 or 3 hundred rounds a week, and another for those who only shoot a couple times a year, and mainly just keep enough around for practical usage (hunting, varmint and pest control, defense). For the first (or in the case of civilization collapse or civil war), you'd need tens of thousands of rounds to feel good about a long term shortage. For the second, a few boxes in the house is enough. It's all relative.
Posted By: BlueDuck Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
When you don't have any, you will know it was not enough. Ever hear "save the last one for yourself".
Posted By: ringworm Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
I need one round of 22LR.
I can work my way up from there.
Posted By: deflave Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
I normally shoot USPSA on a regular basis.

For me to shoot regularly (not practice) I would need around 2,500 rounds to see me to December.

There are a lot of me’s out there. It’s silly to assume.
Posted By: 79S Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by deflave

For me to shoot regularly (not practice) I would need around 2,500 rounds to see me to December.

I just ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich washed it down with a cup of nice cold milk..
Originally Posted by ingwe
Its not how much you can carry, its how much you can store to hand out to your compatriots when the time comes, and they need it. Hint.

It's also how much will wind up in the hands of the opposition once you get taken out. True compatriots are likely in a position where they don't need what I have.
As much as I want, need, and can buy.
And why should it be any other way?????

What about golf balls? Are you well stocked or do you reuse them?
Posted By: horse1 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21

I don't buy ammo or reloading components for some doomsday end of the world scenario. If that scenario ever comes, it's likely more people will die due to lack of clean water than any other cause.

I buy what I'm going to need to continue to shoot what/when I want to. Doesn't matter if it's sporting-clays/skeet league, F-Class, prairie-dogs, or setting up my own steel targets for entertainment and education. That being the case, my "needs" are significantly more than someone who pics up their rifle opening morning of deer season assuming it's still on from the bore-sighting the store did for them several decades ago.
Posted By: rickt300 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
We need to have another march on the capital, this time with the actual intent to hold the demrats and all the Republicans who did not vote for the objection accountable. A fair trial and a first class hanging. Or use a guillotine.
Originally Posted by horse1

I don't buy ammo or reloading components for some doomsday end of the world scenario. If that scenario ever comes, it's likely more people will die due to lack of clean water than any other cause.

I buy what I'm going to need to continue to shoot what/when I want to. Doesn't matter if it's sporting-clays/skeet league, F-Class, prairie-dogs, or setting up my own steel targets for entertainment and education. That being the case, my "needs" are significantly more than someone who pics up their rifle opening morning of deer season assuming it's still on from the bore-sighting the store did for them several decades ago.

Bingo!
I love how people are going to go to war with their 22's. You want to buy up 223 and 7.62 at least it would make some sense. Even then 99.99% of Americans won't resist. Hell, republicans are apologizing for marching outside the capital.
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Hell, republicans are apologizing for marching outside the capital.

And that's the "Hey Dipshit!" alert that Republicans aren't what all you "Just vote R to solve everything!" people keep on imagining. I hope some here will heed the alert.
Posted By: MichieD Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21

I love how people are going to go to war with their 22's. You want to buy up 223 and 7.62 at least it would make some sense. Even then 99.99% of Americans won't resist. Hell, republicans are apologizing for marching outside the capital.

I bet a silenced 22, a 40moa rail, a turret scope and a good perch could suck a lot of wind out of a ANTIFA 'protest'
As much as I want.
Posted By: EdM Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by renegade50

Bingo.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
As long as there is still some available for someone else, you do not have enough.
Originally Posted by EdM

Bingo.

Absolutely.
With that being said, it would absolutely suck to catch a 22 round.
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Can’t tell you what IS enough but if you run out it wasn’t 😊
65BR: If you are implying that those of us with several years worth or munitions and reloading components are somehow "fearful" or "scared" or deficient somehow then I retort - YOU are the deficient one!
If YOU do not have a couple years supply of ammunition and reloading components then perhaps YOU should become fearful?
I am proud and content in the knowledge that I have several years worth of munitions and reloading components in my possession.
If, as you imply, YOU are happy with only having "one" bullet on hand then I say that is foolish, short sighted and dangerous (for yourself!) in these uncertain times!
Try to cast aspersions on those of us with several years worth of munitions at hand, if it pleases you somehow, but those ludicrous aspersions have NO credence with me what so ever.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Posted By: hanco Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Enough to do the job
Posted By: Scout308 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Buy all you want and all that you think you need! Now comes the what ifs. What happens if things go South And you have to leave your home quickly. Are you able to take thousands of round of ammo with you? Another problem is a lot of folks love to brag about their supply of ammo and how much they have. That puts a target on you! If you have to hunker down in your home do you really believe it is secure enough? If enough folks want what you have they will get it or make sure you won't! They will just burn you out! So in reality how much is truly enough? It's a personal choice!

