Home
G'day All,

I've made another Video. As always I'm keen to get some feedback from you as to whether it's any good?

Trying to attract an American audience.๐Ÿ˜

If you think it's alright. Hit Subscribe on YouTube for me? Hopefully my footage an editing will get better as I go.

Don't be afraid to be honest. I'm keen to learn.๐Ÿ‘

Watch "Australian Feral Pig Muster 4. Wild Boar Hunting in the Outback" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/H1sBh0O8uQI
Thing Iโ€™ve always admired about you folks is the new definition you apply to โ€œcrazyโ€. grin

Good vid, thanks.

BTW, 20 ga #3 buck works as well or better.
Iโ€™ve sat in my bow stand with a 12 gauge auto. That is fun, might get 3 shots off.
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Thing Iโ€™ve always admired about you folks is the new definition you apply to โ€œcrazyโ€. grin

Good vid, thanks.

BTW, 20 ga #3 buck works as well or better.

๐Ÿ˜‚
We do seem to get the "Crazy" tag a bit!!

What's crazy to one is often normal to another I guess.

Thanks for the feedback DigitalDan.๐Ÿ‘

Interesting you mention a 20ga. Would be a little less recoil I guess.
Originally Posted by hanco
Iโ€™ve sat in my bow stand with a 12 gauge auto. That is fun, might get 3 shots off.

Try giving it a crack from a moving car Hanco. Great fun.... as long as you don't roll the car I guess...
Originally Posted by OzzyHunter

Try giving it a crack from a moving car Hanco. Great fun.... as long as you don't roll the car I guess...

I've gunned quite a bit from a helicopter. But for coyotes, not hogs. And with an AR, not a shotgun.

I bet it would work well where you are.
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

I've gunned quite a bit from a helicopter. But for coyotes, not hogs. And with an AR, not a shotgun.

I bet it would work well where you are.

I have a couples of AR's which is perfect from a Chopper on Hogs. It's so rough shooting from a Car that a Shotgun gives us more room for error and more chance to hit the suckers.

I have about 8 Vids on my Channel. There's one there called Hog Muster 2 that has us blasting with an AR10. Have a look if you get a chance.๐Ÿ‘
are those good eating or just fertilizer?
Very cool video.. Sort of like a sporting clays course with all kinds of different shot angles & challenges. Now that I think about it perhaps that's "sporting swine". Thanks for posting.
Great video! Do you do any thing with them or leave them where they lay? Looks like great fun! I'd love to try that!
Originally Posted by rem141r
are those good eating or just fertilizer?

Mainly Fertiliser.

We eat the the odd one that's nice and fat that looks healthy. There's so many diseases you can get from them here that it's risky eating them.
Originally Posted by 22250rem
Very cool video.. Sort of like a sporting clays course with all kinds of different shot angles & challenges. Now that I think about it perhaps that's "sporting swine". Thanks for posting.

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Sporting Swine! I like it.

After bouncing around in the back of that car blasting hogs for a day I'm covered in bruises, sore, and it takes me a couple of days to come good normally. Bloody good fun though.

So I'll say it's more physical than Sporting clays. Could be a popular alternative.๐Ÿ˜

Glad you like it 22250rem. Thanks for the feedback.๐Ÿ‘
I've always held the belief that a semi-auto 12 gauge with #1 buckshot is a more effective weapon than an AR15 inside of 50 yards anyway.
Originally Posted by RS308MX
Great video! Do you do any thing with them or leave them where they lay? Looks like great fun! I'd love to try that!

Thanks RS308MX!!

Most of them lay there to feed the predators such as birds, foxs, Goannas and magots. They disappear pretty fast.
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I've always held the belief that a semi-auto 12 gauge with #1 buckshot is a more effective weapon than an AR15 inside of 50 yards anyway.

I reckon that's probably a fairly solid belief from my experience Triggernosis.

Also when we are trying to cull numbers. When the piglets bunch together we can kill multiple pigs in one shot. It's far more efficient.
Post bump for you, I subscribed via youtube.
Originally Posted by LeakyWaders
Post bump for you, I subscribed via youtube.

Thanks LeakyWaders.

