Home
Posted By: shaman I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
The test results are not back yet, but there is every indication I was exposed to the Chyna Fru earlier this week. A co-worker is down with it. The plant manager told me to stay home until I can pull a negative test. I am currently running a fever.

Expect no comms from the shamanic reloading cave for an indefinite time. I'll let you know when I get on the back side of this.

God bless Donald J. Trump. God bless the Republic.
Confusion to our Enemies
Press on regardless.
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
You'll be fine, stay away from the Hospital and you will survive it.
Posted By: WAM Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
^^^^^^ Exactly.....
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
I hope you are one of those who shakes it off easily.
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
You have to quarantine from the inter webs also?

Good luck. Take care.
Posted By: flintlocke Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
I've been following the tales of Covid on the fire since the git-go. Seems the general consensus for a good outcome is...pears? Who doesn't like pears?
Posted By: rickt300 Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Hope it doesn't make you miserable and you get over it quick.
Posted By: rainshot Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Take care of yourself and if you need to go to the hospital by all means go. The disease can be bad in some people. Survival rate is 99%+ but it can hit some people hard. Had a friend and his wife that got it and they both ended up in the hospital for a couple of weeks. Good Luck.
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
May you recover quickly.
Go check out the Wentworth report.
There is a video from December with Patrick Byrne while he was in your position..
It gets a bit disjointed after an hour or so. But it provides an interesting rabbit hole.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Put a mask on your mouse and stay six feet from your monitor. It's for everybody's protection, you know.

(Get better soon, friend.)
Posted By: Squidge Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Get well soon Shaman.
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Nothing to it for most. Whole family had it. The girls reported loss of taste. Me and the boy just had sniffles.
Posted By: RogueHunter Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21

Whole family had it - lasted about 3 weeks. Major issues were tiredness, and lack of smell and taste. Good way to loose a quick 10 lbs.
Good luck.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
If you are an unlucky victim and get upper respiratory issues do not take that lightly. If you start having signs of upper respiratory issues, go to Walmart or Walgreens and buy an O2 sensor for 25.00 and monitor your oxygen blood levels. If it gets down to the low 90s or below then go directly to the ER. Otherwise ride it out.

Edit: send someone to the store, you stay home.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
I hope you feel well soon, Good Luck.

Nice knowing ya, your chances are only 99% or so......
Scoresby is rumored to make it far worse. whistle

Eat some Vitamin D, & get better fast. & Don't go infecting KYHillChick!

PM for soup, should some be required.

FC
Posted By: OldmanoftheSea Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Hydroxychloroquininone...
Posted By: KenMi Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
There was a bunch of it here over the holidays. Our whole family, plus a bunch of friends and relatives. All had similar symptoms. Some tested positive, some didn't, some never got tested.
The variant here seemed to be much faster and easier spreading (2 days from exposure), but much milder symptoms than back in the spring. Nobody got respiratory issues beyond the normal cold/flu symptoms. Several lost taste and smell for a while. Fatigue, fever, chills, horrible muscle aches/pain were the worst part for me. Those were worst at about 6-7 days in then it subsided. Had to take Advil about 3 days for the pain, and mega dosed on vitamins C, D3 and zinc.
Whatever it was, it sure was better than getting the chemical cocktail vaccine that will prove to be worthless and harmful.
Posted By: slumlord Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
It will be months before you pull a negative test. Everyone knows that.

Anyway, hope you get well soon Shaman.
Posted By: bruinruin Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
I hope you're over it quickly and with little suffering.

It hit my young fishing buddy pretty hard. He's 28. No hospitalization, but he was down for nearly 2 weeks. Body aches, breathing (he has asthma) and headaches were his worst symptoms.

Damned near went to get tested myself yesterday, but I delayed. Good thing, because it turned out to be a typical cold.

Vitamins, supplements and plenty of rest. Watch for danger signs and keep us informed. Best to you and your clan.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
From what a doc said Ivermectin is your huckleberry. Just need a doc willing to try it.
Posted By: JeffP Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Scotch and a cigar, shake it off....

Good luck shaman
Posted By: Fubarski Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
You have to quarantine from the inter webs also?

Good luck. Take care.

He can't take that chance.

Other 'fire members might not have antivirus.
Posted By: Sycamore Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
If you are an unlucky victim and get upper respiratory issues do not take that lightly. If you start having signs of upper respiratory issues, go to Walmart or Walgreens and buy an O2 sensor for 25.00 and monitor your oxygen blood levels. If it gets down to the low 90s or below then go directly to the ER. Otherwise ride it out.