Some Republicans are apologizing.
Originally Posted by EdM

Bingo.

^^^^^

+1.
On a serious note, there may never be "enough" depending on what happens when Biden gets in. Unless you curtail all recreational shooting, this could be the end. Biden's term is 4 years minimum...
Posted By: MD521 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
I only want one more box of ammo.
Originally Posted by MichieD

I bet a silenced 22, a 40moa rail, a turret scope and a good perch could suck a lot of wind out of a ANTIFA 'protest'

A guy could do a lot worse than a reliable .22lr and a couple thousand rounds of ammo in a bugout/SHTF scenario.
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Too much is just enough.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
You only need enough to last you until you're dead.
How much do you need? For recreational shooting lots more than I have. For social work I am good.In reality it often is not how much ammo is in the gun as much as how much fight is in the man.
I just pray my dreams where I have a gun but can't find ammo, or the ammo I do find doesn't fit the gun I have, never comes true.
On a serious note, there may never be "enough" depending on what happens when Biden gets in. Unless you curtail all recreational shooting, this could be the end. Biden's term is 4 years minimum...

And since votes no longer matter, we will have Dem or RINO administrations from here on out.
Posted By: AKduck Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
I’ve 4 kids under 10 with 10/22s and one of those is wanting to get into a shotgun league. I’ll continue to buy as I can.
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
I just pray my dreams where I have a gun but can't find ammo, or the ammo I do find doesn't fit the gun I have, never comes true.

I've had that same dream many times.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
All I need are a few more Savage vent liners and I’ll be good.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
And it's not just ammo.

I'll add to your list. Skills. Many things can be made or altered to be useful if you know how. This won't be a one many show. Resources will need to be pooled but only with those you trust.
Originally Posted by Jim1611
And it's not just ammo.

I'll add to your list. Skills. Many things can be made or altered to be useful if you know how. This won't be a one many show. Resources will need to be pooled but only with those you trust.

I've been watching training films all week. Almost on Season 9 of The Walking Dead.
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Jim1611
And it's not just ammo.

I've been watching training films all week. Almost on Season 9 of The Walking Dead.

Those aren't training videos, they're motivational videos!
Posted By: CEoW717 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
I don’t think there’s such thing as “enough”
Although I currently have a fairly decent supply of loaded ammunition and components, it's not nearly enough as I want and I'd certainly like to have more. There's no way in hell, however, I'm paying current inflated prices that are often many times the price of ammo and components just a year ago - if I could even find it in stock.

I believe that either 5K-10K for each caliber (or the components necessary to load up to those numbers) would be adequate for me to feel comfortable. A few more firearms wouldn't hurt either.
Posted By: Dutch Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
I've seen Mad Max.

