Home
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...tm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social

Modern science is playing catch-up. Weston A Price has been saying this for 9 decades.
Darwinism at work
So what is the best probiotic/supplement to take?
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

Sounds like an excellent, if somewhat volatile, lunch.
Originally Posted by longarm
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

I've never tried them all at once! crazy eek
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

i like all that stuff, but not all at once.
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

A campfire challenge?
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

Roll that all into a Chili as long as you don't add beans.
There are excellent podcasts from the WAP foundation on what to eat. I highly recommend them.

Personally, my wife and I make sauerkraut and love it. During miking season we make yogurt. She always has fresh sourdough. We also make sour zucchini.

Some of the other adjustments I've made are to increase my salt intake (not iodized), eat more raw animal product in general, and eat more organic meat.
Originally Posted by horse1
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

And a beer!
Originally Posted by DavePrice
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

And a beer!

Pretzels too.............Big soft ones, Pretzel rods, whatever.
Originally Posted by DavePrice
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

And a beer!

Plus pickled eggs and sausage.
For that added kick.
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

A campfire challenge?

I grow horseradish too, can I add some of that...

let's not forget the chiles I grow too.

and some of your wonderful garlic?

Run it through the blender and make a smoothie.

We can test it on Stxhunter, although that might not be a true test. I think he's survive about most anything.
Originally Posted by Fiddy
There are excellent podcasts from the WAP foundation on what to eat. eat more organic meat.

You must listen to Cardi B.
There are excellent podcasts from the WAP foundation on what to eat. eat more organic meat.

What does Cardi B have to do with WAP and eating organic meat???
Cardi B's WAP,

Well, I don't want to think of it.

Boiled, but rare sliced liver in a fish sauce. sick

lol...you ain’t hip
Duh
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

Two of those 1 and 3 give me the instant screamin shîts.

The second one 2 fixes the upheaval that the first two cause. Or shall we say downheaval

4 is good with local honey
Originally Posted by Certifiable

lol...you ain’t hip

Some wet ass poosay dawg

Her meat is ultra processed though, nothing organic there anymore.
Originally Posted by High_Noon

Dr. Song's Cholesterol Busting -Colon Scraping Power Muffins

http://www.docpages.com/weight/muffins.htm
You really can't overcome a poor diet with pills, even probiotic pills.

lol...you ain’t hip

NP
Originally Posted by slumlord

lol...you ain’t hip

Some wet ass poosay dawg

Her meat is ultra processed though, nothing organic there anymore.

😉 nailed it
The majority of your diet will facilitate the production of beneficial microorganisms.
If you eat a bunch of wheat and sugar, you'll end up with a major Candida overgrowth. This will cause further sugar and bread cravings. Next will be serious inflammation in various organs.

Eat veggies and inoculate with old fashioned vegetables pickled the old fashioned way, before we depended on refrigeration, then eat some with meals from time to time. You will get a boost in energy, B vitamin production, and all kinds of benefits too numerous to describe here.
Pickled bologna is good stuff

Covers all the bases it seems.

With a beet egg,

from the big jar on the back bar.

with a Bud on tap.

That sounds good. I've tried the pigs feet and viennas. Will try that too with vinegar sometime.
Here's a video on how to do it yourself. Its not for meat, just veggies. He starts into the usable info at 7:00.

Had an old womern bout 93 yrs old. Part of my duties as a deacon was go check on her once a week or more if needed. She was always wanting a couple of squirrels or catfish. pretty demanding.

Anyway, I carried her some fresh cut okra over there.

First thing in the door, she has a spoon ready to shove on my mouth “here, I want youns to try my vinegar beans”

*gag*

Had to chew em up and like em.

I dont think she was pickling them, just some other way of ruining fresh picked green beans. I dont know.
Gross
Oh boy. Nothing like granny fixing lunch after the taste buds are gone.
Sauerkraut?

Yogurt?

Kimchee?

Sourdough?