Edit: send someone to the store, you stay home.

box usually says "pulse-oximeter" or something like that

slips on the end of you finger and gives you a reading in 10-15 secs
Posted By: splattermatic Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
I popped hot back on the 6th, then the 7th again.
I've had body ache, very slight fever, and short term loss if smell. Taste was subdued.
Last Monday I had an experimental iv antibody infusion. Not sure it did anything, but to stay out the hospital, I'll tried it.
I come off quarantine tomorrow.
I didn't do bad, considering my age, and I am a type 2 diabetic.
Good luck.
Take vitamins C, D3, and Zink.
Monitor your vitals. Get the o2 tester mentioned above. Below 90, head to the hospital.
Lots of fluids.
You got this !!!
Posted By: oldtrapper Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Godspeed. EARLY treatment. Regeneron - it's out there.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Do the mustard dance.
Posted By: gunzo Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Good luck with it all Shaman.

And yeah, if ya test pos, you likely will for a while. Wife has been + since Dec 18. Her Dr. wouldn't release her to return to work. Finally got the health department involved & she got released. The said they release most every one after 14 days unless strong symptoms still exist.
Posted By: g5m Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Best wishes with this stuff.
Get well soon.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by shaman
The test results are not back yet, but there is every indication I was exposed to the Chyna Fru earlier this week. A co-worker is down with it. The plant manager told me to stay home until I can pull a negative test. I am currently running a fever.

Expect no comms from the shamanic reloading cave for an indefinite time. I'll let you know when I get on the back side of this.

Confusion to our Enemies
Press on regardless.
Prayers sent. Sorry to hear of it.
Originally Posted by gunzo
Good luck with it all Shaman.

And yeah, if ya test pos, you likely will for a while. Wife has been + since Dec 18. Her Dr. wouldn't release her to return to work. Finally got the health department involved & she got released. The said they release most every one after 14 days unless strong symptoms still exist.

This ^^^^

My wife is “that person” that helps people with those letters.

She talks to dumb groids daily that are getting retested 7,8,9 times because Popeye’s Chicken, the post office, etc is their place of employment and their supervisor is also a dumbass groid.

Some govt employee groids are milking extended paid time off due to repeated +pos tests. Some places have a deal where you roll into UNemployment instead of burning sick time or of they have no benefit.

Ahhhh, no. Get back to work groid
Posted By: Dutch Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
I've been fighting something for about a week now, worst symptom is headaches and completely plugged up sinuses. My eyeballs hurt. But I'm generally just not good for much of anything. Whatever it is, I've never been sick for this long since I had pneumonia as an 11 year old. Fluids, vit. C, D3, zinc, rest, naproxen sodium.

This, too, shall pass.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Good luck with it, hopefully it won't be a big deal.
Hopefully pulse oximeters are back in stock.

I started researching all of this in March and even then, there were already enough smartie pants onto it that they were difficult to acquire one at a walgreens. Had to really dig on amazon and they were back ordered then. Took me a month to get one.
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Exposure or contracting the ‘rona, statically speaking, means little. Deaths though, do count. In my county, the death rate has skyrocketed from .0004 to an astounding .0005 of the total population of 250,000 or so.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
good luck Shaman,

I'm with Conrad, mustard dance, rain dance, heck even a chicken dance can't hurt much if you're still up to dancin' that is.
Posted By: Daveinjax Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
From what a doc said Ivermectin is your huckleberry. Just need a doc willing to try it.

I took some Ivermectin and it knocked it out in about 12 hours. I just went to my friends horse barn and ate the appropriate amount of Ivermectin paste. Since I had absolutely no sense of taste or smell what it taste like didn’t matter. Wish I hadn’t let myself suffer five days and took it on the first day of symptoms. I’m getting some taste back but smell is still gone. Since much of what you taste is actually smell everything tastes very plain and flat.
I think when that time comes

I’m going to squeeze the horse cream in between two oreos.
Posted By: GeoW Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Get well soon Shaman!
Posted By: deflave Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21

Confusion to our Enemies
Press on regardless.

Unless you're being paid to stay home, that was a really stupid move.
Posted By: fgold767 Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Get well soon Shaman
Posted By: Fubarski Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Was in a bar on Thurs.

Lotsa people, few masks.

Bar put on it fbook page somebody there on Thurs "tested +" for Bolo-19.

Woot.
Posted By: ihookem Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
My wife got a fever a month ago . She is a healthcare worker and they make her test for fever . She was 101. They made her take the test and came back positive. She was sick, but it was not that bad. It was much like bronchidus . think I got it but would never get a test. If they decide it has lasting effects, your health ins. will surely go up. I would never get tested . Ever!!
Posted By: erikj Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Good luck shaman.

Interesting...

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/nat...tin-covid-wonder-drug-if-you-take-it-you
Ol Jaguartx talked me into the ivemectrin back in March/April

He’s a visionary.
Yall know that’s really Eyeball? laugh
Posted By: BigDave39355 Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Originally Posted by slumlord

He’s a visionary.

He send you a link? 🤣😂🤣🇺🇸
Posted By: Scotty Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Shaman get well soon.
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Originally Posted by slumlord

He’s a visionary.