I'm good on ammo, but I'm short on leather underwear.....
I have 50 cal ammo boxes filled with ammunition for firearms that I don’t have, currency if you will. As to how much is enough?.... I don’t know nor does anyone. I won’t disclose how much I have but I never feel as though it’s enough, much like millionaires and money. My vests contain 3 loaded rifle mags and 3 loaded pistol mags. I have an additional 9 mag carrier that also stays loaded. Go bags carry additional mags and ammo. I don’t have any illusions about the ugliness that could visit but it’s my responsibility as a father and husband to do everything possible to educate and train the family. We shoot almost daily. I required our children to take Red Cross first and CPR since ignorance is the biggest threat. My first kit is almost as complete as the gear we carried on the rigs. Multiple large O2 bottles with the appropriate delivery systems (cannulas, NRB’s, BVM, etc). I can treat with IV therapy for family or close teammates. I need to get a couple of chest tubes and a couple more Hyfin SCW vents and I’d like to get more quick clot. I have a fair amount of quick clot but I want more. I can check and treat hypoglycemia, BP, O2sat, temp, etc. I continually add to the first aid kit and I’m reasonably satisfied that I could deal with most trauma as effectively as possible given the circumstances. I keep a full assortment of most OTC meds and some antibiotics on hand. None of us in my family have any conditions that require medication (ie diabetes, hypertension, etc) so I don’t have to worry about having extra required meds. I have enough food to last us at least a year, unlimited water, vitamins and batteries and fuel. My buddy has built an amazing off grid redoubt in the mountains so I could bring the family there if necessary. I’ve contributed to the food and ammo stores kept there as well as labor helping my buddy. He keeps 3000 gallons of propane and 500 gallons of non-ethanol treated fuel that gets rotated out and replaced every September.

If you feel like you’re prepared then you probably aren’t. 😉. Preparation is a constant and ever evolving practice that not only includes things but most importantly KNOWLEDGE.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Never stop buying,then you will never run out when times get tough
I always buy a box or two of this or that everytime I go to the LGS. Never buy a lot and there is always plenty for the next guy. I don't think a guy can have to much ammo or supplies
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
It would sure suck to have to quit because you ran out of ammo.
Posted By: Slavek Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21

I would say 250 cartridges is more than enough.
Posted By: CEoW717 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I have 50 cal ammo boxes filled with ammunition for firearms that I don’t have, currency if you will. As to how much is enough?.... I don’t know nor does anyone. I won’t disclose how much I have but I never feel as though it’s enough, much like millionaires and money. My vests contain 3 loaded rifle mags and 3 loaded pistol mags. I have an additional 9 mag carrier that also stays loaded. Go bags carry additional mags and ammo. I don’t have any illusions about the ugliness that could visit but it’s my responsibility as a father and husband to do everything possible to educate and train the family. We shoot almost daily. I required our children to take Red Cross first and CPR since ignorance is the biggest threat. My first kit is almost as complete as the gear we carried on the rigs. Multiple large O2 bottles with the appropriate delivery systems (cannulas, NRB’s, BVM, etc). I can treat with IV therapy for family or close teammates. I need to get a couple of chest tubes and a couple more Hyfin SCW vents and I’d like to get more quick clot. I have a fair amount of quick clot but I want more. I can check and treat hypoglycemia, BP, O2sat, temp, etc. I continually add to the first aid kit and I’m reasonably satisfied that I could deal with most trauma as effectively as possible given the circumstances. I keep a full assortment of most OTC meds and some antibiotics on hand. None of us in my family have any conditions that require medication (ie diabetes, hypertension, etc) so I don’t have to worry about having extra required meds. I have enough food to last us at least a year, unlimited water, vitamins and batteries and fuel. My buddy has built an amazing off grid redoubt in the mountains so I could bring the family there if necessary. I’ve contributed to the food and ammo stores kept there as well as labor helping my buddy. He keeps 3000 gallons of propane and 500 gallons of non-ethanol treated fuel that gets rotated out and replaced every September.

If you feel like you’re prepared then you probably aren’t. 😉. Preparation is a constant and ever evolving practice that not only includes things but most importantly KNOWLEDGE.

Ok I don’t have the attention span to read all of this but I thought I was the only one that had ammo for calibers I don’t own. Lol.
Posted By: Stophel Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
I've got what I've got. Looks like that'll just have to do.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Good points folks, no doubt folks who intend to shoot alot of matches, etc. will burn more. Nothing against anyone having any amount.

Just looking at the current driver of many buyers, and if they are being realistic. I agree above, that fire would burn most folks out, and yes, you need water and other essential supplies.

As to the pricing, I agree High Noon.
Originally Posted by Dutch
I've seen Mad Max.

I'm good on ammo, but I'm short on leather underwear.....

Just get you a quality studded leather codpiece and call it a day. Quality means not MIC!
Posted By: Dutch Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Slavek

I've got about that many rattling around in the vent system in my truck...... should I count those?
Posted By: SamOlson Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Just checked midwayusa, they're sold out of fricken 16 gauge!