Your a$$hole my blow a flame or worse backfire...
Reading this thread is making my crohn's have a flare up....lol
Had an old womern bout 93 yrs old. Part of my duties as a deacon was go check on her once a week or more if needed. She was always wanting a couple of squirrels or catfish. pretty demanding.

Anyway, I carried her some fresh cut okra over there.

First thing in the door, she has a spoon ready to shove on my mouth “here, I want youns to try my vinegar beans”

*gag*

Had to chew em up and like em.

I dont think she was pickling them, just some other way of ruining fresh picked green beans. I dont know.
Gross

The poor folks without pressure canners would add some vinegar to them so the botchulizim wouldn't get you using a water bath canner.
I'd as soon go without.
Halfway into this fambly size cheeto bag, my gut health will be speaking to me soon.
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
The majority of your diet will facilitate the production of beneficial microorganisms.
If you eat a bunch of wheat and sugar, you'll end up with a major Candida overgrowth. This will cause further sugar and bread cravings. Next will be serious inflammation in various organs.

Eat veggies and inoculate with old fashioned vegetables pickled the old fashioned way, before we depended on refrigeration, then eat some with meals from time to time. You will get a boost in energy, B vitamin production, and all kinds of benefits too numerous to describe here.

I’ve studied a lot on gut health and healthy eating patterns , can’t get much better than the advice given above. I will add some intermittent fasting to give your digestive tract a rest and you need not look much further for a plan to develop a healthy gut.

MM
Originally Posted by Tyrone
You really can't overcome a poor diet with pills, even probiotic pills.

But, with a decent diet, they seem to help further for me.

I started taking them about 18 months ago after I came home from three weeks in Karachi with a bad stomach flu that lasted the last week and a half I was there. U.S. doc gave me antibiotics, but told me to take probiotics while taking them. I continued to take them for a while and noticed an overall improvement in everything about my digestive system. I eat fairly healthily.
Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

I’ve studied a lot on gut health and healthy eating patterns , can’t get much better than the advice given above. I will add some intermittent fasting to give your digestive tract a rest and you need not look much further for a plan to develop a healthy gut.

MM

Agreed. That boosts the energy too .
Some will overdo the fermented veggies, but it seems to work for most . I started a few years ago and like the results through the winter when the garden is dormant.
What you study is worth more than Mylan pharmaceutical company makes. Money and good insurance can't buy good health.

Glad to see someone else here who is into nutrition.

Is there anything pickled the old fashioned way that you can buy in the grocery store?

Phillips Colon Health is a good probiotic. Also lots of yogurt. Find one that you like and eat some regularly.

kwg
But aren't most yogurts either: (A) disgusting; or (B) have lots of sugar, which defeats the purpose? I wouldn't eat any with the substitute sweeteners, which mostly are poison, especially Aspartame.
Greek yogurt is disgusting.

I will only eat the strawberry go gurt, sponge bob after three days of unrelenting diarrhea.
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
But aren't most yogurts either: (A) disgusting; or (B) have lots of sugar, which defeats the purpose? I wouldn't eat any with the substitute sweeteners, which mostly are poison, especially Aspartame.

Or (c) pasteurized which kills the beneficial bacteria.

Gotta make your own from raw milk, or buy from someone who does same
Originally Posted by Triggernosis

Is there anything pickled the old fashioned way that you can buy in the grocery store?

I don't know of any except for the Korean Kimchi.
I've seen it in the refrigerator of the health food section at a couple of big supermarkets. The cold prevents it from "working". Even then, when you get it home, cover it with a dish towel as you unscrew the lid because it will release the gas and make a small mess.
This can be the quick starter for your own vegetables.
There are other ways that work well too.
I've used whey from yogart, kefirs, and also the atmosphere in your house can often work, ( funny enough.) The key is procedure, like adding enough salt and covering it completely with that brine. Watch the youtube videos to get ideas.
The finished product shouldn't smell like compost.
It will acidify and get progressively vinegary from the lactic acid.
© 24hourcampfire