Home
Posted By: BobBrown Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
It’s hard to beat fried eggs and bacon
Posted By: Redneck Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Adding hashbrowns makes it even better.. But I also make a baked apple pancake (similar to the pannenkoeken) that's REALLY good... smile
Posted By: viking Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Soon, I will start frying bacon and eggs.
Posted By: rem141r Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
oatmeal and blueberries every day. on weekends we might do bacon and eggs. at camp on family weekends i go all out. bacon, eggs, ham, french toast, hashbrowns, pancakes, the whole nine yards. i have a big presto grill, deep fryer and stove in my pavillion and basically run a diner for my family and neighbors. its great.
Posted By: Deans Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Egg, sausage and grits with toast or sometimes biscuits.
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday brunch are my egg days. Hey, that means TODAY!
Posted By: Esox357 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Typically Dirty eggs and bacon.
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
some times, fried cabbage and bacon sounds good.
Think I'll ask for waffles, this morning.
With some of DANNY L's syrup! (Good stuff! )
Some bacon and berries to top it off.
Posted By: EdM Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Generally no but I am having a biscotti with my coffee at the moment.
Posted By: bucktail Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Pickled eggs and an orange during the week. Eggs and sausage on the weekends
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Favorite meal.

Fried ham steak with eggs and grits. Bacon. Sausage gravy. Hash browns or just fried potatoes and onions. Biscuits. Fried chicken on a biscuit with a fried egg and slice of cheese is killer.

Damn. Now I’m hungry.
Posted By: Certifiable Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Usually just grab a banana on my way out the door. Love a big breakfast on the weekends but on a work day it bogs me down
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Bacon, ham, or sausage and eggs every morning. Grits one day a week and biscuits another. The other days oatmeal or toast.
Posted By: Torqued Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Hell yeah,love em. If I make them they are fried dirty and over easy. If the wife makes them she won't make dirty eggs. And they gotta be fresh eggs,none of the tasteless store bought eggs.
Posted By: Raeford Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Went all out last Sunday:
Eggs-over easy
Bacon
Sausage
Hashbrowns
Sausage gravy
Biscuits

Had bacon, scrambled eggs, and coffee. I like my eggs fried over easy if I'm having hash browns or toast with it.
Oatmeal and blue berries, keeps me regular.
Sometimes yes, sometimes,no.

I beat them with a whisk.
Other times I boil the suckers alive.
But they are best busted open an thrown on the griddle.
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21

not before 9-10 am

usually a loaded egg omlet.......
Posted By: Oheremicus Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
A full cup of dried oatmeal, micro waved, fat free yogurt and either blue berries or raspberries on top with two cups of coffee every day. E
Posted By: hanco Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Bacon and egg tacos, Wifey made them Sunday.
Posted By: Cheesy Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
What are 'dirty' eggs?

I usually fry 5 eggs but no bacon.
Bacon might be the most perfect food ever created, god himself couldn't come up with better fare
Posted By: bruinruin Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Typical Saturday and Sunday mornings have me cooking eggs and bacon. Sometimes it's sausage instead of bacon. Occasionally I can get my wife to cook her excellent biscuits and sausage gravy.
Posted By: logger Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Oatmeal and blueberries. There's a reason why we have 18 blue berry plants in the garden.
Posted By: acy Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Favorite is eggs over easy, hash browns or fried potatoes, with bacon, venison steak or deer heart as the meat. Not uncommon for us to do a breakfast like that for dinner.
Posted By: New_2_99s Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Weekdays; Black coffee & a cigarette.

Weekends; we go all out & make crazy good full breakfasts.

Lots of pics in the cooking forum, How to make breakfast thread.
Just had a breakfast burrito from the local coffee shop. Scrambled eggs, pork sausage, and hash brown potatoes all rolled up in a giant tortilla. A bit high in carbs, but it will carry me until I get home to see what Momma makes for dinner.
Posted By: dale06 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
I eat breakfast 365 days a year. Usually coffee and fiber cereal with a banana. Once in a while sausage, eggs, toast and coffee.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
No

Feel like I’m going to barf first two hours after i wake up, every day

But I will eat breakfast at noon 👍
I do wonder about greaseballs parked at Waffle House at 5:20 am.

JFC are people starving for lard gravy an hour before sunrise?