WTF?!

Pretty sure I have a few boxes left in the garage , should be good for a couple seasons of cock blasting but man, outta 16 gauge?

Got nervous and checked inventory, 8 boxes of hunting ammo, 6-7 clay pigeon stuff, whew......
Originally Posted by MichieD

A guy could do a lot worse than a reliable .22lr and a couple thousand rounds of ammo in a bugout/SHTF scenario.

Some truth there for anyone that can shoot worth a damn.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And when you whack some spray and pray nutcase you can let your neighbors has his stash.
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by Dutch

I've got about that many rattling around in the vent system in my truck...... should I count those?

Lol, my old trappping partner would open two 50rd boxes of 22LR when he got a new vehicle and scatter them around. On the floor, every door pocket etc..

He said it’s better than just putting them in the glovebox
Posted By: slumlord Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
Originally Posted by SamOlson

WTF?!

Pretty sure I have a few boxes left in the garage , should be good for a couple seasons of cock blasting but man, outta 16 gauge?

Got nervous and checked inventory, 8 boxes of hunting ammo, 6-7 clay pigeon stuff, whew......

I often reminisce about days afield with my twill coat,loading up the VarmintWagon and oh, the smell of those fired, paper 16 gauge hulls.
Posted By: las Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
At any given time it is one more round than you need to do the job at hand.

Why are so confused by what others do?
Posted By: PineTop Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/10/21
I don't know how much ammo is "enough" for anybody else...

I keep a couple hundred rounds of the calibers most often used by me and enuff components to load several hundred of each.. For me, that's .220, .223, .25/06, .30/30, .308, 7mm Rem Mag..

Gotta a bunch of bulk 556 & 762 I bought cheap several years ago for the AR's just because.. like 1k rds in each

Keep a couple cases of 9mm and ,45,acp on hand

A bunch of .22 LR. we shoot a good bit of it in a year

Also shoot alot of 38 spl wad cutters...I set up and load 10k at a time when I get down to last couple hundred..

Not sure what the shotgun round count is right now, but I know there's a case of 12 #6 & one of #4 also a mixed case of 20 gauge and 12 boxes of .410
Over 80, 20 gauge slugs and 50 rounds of buckshot

200, 12ga buckshot various sizes and some slugs

Wife has 6 boxes of her carry .380 loads and 3 boxs of her .410 home defense rounds she feeds her Mossberg.

Oh....[bleep] I almost forgot....32s&w, .32H&R, .327, 357mag, .357 maxi, .356 GNR, 44mag. .444, 445 superman, 45/70, .45 colt, .480 ruger...couple more odd balls...

So yeah....I got what some would call a bunch....but
It ain't ENOUGH!!!

Raging Liberal Sheila Jackson introduced this bill last week.

Basically if it passes you need a license to buy ammo.

Normally this would not go anywhere, but these are not normal times sadly.

Sponsor: Rep. Jackson Lee, Sheila [D-TX-18] (Introduced 01/04/2021)
Committees: House - Judiciary
Latest Action: House - 01/04/2021 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

H.R.127 - To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.
They already require a background check to buy ammo in California and I don't believe you can mail order anymore...
Posted By: PineTop Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/11/21
Pretty sure most folks are on the "get it when ya find it" band wagon around here....
Money......how much is enough ?

I see all these people hoarding money in times of short supply. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Hint you can have more fun w a handful of ammo than you can dollars

Unless you’re at a strip club........then make it rain [bleep] !
Rick Bin you know it [bleep] pisses me off when you bleep my [bleep] [bleep] 🤬
About an hour ago, a 200 round box of .30-30 went for 500 bucks on Gunbroker. So looking at my income, and cash on hand, I can afford to stockpile 2 rounds.
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/11/21
Originally Posted by flintlocke
About an hour ago, a 200 round box of .30-30 went for 500 bucks on Gunbroker. So looking at my income, and cash on hand, I can afford to stockpile 2 rounds.

If you check under the couch cushions, you might be able to scrape up $2.50 and buy one more.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/11/21
Sam - no confusion.

Mackay - good info

The supply/pricing issue I feel often happens when we have an 'uncertain' administration........I get that.

