Home
Posted By: Mach3 Compliance - 01/24/21
Is the only reason for wearing masks. They don't stop any virus.

If you believe they do, you're a fool.
Posted By: Old_Toot Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by Mach3

Tell that to all of the doctors and operating room attendants workers.

Get their opinions on masks.
Posted By: goalie Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
I can wear a mask (respirator) in my shop and safely weld galvanised metal despite toxic fumes, but you don't think there are masks that provide good protection from a droplet transmitted virus? How about airborne transmission?

šŸ˜‚
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

STFU
Posted By: viking Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Iā€™m a divergent, non compliant.
Posted By: toad Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Why do vaccinated people need to wear masks?
Covid survivors?
Compliance...
Posted By: boilerpig1 Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Actually, I did. A surgeon at a hospital I was working at said the masks were BS.

What now dr?
BP...
Posted By: rockinbbar Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

Ask a doctor if those masks stop a virus.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

And they will tell you they don't. They wear them around patients with open wounds or during surgery to prevent accidentally spitting on the open wound and causing infection.
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

And they will tell you they don't. They wear them around patients with open wounds or during surgery to prevent accidentally spitting on the open wound and causing infection. [/quote]

I remember when you wanted to argue about EKGs and heart rhythms.

šŸ˜‚
Posted By: TheLastLemming76 Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by boilerpig1

Actually, I did. A surgeon at a hospital I was working at said the masks were BS.

What now dr?
BP...

My wife is an RN the Doctors that she works with believe that the COVID-19 Virus is one of the most exaggerated and overhyped things that they have seen in there lifetimes. They absolutely do not believe that mask are going to stop the transmission of the virus especially in the real world and the way that people handle them. A whole lot of Drā€™s are not buying into the dangers of Covid or mask as the answer. The msm will not report that and big tech companies will delete any post stating such things for ā€œmisinformationā€ regardless of the qualifications of the person stating it.
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
The masks worn by doctors aren't the same as the ones worn by most of the public. Those plain cloth ones are a real joke, worn for no reason other than compliance.
I wear one in a few stores that enforce it but very few here do. Costco is the only big store here that does. I just don't get elbow to elbow with other customers. Social distancing.
Any "mask" that is dense enough to stop a virus, also won't let enough air through for you to live on.

About Jr. High, we learned a virus is so small it can pass through an unglazed China plate.

Trying to stop a virus with any face mask you can breathe through is like putting a screen door on a submarine.
Posted By: Stickfight Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
I always find it funny that the anti-mask crowd tries to depict wearers as sheep, or cucks, or compliant because they do what governments everywhere have mandated. All in, it seems less sheepish than letting random internet strangers without a day's medical training in their lives dictate your personal healthcare choices.
Any "mask" that is dense enough to stop a virus, also won't let enough air through for you to live on.

This is provably wrong. If it were true, how would NBC mask with a P3 filter get certified to EN 143?
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Social distancing.

Yeah, and 45 seconds after the last customer, you walk up, stick your credit card in the machine, and enter your PIN, and pick up any germs from the past 100 customers.

Or go to the gas pump and grab the handle, and make direct contact with the same.
Posted By: TrueGrit Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by goalie
I can wear a mask (respirator) in my shop and safely weld galvanised metal despite toxic fumes, but you don't think there are masks that provide good protection from a droplet transmitted virus? How about airborne transmission?

šŸ˜‚

A respirator is way different from a mask, especially a cloth mask. I have to use a respirator anytime I grind or paint because a mask doesn't offer the protection I need.
Wearing a mask is for pussies who do as they're told. Keep your hands away from your face and you'll be fine. At least it's working for our family, none of us have had the China flu yet.
Originally Posted by Stickfight

This is provably wrong. If it were true, how would NBC mask with a P3 filter get certified to EN 143?

Then go put one on, and go lick the toilet bowl at the truck stop bathroom.
Posted By: 12344mag Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-reported-wearing-masks-always-or-often/
Posted By: HuntnShoot Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
I always find it funny that the anti-mask crowd tries to depict wearers as sheep, or cucks, or compliant because they do what governments everywhere have mandated. All in, it seems less sheepish than letting random internet strangers without a day's medical training in their lives dictate your personal healthcare choices.

