Home
Posted By: eamyrick 2021 - 01/26/21
Yea, I can't wait to donate some cash to a couple of cops in Austin.
I wonder if the Texas AG can pursue a malicious prosecution case against Garza. It appears, based on the OP, that this is exactly what is going on. The other side of the story might be interesting to hear.
The City of Austin is Portland\Seattle South.
So you want us to donate money to the APA, their Union, so the Union can save a few buck on their defence.

Not hardly.
Quick story:

I have personal knowledge that a high ranking APD officer had his house surrounded by BLM/Antifa a few months back. The vile crowd threatened his life, his kids and his wife.

The entire family had to relocate to a motel under a heavy veil of secrecy and security. The entire subdivision where they lived had their lives disrupted by this.

Then the City Council defunded the police dept by 1/3 of it's budget.

Fast forward to after the election.... The guy's wife, whose family was surrounded and had to relocate because of the hatred of cops in Austin, posted on her FB page about how happy she was that Biden won the election.

People who won't help themselves do not want MY help.

GTFO of that liberal schidthole and change your ways.

Or not.

But don't cry when they pour clabbered milk in your Post Toasties if you stay.

Eamyrick, you KNOW who I'm talking about.
Originally Posted by eamyrick
Defense money comes out of each guys pocket. The union has has nothing to do with the legal defense. Tough crowd here. Great profession when the left and the right both hate you.

Maybe you should read your own OP.

. We ensured that our officers knew what was going on and that they knew that their CLEAT legal coverage was going to cover them in the case if it were to move forward.
Defense money comes out of each guys pocket. The union has has nothing to do with the legal defense. Tough crowd here. Great profession when the left and the right both hate you.

The OP mentions CLEAT.

"Not only do we fight hard for our members, but we pay 100% of the costs associated with representing a member during internal investigations and disciplinary appeals (including arbitration fees). We also pay 100% of the costs associated with defending a member against criminal charges that resulted from the member’s performance of official duties."

https://www.cleat.org/benefits/membership/

Dunno whether you just didn't comprehend the message, or are in on the play.
In the beginning,,,,,

There was this poltroon

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeffrey_Friedman_(politician)
Originally Posted by Fubarski

The OP mentions CLEAT.

"Not only do we fight hard for our members, but we pay 100% of the costs associated with representing a member during internal investigations and disciplinary appeals (including arbitration fees). We also pay 100% of the costs associated with defending a member against criminal charges that resulted from the member’s performance of official duties."

https://www.cleat.org/benefits/membership/

Dunno whether you just didn't comprehend the message, or are in on the play.

CLEAT covers basic legal costs. Each guy will be on the hook for $150 an hour over what CLEAT covers. Massive bill to have a solid legal defense.

Which is it? 100%, or everything except $150/hr?
We also began having conversations with Chief Brian Manley about how he was planning on handling this case if it indeed ended in an indictment of one or more of the officers. You see, it is important to understand that when this use of force happened back in March of 2019, it was investigated by our own Special Investigations Unit (SIU) and the findings were presented to the Chief. The then District Attorney Margaret Moore was even briefed on the case. The chain of command reviewed the response to resistance like normal and even 6 commanders and an attorney from City Legal on the Force Review Board looked at the case from a tactics/training/equipment standpoint. Chief Manley signed off on the use of force as objectively reasonable as did the chain of command and the investigation was closed. This case was not forwarded to the DA’s office for review because it was clear that through the thorough review, the force used was objectively reasonable. It was not even sent to Internal Affairs because no one in management of this police department saw a need to investigate whether or not there was a policy violation in the case. It went to the Force Review Board, as all level 2’s and above do, and in that meeting, no issues were documented.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Originally Posted by 700LH
We also began having conversations with Chief Brian Manley about how he was planning on handling this case if it indeed ended in an indictment of one or more of the officers. You see, it is important to understand that when this use of force happened back in March of 2019, it was investigated by our own Special Investigations Unit (SIU) and the findings were presented to the Chief. The then District Attorney Margaret Moore was even briefed on the case. The chain of command reviewed the response to resistance like normal and even 6 commanders and an attorney from City Legal on the Force Review Board looked at the case from a tactics/training/equipment standpoint. Chief Manley signed off on the use of force as objectively reasonable as did the chain of command and the investigation was closed. This case was not forwarded to the DA’s office for review because it was clear that through the thorough review, the force used was objectively reasonable. It was not even sent to Internal Affairs because no one in management of this police department saw a need to investigate whether or not there was a policy violation in the case. It went to the Force Review Board, as all level 2’s and above do, and in that meeting, no issues were documented.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Yep
FWIW, I don't see the police officers did anything wrong. They just did their jobs.