Sheesh
Posted By: JPro Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21

I cook breakfast for my crew 3 mornings a week. We're each on our own the other days. The cooked breakfast is an over-easy fried egg or two each, along with some extra egg whites (the dogs get the extra yolks) a slice of thick cut bacon, and a fruit/vegetable smoothie. The other days are usually just a small protein shake for me, the wife and kiddos like the Jimmy Dean ham/egg English muffins from the freezer. Coffee is always a given, generally on up through the morning hours.
Posted By: auk1124 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Welp

Eggs in a milk carton, xtra greasy bacon, tater rounds , biscuit and gravy today
Hardees?

lol
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Just a little something with coffee to get started during the week. Most Sundays, late morning eggs over easy, thick cut bacon, grits and a waffle. Orange juice with the food, more coffee with the waffle.
Posted By: BuckHaggard Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
I haven't eaten breakfast regularly since I was a kid. Sometimes on a weekend or if I'm on vacation I eat a breakfast. Brunch is great. I love breakfast food and make it for dinner sometimes, I'm just not hungry in the morning. My first meal is usually around 2pm.

I swear if I do eat an early breakfast I'm starving 2-3 hours later.
Posted By: 260Remguy Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
3 scrambled eggs, a little cheese, cubed SPAM, and picante sauce. The breakfast of old pharts.
I go out for breakfast on Saturday. Usually have have chicken fried steak, eggs over easy, home style potatoes with gravy over everything. Sough dough toast with strawberry jelly. Sometimes I sub chicken fried chicken
Been doing intermittent fasting for about 14 months, stop eating around 7:30 at night and don't eat again till noon or 1 the next day. Many digestive issues I was having have since dissapeared so no breakfast for me!!
1 year ago I started following a sensible diet and doing intermittent fasting by just eating 2 meals a day. I cut out breakfast and made lunch my first meal of the day, with supper being my last and cutting off the eating of anything by 6:30pm every evening. I lost 50+ pounds and am trying to maintain still following the fasting. My BP went from 140/90 to 120/80 not to mention the lowering of cholesterol which had been a problem. I always loved a hearty breakfast but have to say I don't miss it anymore.

WS
Posted By: tzone Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
I had enchiladas at Rogers house. laugh
Posted By: memtb Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Every morning, though usually after about 2 cups of coffee and 2 to 3 hours of news and catching up on hunting/shooting forums. In fact, headed to the kitchen for my usual 3 eggs over easy, with 2 to 3 medium potatoes cubed and lightly browned ( previously cooked in microwave) with ground breakfast sausage or a hand full of bacon pieces ( both previously cooked and kept in the fridg). A quick, easy meal that stays with you a while! memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hardees?

lol

That’s personal
Posted By: Tide_Change Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by Esox357
Typically Dirty eggs and bacon.

Oh yeah! I like 'em dirty too.
Posted By: Windfall Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Most mornings I would rather take a beating than to need to eat the steel cut oatmeal that Sweetness makes for us every morning and hell yes, I’d rather have eggs and bacon, but she has brought me back from the brink of bachelorhood malnutrition and basically given me a new lease on life. My LDL cholesterol (the bad artery clogging stuff) went from 115 to 44 inside of two years. Being on a first name basis down at the Pizza Hut was never a good thing.
Posted By: xxclaro Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by JPro

I cook breakfast for my crew 3 mornings a week. We're each on our own the other days. The cooked breakfast is an over-easy fried egg or two each, along with some extra egg whites (the dogs get the extra yolks) a slice of thick cut bacon, and a fruit/vegetable smoothie. The other days are usually just a small protein shake for me, the wife and kiddos like the Jimmy Dean ham/egg English muffins from the freezer. Coffee is always a given, generally on up through the morning hours.

You tryin to starve everyone to death out there? One egg and a slice of bacon is just teasing a guy! I only cook breakfast on weekends but its minimum 4 eggs, couple sausage patties, pile if hashbrowns and a bowl of Cheerios with a banana. Weekdays I eat breakfast at work so i pack an avocado sandwich and an almond flour chocolate chip cookie.
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Doesn't anyone hardboil eggs anymore?

The original togo meal.

Coffee, hb egg, piece of sourdough toast w/ butter.

Miss the morning ciggy sometimes.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by xxclaro

You tryin to starve everyone to death out there? One egg and a slice of bacon is just teasing a guy! I only cook breakfast on weekends but its minimum 4 eggs, couple sausage patties, pile if hashbrowns and a bowl of Cheerios with a banana. Weekdays I eat breakfast at work so i pack an avocado sandwich and an almond flour chocolate chip cookie.

About like a 1/3 of a gopher!
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Eating it as I type.... hashbrowns should be in the bill of rights...
Posted By: atvalaska Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
USE TO ...love a late evening bowl of cereal....it don't sit with me the last ten years, it tastes great ...but... it runs thur me and I toss and turn all nite.
Originally Posted by FatCity67

The original togo meal.

