Home
I got kicked out of a group this year. I wanted to make my exit but couldn't think of a way to do it gracefully. A family had 3 good stands on their land and nobody was hunting. I started hunting the ground, shot some deer, the rest of the family decides they want to hunt. I'm not family, I'm out. It's better this way. Anyone else ever get the boot? Or have to give someone the boot? Bet that's fun too.
Can't argue with family. It doesn't end well.

Send a nice card thanking them for the opportunity.

Everyone is my friend during hunting season. Chores are year round and usually lonely. Maybe send a note when chores are needed in trade for access.
We have had the wardens run people off before.
No group that would accept me in the first place would ever kick me out.
Fugg em...
Move on....
Dont give em the time of day for any satisfaction in their minds.
Nope. I hunt on my best friends farm, we went to school and grew up together, and he tells me I have a lifetime welcome. It's 1 mile from my house and I have some of the best hunting in the state! I'm more fortunate than most.
As Groucho Marx once said, "I don't know if I'd want to be in a club that would have me as a member".
Property gets sold all the time, property gets too crowded, or you shoot a big one and someone doesn't like it.
Say "thank you for all the hunts I've enjoyed" & move on.
The
Originally Posted by renegade50
Fugg em...
Move on....
Dont give em the time of day for any satisfaction in their minds.

This. You were looking for a place to hunt when you found that one. So go find someplace else. Our elk hunting group has devolved from a core group of 10 to 2 with a bunch of add-on’s most years. I didn’t go last season and may say fugg it this year, too. No ninnies or Karen’s for me. Happy Trails
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Property gets sold all the time, property gets too crowded, or you shoot a big one and someone doesn't like it.

Nobody hates a successful deer hunter like a deer hunter....
Originally Posted by JeffP

Truth

I have been slightly worried about getting kicked off mine because I have killed the biggest and most bucks the last 2 years. Then again few around here will pony up the cash to be in the club so I am semi safe lol.
Originally Posted by Bperdue21

I have been slightly worried about getting kicked off mine because I have killed the biggest and most bucks the last 2 years. Then again few around here will pony up the cash to be in the club so I am semi safe lol.

Funny you say that. I killed a huge buck with broken off horns in 2019. 2020, I get the boot.
After several successful seasons the last of which I took a nice buck the group that I had been hunting with for 25yrs. decided that they didn't want "strangers shooting all the deer" and I was out of the group. I moved on to other places and opportunities and never hear from them again nor did I ever contact them.
Got the boot on two clubs years ago. First one, I shot a nice buck with the bow, then one with black powder, then a nice one during the gun season.(limit 4) "Said i was hunting too close to the presidents' area". Second one, I couldn't make the work weekend, so I offered to do some electrical work at the camp and it was agreed on. After doing the work, they booted me and said it was not enough. Oh Well!

Nobody hates a successful deer hunter like a lower skilled set deer hunter....

Fixt .
But your original post applies big time also in a all encompassing way.
And when someone consistently kills big deer every year.

The elmers no matter what age they will attribute it to luck amongst themselves to offset the feelings that they suck at hunting and the jealousy.

I have never found anyone who'd let me into their group.
You giys should listen to the whining in an arrowhead hunting club.

Main guy aka The Landowner aka Eeyore....mopes around toe kicking stones....”I never find nuffins”

I pick up a 5” Benton blade 10 feet from where he stood and opened a Slim Jim and ate it. crazy

Then gets pissy and kicks the two rockstars off the property. laugh
Originally Posted by slumlord

Main guy aka The Landowner aka Eeyore....mopes around toe kicking stones....”I never find nuffins”

Then gets pissy and kicks the two rockstars off the property.

Lol!!!

The day you found that big ole benton blade 20 yds off the road surrounded by footprints from him and sharkey was priceless.

Fugging Stevie Wonder coulda seen that blade.

LOL!!!
You need to post up the "How not to chain down a wheeler on your trailer vid"

LMFAO!!!!

How many times in a row did you hit his hand saying no that is not right???

LMFAO!!!!

This......

I pick up a 5” Benton blade 10 feet from where he stood and opened a Slim Jim and ate it. crazy

Why you gotta make fun of Eeyore? He is dealing with some stuff.
Had to get to the point of not bragging or showing off the finds at the end of the day

Show him a few brokes and a dinger and scraper.

Keep the good good in another pocket.

Simpletons are easy to manipulate, also just go out there on Tuesdays when he is at Manzanillo’s Mexican Restaurant for all day buffet. lol
Originally Posted by 19352012

Why you gotta make fun of Eeyore? He is dealing with some stuff.

Eeyore is a genius compared to the smooth he is talking about.