The only dictating here is going one way, and it isn't toward, "Decide for yourself what you think is best."
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Masks are a psychological measure! They don't do [bleep]! A virus can go through your eye and enter the lacrimal gland and your now infected. But keep wearing your masks to make you feel good.....oh and don't forget your vaccinešŸ™„
Posted By: MtnHiker Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Probably not perfect but stops some transmission. Just like a furnace filter or a shop vac filter.

I only occassionaly wear them so no big deal. If I had to wear one all daI would be pissed and worried that it deprives you of oxygen and causes carbon dioxide build up. Kinda like a new deisel EGR or an AR. Not good ro rebreathe your own exhaust.

Saw the new trend is the wear 2 masks... cloth over paper.

Buy now and we will double your order
Despite mask orders, shut downs, lock downs, social distancing, curfews, businesses shuttered, and everything else that limits your freedom.... And vaccines..

The virus is still a pandemic. It's not getting better.

Keep those in high risk categories isolated, and have everyone else take turns licking the flag pole on the courthouse lawn.

Herd immunity.

Bingo!

https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by 12344mag

From the link:

The CDC conducted the study, largely ignored by the media, in the U.S. in July and made its findings public in September. It compared 154 ā€œcase-patients,ā€ those who tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus disease), and a control group of 160 ā€œcontrol-participants,ā€ those who were symptomatic but tested negative.
Note the control group. They test negative but they have the symptoms. That looks to me like false negative test results. How do they have the symptoms without having the virus to cause them?

From the link:

The CDC conducted the study, largely ignored by the media, in the U.S. in July and made its findings public in September. It compared 154 ā€œcase-patients,ā€ those who tested positive for COVID-19 (coronavirus disease), and a control group of 160 ā€œcontrol-participants,ā€ those who were symptomatic but tested negative.
Note the control group. They test negative but they have the symptoms. That looks to me like false negative test results. How do they have the symptoms without having the virus to cause them?

So if the test doesn't work, giving false results, how do you know if ANYONE has it?
Posted By: Jim1611 Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
This mask debate is doing even more than the communist left ever dreamed. Look at the wedge it's driving between everyone. Most of what people feel right now is fear. The people that wear the mask and insist that everyone else does have been convinced this is the single most deadly thing modern man has yet faced. Those that want no part of it are fearful of freedom being lost. We have the right to our own health. The government doesn't have the right to tell us how to deal with that. We will soon see if biden takes it upon himself to mandate mask nation wide. He already has many places. Why should I trust my life and freedom to him and a party that has showed me countless times how much life is truly worth considering he and his kind promote abortion at every chance they get.

Now here's a doctor slam for those of you that worship them. If these rotten cowardly people would take a stand against abortion we might not have it on demand. After all they are, according to you so concerned about human life. Why not defend the most innocent among us? The blood of millions of the unborn is on their hands.
How do they have the symptoms without having the virus to cause them?

Brainwashing by the media and the govt.

While I am sure you have an alternate truck-stop-bathroom fantasy ready to go, this one doesn't work because it isn't physically possible to lick anything other than the inside of the mask while wearing something EN 143 certified.

Which you would know if you had any idea what you are talking about. But thank you for providing an example of why it isn't a good idea to take advice from ignorant people.
Believing anything the government tells you isn't necessarily the best thing to do for your health. Think for yourself folks, look up the China flu statistics between California and Florida. California has the most restrictions and Florida the least.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Data shows those areas that have masks mandates have 5% more cases than those without. That is weeks after the mask mandate went into effect. This coincides what I have observed in our area.
Posted By: Just a Hunter Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

The only people I know or know of who got the COVID were consistent mask wearers and that includes medical staff.
Posted By: JohnnyLoco Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

Thats funny, germs not the reason for those type of mask
Originally Posted by Jim1611
This mask debate is doing even more than the communist left ever dreamed. Look at the wedge it's driving between everyone. Most of what people feel right now is fear. The people that wear the mask and insist that everyone else does have been convinced this is the single most deadly thing modern man has yet faced. Those that want no part of it are fearful of freedom being lost. We have the right to our own health. The government doesn't have the right to tell us how to deal with that. We will soon see if biden takes it upon himself to mandate mask nation wide. He already has many places. Why should I trust my life and freedom to him and a party that has showed me countless times how much life is truly worth considering he and his kind promote abortion at every chance they get.