But in the SHTF scenario............that's the purpose of this thread.

DD - always nice work with your pea shooters wink
You can never have enough ammo, you'll always need more.
Posted By: EdM Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/12/21
Ordered some components this AM.

Hornady .355" 124 Grain XTP Jacketed Bullets Box of 100 HOR35571 5 $102.90

.284" Diameter 139 Grain SP Hornady Jacketed Bullets Box of 100 HOR2820 2 $60.60

.312" 100 Grain HP/XTP Hornady Jacketed Bullets Box of 100 HOR32070 4 $82.60

Subtotal $246.10
Sam - no confusion.

Mackay - good info

The supply/pricing issue I feel often happens when we have an 'uncertain' administration........I get that.

But in the SHTF scenario............that's the purpose of this thread.

DD - always nice work with your pea shooters wink

Somedays it happens. Other days I use my levermatic...

Then I go pull out my .44...

There ain't no sense in shooting twice when one will do the job.
Posted By: Kenneth Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/12/21
Originally Posted by flintlocke

LOL.
I’ll keep buying ammo at reasonable prices because we shoot a lot. We’ve been limiting the amount of live fire practice and doing more dry fire drills. Getting a decent stash going, more handgun ammo than I planned on but likely never enough.

There’s no extra amount of time spent in purgatory for leaving ammo behind when you go. In fact I can tell a lot about a guy from the estate ammo I’ve bought.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/12/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by SamOlson

WTF?!

I often reminisce about days afield with my twill coat,loading up the VarmintWagon and oh, the smell of those fired, paper 16 gauge hulls.

I own a 16ga. I haven't smelled a paper hull in 35 years. I found an empty one at a public area a few years ago, that was odd. It was my dad's 16, a beat up old 870. He couldn't hit nothing with it. I think he liked it that way.
Posted By: 19352012 Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/12/21
My wife hates when I buy ammo. I bought some the other day when she was with me. She asked what was in the bag, I said your birthday present so no peeking. That went well.

I'm doing ok for ammo. I still buy some when I find what I want for a price I can accept.
Posted By: bobinpa Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/12/21

I see it like firewood. When I was a boy and my dad was teaching me about the outdoors, he said if you ever get lost and think you will have to spend the night in the woods, start gathering firewood before it's too late, well before dark. And when you think you have enough, gather more!!

Ammo doesn't go bad or expire. It doesn't devalue either unless you pay WAY too much.... so why not gather more.
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

Latest Action: House - 01/04/2021 Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

H.R.127 - To provide for the licensing of firearm and ammunition possession and the registration of firearms, and to prohibit the possession of certain ammunition.

The SCOTUS has already ruled that ammo bans are de facto gun bans and are unconstitutional. Unfortunately you are correct that in the current lawless and corrupt climate anything is possible. Hope for the best but plan for the suck.
I call such hoarders as Walmart wannabes millionaires.

They sit at Walmart or other large chain stores loading docks and purchase bulk loads of toilet paper, ammo, hand sanitizer, beanie babies, whatever people feel there will be a shortage on .

They then go on Craigslist, eBay and try to sell their purchase at exuberant prices thinking they will make millions off their purchases.
Originally Posted by MD521
I only want one more box of ammo.

Me too.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: ledvm Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/12/21
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

And that's the "Hey Dipshit!" alert that Republicans aren't what all you "Just vote R to solve everything!" people keep on imagining. I hope some here will heed the alert.

It’s ALL about the Primaries. We have no choice but to crank the straight (R) lever in the Fall. But in Primaries we can seek new leadership.
Originally Posted by ledvm
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

It’s ALL about the Primaries. We have no choice but to crank the straight (R) lever in the Fall. But in Primaries we can seek new leadership.

How's that been working so far?
Posted By: Teeder Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/12/21
Ammo?

I sold all of mine. Same with the guns.
“Enough” is what any individual says it is. Or used to be. Now it’s what government says.
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush

The SCOTUS has already ruled that ammo bans are de facto gun bans and are unconstitutional. Unfortunately you are correct that in the current lawless and corrupt climate anything is possible. Hope for the best but plan for the suck.

