Home
Posted By: MPat70 Ear hair? - 03/02/21
At what age did you start getting ear hair?
Do you shave, pluck it let it grow?

I guess I was around 35 when my ears started sprouting roots.
I keep the hair on my head cut short so I'm forced to shave the ear hair or else it would look like a squirrel tried crawling in my head and got stuckšŸæļø
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
I'm not sure when I went into production, but if it was a cash crop I'd be on easy street.
Posted By: slumlord Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
50 and still donā€™t have it.
Posted By: MPat70 Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by 5sdad
I'm not sure when I went into production, but if it was a cash crop I'd be on easy street.

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ Truth
Originally Posted by slumlord

You're a lucky man!
Posted By: goalie Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21

We're the same age????

Damn, I pictured you as old. Older. Whatever.....

šŸ˜•
ā€˜Waxā€™ it out with a plug of Gorilla Glue
Posted By: shaman Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Mine started at 40. By 45, I had the choice of cutting it or braiding it.
Originally Posted by goalie

We're the same age????

Damn, I pictured you as old. Older. Whatever.....

šŸ˜•

On some days Iā€™m 91, and worked at Johns Manville in the 50s
Posted By: tikkanut Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21

This.......works on ball hair too.......... cry

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]
Posted By: Borealis Bob Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Part of my comb over styling.
Posted By: killerv Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
35 is about right, cant stand it. Especially when you notice a long one and you know folks have probably been staring at it
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Oh hell no!!!
Posted By: poboy Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
One of my daughters keeps mine braided.
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Makes for a performance that will bring tears to your eyes when used on nose hair and it hesitates, either due to weak battery or some other cause, and just grabs instead of cuts.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Don't remember exactly when all of this sprouting began, probably about age 50. Tiny scissors on my Swiss Army Classic knife work well for me, also for nose hairs. Just need a steady hand and be careful. Once every three weeks or a month does it.
Posted By: antlers Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
As we get older, we start growinā€™ hair where we donā€™t want it, and we start losinā€™ hair where we do want it.
Posted By: DigitalDan Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Let it grow, groom it. When you get in a gunfight ducktails on your ear lobes will give your opponent pause.
If you get real relaxed in a hotel hot tub, you can pluck the hairs out of your asscrack and taint with minimal discomfort.

Little something for the groids when they get it in later.
Posted By: hanco Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Will electrolysis get rid of it? I get tired of trimming mine.
Posted By: kenjs1 Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
What? Huh?
Posted By: Idaho_Shooter Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Got prolific at about fifty. I run the Mach III over and around my ears about once a week. Fortunately it does not grow out of the ear canal, YET.

Sometimes I pull the cartridge off of the razor, stuff it up a nostril and give it a twist. I hate long nose hairs.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Got prolific at about fifty. I run the Mach III over and around my ears about once a week. Fortunately it does not grow out of the ear canal, YET.

Sometimes I pull the cartridge off of the razor, stuff it up a nostril and give it a twist. I hate long nose hairs.

You ever wake up in the morning to find that a nose hair has grown like 6 inches overnight?
Posted By: Morewood Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Hardcore right there, shooter. Geez.

Started sprouting ear hair about the same time I was going bald up top. Go figure.
Posted By: Ranger99 Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by Morewood

Started sprouting ear hair about the same time I was going bald up top. Go figure.

It happens
I just cut it off and roll on
Way better than not being able to cut it off myself
and having to be cared for
I use the little rotary trimmer doo dad and
some little rounded point nose/ear hair
specific trimming scissors.

Sheep shears for the rest of it
Posted By: stxhunter Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
never had any.
Posted By: War_Eagle Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
I'm 38 and the gals that cut my hair at Sports Clips have started running the trimmer in the corner of my ear and trimming my eye brows without request.

I don't want to recognize the event but I can't ignore it any longer. The ear hair is here.

The nose hairs are the ones that drive me nuts. I hate long nose hairs...but the ones that really drive me nuts are the gray / white ones. Its like they're invisible but the are still tickling the edge of my nostril and I can't see them to trim or cut them!
Posted By: FatCity67 Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
[Linked Image from ]
Originally Posted by War_Eagle
I'm 38 and the gals that cut my hair at Sports Clips have started running the trimmer in the corner of my ear and trimming my eye brows without request.

I don't want to recognize the event but I can't ignore it any longer. The ear hair is here.

The nose hairs are the ones that drive me nuts. I hate long nose hairs...but the ones that really drive me nuts are the gray / white ones. Its like they're invisible but the are still tickling the edge of my nostril and I can't see them to trim or cut them!