LOL!!!
You need to post up the "How not to chain down a wheeler on your trailer vid"

LMFAO!!!!

How many times in a row did you hit his hand saying no that is not right???

LMFAO!!!!

There weren’t no helping that guy. We put together a couple of deer stand tripods for that dude, he didnt even have a pocket knife to cut the bands on the boxes.
Clear shooting lanes, he just stand there and with his mouth open catching gnats, wouldnt drag brush, trip and fall get himself skinned up
Wouldn’t take advice an telling him not to take a shortcut through a bedding area to get to his stand
Couldn’t hit a pie pan at 50 yards with a .308 even while braced. lol

gawd
Dude had multiple 130-140” whitetails on that 1100 acres, he loses his chit and kills a 6 point ends up gut shooting it, then ham shooting, then a leg. He says “dat deera wouldnt die it wuz like the terminator”

Same dude that fell asleep in a pop up blind with another retard that also asleep and touched off a 270weatherby inside the blind.

Don’t EVER show pics of the BIG ONE to the landowner. He, or his greedy kids, will have the place leased to an outfitter or some high rollers before you can finish up spring turkey season...
Close, but the horse missed.
Never been kicked out, but I've removed myself from a group.
Death and old age has reduced my group down to me. A sad sack, I know.
I am done with the club scene.
Forty years ago, my brother and I and a friend of ours had access to three adjoining properties near his house, probably 1000 acres in all. Biggest draw was that it was convenient to my brother's house. All owners were people we'd known forever, were friendly with, etc. There were several other properties around there we could hunt also. One year I shot an absolutely gorgeous 10 point... it was the kind of perfect, long-tined, symmetrical rack usually only seen on calendars and magazine covers. Okay... following year, I shot an eight-point that was actually a bigger deer, over 200 pounds dressed. Shortly after that one of the landowners told my brother the other two told him they were going to post their property and not allow us to hunt there any longer and if he wasn't going to do the same, he couldn't hunt on their property either. He told my brother we were still welcome on his place, to hell with his neighbors. My brother told him, no, go ahead and go along with them, it wasn't any big deal. We had just closed the lease deal on a much better hunting property and were intending to open it up to those guys as well, seeing as how they'd let us hunt their places all those years. Oh well. We kept that lease for 35 years, until I moved out of the state and, actually can still hunt it if we want to. Meanwhile we also bought over 200 acres of our own and got the adjoining 400 under lease. We have killed a lot of trophy deer over the years.
True story........had a supposed lifetime permission to coyote hunt on some very good property. Landowners son comes by one day and asks me not to go there anymore, as his daddy had gotten all messed up on his medicine and is going out at all hours of the night and day looking for trespassers. Found out later via third party the real reason they didn't want me there............somebody had been driving a 4wd to the back of the property, and made a bunch of ruts, and they thought it was me. I always rode an ATV or UTV when I went hunting there, so it wasn't me. What I never told anyone, and still haven't, was that it was one of the landowners granddaughters and her boyfriend going back there to screw.........and I know that for a fact.
bow chica wow wow
Originally Posted by FatCity67

I'd hunt with ya Phil.

Just imagine how fat we'd get !!!
A place I leased for 25 years was sold. I had to get my cshit and get gone.
bow chica wow wow

I had a better seat than the ones down at the old drive in that used to be at Oak Grove............and didn't have to pay.
i left a family group of drinkers and violaters, always got the worst blind
Originally Posted by hanco

That happens a lot, Hanco.

Last year the Mississippi dwf wasn’t seeing any big buck reports and went to investigating as to why.

Upon visiting taxidermist shops they found bodacious bucks being mounted.

They then found that the hunters were keeping their mouths shut so that their leases wouldn’t be scooped away by folks offering much more money.

I belong to a group that forbids posting any harvest publicly. One guy took a very old 12 point with a double main beam and sent it to the local paper and put it on FB.

Zapped and adios .
Not really a hunting group, but I had permission to small game hunt on a tree nursery within walking distance of my home. Wonderful quail habitat. Started my hunting "career" there, tagging along with my dad in the 1960's. The family was (still are) good friends - vol. fire co., church, etc. After the patriarch of the family passed in 1997, his daughter told me, with apologies, that only the family would be hunting that farm from then on. Their land, their choice. I'm grateful for the memories that were made there.
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Last year the Mississippi dwf wasn’t seeing any big buck reports and went to investigating as to why.

They then found that the hunters were keeping their mouths shut so that their leases wouldn’t be scooped away by folks offering much more money.

I belong to a group that forbids posting any harvest publicly. One guy took a very old 12 point with a double main beam and sent it to the local paper and put it on FB.

