Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
All I need are a few more Savage vent liners and I’ll be good.

GB1

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
And it's not just ammo.

Food, water, medical supplies, fuel, spare parts. Re-Hint.

I'll add to your list. Skills. Many things can be made or altered to be useful if you know how. This won't be a one many show. Resources will need to be pooled but only with those you trust.

Last edited by Jim1611; 01/10/21.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Jim1611
And it's not just ammo.

I'll add to your list. Skills. Many things can be made or altered to be useful if you know how. This won't be a one many show. Resources will need to be pooled but only with those you trust.

I've been watching training films all week. Almost on Season 9 of The Walking Dead.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by Jim1611
And it's not just ammo.

I've been watching training films all week. Almost on Season 9 of The Walking Dead.

Those aren't training videos, they're motivational videos!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I don’t think there’s such thing as “enough”

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Although I currently have a fairly decent supply of loaded ammunition and components, it's not nearly enough as I want and I'd certainly like to have more. There's no way in hell, however, I'm paying current inflated prices that are often many times the price of ammo and components just a year ago - if I could even find it in stock.

I believe that either 5K-10K for each caliber (or the components necessary to load up to those numbers) would be adequate for me to feel comfortable. A few more firearms wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/10/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've seen Mad Max.

I'm good on ammo, but I'm short on leather underwear.....

Sic Semper Tyrannis
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I have 50 cal ammo boxes filled with ammunition for firearms that I don’t have, currency if you will. As to how much is enough?.... I don’t know nor does anyone. I won’t disclose how much I have but I never feel as though it’s enough, much like millionaires and money. My vests contain 3 loaded rifle mags and 3 loaded pistol mags. I have an additional 9 mag carrier that also stays loaded. Go bags carry additional mags and ammo. I don’t have any illusions about the ugliness that could visit but it’s my responsibility as a father and husband to do everything possible to educate and train the family. We shoot almost daily. I required our children to take Red Cross first and CPR since ignorance is the biggest threat. My first kit is almost as complete as the gear we carried on the rigs. Multiple large O2 bottles with the appropriate delivery systems (cannulas, NRB’s, BVM, etc). I can treat with IV therapy for family or close teammates. I need to get a couple of chest tubes and a couple more Hyfin SCW vents and I’d like to get more quick clot. I have a fair amount of quick clot but I want more. I can check and treat hypoglycemia, BP, O2sat, temp, etc. I continually add to the first aid kit and I’m reasonably satisfied that I could deal with most trauma as effectively as possible given the circumstances. I keep a full assortment of most OTC meds and some antibiotics on hand. None of us in my family have any conditions that require medication (ie diabetes, hypertension, etc) so I don’t have to worry about having extra required meds. I have enough food to last us at least a year, unlimited water, vitamins and batteries and fuel. My buddy has built an amazing off grid redoubt in the mountains so I could bring the family there if necessary. I’ve contributed to the food and ammo stores kept there as well as labor helping my buddy. He keeps 3000 gallons of propane and 500 gallons of non-ethanol treated fuel that gets rotated out and replaced every September.

If you feel like you’re prepared then you probably aren’t. 😉. Preparation is a constant and ever evolving practice that not only includes things but most importantly KNOWLEDGE.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Never stop buying,then you will never run out when times get tough
I always buy a box or two of this or that everytime I go to the LGS. Never buy a lot and there is always plenty for the next guy. I don't think a guy can have to much ammo or supplies

Just because you're offended doesn't mean your right.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
It would sure suck to have to quit because you ran out of ammo.

Life is good live it while you can.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 65BR
Seriously - I see all this fear buying, hoarding, and I am not questioning the times we live in.

But I tell people all the time, you can only shoot one...at a time. Normally.

