Home
Posted By: Spanokopitas The Biden Markets - 01/19/21

Now that we know Biden will be the next President here are a few comments on the stock market:

The Stock market likes the low interest rates and the probability that the Democrats will continue to print money and dump it from the skies. Our company has so far received over 200k in tax free money and there is likely more to come. This money must be used for payroll and "related expenses".

Also, contrary to what the MSM would have you believe there are millions of people who are not "one paycheck from debtor's prison". There are many million mid to upper level executive and professional workers who are working from home and banking the big bucks that are saved by not commuting and not spending because of the lockdowns. The personal savings rate is at an all time high. This means there is tremendous pent up demand that will break loose once the ChiCom virus is tamed. The Stock Market is forward looking.

That is why, even at these record levels, I am bullish on the markets. Airlines, resort stocks, and other leisure related stocks would be good plays. I don't usually buy individual stocks but recently I bought Boeing and took a flyer on Southwest Airlines. Disney might still be a good bet, also Alaska and Delta.
Posted By: EthanEdwards Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
With all due respect...please f u c k the hell off.
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

Hahaha!
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Might want to look hard at the entertainment, cruise line industry also.

I agree that there is much pent up spending laying around out there..
Posted By: KenMi Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Invest in China if wrinkly balls actually signs in before being signed out
Posted By: tndrbstr Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Some of you guys seem to think that things are gonna be allowed to return to the way they were.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

Now that we know Biden will be the next President here are a few comments on the stock market:

The Stock market likes the low interest rates and the probability that the Democrats will continue to print money and dump it from the skies. Our company has so far received over 200k in tax free money and there is likely more to come. This money must be used for payroll and "related expenses".

Also, contrary to what the MSM would have you believe there are millions of people who are not "one paycheck from debtor's prison". There are many million mid to upper level executive and professional workers who are working from home and banking the big bucks that are saved by not commuting and not spending because of the lockdowns. The personal savings rate is at an all time high. This means there is tremendous pent up demand that will break loose once the ChiCom virus is tamed. The Stock Market is forward looking.

That is why, even at these record levels, I am bullish on the markets. Airlines, resort stocks, and other leisure related stocks would be good plays. I don't usually buy individual stocks but recently I bought Boeing and took a flyer on Southwest Airlines. Disney might still be a good bet, also Alaska and Delta.

Tax free? Maybe for that company, but not for you.. or actual hard working folks.
Originally Posted by tndrbstr
Some of you guys seem to think that things are gonna be allowed to return to the way they were.

Not at all.
Posted By: Dixie_Dude Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
I will partly agree to that. My wife manages our retirement money. They are looking for a short boom from being cooped up during covid. However in a year or two after covid, with Democrats uncontrolled spending, Green New Deal, etc, will require higher taxes plus inflation will kick in thus causing a market crash. Also, if we stop drilling for oil and gas and end up becoming an importer again, then the dollar will loose much of its value in the market, and may not even be the dominant currency, another thus causing a market crash.

Globalists want the US to become just another country, not the dominant economy. There are three things that control the world; political, economic, and military dominance. Democrats will loose the political and economic dominance. Only our nukes will help keep the third dominance.

Trump had all three for a while. No one started a war, we dominated economically and militarily and because we no longer had to import oil, he obtained peace between several Arab countries and Israel, unheard of for the last 50 years. This will all blow open if we have to start importing oil again. Higher oil prices means higher gasoline, diesel, anything made of plastics, thus causing high inflation, and more wars to be involved in.

Democrats are nothing more than crooks along with some Republicans taking money in their back pockets from the highest bidders. Trump took no salary and was beholden to no one. I just wish he was a more polished speaker like Reagan and could have swayed many over from the so called middle. Mighty strange most long term politicians are mulit-millionaires on their salaries. Check out the net worth alongside the length in office of these politicians. Where did they get all that money? It wasn't with their 401-k's.
Posted By: logger Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
And wait for a whole slew of new regulations, especially on banks, financial markets, etc. That will begin to weigh on some stocks. The other thing supporting the stock market is the momentum built in through ways for new investors to participate - such as Robin Hood. It seems more like gambling than investing.
Posted By: jackmountain Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21

Recently? LOL. I bought MGM, SEAS, ALK,UAL,NCLH, DNKN, APHA,F, RWT, plus ET,XOM,MMP,SLB &HAL back in March.
Congratulations on missing out on a 300% profit and jumping in late in the game you fumbphucq
Posted By: 12344mag Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21

Now was that necessary? Being nice while telling someone to fuqk the hell off is over the top.................
Posted By: JakeBlues Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Not at all.

The train has officially left the station for Hell.
Originally Posted by logger
And wait for a whole slew of new regulations, especially on banks, financial markets, etc. That will begin to weigh on some stocks. The other thing supporting the stock market is the momentum built in through ways for new investors to participate - such as Robin Hood. It seems more like gambling than investing.