The mistake lies in staying in a community that doesn't want you, and a department who won't back you.
CLEAT covers $200 and hour. Good attorneys are 4-500 and hour. Please ask any questions. And also, the prior DA and citizen police oversight review cleared the guys.

Your new Soros appointed communist DA will make believers out of lots more of you before she's done.
Wouldn't choose to be a cop in this societal environment, especially in a democrat run city.
CLEAT covers basic legal costs. Each guy will be on the hook for $150 an hour over what CLEAT covers. Massive bill to have a solid legal defense.

CLEAT covers $200 and hour. Good attorneys are 4-500 and hour. Please ask any questions. And also, the prior DA and citizen police oversight review cleared the guys.

What position do you hold in the APA Union?
Federal Court says police can lie to citizens.

Federal Court says police have no duty to protect citizens.

Federal Court says evidence of a crime can be used against a defendant even if police obtained it illegally.

Federal Court says police can lie to receive consent to search and enter.

Federal Court says police can lie during the course of their investigations.

Federal Court makes it almost impossible to hold police accountable for excessive force (even when they kill) through qualified immunity.

Two Texas Officers need your help
lmao
Originally Posted by steve4102

The majority of the cops here are part of the union. I’m on the discipline committee to advocate for cops. Anymore questions let me know.

So a Union boy, trying to save the Union a few bucks.
Got it.
Where any charges ever brought against the Waco cops that ambushed essentially bushwacked and killed those bikers many who had done nothing wrong but were charged and overcharged then many months later after lives are trashed all charges dropped?

Then you beg the public to send Texas cops money like the guy on the corner holding a cardboard sign?

Jeeezus my man, get a life and find some reality

Eamyrick, I empathize with anyone being legally railroaded...especially by a communist DA. However, I cannot donate to a fund with no accountability and to the organization who laid the track. Best of luck to the officers.

The majority of the cops here are part of the union. I’m on the discipline committee to advocate for cops. Anymore questions let me know.

So a Union boy, trying to save the Union a few bucks.
Got it.

Originally Posted by 700LH
Where any charges ever brought against the Waco cops that ambushed essentially bushwacked and killed those bikers many who had done nothing wrong but were charged and overcharged then many months later after lives are trashed all charges dropped?

Then you beg the public to send Texas cops money like the guy on the corner holding a cardboard sign?

Jeeezus my man, get a life and find some reality

The Fire can be a tough place sometimes. 🤣🤣🤣
I’m not sure what your understanding of our union is, but it’s not a repository of money. We hold bbqs for kids and members who have medical issues. We have no power beyond a contact negotiation every 4 years. Either way, hope you have a great day.

Contact negotiations, funny that, organized crime negotiating contract for Law Enforcement.

Ya can’t make this schit up.
Originally Posted by antlers

Federal Court says evidence of a crime can be used against a defendant even if police obtained it illegally.

Federal Court makes it almost impossible to hold police accountable for excessive force (even when they kill) through qualified immunity.

lmao

Cawps..

And their unions, APA.

LMAO.

lmao

Yeah, and they wonder why nobody likes them.
The reason I won't be supporting these cops, or any, actually, is actually in the email. The police note an increase in violent crime in the area, shootings, murders, robberies. They claim a drug component, so they decide the best way to solve the uptick in violent crime is to target and arrest people not involved in any violent crime. This is the mentality of the police. They can't really do anything about the violent crime without doing some serious footwork, but drug dealers are easy to spot, and relatively safe and easy to bust, so they target them. As far as I am concerned, the impetus to arrest drug dealers goes against the foundational philosophy of this nation. And using force to do so makes it that much more heinous, in my mind.
Does anybody know why that chick at the Capitol had to take one to the neck?
Originally Posted by deflave

Was she terribly dangerous?

Hey Rainman try to focus.

Behavior and perception are mutually exclusive.
Originally Posted by Fireball2

Hey Rainman try to focus.

Had a child's backpack.

Scary stuff.

She broke a window.

lmao

smile
Is that one of the sorass' sponsored DA's?

You don't seem to understand. We feel the way we do from seeing how good citesens are treated like criminals.
Hoo boy.....

Google that Garza fella. It’s exactly what you think it is. Those two cops should find a different town to work in.

Left was always going to hate y’all. Where you went wrong was in teaching the right to hate you. You alienated your natural allies by enforcing every whim of the State without hesitation, and then pretending you were heroes for doing it. Trying to get money from people who have watched you guys abuse their friends and family for decades is bound to be a hard sell, you know?

