Home
Posted By: JustLucky Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
Had some at a local hunting store. It was $56/box of 20.
I am glad they didn’t have 30/30 because I could not have paid that much. $2.80 per round.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
Was it some Barnes topped or Accubond premium or trophy grade ammo?

Or just bubba type chit?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
That would qualify as scalping for sure if it was "just bubba type chit"
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by JustLucky
Had some at a local hunting store. It was $56/box of 20.
I am glad they didn’t have 30/30 because I could not have paid that much. $2.80 per round.

When you get caught without and the price is high you just gotta ask yourself if you REALLY wanna get caught without or if you just want to pay the freight. Been there. Glad I'm stocked up.

If I get into a prolonged firefight with outlaw zombie bikers or chinese commies all hopped up on fentanyl I might run out of 38-40 though.
Posted By: hookeye Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
The premium boolit stuff can be found off and on, but the Corelokts are sold out everywhere.

Ive had good accuracy w a few rifles running the Bubba stuff. Haven't tried em in my Steyr PH yet.
It likes the WW cheap 150s well enough (also cannot find these days).

Nothing wrong with bubba

Mean no disrespect

I can put 5 Thunderbolts on a quarter at 50yards.

Not sure about all the snobbery on that ammo. 😃
I racked up that Blue Box Bubba Federal

Walmart, clearance 11.99 for 243,308, or Bubba chamberings

Then a $5 per box rebate

Yee doggies!!!

I needed tires for my truck that day and said “self, you can get tires any day”

I went grabbed one of them walmart walnut weatherbys in 243 just because of all that 243.

I have no idea how it shoots. The rifle and blue box lost on the black hole of that spare bedroom. 👍
Posted By: Morewood Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
That Bubba ammo kills deer.

signed,
Bubba
That sounds pretty danged sweet. The last Weatherby I bought has a fiberglass stock. Would rather have had the walnut stocked one I saw at Scheel's but sure didn't want to put up with the 300 level recoil (mine's the 257 pussy recoil version).
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I have a 30-06 that does just fine with cheap as Privi Partizan stuff. But, I can never find anything to shoot with it. And yes, this rifle suffers from clean barrel syndrome..............or I shake a lot (alot?) on the first shot.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Sure enough

It’s even much purtier too than my reloads

Machine gun spent Lake City 308 cases and el cheapo Hornady 150 gr spires with mouse pee corrosion.

Minute of shoulder at 75 yards

Buy an extra freezer Bubba!!! 👍

A lot
Originally Posted by slumlord
A lot

Sister Mary Elephant drill that in to you?
My m96 swede like those Privis 156 roundies

They looked like Special Ed ammo but Bubbette the her doe sisters never mocked them.
Originally Posted by Valsdad
A lot

I have that somewhere. Seen Tommy live in Nashville at a club.
A lot

I have that somewhere. Seen Tommy live in Nashville at a club.

"into"

you can catch alot, but not in to?

ur slipn bruh

And my ful mil spec Swede shoots them Remington boolits just fine too.

I think they'd shoot about anything good enough to kill deer.
I had my barrel shortened on my m96

Need to do a complete work up. New loads, maybe even different powder. I had “alot” cut off of it. 😐

Might have been a misunderstanding between be and my gunwizard.

Need to do a complete work up. New loads, maybe even different powder. I had “alot” cut off of it. 😐

Bwahahahahaha!

Alot!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
Class, CLAsss, CLASSSS, SHUT UP!
Posted By: hanco Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
I have fired a factory round in 40 years except 22’s. I’m good on components for a while, could use some Barnes 338, 160 gr TTSX
Posted By: IndyCA35 Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
I don't understand why anyone would shoot factory ammo anyway. Reload.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

The only "factory" ammo I shoot is mil-surplus, shotgun, and 22. The only factory centerfire rifle ammo I've shot in years was a box of Hornady 6.5 Creedmoor, and that was just to use as a check to see how accurate my reloads were...........and they were more accurate than the factory.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21

Bwahahahahaha!

Alot!