Glad you like it!!๐Ÿ‘
Great video once again! I would love to give that a try! Subscribed to the Youtube after the last video you posted here. Keep up the good work!
Originally Posted by marktheshark
Great video once again! I would love to give that a try! Subscribed to the Youtube after the last video you posted here. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Marktheshark!

I'd love to take you out with us. Would be great to get a few guys from the USA to come along. Would look awsome on my YouTube Channel.๐Ÿ‘

Also I wouldn't go any larger than #1 buckshot. I think you restrict yourself with too few pellets otherwise. It only takes 1 of those #1 Buckshot pellets to hit the brain and its lights out. I don't use slugs either as I think it defeats the advantage of using a shotty. I'd rather use a AR10 than use a Shotty with Slugs in it.

Just my 2 cents....๐Ÿ˜‹
Tlp on shooting from a bicycle......
Nothing over standard 20 ga shooting to the side.......

High desert jackrabbit school of shooting.

Donโ€™t ask......

Also I wouldn't go any larger than #1 buckshot. I think you restrict yourself with too few pellets otherwise. It only takes 1 of those #1 Buckshot pellets to hit the brain and its lights out. I don't use slugs either as I think it defeats the advantage of using a shotty. I'd rather use a AR10 than use a Shotty with Slugs in it.

Just my 2 cents....๐Ÿ˜‹

Load #2(.270 diameter)for deer in Virginia
They die .......
I thought you guys used boomerangs.
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Tlp on shooting from a bicycle......
Nothing over standard 20 ga shooting to the side.......

High desert jackrabbit school of shooting.

Donโ€™t ask......

I can't say I've ever heard of anyone shooting from a Bicycle ๐Ÿ˜„.

They sound like some sound tips for ever I give it a go though.

Cheers.๐Ÿ‘

Just my 2 cents....๐Ÿ˜‹

Load #2(.270 diameter)for deer in Virginia
They die .......

The Bigger you go the more dead they'll be I guess. As long as you hit them....
Originally Posted by OldHat

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Yeah we only ever used Boomerangs until the Government confiscated them in 96.

Complete Nanny State over here these days!!
Great video. Looks like a ton of fun
Originally Posted by Mac84
Great video. Looks like a ton of fun

Thanks Mac84.

We enjoy it!๐Ÿ‘
Enjoyed it!
Originally Posted by SU35
Enjoyed it!

Thanks for the feedback SU35.๐Ÿ‘
That sure looks like fun!
Could watch that all day! We kill a log of hogs here in Florida and Georgia, but ours are mostly nocturnal. Handgunning hogs up close in a swamp under moonlight! Thatโ€™s some exciting sport.
I'm glad to hear other's beliefs in #1 buckshot. You can't tell the younger cats around here in my neck of the woods a damn thing - they are all about "double aught" (#00). Just won't listen to us old farts who have experience.
Do Aussies have nukes?
That reminds me of a time long ago when we had more easy access to semi-autos. We used tray back utes - I remember the discomfort of hanging on and getting sore and bruised from getting beaten around, but it was fun. It looks like your version is more fun than what ours was. I miss my M14.
Good sheit, enjoyed that. We don't play with snakes here though.
Originally Posted by ryoushi
That sure looks like fun!

Most fun you can have with your socks on.๐Ÿ˜
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Could watch that all day! We kill a log of hogs here in Florida and Georgia, but ours are mostly nocturnal. Handgunning hogs up close in a swamp under moonlight! Thatโ€™s some exciting sport.

That does sound like fun. We need to organise a swap hunt Mannlicher.
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
That reminds me of a time long ago when we had more easy access to semi-autos. We used tray back utes - I remember the discomfort of hanging on and getting sore and bruised from getting beaten around, but it was fun. It looks like your version is more fun than what ours was. I miss my M14.

I remember the same time Mauserand9mm. My dad would drive us around all day and half the night swinging from the back of utes with Shotguns.

Current setup is a little more safer.๐Ÿ˜
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Do Aussies have nukes?

Nah... No one will give us any dimecovers5.

We just rely on you guys to send the Nukes if needed.
I'm glad to hear other's beliefs in #1 buckshot. You can't tell the younger cats around here in my neck of the woods a damn thing - they are all about "double aught" (#00). Just won't listen to us old farts who have experience.