Don't want to wreck em by hard boiling though !

grin
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

The original togo meal.

Don't want to wreck em by hard boiling though !

grin

Your post Black coffee and cigarette threw me back 10 years and I actually had a craving to go buy a pack.

11 minute egg is my goal.
Posted By: 2legit2quit Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Most of my adult life never ate breakfast.

But retirement I have to eat something. This morning shredded wheat w a handful of Alaska wild blueberries, nature’s super food.

But I love the mornings when I get bacon, dirty eggs over easy & toast.

For the guy that asked about dirty eggs, to me they’re eggs cooked in the same cast iron skillet you cooked your bacon in.

They’ve got that brownish type look & flecks on them versus the pure white looking fried eggs you get at most restaurants or for the folks that cook them at home in a skillet w oil.

We like using avocado oil. But if you cooked bacon, you pour out some grease & cook your eggs in that for dirty eggs.
Posted By: EdM Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21

The original togo meal.

My wife eats a HB egg every day at about 2:00. She eats a lot of eggs, typically poached. The only time I eats eggs if we go out then I will have an omelet or a Mexican scramble of some sort.
Ha, ha Phil, BTDT !

Don't do the smokes !!

I was off 'em for 9 years, till one of those "cravings" became reality !
Smart Lady Ed, natures most perfect food. Cut in half dash of hot sauce on each side.

Holding strong Paul. Dad and I gave them up together when I turned 40. We were life long hunting/drinking/smoking buddies. On his death bed this last August he made me promise not to backslide.
cool
Posted By: lvmiker Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by tzone
I had enchiladas at Rogers house. laugh

grin

mike r
Posted By: 358WCF Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
For some reason I slept until the crack of noon today. Just had 3 pieces of leftover pizza with morning coffee.

The original togo meal.

When I do that, I throw I throw in a couple slabs of 6x8x1/4 inch home made beef jerky.

Steak and eggs to go.
Posted By: JPro Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Originally Posted by xxclaro

About like a 1/3 of a gopher!

I get the gopher reference...lol. We're trying to keep meals a bit smaller these days on purpose. I've now got about 10lbs I didn't have when Covid made it to the USA. Need to shed it.....
Posted By: AKCHOPPER Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21

That, and Ham and eggs.......nom nom.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/04/21
Most important meal of the day.
Posted By: AZmark Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Menudo for breakfast my favorite
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Not to hijack this thread - but whats good bullets for dears ?

I ask this the other day but I forget what they said .
Posted By: mtnsnake Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Ham chucks, eggs, onions, hot peppers,and garlic bits all mixed together.
Posted By: steve4102 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21

And here I figured you for a CanCake guy, something cheap and light light Bush Light.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by ol_mike

Core Lokt. Thurty Thurty.

You guys ever get Cottage bacon? Made from pork shoulder instead of belly. Wooo boy, that schit is good! It’s the better bacon for a biscuit. About as close as I can find to country ham out here.
Posted By: MadMooner Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Best biscuit recipe I’ve found. Key was frozen butter and a box grater. I suck hind tit when it comes to baking but damned if this didn’t get me to bonafied territory.

PS- use coarse salt too.

https://sugarspunrun.com/easy-homemade-biscuits/
Posted By: norm99 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
big bowl of oat based cereal with dried fruit and a hand full of raspberries and a hand full of blueberries.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by steve4102

And here I figured you for a CanCake guy, something cheap and light light Bush Light.

I figured you would share your favorite tube steak recipe.
Posted By: BobBrown Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21

You guys ever get Cottage bacon? Made from pork shoulder instead of belly. Wooo boy, that schit is good! It’s the better bacon for a biscuit. About as close as I can find to country ham out here.

I’ve never heard of it. I’ve had center cut bacon and really like that.
Posted By: ENorton Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
At deer camp we cook up so much bacon in the morning that the dirty eggs cooked in the bacon grease have taken on the name of Tennessee poached. But most mornings steel cut oats with pecans and some type of berry. Weekends eggs and sausage or bacon. If we go to town it is coffee with a crepe.
Originally Posted by acy
Favorite is eggs over easy, hash browns or fried potatoes, with bacon, venison steak or deer heart as the meat. Not uncommon for us to do a breakfast like that for dinner.

Agree 100%, can't beat that!
Posted By: lapua6547 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by ironbender
Most important meal of the day.

Large bowl of hot oatmeal porridge with raisons soaked overnight, no sugar and big ol' cup of black tea. Everyday!