Now here's a doctor slam for those of you that worship them. If these rotten cowardly people would take a stand against abortion we might not have it on demand. After all they are, according to you so concerned about human life. Why not defend the most innocent among us? The blood of millions of the unborn is on their hands.

Without abortion we'd be in one he'll of a mess. 20 million more negros is just what we need as a country. Use common sense not your heart.

About Jr. High, we learned a virus is so small it can pass through an unglazed China plate.

Trying to stop a virus with any face mask you can breathe through is like putting a screen door on a submarine.

The virus needs to be on something you breathe out to move around. Hence droplet precautions working.

Again, how can I use VAPOR filters in my shop to weld galvanized if we don't have masks that stop droplet or airborne?

šŸ˜‚
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco

Thats funny, germs not the reason for those type of mask

And we're not wearing surgical masks for aerosolizing procedures.

PAPR or N95.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot

From the link:

So if the test doesn't work, giving false results, how do you know if ANYONE has it?

Hmmmm........Damn good question isn't it.
Posted By: BobMt Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

Without abortion we'd be in one he'll of a mess. 20 million more negros is just what we need as a country. Use common sense not your heart.

no sciht.....if god dosent want abortion to occur...he will do something about it. either now or later.......bob

The virus needs to be on something you breathe out to move around. Hence droplet precautions working.

Again, how can I use VAPOR filters in my shop to weld galvanized if we don't have masks that stop droplet or airborne?

šŸ˜‚

If you go into a store and grab a good to buy that half a dozen people touched before you, it doesn't matter how many masks you're wearing. If you go into a restaurant and sit at a table where a dozen people sat earlier that same day, it doesn't matter if you have a helmet with a respirator on. There is no way to prevent the spread of a virus in the globally conjoined world we live in today. All of these measures are bullshit. Every single one of them does literally nothing. That isn't what they are for. They are for exactly what they are doing: destroying small business, weakening the economy, putting people in a state of fear and distrust of their fellow man (seeing each other as "dirty"), getting people to submit to utterly tyrannical mandates against their own interests, and simply getting people to comply with nonsense policies. It's all about control. And it is working well. To the point that people discard reason in favor of fear.
[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

Where did you get that Toby?

While I am sure you have an alternate truck-stop-bathroom fantasy ready to go, this one doesn't work because it isn't physically possible to lick anything other than the inside of the mask while wearing something EN 143 certified.

Which you would know if you had any idea what you are talking about. But thank you for providing an example of why it isn't a good idea to take advice from ignorant people.

Speaking of ignorant people, you don't know the difference between a mask and a respirator... smile
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
This virus has split everyone into one of two
ideologically militant camps.

It seems few people are capable of sorting the information
and coming to a rational conclusion.

You have to start with recognizing that life isn't 100%.
Only death is. Eventually. Sometimes, dead is even hard
to nail down. Almost? Essentially?

So, yes masks are effective. They do reduce risk of infection.
Some more than others. Again, none are 100%

No, wearing one doesn't insure you won't spread it.
And even the best ones will not give you much protection.

I have access to N95's through work, along with respirators
that filter out chemical fumes. We have a microbiologist
working there. He tells me our respirators are no better than
makeshift cloth masks. That while they filter out fumes, viruses
are significantly smaller. And that N95's are only effective due
to the convoluted pathways through them. That while they are
large enough to pass viruses, they are so twisty that viruses get
stuck hitting the walls on the way through. Which means, you
are relying on chance.

Which is life.

Personally, I wear a mask into militant stores, usually.
And many others. The front is where people congregate.
Usually, I take it off then. Most places aren't crowded inside.
Then put it on to check out.