Zapped and adios .

Our wardens visit taxi shops on surprise inspections, kill tags and logged checkin no.s have to attached to the skull plate while in the shop.
Unless you got a speak easy taxidermist, but that is far fetched.

Maybe your laws or warden discretion is different?

Zapped and adios .

Our wardens visit taxi shops on surprise inspections, kill tags and logged checkin no.s have to attached to the skull plate while in the shop.

What are you asking, Slum?
Originally Posted by JamesJr
True story........had a supposed lifetime permission to coyote hunt on some very good property. Landowners son comes by one day and asks me not to go there anymore, as his daddy had gotten all messed up on his medicine and is going out at all hours of the night and day looking for trespassers. Found out later via third party the real reason they didn't want me there............somebody had been driving a 4wd to the back of the property, and made a bunch of ruts, and they thought it was me. I always rode an ATV or UTV when I went hunting there, so it wasn't me. What I never told anyone, and still haven't, was that it was one of the landowners granddaughters and her boyfriend going back there to screw.........and I know that for a fact.

You sneaky old fart

#bluepills
#aintdoneyet
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

I'd hunt with ya Phil.

Amen to that Brother Paul amen to that.

I used to hunt with a group of drunks. They kicked me out for drinking. So a few years later I quit drinking and joined a club with no alcohol allowed. It folded this past year due to lack of members. Now I hunt with a small landowner who could care less what I do or kill. It's awesome.
I have never been a member of a hunting club, just a couple groups of family members and never been given the boot. I have given some hunters the boot.
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
I used to hunt with a group of drunks. They kicked me out for drinking. So a few years later I quit drinking and joined a club with no alcohol allowed. It folded this past year due to lack of members. Now I hunt with a small landowner who could care less what I do or kill. It's awesome.

I like to fellowship. Cook. Drink. Hunt.

It’s not serious to me as some make it out to be.

Fuggin trophy hunters.....

I’ve hunter with some folks, paid their money. The helped plant , work, etc. they hardly even hunted.

Happy as can be keeping the fire going and cooking.

First one to meet you at the skinning shed to help.

They may not fired a shot, but ended up with a freezer full.

Everyone is looking for something different.
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

I'd hunt with ya Phil.

Amen to that Brother Paul amen to that.

laugh
My dad and I used to hunt a farm that my cousin owns. It was kind of funny, because after they bought it, my dad asked about hunting it, right away my cousin's wife said yes. We hunted it about 3 years until my dad died. In college, I hunted it a little off and on with no issues. After I joined the AF and got married, the wife and I came home for Thanksgiving one year and my cousin's wife told me to come deer hunting so I did. I killed a nice little 8 pointer one morning, and that was the last time I was allowed to hunt there. I wasn't told then, it was a year later after we got stationed back in AR, and I asked my cousin if I could hunt it. He said his daughter's husband (his daughter is my age) and his family were hunting it now and I no longer could. I understood, and it's his property. To be honest, I always got the feeling he never wanted my dad nor I to hunt there, but his wife kept telling us to come on and hunt it. After finding out I could no longer hunt there, I got access to 2 new properties and then eventually a 3rd one while we lived back in AR. All in all, I had a lot better deer hunting experiences then I ever did at my cousin's farm. Other than memories of hunting with my dad there, that's it. We never saw a legal deer when my dad was alive. I think if we had and one of us would have shot one, we wouldn't have been allowed back a lot earlier.

Zapped and adios .

Maybe I read it and inferred that deer we not being officially tagged in and your local taxidermist was “in on the misdoings”
Originally Posted by Hudge
My dad and I used to hunt a farm that my cousin owns. It was kind of funny, because after they bought it, my dad asked about hunting it, right away my cousin's wife said yes. We hunted it about 3 years until my dad died. In college, I hunted it a little off and on with no issues. After I joined the AF and got married, the wife and I came home for Thanksgiving one year and my cousin's wife told me to come deer hunting so I did. I killed a nice little 8 pointer one morning, and that was the last time I was allowed to hunt there. I wasn't told then, it was a year later after we got stationed back in AR, and I asked my cousin if I could hunt it. He said his daughter's husband (his daughter is my age) and his family were hunting it now and I no longer could. I understood, and it's his property. To be honest, I always got the feeling he never wanted my dad nor I to hunt there, but his wife kept telling us to come on and hunt it. After finding out I could no longer hunt there, I got access to 2 new properties and then eventually a 3rd one while we lived back in AR. All in all, I had a lot better deer hunting experiences then I ever did at my cousin's farm. Other than memories of hunting with my dad there, that's it. We never saw a legal deer when my dad was alive. I think if we had and one of us would have shot one, we wouldn't have been allowed back a lot earlier.