You best not leave the house before doing your business after that goes in the boiler room. smile
Posted By: jpb Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Large bowl of hot oatmeal porridge with raisons soaked overnight, no sugar and big ol' cup of black tea. <snip>

SuperCub:

Exactly what I had this morning, except I put a little brown sugar on it, 'cause that is how Grandma did it!

She passed on just 6 months short of 100 years old. I still think of her every time I have oatmeal!

John
Originally Posted by lapua6547

Sorta looks like extremely raped puszy. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sorry gents I just aint that uncivilized..or maybe I am...
Posted By: SuperCub Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Large bowl of hot oatmeal porridge with raisons soaked overnight, no sugar and big ol' cup of black tea. <snip>

SuperCub:

Exactly what I had this morning, except I put a little brown sugar on it, 'cause that is how Grandma did it!

She passed on just 6 months short of 100 years old. I still think of her every time I have oatmeal!

John

Yup .... My grandfather used to cook oatmeal at the moose camp the night before and leave it on the warm (not hot) corner of the woodstove all night. Add water in the morning. I'd kill for of his moose camp breakfasts these days as he is long passed.
Posted By: lightning Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Instant oatmeal, 1% milk, banana, blueberries, dried cranberries, walnuts and cinnamon. Microwave and let cool, put in the fridge overnight. Delicious!
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Normally I skip breakfast.
If I eat, by 9 I'm starved. If I don't, it takes longer to get hungry.

On the other hand, if traveling, I like to eat a big darn
breakfast around 9. Lots of meat, eggsss, taters (F hashbrowns)
toast. Stuff that in the gizzard, and don't need to eat until evening.
Posted By: hanco Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Just had a Sausage McGriddle. It was good!
I don't. Lots of black coffee.

On occasion, holidays, etc. I'll sit down and have breakfast with family.

Buckboard bacon
Posted By: ol_mike Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21

Thanks Mad Mooner - cor bons sound good .

Yeah I eat cottage bacon everyday , , I like country ham also . Little salty but woo-boy I still like it .
Originally Posted by steve4102

I figured you would share your favorite tube steak recipe.

Sure, since this a breakfast thread, I will offer this recipe.

I call it Home Made Spam.

Pork Butt (shoulder)
Ham
Water
Sausage Grade Milk Powder ( binder)
Dextrose
White Pepper
Salt
Cure

Stuff into 2 1/2 inch fibrous casings

Smoke until internet temp reaches 153*

Cool,

Slice and fry
Posted By: RockyRaab Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
This being a non-egg day for me, I cooked up some ham and cheesy grits. Mighty fine fare on a snowy morn.

Lately I've been eating an early (about 6:00) light breakfast consisting of a hand full of cherry tomatoes, about a cup of cottage cheese, and a small glass of spicy V8 juice.

Then I have a mug of tea, followed with a mug of strong black coffee.

By about 10:00 I'm hungry for lunch. A more "robust" meal.

Virgil B.
Posted By: CCCC Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
On egg days, it is three scrambled with some cheese and some other goodies added (maybe onions, chilis, or tomatoes, or avocado) and also either bacon or sausage, and hash browns with cheese added, and toasted Dave's bread with jam. Coffee the whole time.
Posted By: Rambler214 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
No breakfast. I have found awhile ago that if I don't eat in the morning that I have an extra pep in my step for the rest of the day. I will typically eat something at lunch, but otherwise don't start feeling hungry until the afternoon.
Posted By: Valsdad Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
"Everyday" breakfast is usually a bowl of Cheerios and a handful of Craisins and raisins(50/50 mix), one or two cups of coffee, and usually a slice of toast with cream cheese. Today it was two slices of homemade pumpernickel because this loaf is irresistible. Sometimes add an orange or something.

Fatcity, I get you on the morning smoke thing. Been over 30 years for me and I still think one would go great on the patio after breakfast with cup #2.

Once or twice a week it's something like this: No nitrate bacon, taters from the garden fried in the grease, and two eggs lookin' at me with hot bacon grease spooned over them to set the whites some. The eggs would be dirtier but the taters took up a bunch of the bits from the grease already.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

99's is right folks, go to the food forum if you want to know how some of us eat. Paul is so busy cooking on weekends we don't have the pleasure of his company here on the 'fire then. Come Monday, he's cloggin' up the threads down there with hi-res pics of his culinary exploits. grin
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
So, what else would you do with breakfast, but eat it grin
Posted By: smarquez Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/05/21
Big bowl of oatmeal, chia seed, chopped walnuts, butter, a pinch of salt, dried cranberries and some almond milk. It'll make your turds fluffy.
Posted By: lapua6547 Re: Anyone eat breakfast ? - 02/06/21
This morning

© 24hourcampfire