#1, Respect.
To the poor bastards that work there and are
forced to wear the dam things all day. (My wife is one of them
and it annoys her that people won't recognize this)

#2 I would rather not get into the fight with employees.
Customers IDGAF about. Although nobody,has said anything.
Except an old crone at Wal-Mart when I showed her my mask at the
door as I was going to put it on. She asked why it wasn't on.
It went right back in my pocket!
Posted By: greydog Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
The virus is pandemic today today because governments didn't have the balls to stop flights to their respective countries from China or, later on, from Italy or Iran.Later yet, they didn't have the balls to say, "If you fly in, you will quarantine in that handy dandy stockade you see here, for 15 days. You won't have to worry about that though because nobody will be flying."
Even now, with the certain knowledge that the virus travels just fine on a plane, people are allowed to travel into various countries as long as they do so by air. That's right; they can gather together in airports, stand in line ups, get crammed into a flying incubator, and we'll welcome them with open arms. They cannot, however, travel in a car, isolated from their fellow travellers. Honest to God, when I turn on the TV, I could easily be convinced people had agreed on a lobotomy as a way to control the spread. The sad thing is, in this particular instance, TV is truly reflective of society in general.
In a nearby village, there are two women who, for years, have walked around the block together while talking about whatever inanities old women might talk about. They still walk around the block but now, in the name of social distancing, they walk on opposite side of the road. Now, there is very little possibility that either of these old cluckers has the virus. If they did, we would know because they would likely kick the bucket. Nonetheless, they no longer walk side by side because they've been led to believe that maintaining some distance will keep them safe.
I hasten to add; if you maintain distance from people you don't know, it makes sense. Most people aren't that likable anyway. Wearing a mask is something you can do to provide yourself and others with a false sense of security when you are too dumb to stay apart; like when you fly on a plane or march in a riot. They also help to protect your identity when you burn down the local Toys R Us because Barbie dolls objectify women. GD
Originally Posted by Whelenman

Where did you get that Toby?

I got one on the way for ya Boss.

Speaking of ignorant people, you don't know the difference between a mask and a respirator... smile

Sure I do. There are plenty of EN 143 compliant masks, as well as masks that comply with other standards that require filtration of virus sized particles. I've worn several different ones out to stores since this all kicked off, as a LARP and because I can.

Here is a handy guide for you: If you think there is anything on this planet that you know that I don't know, think again.
Here is a handy guide for you: If you think there is anything on this planet that you know that I don't know, think again.

Well, you ought to be a multi billionaire then. Right?
Well, you ought to be a multi billionaire then. Right?

It is likely that our principles and objectives differ significantly.
Posted By: 280shooter Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Particle size, filter media hole size, bypass. It really is that simple. Even HEPA filtration is not 100% first pass capture. There are filtration test reports available. Really no need to guess.
Posted By: aalf Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

If we could just flatten the curve......

šŸ˜‚

If you go into a store and grab a good to buy that half a dozen people touched before you, it doesn't matter how many masks you're wearing. If you go into a restaurant and sit at a table where a dozen people sat earlier that same day, it doesn't matter if you have a helmet with a respirator on. There is no way to prevent the spread of a virus in the globally conjoined world we live in today. All of these measures are bullshit. Every single one of them does literally nothing. That isn't what they are for. They are for exactly what they are doing: destroying small business, weakening the economy, putting people in a state of fear and distrust of their fellow man (seeing each other as "dirty"), getting people to submit to utterly tyrannical mandates against their own interests, and simply getting people to comply with nonsense policies. It's all about control. And it is working well. To the point that people discard reason in favor of fear.

I don't think stuff should have closed, other than situationally hospitals to elective procedures dependent on ICU bed availability. We've had to stop elective procedures for maybe 3.5-4 weeks total in the last 11 months.

The other thing is masks don't do much if you touch your face, especially without washing your hands.

Proper hand washing is #1. Don't touch your face until you wash your hands.

I get that people are pissed about the control BS, I know I am. But acting like masks do nothing is no less retarded than closing down some businesses while leaving huge box stores open.