Biggest fugging hack job I ever seen ....
And fugging corrected.
Aint the 1st time I corrected a " smithy,s work"

Amazing what is passed off as professional work.

Not just around here .
But over the entire country.

Posted By: JoeBob Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
If everyone would up their prices similarly, the shortages and panic would be over much sooner.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21

Then a $5 per box rebate

Yee doggies!!!

I went grabbed one of them walmart walnut weatherbys in 243 just because of all that 243.

I have no idea how it shoots. The rifle and blue box lost on the black hole of that spare bedroom. 👍

Those Federal Blue Box .30-06 150's shoot great out of my '56 Win FWT.

The one Super Walmart around here that did have ammo now suddenly has nothing in the case when I stopped in to buy a couple ammo cans end of last week.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
I'd just be happy with some 30-06 brass. I guess I need to take some ammo back and "unload it".
Posted By: chesterwy Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21

Then a $5 per box rebate

Yee doggies!!!

I did the same. Sitting on a mountain of $5 blue box ammo to feed my $250 Weatherby.
Posted By: MAC Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21

I reload for everything I shoot except my 6.5x55. I cannot get a handload to beat the accuracy I get out of the factory 131 gr load from Seller & Bellot. Doesn't matter how much I tried, it just likes that round. So I waited until Natchez had a sale on it and grabbed a bunch of it at $9.99 a box. Got enough to last quite a while and the brass is reloadable so if I get to the point I can't get any more of it, I can simply load for it since I already have dies.
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/18/21
It's been at least ten years since I shot a round of factory ammo. That was when I found a good deal on a Winchester XTR in .270. I bought a couple of boxes of Winchester 150 gr. ammo and took the rifle that ammo and a box of my normal .270 reloads. Rifle turned out to be a real sleeper regarding accuracy. The worst group it did that day was .80" and that's probably because the barrel was quite hot. That rifle is definitely a keeper.
Paul B.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/19/21
I have a bit different philosophy regarding hand loads and factory ammo.

Most of what I shoot is my hand loads. But, I buy Remington factory ammo as close to the bullet type and weight I want to load. I sight in with that, then I tweek my own loads to shoot the same.

It's nice to be able to run into Grunt N Fart's Gas & Go in Rabbit Hash Wyoming and find a box of 30-06 180gr CoreLokt PSP, because I left the ammo bag back home on the coffee table. My 3-digit 1936 Win Mdl 70 '06 always comes along just in case when I take off big game hunting.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by hanco
I have fired a factory round in 40 years except 22’s. I’m good on components for a while, could use some Barnes 338, 160 gr TTSX

Well crap, I wish I had seen that post earlier. I went to the big town today, Sportsman's was about out of everything, but there was some Barnes bullets in larger calibers, and some Weatherby 30-378 loaded ammo along with some .50BMG stuff too. I'd have looked for some for you there.
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/19/21
Isn't it slightly rude to talk about 30-06 ammo... on MLK day?
Posted By: CashisKing Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/19/21
You guys will be talking about Remington 760 is here shortly won't you?
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Remington 30.06 ammo - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by MAC

I reload for everything I shoot except my 6.5x55. I cannot get a handload to beat the accuracy I get out of the factory 131 gr load from Seller & Bellot. Doesn't matter how much I tried, it just likes that round. So I waited until Natchez had a sale on it and grabbed a bunch of it at $9.99 a box. Got enough to last quite a while and the brass is reloadable so if I get to the point I can't get any more of it, I can simply load for it since I already have dies.

Years back Midway had a sale on some RWS 6.5x55 closeout stuff. I grabbed a few boxes of each type. They were going for $18-$20 or so a box, cheap for that stuff. I have an extra barrel in 6.5 for that '06 rifle I have and it really likes that Dopplecore bullet of theirs, really likes it. When I went back online a couple days later there was no more left. Shoots so good, like you say, why reload?

Of course, I can't use it for hunting here in Kommiefornistan, so it sits in the ammo box. Should work during the revolt if needed, I'll swap barrels out when I run out of '06 ammo.
© 24hourcampfire