Surprises your cousin hasn’t asked you to take him hunting up here..
These guys haven't kicked me out yet. Came close once as I "assisted" a hunter new to the area once and it seems I may have pissed them off a bit.

But, it's hard to be kicked out of a "club" that hunts public lands.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Heck, they even use their high dollar glass to find elk for me to chase.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Since we are the landowners, we have no danger of being kicked out. Better that way.
I’m not a landowner, but I am one hell of a charming son-in-law.

Married up, eh?

Well, here's an idea. Maybe we need to put in for the same unit some year and see what happens?

What do we do when we're kicked out of the club.......................... we can form our own club.

Originally Posted by Valsdad

Well, here's an idea. Maybe we need to put in for the same unit some year and see what happens?

What do we do when we're kicked out of the club.......................... we can form our own club.

👍👍👍
Originally Posted by Valsdad

👍👍👍

Are you saying you want to be the leader of the TN chapter? grin

We can keep it on the down low so Khan wife doesn't find out. shocked
Yes , my brother’s!! Don’t ask!!
I knew a guy who went together with a few of his friends and paid for a lease. I think it was 4 or 5 guys total, anyhow the land owner caught one of the guys bringing 2 or 3 other hunters who werent paying for the lease to hunt during the week while the other guys were at work. Land owner told all of them to get lost, it turned into a big shouting match between all of them and I dont think any of them are friends anymore to this day.

I had that until my inlaws joined the angel choir.
I hunted a 30,000 acre ranch north of Emmett Idaho for a couple of decades. I took the cow boss's kids bird hunting on Thanksgiving day. One day I get stopped by this young man and he starts giving me hell for trespassing. I tell him I have permission from the owner and have hunted here for decades. He yells that's all over and I'm not welcome here. So I drive over to the cow boss's home and asks what's up? He tells me I spoke with the owner's new son in law and the kid has dreams of turning the place into his own hunting business. Cow boss tells me to just ignore him and go hunting and if he jumps me again tell him you want to drive over to the owners with him to clear it up. Cow boss also says he'll guarantee the owner likes me more than the new SIL. I never went back, it was a great place to hunt but I didn't want to stir up family business.

Was hunting 1/2 mile from my home, lying in a cut corn field with hundreds of ducks swarming the field. It was tough shooting only one at a time. Land owner's son comes storming out and chews my ass. I tell him I had spoke with his Dad that very day and had permission to hunt there. The son was fuming so I said okay I'll leave, pointed at my house which was clearly in view, and told him to stop by if he had a problem with me. When I spoke with his Dad he apologized for his son's behavior and said it was best I didn't hunt there again.

Was hunting the section in which my home was located and had permission to hunt there. Got stopped by a guy telling me I was trespassing and had to leave. I asked him if he owned the land, he said no but knew who did. I asked who was the owner and he gave me a bogus name. I suggested we go talk to Dwayne, the owner, about this guy claiming to own his land. We parted ways fairly quickly.

Same one mile section: I carried a range finder to verify I was hunting outside the safety zone. Had a Karen come out screaming at me to leave. It went on for a while and I told her to call the authorities and we could discuss her unlawful interference with my legal hunt. I waited around and no one showed.

Finishing on a positive note, the land owner adjacent to where I hunt stopped me in the field one day. Asked my why I had never asked to hunt his property and I explained his concrete ditches and farming practices were too modern for pheasant habitat. He went on to point out he had another piece of land with lots of birds but they were building a development next to it. Next time out I was over with my range finder and killing birds.
A few months ago I had a guy invite me to a lease that he was part of and not to worry about paying. I politely declined, it wouldnt take long for the other hunters to discover I wasnt paying for anything and I dont need the drama

Zapped and adios .

Maybe I read it and inferred that deer we not being officially tagged in and your local taxidermist was “in on the misdoings”

Okay, got it now.

No, the deer were properly taken and tagged as they should have been but the missing link was that there were so few’bragging rights’ on display in the local newspaper Sportsman pages, big buck contests, etc.

In other words, some folks and hunting clubs learned some hard lessons with pictures, locations, etc. and lost leases that they’d held for many years and developed into trophy potential.

That’s what I was inferring, Slum.

Ain’t nothing gets a Duck in trouble but his beak.
I have had to kick a guy off or "uninvited him " , it sucks when you got to be the regulator .
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
I have had to kick a guy off or "uninvited him " , it sucks when you got to be the regulator .

Rules are rules and a hunting club ain’t a democracy.

I’ve found that stiff fines for fuggin up and clearly stated in the rules sheet brings folks to heel pretty quick.
© 24hourcampfire