FWIW, I've said since day one that everything should be open, and let people self isolate if they are high risk or scared.

There's a whole lot of people acting like all masks are equal.

We wear fitted N95s or PAPR with + patients, depending on what we're doing.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
the camo gator i wear probably doesn't do schit but it at least makes me somewhat unrecognizable which i kind of like when going to stores. cuts down on the small talk with people i usually feel obligated to recognize.
Posted By: copperking81 Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
You're on a fools errand trying to reason with the mask believers. They're convinced they're going to wake up dead every day.

I had no idea just how many stupid fuqs were among us until the virus and mask debate became a thing.
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Particle size, filter media hole size, bypass. It really is that simple. Even HEPA filtration is not 100% first pass capture. There are filtration test reports available. Really no need to guess.

If masked really worked and the only objective of the government was to require mask to stop the spread of the virus why hasnā€™t the government issued strict mask standards for the type of mask warn? The government In Michigan and every other states and now Bidenā€™s federal land ā€œmask mandatesā€ have zero guidelines for the type of mask. It can be a gas mask, a bandanna or anything in between and the government doesnā€™t care because itā€™s about compliance and control not mask effectiveness.
Posted By: The_Real_Hawkeye Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
What's worse than masks are surgical gloves worn by people who prepare our food. That's far worse than not wearing them. Think about it. When you don't wear gloves, you're aware of whether or not you need to wash or disinfect your hands, and do so frequently. When you wear gloves, the most it will do for you is give you a false sense of security against germs. The reality is, however, that since you're not washing or disinfecting your gloved hand, you are now MUCH more likely to have germs on your hands when you are preparing people's food.
Posted By: arkypete Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
I've had fun telling the born again types that the mask is the mark of the beast,
Posted By: Mach3 Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by toad
Why do vaccinated people need to wear masks?
Covid survivors?
Compliance...

Yup, people just don't get it. Just do what your governors tell you. They're always right

šŸ˜‚

I don't think stuff should have closed, other than situationally hospitals to elective procedures dependent on ICU bed availability. We've had to stop elective procedures for maybe 3.5-4 weeks total in the last 11 months.

The other thing is masks don't do much if you touch your face, especially without washing your hands.

Proper hand washing is #1. Don't touch your face until you wash your hands.

I get that people are pissed about the control BS, I know I am. But acting like masks do nothing is no less retarded than closing down some businesses while leaving huge box stores open.

FWIW, I've said since day one that everything should be open, and let people self isolate if they are high risk or scared.

I agree with you. And what you suggest would have been the logical, rational approach. Just like letting the people who want to wear masks wear them. And because the logical, rational approach was utterly ditched for blatantly fabricated numbers, endless fearmongering, mask mandates, shutting down businesses while letting others continue to stay open, restricting the movement and interactions of people (moreso in other nations than the US), and destroying or crippling whole sectors of the economies of many States, I know it was never about health or safety or any virus. It is about compliance, chipping away at freedom and autonomy and self-sufficiency, and rigging the economy further toward a centralized and utterly controlled one.

Hell, even the "covid relief bills" have little to do with covid or fiscal relief, but they do further undermine the Dollar while placating just enough people who want the "free" money, and slowly create more reliance on government handouts. It's all a farce.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Viruses don't just float around by themselves, they need to attach to something and that is a water vapor droplet i.e. respiration. Cotton will hold 27 times its own weight in water and it is the reason that a cotton mask will trap a virus laden water droplet before it even gets from me to you and vice versa. It is the same reason that you are wearing a cotton undershirt right now or sleeping on a cotton bed sheet. A cotton mask isn't a political statement, it's an IQ test.
No. There is no law of physics that prevents viruses from floating around independent of moisture.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by boilerpig1

What now dr?
BP...
A doctor not far away said that wearing these abominations have, by a larger percentage, increased severe bacterial lung infections at his hospital. Only time I've worn one was to get a test at the local clinic.. Otherwise, I will not comply..
No. There is no law of physics that prevents viruses from floating around independent of moisture.