He send you a link? 🤣😂🤣🇺🇸

Nawww

We talk on the cell phone, nicca

Jag is a f-bomb machine. Embarrassed me, had to take him off speaker. Cant bathe the walls of my home with such language.

😃
Posted By: Full3r Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/16/21
Me n wife popped positive Wednesday. Stuck at home now. Feels like a hangover. Low fever and 2 days headache. Woke up today feeling great. Wish ya the best
Posted By: gunzo Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Weird headache for first 3 days, sinus & congestion. The hangover feeling for 4-5 days might have been real for one of them. After that, no more drinking desired.

The low grade fever coming & going. Wrap up in a blanket for an hour or 2, remove clothing later.

The lethargy was interesting. Your standing there, & do you just lie down in the floor or force yourself to walk 3 feet to the chair? Walk down the hall to the bathroom & on the way back you pass the bed. That's your spot for an hour or 2.

But, it didn't last as long as other crap I've had & wife got better sooner. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
Posted By: worriedman Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Best of luck!

Wife had it, 65, she has been on anti-rejection drugs for 15 years due to her kidney transplant. She was really sick in January last year, did a week in Vandy, they said she had Type H1N1 and Type B Flu, or more correctly she showed antibodies for both. I think she had the RONA, had some chills in November and got tested again, showed positive, never got over 99 and Vandy sent her home that day. I slept in the bed with her every night, never checked up.
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter

I took some Ivermectin and it knocked it out in about 12 hours. I just went to my friends horse barn and ate the appropriate amount of Ivermectin paste. Since I had absolutely no sense of taste or smell what it taste like didn’t matter. Wish I hadn’t let myself suffer five days and took it on the first day of symptoms. I’m getting some taste back but smell is still gone. Since much of what you taste is actually smell everything tastes very plain and flat.

And got wormed at the same time, right? That's awesome. Stuff smells like apples, but my dogs don't like it either.

They sell ivermectin for people at the drug store, btw. Labeled for scabies.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Get used to the world smelling like onions cooked in cat piss.
Posted By: Happy_Camper Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Praying for you bud .

You probably already know this but If I can add to what others have...if you want to keep your immune system in good shape, remember to avoid all sugars, caffeine and get plenty of sleep each night.
Avoid dairy since it thickens mucus and production. You want to keep that out of the lungs as much as possible. Lots of water thins it and is the only good beverage besides herbal teas when you are sick.

If you go with the supplements recommended above, I would take the D3 with some fat/oil in your food.

Never take zinc on an empty stomach. It might get upset if you do. However, there's times that I have taken small doses more frequently with plenty of water. I crumbled /crushed the tablet. No problems. YMMV

Vitamin C is covered along with the authors discussion from 26 minutes on. The rest is interesting but I have no experience with the treatments mentioned.

https://www.brighteon.com/24ef0bc0-89b7-4a61-8238-50768eea977a

Dr. Joe Mercola is a well renowned MD who has a recommendation that might be worth watching.

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2020/04/09/hydrogen-peroxide-therapy.aspx

Take care.
Posted By: shaman Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Well, the good news is that the cough seems to have abated. I haven't needed the cough syrup since sundown last night. I'm still having fever and chills, but it is better than it was. That OTC cough suppressant was almost as bad as the disease-- I can't imagine why anyone would do this stuff recreationally (The Purple Drank)

Thanks all for your kind wishes.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Hope you get well soon.

I was hoping you got some good meds rather than mice tongues and owl foot stew.
Posted By: dieselfitter Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Been there. No symptoms other than loss of smell and taste for one month
Posted By: Jackson_Handy Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Well, the good news is that the cough seems to have abated. I haven't needed the cough syrup since sundown last night. I'm still having fever and chills, but it is better than it was. That OTC cough suppressant was almost as bad as the disease-- I can't imagine why anyone would do this stuff recreationally (The Purple Drank)

Duh you mix it in mountain dew.....robotrippin....
Posted By: BobMt Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21

I might have missed it...did you get the test results back?.......bob
Posted By: 280shooter Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Get used to the world smelling like onions cooked in cat piss.

That part sucked. The fresher the air, the worse it seemed to be.
Posted By: shaman Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Originally Posted by gunzo
Weird headache for first 3 days, sinus & congestion. The hangover feeling for 4-5 days might have been real for one of them. After that, no more drinking desired.

The low grade fever coming & going. Wrap up in a blanket for an hour or 2, remove clothing later.

The lethargy was interesting. Your standing there, & do you just lie down in the floor or force yourself to walk 3 feet to the chair? Walk down the hall to the bathroom & on the way back you pass the bed. That's your spot for an hour or 2.

But, it didn't last as long as other crap I've had & wife got better sooner. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

This just hit-- took me a half hour to take a piss. I decided to come in here and sit down to rest up before going back to the Family room.
Posted By: ltppowell Re: I got the Chyna Fru - 01/17/21
Do you have the headache that feels like you snorted Coca Cola?
© 24hourcampfire