Get you one of those little rotary trimmers like I have.
Just click it on and run it up in there and twist it
carefully around and up and around. No need to be
able to see anything or use a mirror.
Posted By: efw Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Iā€™ve had it for a few years so early 40s was when I got it. My wife got me a trimmer similar to the one pictured above but smaller:

https://www.amazon.com/Micro-Grooms...719197&sprefix=ear+nose+&sr=8-12

Works nicely just donā€™t forget to exhale when you stick that up yer nose or youā€™ll be in for a choking fit.

I mean thatā€™s what I heard anyway...
Posted By: aalf Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
[Linked Image from askideas.com]
Posted By: Etoh Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by MPat70
At what age did you start getting ear hair?
Do you shave, pluck it let it grow?

I guess I was around 35 when my ears started sprouting roots.
I keep the hair on my head cut short so I'm forced to shave the ear hair or else it would look like a squirrel tried crawling in my head and got stuckšŸæļø

Nose hair, bushy eyebrows, ear hair are one of the first signs of andropause. The production of testosterone has started to decrease, but the conversion of testosterone to estradiol has continued to be the same or increase. Its effects depends on the number of and location of active hair cells. Doesn't apply to the dead ones on your head, which died from lack of selenium and thyroid.

Also the sebaceous glands secrete less cause you are no longer a horny greasy teen ager.

The good news is your estradiol is giving you cardiovascular protection as it prevents plaques from forming.

So, when having a difference of opinion on the 'fire, someone calls somebody a she there is probably a biological connection.
Originally Posted by antlers
As we get older, we start growinā€™ hair where we donā€™t want it, and we start losinā€™ hair where we do want it.

A lot of it depends on blood flow. An unusually long nose hair or ear is from higher blood flow to that hair cell. Its being rubbed more than others. Folks who wear hearing aids usually see greater growth. All things being equal.

And the reverse, no hair on the head, result of low blood flow, means less thyroid, and selenium, cells die.

not getting into Vit D s effects.
Posted By: renegade50 Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Its a horrible affliction.
Shave and use small scissors myself.

Dont wanta look like an old man that hasn't touched the ear hair or eyebrows in 15 yrs.

Looking like that doctor from Dune and schit and going for the Guiness book offical record holder soon.

Take a fughing weed whacker to that schit dude.
Posted By: GRIZZ Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
I had one last week growing off the top of my ear so long I was able to just grab it and pull it out by hand once I noticed it.
Don't trim the nose hair, I just get tweezers and yank them out. Nothing to it really.
Posted By: urbaneruralite Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Dunno. Barber takes care of it. Must be one of those things you notice if you go to a hair salon like a girl.
Posted By: mirage243 Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
If you get real relaxed in a hotel hot tub, you can pluck the hairs out of your asscrack and taint with minimal discomfort.

Little something for the groids when they get it in later.

Only Slummy would think of such sheit. šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Posted By: Torqued Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
I started getting them in my 40's. Wife plucks them everytime she sees one. Bad part is that I will go to bed and wake up with one of those sombitches that grew out 3/4" long overnight.
Originally Posted by Torqued
I started getting them in my 40's. Wife plucks them everytime she sees one. Bad part is that I will go to bed and wake up with one of those sombitches that grew out 3/4" long overnight.

And thus the old saying, "Don't cut that hair, it will grow out twice as long".

Really it doesn't, the blood flow just goes to a another nearby hair cell.
Posted By: JeffyD Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Used to occasionally listen to Garrison Keillor on the radio. Man seriously needs a nose hair trim. Sounds like he's breathing through a Brillo pad.

Been quite a while, tho, since I last tuned in. Couldn't stand his lib b.s.
Posted By: Morewood Re: Ear hair? - 03/02/21
Originally Posted by MPat70
Don't trim the nose hair, I just get tweezers and yank them out. Nothing to it really.

Makes my eyes water just thinking about it.
Posted By: ShortMag11 Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
At 41 itā€™s becoming pretty noticable. My wife reminds me regularly lol. I pluck it with tweezers
Posted By: Remington6MM Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
I just light a wooden match and burn the hair out of my nose and ear.
Posted By: NVhntr Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
I just light a wooden match and burn the hair out of my nose and ear.

I saw you at Walmart yesterday!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
Ima make a rug outa mine.
Posted By: DMc Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
"Expert class" tweezer operator. Thirty years practice.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
I use Roundup on mine, they fall out in about a week after being sprayed. 2-4-D also works pretty good.
Posted By: pullit Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
I use one of the clippers like was posted earlier, when cutting ear hair, sounds like a bush hog running in an overgrown field.
Posted By: Nollij Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
It's migrating from the top of my head to all destinations South. My complete simian transformation is not far off.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21

Yep
Posted By: wabigoon Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
Let it grow long, and come it over the top! laugh
Posted By: gemby58 Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21

63 and don't have it
Posted By: navlav8r Re: Ear hair? - 03/11/21
Slummy and gemby, you probably need to have your eyes checked. Theyā€™re there, you just canā€™t see them šŸ˜®
© 24hourcampfire