Please explain how that happens without an infected host getting them into the air.

Be specific.

Please explain how that happens without an infected host getting them into the air.

Be specific.

Didn't say that now, did I?
Please explain in detail what happens to that virus when the droplet evaporates.
Posted By: szihn Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
The mask is a signal to government of how many people will obey them even when their instructions are 100% unlawful. So they know they can take the next step. It's a surrender flag waived by idiots and cowards. They know nothing of their own laws and could not care less. That is EXACTLY the type of slave mindset the communists need before they can go forward.

Be specific.

Didn't say that now, did I?
Please explain in detail what happens to that virus when the droplet evaporates.

It ends up immobile, on whatever surface it fell onto.

Again, please explain how viruses fly around independently.

I'll wait.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
I proved conclusively to myself masks are a waste of time. I put on one of the blue masks tape the top to my face so nothing's falling the top and sanded drywall for 1 hour. I took a picture of my face afterwards and there was just as much dust behind the mask as out to the sides. If I knew how to post a picture I would. If somebody wants to see it I will text them.
Build Back Better.

Ring a bell? Social engineering. That's all this is.

I'd like to believe that there is something more here, but the evidence doesn't point that way. I know a lot of guys here are "believers", and I highly respect some of them, but I just can't see it. When you choose to lie, it's because the truth doesn't support your preferred version of things. It's just a sales pitch. No one has to be sold on what they know already.

Imagine if there were endless discussions in media 24-7 on every platform everywhere for something obvious. Imagine that it was repeatedly hammered into you from every angle that something that is obvious to nearly everyone exists and has validity. How silly would that seem? Would the numbers need to be inflated? Would irrelevant precautions need to be endlessly argued and discussed? Would it make sense to be bombarded constantly by information that is apparent to everyone? No.

Imagine turning on the TV, and hearing about a lack of food and water being dangerous, even deadly. Imagine social media being filled with discussions about how food and water are essential. Imagine professionals at podiums discussing food and water, and their importance to society, and to life. Imagine businesses being required to provide food and water to patrons, because without them, we will die. Imagine government-mandated consumption of food and water. Imagine a food and water commission spending billions of dollars to get the message out. I could keep going, but I hope the message is clear.

You are bombarded by this stuff because it is a lie, and the way that obvious lies are believed is through repetition. Facts are discarded for the narrative, and the narrative is inescapable. And once you buy into it, it all makes sense. And you are rewarded through consensus. You are part of the group that agrees with the "experts", and the government and the media.

How often do you agree with the quoted experts, and the government, and the media, regarding your 1st and 2nd and 4th Amendment rights?
Posted By: PJGunner Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
I wear a mask only when I have no other choice. Frankly, I think the whole thing is BS. I'll explain why.

About three, maybe four years ago I read a book called State of Fear by Micheal Chrichton. While a work if fiction dealing with that other farce global warming there is a conversation late into the book where one man tells another exactly how governments use fear to control their populations. Then came the coronacrap . It was like the MSM showing an example of that very description in real time. So I refuse to wear a mask except where I am forced to by law.I refuse to live in fear of the China flu. Fuggem!
Paul B.

The supposed masks for covid are only good for airborne liquids particles that ā€œcould possibly ā€œ be ejected by the user to another person.
You guys do realize that .gov trying social engineering BS and appropriate masks working as PPE are not mutually exclusive, right?

Granted, acting like having the general population wear cloth spider-man masks will help is rather ridiculous, but some of you guys are acting like respiratory PPE is some kind of voodoo.

Saying "masks" don't prevent the transmission of covid-19 is no less ignorant than saying "masks" do stop the transmission of covid-19.

Without appropriate qualifiers, both statements are false.
Posted By: 700LH Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Mask wearing and believing in them stopping a virus is proof propaganda works
People sneeze, people cough, some chronically thus the masks requirement in so many public venues.

Most of us donā€™t wear them at all unless itā€™s required to enter a place that we need to patronize.

Thatā€™s that. Fairly simple.