Yeah, I know there are good guys in places. Just not good enough to stop the ever increasing numbers of bad ones. Here’s a tip. When you let people in your uniform do bad things, at some point, once it becomes too common, the average person views you all as bad guys until the individual officer proves themselves to be something else. Which happens rarely enough in a lot of places that it is mentionable when it does. Under such circumstances, you will forgive our skepticism.
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf

Left was always going to hate y’all. Where you went wrong was in teaching the right to hate you. You alienated your natural allies by enforcing every whim of the State without hesitation, and then pretending you were heroes for doing it. Trying to get money from people who have watched you guys abuse their friends and family for decades is bound to be a hard sell, you know?

Yeah, I know there are good guys in places. Just not good enough to stop the ever increasing numbers of bad ones. Here’s a tip. When you let people in your uniform do bad things, at some point, once it becomes too common, the average person views you all as bad guys until the individual officer proves themselves to be something else. Which happens rarely enough in a lot of places that it is mentionable when it does. Under such circumstances, you will forgive our skepticism.

Best post I've read in a while.

You summed it up very well.
I received a text last night from an organization from the National Center for Police Defense Inc. , asking for a donation for Michigan State Trooper Mark Bessners appeal in his manslaughter conviction.
Kind of startled me as it was leading from his wife fearing her husband, Officers Bessners, life was in danger. Googled it up and it’s a real case , but what the hell that was a weird text
I always worked knowing exactly 'who' had my back, ME, if you're going to work in a coc squad you fuggin sure better know who'll have your back, sadly liberal city's will not.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Agreed. Damn good one.
Don't expect the thin blue line and their union
to acknowledge what OldGraywolf said...
The "Us and them" Leo culture is too strong.

Integrity and honesty is a rare attribute in LE.
Originally Posted by mirage243
Agreed. Damn good one.

Indeed.
I’m read in and understood. It has been eye opening for me to see from an outside perspective. I sure hate that so many of you feel this way but won’t argue with your experiences. I’ve removed my original post seeing how offensive it was to you all. I’ve got a few things to close up here and will be moving on. I wish you all well.
Austin police said they would arrest citizens legally carrying long guns on the street here recently.

An Austin police officer arrested a man carrying a holstered black powder pistol during a second amendment march a few years ago, "even after being presented with the state statute on paper showing it was legal", because he wasn't man enough to back down from his mental derangement of "citizens don't have a right to bear arms" he allowed himself to be brainwashed with, FROM THE UNION most likely.

The above is TREASON.

The above proves your whole city / department are traitors to the country, and are a domestic enemy within the borders of this free nation.

You are part of a LEO movement in the whole country, where all departments agreed to dress in black and black vehicles, to put on a psyop front to the public that you are all one ARMY across the country to make the public feel like they are enslaved in a tyrant run nation. Does the uniformity of BROWN shirts from NAZI Germany sound familiar?

You have militarized your departments across the nation since 911, and are proud displaying it to the public, just like communist countries parade their armies and their weapons, again to acclimate the people into a psychological state that they have NO RIGHTS and do not live in a FREE nation, but a POLICE STATE.

Austin is a disgrace to the REPUBLIC OF TEXAS, for it represents everything evil in society, and has done so for decades, with full approval from every mentally deranged government official who has worked in that communist run city.

Their is no doubt in anyone's mind, the entirety of your force would GLADLY "attempt" to confiscate the citizen's guns.

Wearing a badge is one of the most highest honors in a free Republic.

Wearing a badge to destroy a Republic is a DISGRACE, and a CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

The court of 24 Hour Campfire hereby formally rejects your request.
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

Was she terribly dangerous?

If I was Portland or Seattle, I’d hire some of those Capitol police officers. They start shooting a few rioters in the neck & that chit will calm down a bit. You break a window you die.
Still gonna donate for these two cops though. I’ve wasted more money on less worthy causes.

Hear, hear.

Us vs them. It wasn’t started by folks like us. Until integrity, honor and service are more important than the thin blue line, us vs them it will be.
The same could be said for the general population.
Gone just like that
I’m read in and understood. It has been eye opening for me to see from an outside perspective.

Why don't you pass on what you have learnt
to the union to pass on to its members ?..
or you just going to keep it to yourself and
bury it knowing the LE community wouldn't
want to hear it.

I’ve removed my original post seeing
how offensive it was to you all..

Not everybody was offended, some just got
a good chuckle listening to a police union
perspective.
What did you guys do? Chase poor eamyrick off.
Looks like he picked up his marbles and went home.
Originally Posted by NVhntr
What did you guys do? Chase poor eamyrick off.
Looks like he picked up his marbles and went home.

Sometimes it sucks when you get introduced to the Fire and it's reality.
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
Still gonna donate for these two cops though. I’ve wasted more money on less worthy causes.

Ya, that about sums it up, I’m in too.
© 24hourcampfire