I think it's a case of seeing is believing Triggernosis. Also the retailers always push the bigger stuff. I guess bigger sounds better. Just not in this case.๐Ÿ˜

And impossible to find loaded.
I just got done setting a guy up. He uses #1 or #2
He hates to use Double Aught....now he doesnโ€™t have to! Lol
Enjoyed the video, looks like a blast.
My only comment on the video is that the large text in the middle of the screen was a bit distracting. Smaller text at the bottom would be better.
Let us know when you post up new vids.

I have mentioned it on 24hourcampfire before.

We use something a little smaller again than #1 Buckshot. They call it AAA Buckshot hear.

The Exact load I use often is Eley Alphamax 36gr AAA. It works a treat. But I don't think it's available in the USA from what I'm told.

The Video I put on this thread is not the best example as I wasn't using AAA in this one. Watch my other Video Called Hog muster 3 on my YouTube Channel to see the AAA in action.
I'm using AAA in this Video. They go down dead with these...๐Ÿ’ฏ

Watch "Australian Feral Pig Muster 3. Wild Boar Hunt Australia." on YouTube
https://youtu.be/kDqZ6Qqo5QM
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Enjoyed the video, looks like a blast.
My only comment on the video is that the large text in the middle of the screen was a bit distracting. Smaller text at the bottom would be better.
Let us know when you post up new vids.

Thanks for the feedback NVhntr.

I hear you in regards to the Text size. Also the length of time its on the screen is a pain. I can't actually adjust the size, where its located, or length using the Gopro app on my phone.

I need to buy a decent computer so I have more editing options.

Doing it on my phone is very limited.
Looks like a hoot! I bet you are sore after a day bouncing around and shooting like that. I always get a kick out of hearing you guys talk down there! Farts sound the same down there as they do here...
That looks a lot like what we do in the winter to coyotes on snow mobiles. Lots of fun. Very dangerous. Usually one guy is the hazer and one guy is the shooter. An AR15 or a shotgun using #4 buck works best.
Looks like a hoot! Reminds me of chasing jacks through the cedars as a kid from the back of an FJ40 landcruiser. Old man and his buddy would have a couple "sundowners" with dinner, wait for dark, pile us kids in the back of the FJ40, turn on the KC's, and go out chasing jacks in the cedars.

Holy hell, could not get away with that these days!
The Exact load I use often is Eley Alphamax 36gr AAA. It works a treat. But I don't think it's available in the USA from what I'm told.

According to the charts I've seen, Aussie AAA shot is the equivalent of American T shot. 0.20", or 5.16mm.

I don't see T shot around my neck of the woods in factory shells. Not in lead, anyway.
Originally Posted by OldHat

What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?

A stick.

We use something a little smaller again than #1 Buckshot. They call it AAA Buckshot hear.

The Video I put on this thread is not the best example as I wasn't using AAA in this one. Watch my other Video Called Hog muster 3 on my YouTube Channel to see the AAA in action.

Do you buy your ammo or does the Govt buy it for you? I'm guessing it gets a bit spendy if you buy your own.

Do you buy your ammo or does the Govt buy it for you? I'm guessing it gets a bit spendy if you buy your own.

No the government doesn't buy my ammo.

The Farmers generally pay and supply for my Ammo and fuel.

That AAA ammo. We can normally source it for about $150 Au per 250 rounds. It's not to bad.
Originally Posted by NMiller
Looks like a hoot! I bet you are sore after a day bouncing around and shooting like that. I always get a kick out of hearing you guys talk down there! Farts sound the same down there as they do here...

Haha... Yeah we do get a little knocked around... depends how many drains and holes we hit. But it's all part of the fun.

When I went to Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada, and California in 2012 for a few weeks. I found many people over there couldn't even understand us. Hopefully we are making sense on the video.

I reckon those farts probably smell similar there too.๐Ÿ˜Š
Originally Posted by DaveR
Looks like a hoot! Reminds me of chasing jacks through the cedars as a kid from the back of an FJ40 landcruiser. Old man and his buddy would have a couple "sundowners" with dinner, wait for dark, pile us kids in the back of the FJ40, turn on the KC's, and go out chasing jacks in the cedars.