I know,,,,letā€™s start a covid mask thread and see what everyone thinks about them.
Originally Posted by 700LH

Again, are you asserting that no masks stop the transmission of covid-19?
Posted By: 700LH Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

Should an answer be given to someone whose reading compression is so poor they wouldn't understand anyway?

Should an answer be given to someone whose reading compression is so poor they wouldn't understand anyway?

I'm pretty sure I can understand if you answer the yes or no question.

šŸ˜‰
Posted By: Backroads Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Wear one if you want, donā€™t if you donā€™t.
The rub comes when you think you can tell others what to do.

Minding ones own business, and telling others to mind theirs, is still ok.
Originally Posted by Backroads

Establishment owners and municipalities tell you what to do or donā€™t enter.

Thereā€™s no rub to that. Plenty simple enough.
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Originally Posted by aalf

Iā€™ve never understood that. Letā€™s get it over with.

In progress as we speak.

You got a weird fetish if that's something you and your municipality demand of people. Might want to talk to a professional about that.
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
It can be a gas mask, a bandanna or anything in between and the government doesnā€™t care because itā€™s about compliance and control not mask effectiveness.

Thank you for thinking logically and illustrating the difference between "masks don't work" and "mask mandates don't work". The former is provably false but results indicate the latter is true.

Most people here can't tell these two arguments apart, like the guy above who literally taped a junk mask to his face.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
Toot Scootinā€™ Boogay .......
Cadillac Black Jack Cmon baby lets go toot scootinā€™
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Have you checked your blood oxygen saturation lately?
LOL
Posted By: slumlord Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
lol
Here We Go ...Dosey Do cmon baby lets go Toot Scootinā€™
Posted By: aalf Re: Compliance - 01/24/21

In progress as we speak.

One year later.......
Posted By: Leanwolf Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
I had to go to my ophthalmologist a couple of weeks ago. The offices were in a large hospital building in Boise. I was not wearing a mask. When I went into the lobby, a couple of girls were sitting at a table with a bottle of sanitizer liquid, a thermometer, checking those entering. One asked me if I had a mask and I said "No."

So she reached into a large box and handed me one of those cheap paper masks. I said, "Is this a used one?"

The girl looked confused and then said, "Oh no! These are new."

I said, "Oh, okay. I thought maybe the hospital was saving money by collecting the used ones and handing them out again."

Very seriously she said, "We'd never do anything like that!!"

"Okay, that's a relief." By that time I'd put on the mask so she could not see me smile. Poor girl never realized I was just funnin' with her. wink

L.W.
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Compliance - 01/24/21
I wear one when asked.
Originally Posted by copperking81

You got a weird fetish if that's something you and your municipality demand of people. Might want to talk to a professional about that.

And you might want to ask Flave and his sock puppet about getting their asses kicked out of a public park. Had their kid along, too.

Your ā€œfetid fetish ā€œ is a just a bit misdirected.

Have you checked your blood oxygen saturation lately?

Alcohol saturation.
Old Toot done got his azz rubbed raw by the mask mafia! I dying! šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£

No, youā€™re not dying youā€™re just Drunk.

Again.

Again.

Wait! Didnā€™t Simonkenton just give you $20?

Again.

Oh get down turn around go to town Old boot Tootinā€™ boogie
Originally Posted by TrueGrit

I'm opposed to the "culling" of any race. It goes fare beyond my heart too.
Originally Posted by szihn
The mask is a signal to government of how many people will obey them even when their instructions are 100% unlawful. So they know they can take the next step. It's a surrender flag waived by idiots and cowards. They know nothing of their own laws and could not care less. That is EXACTLY the type of slave mindset the communists need before they can go forward.

I'm in total agreement with your statement.
Originally Posted by szihn

I'm in total agreement with your statement.

Plus 1
Originally Posted by copperking81

And you might want to ask Flave and his sock puppet about getting their asses kicked out of a public park. Had their kid along, too.

Your ā€œfetid fetish ā€œ is a just a bit misdirected.

Why? Hearing about a man and his kid getting hassled by some face mask nazis in a park doesn't excite me. I don't suffer from the fetish.
© 24hourcampfire