Originally Posted by logger

A market that’s based on QE and stimulus funds, and you just figured out it’s a gamble?
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

Not at all.

The train has officially left the station for Hell.

And the boxcars are full,,,,of white people.
With the new regs and probably higher capital gains taxes, the market will be a house of cards ready to crash.
Posted By: Sharpsman Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Seems lots of folks have never heard of HYPER-INFLATION!!

WE'RE AT LEAST DAMN NIGH FORTY F UCKING TRILLION $$$$$$$$ IN DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: TimberRunner Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
I've made a ridiculous amount of money off the fed printing money during covid.

I've sold off on those gains. I realize biden's gonna follow on trumps footsteps printing money but I'm worried about China saying we ain't gonna finance your ass anymore. See, that's the scary thing, China holds our financial future, not us.
Originally Posted by Sharpsman

WE'RE AT LEAST DAMN NIGH FORTY F UCKING TRILLION $$$$$$$$ IN DEBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would matter were not the whole world being in debt.
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I've sold off on those gains. I realize biden's gonna follow on trumps footsteps printing money but I'm worried about China saying we ain't gonna finance your ass anymore. See, that's the scary thing, China holds our financial future, not us.

China holds less than 10% of our debt.

It's complicated though. Kinda like mutually assured financial destruction. China needs our consumers. Our commie politicians need their financing to screw over the next 5 generations with debt to pay for instant gratification government crack and power.
Posted By: lundtroller Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Spanky,

No such thing as free... never has been, never will be. Everything comes at a cost... "closed system", ie. heat vs work, randomness vs increased organization. Not a matter of if, but when!!!

You, being mortal may not see it, but your descendants will!!! Money falling from the skies is really a cataclysmic storm front off in the distance viewed with the myopia of narcissism.
Originally Posted by lundtroller
Spanky,

No such thing as free... never has been, never will be. Everything comes at a cost... "closed system", ie. heat vs work, randomness vs increased organization. Not a matter of if, but when!!!

You, being mortal may not see it, but your descendants will!!! Money falling from the skies is really a cataclysmic storm front off in the distance viewed with the myopia of narcissism.

But until then,,,,,
Posted By: Clarkm Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
I remember the 1987 stock market crash. I never sold anything, and stocks were back to normal in a year. It was as if it never happened to me.

I think I can just hold AMZN, GOOG, APPN, and NFLX for two years until the next election..... despite the beating I have taken since Nov 3.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by lundtroller
Spanky,

I said, "Tax free" meaning the income represented by the PPP money is not taxed. If profitable the corporation still pays tax at yearend.

It would not sit well with shareholders if directors did not take advantage of Government programs that benefit the corporation.

I assume you take advantage of 401k accounts? And will cash your SS checks?
Posted By: BobMt Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21

alot of people dont get that......bob
Posted By: BobMt Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21

alot of people dont get that......bob

China holds less than 10% of our debt.

thats not the scary answer......bob
Posted By: AKA_Spook Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21

....to say nothing of our unfunded liability
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

....to say nothing of our unfunded liability

It’s just paper and there’s plenty more where that came from.
Posted By: MM879 Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
The M1 will go up until there is signs of inflation. Basic treasury function. We are in a time of deflation. The education system sort of skipped that chapter in Econ class.
Posted By: Cluggins Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Most municipalities were WAY down on tax receipts last year. With the new year, bills are coming due. Biden better build more money printing presses.
Originally Posted by Cluggins
Most municipalities were WAY down on tax receipts last year. With the new year, bills are coming due. Biden better build more money printing presses.

He already has.

1.9 trillion Stimulus pkg.
[Linked Image]

Over the last year, that is me in Red and that is the S&P500 in blue.

My biggest holding is AMZN and they sold a lot of stuff during the shutdown.

You are doing good to beat the S&P. Risk?

Most of my stock market assets are in S&P and Total Market index funds and I've been happy.

The Amazon play was brilliant, wish I had thought of it. But, once the ChiCom virus is tamed it might be time to take profits as people start going back to stores.

Amazon has been good for our business, our sales to them have been up quite a bit during the pandemic.
My little boy watched Bezos on Fox News Cavuto in 2001 and told me to buy AMZN. I only bought $2k worth at $10/ share. Now it is over $3,000/share.

Posted By: WeimsnKs Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21

The Amazon play was brilliant, wish I had thought of it. But, once the ChiCom virus is tamed it might be time to take profits as people start going back to stores.

People have come to expect to do all their shopping from the couch. Its not going to change now. Once they get everyone acclimated, they will start by charging a small convenience fee. Once it starts its never going backwards.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Also, contrary to what the MSM would have you believe there are millions of people who are not "one paycheck from debtor's prison".
Billions have been spend this last year on recreation. RV's, boats, shooting (not just hoarding), all kinds of outdoor gear. Store shelves are empty everywhere because of record sales, not just reduced supply from China. Somebody has extra money to buy all that stuff.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
now that i am retired, i g uess i can talk about it. 4 0 years in the finance world, registered stock broker since 1981
in all those years i met a lot of people that would tell me of their financial brillance.
dang few would admit to their blowups.
its always been that way.
with so many success stories always wondered why everyone wasnt retired to their own island somewhere.
Posted By: RoninPhx Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Originally Posted by Clarkm
I remember the 1987 stock market crash. I never sold anything, and stocks were back to normal in a year. It was as if it never happened to me.

