-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Been doing intermittent fasting for about 14 months, stop eating around 7:30 at night and don't eat again till noon or 1 the next day. Many digestive issues I was having have since dissapeared so no breakfast for me!!

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
1 year ago I started following a sensible diet and doing intermittent fasting by just eating 2 meals a day. I cut out breakfast and made lunch my first meal of the day, with supper being my last and cutting off the eating of anything by 6:30pm every evening. I lost 50+ pounds and am trying to maintain still following the fasting. My BP went from 140/90 to 120/80 not to mention the lowering of cholesterol which had been a problem. I always loved a hearty breakfast but have to say I don't miss it anymore.

WS

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I had enchiladas at Rogers house. laugh

Camp is where you make it.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Every morning, though usually after about 2 cups of coffee and 2 to 3 hours of news and catching up on hunting/shooting forums. In fact, headed to the kitchen for my usual 3 eggs over easy, with 2 to 3 medium potatoes cubed and lightly browned ( previously cooked in microwave) with ground breakfast sausage or a hand full of bacon pieces ( both previously cooked and kept in the fridg). A quick, easy meal that stays with you a while! memtb

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by memtb; 02/04/21.

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
B
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Hardees?

lol

That’s personal

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by Esox357
Typically Dirty eggs and bacon.

Oh yeah! I like 'em dirty too.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Most mornings I would rather take a beating than to need to eat the steel cut oatmeal that Sweetness makes for us every morning and hell yes, I’d rather have eggs and bacon, but she has brought me back from the brink of bachelorhood malnutrition and basically given me a new lease on life. My LDL cholesterol (the bad artery clogging stuff) went from 115 to 44 inside of two years. Being on a first name basis down at the Pizza Hut was never a good thing.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by BobBrown
It’s hard to beat fried eggs and bacon

I cook breakfast for my crew 3 mornings a week. We're each on our own the other days. The cooked breakfast is an over-easy fried egg or two each, along with some extra egg whites (the dogs get the extra yolks) a slice of thick cut bacon, and a fruit/vegetable smoothie. The other days are usually just a small protein shake for me, the wife and kiddos like the Jimmy Dean ham/egg English muffins from the freezer. Coffee is always a given, generally on up through the morning hours.

You tryin to starve everyone to death out there? One egg and a slice of bacon is just teasing a guy! I only cook breakfast on weekends but its minimum 4 eggs, couple sausage patties, pile if hashbrowns and a bowl of Cheerios with a banana. Weekdays I eat breakfast at work so i pack an avocado sandwich and an almond flour chocolate chip cookie.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Doesn't anyone hardboil eggs anymore?

The original togo meal.

Coffee, hb egg, piece of sourdough toast w/ butter.

Miss the morning ciggy sometimes.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by JPro
Originally Posted by BobBrown
It’s hard to beat fried eggs and bacon

I cook breakfast for my crew 3 mornings a week. We're each on our own the other days. The cooked breakfast is an over-easy fried egg or two each, along with some extra egg whites (the dogs get the extra yolks) a slice of thick cut bacon, and a fruit/vegetable smoothie. The other days are usually just a small protein shake for me, the wife and kiddos like the Jimmy Dean ham/egg English muffins from the freezer. Coffee is always a given, generally on up through the morning hours.

You tryin to starve everyone to death out there? One egg and a slice of bacon is just teasing a guy! I only cook breakfast on weekends but its minimum 4 eggs, couple sausage patties, pile if hashbrowns and a bowl of Cheerios with a banana. Weekdays I eat breakfast at work so i pack an avocado sandwich and an almond flour chocolate chip cookie.

About like a 1/3 of a gopher!

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Eating it as I type.... hashbrowns should be in the bill of rights...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
USE TO ...love a late evening bowl of cereal....it don't sit with me the last ten years, it tastes great ...but... it runs thur me and I toss and turn all nite.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by FatCity67

The original togo meal.

Don't want to wreck em by hard boiling though !

grin

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by New_2_99s

The original togo meal.

Don't want to wreck em by hard boiling though !

grin

Your post Black coffee and cigarette threw me back 10 years and I actually had a craving to go buy a pack.

11 minute egg is my goal.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Most of my adult life never ate breakfast.

But retirement I have to eat something. This morning shredded wheat w a handful of Alaska wild blueberries, nature’s super food.

But I love the mornings when I get bacon, dirty eggs over easy & toast.

For the guy that asked about dirty eggs, to me they’re eggs cooked in the same cast iron skillet you cooked your bacon in.

They’ve got that brownish type look & flecks on them versus the pure white looking fried eggs you get at most restaurants or for the folks that cook them at home in a skillet w oil.

We like using avocado oil. But if you cooked bacon, you pour out some grease & cook your eggs in that for dirty eggs.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The original togo meal.

My wife eats a HB egg every day at about 2:00. She eats a lot of eggs, typically poached. The only time I eats eggs if we go out then I will have an omelet or a Mexican scramble of some sort.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ha, ha Phil, BTDT !

Don't do the smokes !!

I was off 'em for 9 years, till one of those "cravings" became reality !

Paul.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smart Lady Ed, natures most perfect food. Cut in half dash of hot sauce on each side.

Holding strong Paul. Dad and I gave them up together when I turned 40. We were life long hunting/drinking/smoking buddies. On his death bed this last August he made me promise not to backslide.

"Maybe we're all happy."

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
cool

Paul.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by tzone
I had enchiladas at Rogers house. laugh

grin

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 264mag, 1_deuce, 1936M71, 219DW, 58 invisible), 1,737 guests, and 1,202 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,112
Posts18,522,796
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.