The sad part is that the Socialist who are in charge now have wiped their azz with the Constitution and all bets are off now.

Nobody is following the rule of law now. This is a full blown Socialist take over and having a few caches of weapons, ammo, food and meds is only prudent. Playing by the rules was how things used to be done. We have seen that that is how you hand your country over to the Communists. If you can get ammo, I would be doing it. If you can get prescription meds, I would be doing it. Secure Comms, Do it.

Yeah but the left is only going after ammunition , and our guns, unless you live in Flint, and the bastards have blatantly compromised the water as well.
I've been buying what I can, but I keep envisioning the scene where Mell Gibson is handed a few paper shotgun shells and he pinches them to test for soundness and one turns to dust and the other doesn't so he loads his sawed off 12 gauve with it.........were almost to that point right now.
As of this past November and the response we've gotten about our concerns for a fair election I'd say there's a bunch of folks that are done with the ballot box, and they're ready to utilize the ammo box. And sadly I'd agree and say its maybe just about come to that time.
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/15/21
From here on out many will find the alchemists were right, you can turn lead into gold.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/15/21
Let's hope the tide turns.....someday, and supply demand 'normalizes' - hence inventory and prices.
No such thing as "enough"
Originally Posted by HankMcMauser

Yeah but the left is only going after ammunition , and our guns, unless you live in Flint, and the bastards have blatantly compromised the water as well.
I've been buying what I can, but I keep envisioning the scene where Mell Gibson is handed a few paper shotgun shells and he pinches them to test for soundness and one turns to dust and the other doesn't so he loads his sawed off 12 gauve with it.........were almost to that point right now.

Sawed off gauve is best gauve. That's what grandpa always used to say. But he was a drunk for many decades.
Ask a guy with a 5mm REM MAG and you'll probably find that 10K would be a good start.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/15/21
Let's hope our rights - and Republic last long enough.............
Posted By: slumlord Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/15/21
guave makes good jelly

but scuppernong is my favorite
Posted By: UPhiker Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/15/21
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

My nightmare is someone is trying to rob me and my J-frame has about a 50lb DA pull and before it fires the squeeze has caused me to yank off the target.
The only time one can have too much ammo is if he's swimming or in a fire.
Mackey, As usual You’re absolutely correct, the left has destroyed the Constitution and will do whatever they want whenever they want unless Patriots fight back with an inordinate amount of force.

As I said earlier, I don’t think there’s a right answer for how much is enough. Reloading is a great way to stretch how far a single case can go but isn’t a good answer to ensuring a steady supply in the case of war. All my SHTF rifles and pistols are using ammo that I figure is a 1 time use per case. I don’t think picking up your empty brass while running and gunning is a recipe for success. My stores take into consideration the fact that any shot fired in anger is NOT going to be reloaded. I also don’t assume that I can get ammo off the downed enemy and have planned accordingly. Anything that I’m able to commandeer is a bonus, not an expectation.
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

My nightmare is someone is trying to rob me and my J-frame has about a 50lb DA pull and before it fires the squeeze has caused me to yank off the target.

Had that one, too.
Originally Posted by gregintenn
The only time one can have too much ammo is if he's swimming or in a fire.

LOL. Like.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/18/21
Good posts, guys.

Double loadouts...
One of the things that I am taking into consideration, is... How long will ammo virtually be unavailable. If it's 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, Longer??? It may be more than you have now. Not to mention the bullets and primers to be able to reload are getting to be less and less available due to the fact that the manufacturers are using all those parts to produce ammo. Reloading (unless you are seriously well stocked) may not be the answer either.
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

What about golf balls? Are you well stocked or do you reuse them?
I re-use my balls and also wash them between holes. To each their own though.

NGAF Natasha. Go back to sucking Boris' dick and then make him a sammich.
Posted By: 65BR Re: Ammo - what is....enough? - 01/22/21
Well picked up a few at Academy and ChinaMart.

Limit 3 (6.5cm) and 2 (22 WMR) respectively (limit on 22s at local WMT - said it's nationwide? IDK.

No matter if you get a 100 pack or bulk pack of LR.....etc.

Supply very very spotty as to what cartridge and shipments small and sporadic timing.
© 24hourcampfire