I think I can just hold AMZN, GOOG, APPN, and NFLX for two years until the next election..... despite the beating I have taken since Nov 3.

i had a guy come in my office the monday following the start of it on friday. he borrowed about 50k on margin, and bought a bunch of stocks.
it was so screwed up couldnt tell what he paid for them till a week later. within a year he had doubled his money
he was no financial analyst, he used to own a bar.
but he knew human nature
Posted By: las Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21

Good luck with that.

National interest debt exceeds gross national income by 100.1%, putting us in company with the likes of Greece, et. all.

Them printing presses are gonna just smoke!
Posted By: Jim_Conrad Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Very bad.

The markets were being artificially kept high by the fed to make Trump look good.

Now...its okay that the markets are high because of Biden......
Posted By: Rick n Tenn Re: The Biden Markets - 01/19/21
Diesel fuel has gone up .50 cents a gallon in the last month in west Tennessee and Mississippi .

I'm not ashamed to admit I've had market losses. Every successful investor has.

So you’re a “successful” investor? How about businessman? Successful?
Posted By: Clarkm Re: The Biden Markets - 01/20/21
I used to argue about luck vs skill, but I gave it up.

I now think that persistence combined with learning from mistakes is the success formula.
Posted By: JGRaider Re: The Biden Markets - 01/20/21

It's the pathway to a one world currency. The debt will just be written off, the USD will not exist.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: The Biden Markets - 01/20/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Yes, very. ,www.paracay.com>
Posted By: BobBrown Re: The Biden Markets - 01/20/21
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Yes, very. ,www.paracay.com>

We know a good T-111 shack boy in Oregon if you need any help LOL
Posted By: Clarkm Re: The Biden Markets - 01/20/21
I am up 4.5% on Biden day one.....NFLX did the best.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: The Biden Markets - 01/20/21

Good on you.

Not everything was bad today. The Wife hung the flag upside down.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21

Good on you.

Not everything was bad today. The Wife hung the flag upside down.

As did I.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21
They don't need paper money, just dots flying through air.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21
I don't trust the markets. I dabbled a bit this spring and made some money but I'm thinking about moving everything into a self directed ira and just doing hard money loans or something. Tons of cash is being printed and now propping up all aspects of the market.

I'm sure the libs will continue the way Obama did by propping up the market and big business with freshly printed cash while small businesses languish under heavy taxes and regulations. I really don't want to be a part of these fascist big businesses after what they've done. I'd rather just go self directed at this point.

I'm almost totally out of debt, I have a few supplies on hand, I think I want to invest in a wood burning stove and start stacking cords of wood in the back yard. The American I knew that had a dream of building your own business is dead. The new American dream is building your own bunker.

Bb
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I don't trust the markets. I dabbled a bit this spring and made some money but I'm thinking about moving everything into a self directed ira and just doing hard money loans or something. Tons of cash is being printed and now propping up all aspects of the market.

I'm sure the libs will continue the way Obama did by propping up the market and big business with freshly printed cash while small businesses languish under heavy taxes and regulations. I really don't want to be a part of these fascist big businesses after what they've done. I'd rather just go self directed at this point.

I'm almost totally out of debt, I have a few supplies on hand, I think I want to invest in a wood burning stove and start stacking cords of wood in the back yard. The American I knew that had a dream of building your own business is dead. The new American dream is building your own bunker.

Bb

Your last sentence has a ring to it.
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21

I am well pleased that none on our side caused any disruption today.

It is time to lay low, accept that Biden is President (Thief in Chief?) and get on to deciding who will be the nominee in 2024. Right now Pence looks good. THIS IS NOT A PREDICTION and I am not supporting him at this time but may in the future.

It is much too soon to for me to have any certainty. When I do I will post the nominee.
Posted By: Clarkm Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21
Up 1.5% so far on day two.
Posted By: MuskegMan Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21

Made $22k yesterday, so I can't complain.
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21

The good old days are gone. obama is running the show again markets will reflect that quickly.
Posted By: Hammer2506 Re: The Biden Markets - 01/21/21
Spankmycockitas Gofuckyourself
Posted By: Spanokopitas Re: The Biden Markets - 01/23/21

Non responsive reply. Please only reply if you have some constructive to say about the topic. Out.
Posted By: JSTUART Re: The Biden Markets - 01/23/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

Now was that necessary? Being nice while telling someone to fuqk fuck the hell off is over the top.................

I disagree...I appreciate the effort required to be polite when replying to some clown that makes your teeth itch.

Not inclined to be nice myself but do recognise the effort when I see it.
© 24hourcampfire