How much can you carry? And how much do you think you will go thru, in a situation(s) before you get tagged? JS

I would say 250 cartridges is more than enough.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I have 50 cal ammo boxes filled with ammunition for firearms that I don’t have, currency if you will. As to how much is enough?.... I don’t know nor does anyone. I won’t disclose how much I have but I never feel as though it’s enough, much like millionaires and money. My vests contain 3 loaded rifle mags and 3 loaded pistol mags. I have an additional 9 mag carrier that also stays loaded. Go bags carry additional mags and ammo. I don’t have any illusions about the ugliness that could visit but it’s my responsibility as a father and husband to do everything possible to educate and train the family. We shoot almost daily. I required our children to take Red Cross first and CPR since ignorance is the biggest threat. My first kit is almost as complete as the gear we carried on the rigs. Multiple large O2 bottles with the appropriate delivery systems (cannulas, NRB’s, BVM, etc). I can treat with IV therapy for family or close teammates. I need to get a couple of chest tubes and a couple more Hyfin SCW vents and I’d like to get more quick clot. I have a fair amount of quick clot but I want more. I can check and treat hypoglycemia, BP, O2sat, temp, etc. I continually add to the first aid kit and I’m reasonably satisfied that I could deal with most trauma as effectively as possible given the circumstances. I keep a full assortment of most OTC meds and some antibiotics on hand. None of us in my family have any conditions that require medication (ie diabetes, hypertension, etc) so I don’t have to worry about having extra required meds. I have enough food to last us at least a year, unlimited water, vitamins and batteries and fuel. My buddy has built an amazing off grid redoubt in the mountains so I could bring the family there if necessary. I’ve contributed to the food and ammo stores kept there as well as labor helping my buddy. He keeps 3000 gallons of propane and 500 gallons of non-ethanol treated fuel that gets rotated out and replaced every September.

If you feel like you’re prepared then you probably aren’t. 😉. Preparation is a constant and ever evolving practice that not only includes things but most importantly KNOWLEDGE.

Ok I don’t have the attention span to read all of this but I thought I was the only one that had ammo for calibers I don’t own. Lol.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've got what I've got. Looks like that'll just have to do.

65BR Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good points folks, no doubt folks who intend to shoot alot of matches, etc. will burn more. Nothing against anyone having any amount.

Just looking at the current driver of many buyers, and if they are being realistic. I agree above, that fire would burn most folks out, and yes, you need water and other essential supplies.

As to the pricing, I agree High Noon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dutch
I've seen Mad Max.

I'm good on ammo, but I'm short on leather underwear.....

Just get you a quality studded leather codpiece and call it a day. Quality means not MIC!

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Slavek
Seriously - I see all this fear buying, hoarding, and I am not questioning the times we live in.

How much can you carry? And how much do you think you will go thru, in a situation(s) before you get tagged? JS

I've got about that many rattling around in the vent system in my truck...... should I count those?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Just checked midwayusa, they're sold out of fricken 16 gauge!

WTF?!

Pretty sure I have a few boxes left in the garage , should be good for a couple seasons of cock blasting but man, outta 16 gauge?

Got nervous and checked inventory, 8 boxes of hunting ammo, 6-7 clay pigeon stuff, whew......

Last edited by SamOlson; 01/10/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
Originally Posted by MichieD

Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I love how people are going to go to war with their 22's. You want to buy up 223 and 7.62 at least it would make some sense. Even then 99.99% of Americans won't resist. Hell, republicans are apologizing for marching outside the capital.

I bet a silenced 22, a 40moa rail, a turret scope and a good perch could suck a lot of wind out of a ANTIFA 'protest'

A guy could do a lot worse than a reliable .22lr and a couple thousand rounds of ammo in a bugout/SHTF scenario.

Some truth there for anyone that can shoot worth a damn.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

And when you whack some spray and pray nutcase you can let your neighbors has his stash.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Slavek

I've got about that many rattling around in the vent system in my truck...... should I count those?

Lol, my old trappping partner would open two 50rd boxes of 22LR when he got a new vehicle and scatter them around. On the floor, every door pocket etc..

He said it’s better than just putting them in the glovebox

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 163bc, 52 invisible), 2,954 guests, and 1,235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,970
Posts18,519,688
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.