Sounds like glory days there DaveR.

I'm guessing Jacks are Jack Rabbits right?
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
That looks a lot like what we do in the winter to coyotes on snow mobiles. Lots of fun. Very dangerous. Usually one guy is the hazer and one guy is the shooter. An AR15 or a shotgun using #4 buck works best.

Sounds Similar alright.

We double up on motorcycles sometimes and chase hogs aswell.
I would do that in a new york minute. Do you have trouble getting ammo over there?
That looks like more fun than a toddler in a room full of bouncy balls! If I ever got a chance to go down under, I'd want to look you guys up! Great video, it was fun to watch.
Originally Posted by DouginLa
I would do that in a new york minute. Do you have trouble getting ammo over there?

Ammo prices have gone up considerably the last few months. I normally buy in Bulk when I see a special so I haven't had to buy any for a long time. I'm fairly sure you can get most ammo here atm. Just a little more expensive than usual due to the shortage out of the USA.
Originally Posted by longshot3
That looks like more fun than a toddler in a room full of bouncy balls! If I ever got a chance to go down under, I'd want to look you guys up! Great video, it was fun to watch.

Haha... Glad you like it longshot3.
It's great to get some feedback.

Definitely send me a msg if your heading over this way. Be fun to take out someone from the USA.๐Ÿ‘
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack

Being a little dangerous adds to the fun.

#4 Buckshot loads I've seen over here are worth 3 times the price of the loads I use. I imagine they would work a treat. Just too dam pricey over here.
That looks like a great time! Thanks for posting
Originally Posted by DaveR

Sounds like glory days there DaveR.

I'm guessing Jacks are Jack Rabbits right?

Yep, jackrabbits. Fun times back then.
Men who know how to have fun. I like it.
Originally Posted by JessG
That looks like a great time! Thanks for posting

Thanks Jess!

Glad you like it.๐Ÿ˜

No the government doesn't buy my ammo.

The Farmers generally pay and supply for my Ammo and fuel.

That AAA ammo. We can normally source it for about $150 Au per 250 rounds. It's not to bad.

That's cheaper than I would have expected.
I saw guys hunting deer like that in Kansas.
Originally Posted by Huntz
I saw guys hunting deer like that in Kansas.

I'm not sure how fast deer over there move but I'm guessing it's a hell of a lot faster than hogs. You would certainly be doing some pace chasing them suckers.๐Ÿ˜
Iโ€™ve enjoyed the videos that youโ€™ve been posting. I hadnโ€™t thought about how beaten up you guys get after a day of hunting. In my mind Iโ€™m still in my twenties and resilient, not 54. Maybe a bubble wrap suit would be in order? :-). Something to give a little advantage.
Originally Posted by IZH27
Iโ€™ve enjoyed the videos that youโ€™ve been posting. I hadnโ€™t thought about how beaten up you guys get after a day of hunting. In my mind Iโ€™m still in my twenties and resilient, not 54. Maybe a bubble wrap suit would be in order? :-). Something to give a little advantage.

๐Ÿคฃ Hopefully I'm not that precious IZH27. And hopefully I don't look 54.

We do have a bit of foam wrapped around the hole in the roof. It works alright.

If I didn't finish the day a little beaten up I'd feel like we hadn't been trying hard enough. That's part of a good day out.๐Ÿ‘
Originally Posted by websterparish47
Men who know how to have fun. I like it.

There's still a few of us left Websterparish.๐Ÿ˜
As far as I can tell, AAA shot is just a little larger than our BB. Is BB available in lead? (I've been out of serious shotgunning for a WHILE)
Originally Posted by mark shubert
As far as I can tell, AAA shot is just a little larger than our BB. Is BB available in lead? (I've been out of serious shotgunning for a WHILE)

Yep thats it Shubert. BB Is a common game load in Australia as farmers use it for shooting Kangaroos off there crops when there is Plague numbers... which is often.

I lot of farmers here also use BB shot for pigs as it's so much cheaper than Buckshot loads as it can still be made using a drop tower.

AAA Loads are still reasonably priced here and work well on Hogs.
© 24hourcampfire