Home
Posted By: jnyork tax refund? - 03/25/21
Anyone here still waiting on an income tax refund ? We filed with HR Block around the first of February, still nothing. Also, no stimulus checks. What's up with all this?
Posted By: WVGuy Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
I used Tax Act. I got my Federal return in a week. I submitted it on a Sunday evening, and the funds were available in my checking account Saturday morning.
Posted By: 1minute Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Filed on line and had state (Or) and fed refunds within 10 days.
Posted By: hanco Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Ain’t gonna get no stimulus checks, gonna have to pay an additional 6 to 7 large by April 15. I did hear they extended it to some time in May.

Maybe they waiting on me to pay so they can pay you???
Posted By: Rock Chuck Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
I filed with online TurboTax in early Feb and had our refund in 6 days. The stimulus arrived the day they authorized the release.
Posted By: Ranger_Green Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Originally Posted by hanco
Ain’t gonna get no stimulus checks, gonna have to pay an additional 6 to 7 large by April 15. I did hear they extended it to some time in May.

Maybe they waiting on me to pay so they can pay you???

Same here.
Posted By: centershot Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Waiting on a stimulus check to pay my taxes.........
Posted By: jnyork Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Yeah, we got an email about 3 days after we filed electronically, saying IRS had received and approved our return. Dead silence since.
Posted By: smarquez Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
I owe the Feds $35 but the State is supposed to refund a little over $200. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the state refund yet.
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Due to unusual circumstances, I used a CPA, last year and this year. Cost me some extra cash, but I feel a lot more comfortable with the results. Actually last year the online tax forms said I owed a lot of money. Either I filled them out wrong, or they were figuring my taxes wrong. This CPA reduced my last years taxes by thousands of dollars. Anyway, went by the office yesterday and I got the good/bad news. Bad news..... I wont be getting any refunds. Good news..... I don't owe anyone anything. I'll take it.
Posted By: smarquez Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Due to unusual circumstances, I used a CPA, last year and this year. Cost me some extra cash, but I feel a lot more comfortable with the results. Actually last year the online tax forms said I owed a lot of money. Either I filled them out wrong, or they were figuring my taxes wrong. This CPA reduced my last years taxes by thousands of dollars. Anyway, went by the office yesterday and I got the good/bad news. Bad news..... I wont be getting any refunds. Good news..... I don't owe anyone anything. I'll take it.

Several years ago we tried Quicken for our taxes. Just to be sure we went to a EA for our taxes and she found a couple thousand more for us and looked at a previous agents tax preps and found more money there for us too. We have stuck with her ever since.
Posted By: slumlord Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Done mine a couple weeks back but just have saved on the computer. Ain’t ready to agree to the perjury thing just yet and hit submit.
Posted By: gregintenn Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Refund? LOL!
Stimulus? LOLOLOL!!!!!!
Posted By: slumlord Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21

Stimmy and big refund,

Gettin nem fosta keeds was de tickit

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Posted By: Oldman03 Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Oldman3

Several years ago we tried Quicken for our taxes. Just to be sure we went to a EA for our taxes and she found a couple thousand more for us and looked at a previous agents tax preps and found more money there for us too. We have stuck with her ever since.

When I was working, I always used a CPA. Would work in several states in 1 year, and trying to figure all that out was too much. Some of the best money I ever spent. Then for several years I used Turbo Tax and some other online program. Simple to use and no problem. Then when I moved and remodeled the house, along with some other unusual circumstances, I tried to use three online programs and every one of them figured I owed thousands in taxes. Went to a local CPA and you know the rest of the story.
Posted By: Otter Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
We owe a bit to the Feds, small refunds from 2 States.
All in all nearly a wash so I consider that a win.
Got refund from one State today.
No third round "stimulus" money yet.
Posted By: heavywalker Re: tax refund? - 03/25/21
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Refund? LOL!
Stimulus? LOLOLOL!!!!!!

This
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
I took my paperwork to the accountant yesterday. Had to fill out a bunch of extra paperwork because someone else tried to file a tax return in my name.
The IRS caught it because they used a different address. Somebody was trying to get an extra stimulus check not knowing I have made too much money to qualify for one for years. They earned a trip to federal prison over 1400 dollars that they won't get. I applied for a tax filers PIN that will prevent any more fraudulent filers from doing it in my name ever again.
Posted By: hotsoup Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
I have used the same cpa for 40 years and always have to pay federal and state something due to my farms. My accountant files electronically and I have so many days after to send the checks. I hate tax time.
Posted By: Burleyboy Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
Originally Posted by jnyork
Anyone here still waiting on an income tax refund ? We filed with HR Block around the first of February, still nothing. Also, no stimulus checks. What's up with all this?

Maybe they found out you voted for Trump.

Bb
Posted By: jnyork Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
[
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
Originally Posted by jnyork

Maybe they found out you voted for Trump.

Might be more truth than fiction there.
Posted By: saddlering Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
My wife was laid off due to C19 8,600, cpa did our taxes, I I called them they figured in the 86 hundred as income , it's not cause of the C19, they are waiting for new soft ware to redo about a 100 of us. We should be getting more back than they had figured.
Posted By: strikeu Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
I filed about Jan 20th had refund by mid feb. got stimulus 2 weeks ago.
Posted By: MAC Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
Still waiting on mine.
Posted By: Bobcat85 Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
We e-filed on 2/19/21 and IRS accepted return within the hour. Since then, nothing. Website says its "being processed". Stimulus check did not go direct deposit like it was supposed to and yesterday IRS's website says they are mailing it in today's group. We have never had these issues before and have already received state refund. Have never in 43 years received state first. Our daughter filed a week after us and had it in her bank in 10 days. No rhyme or reason like everything else in Washington and no one to call for anwsers... like every thing else in Washington
Posted By: Mannlicher Re: tax refund? - 03/26/21
wife and I do our own taxes. They aren't really complicated. We try to go for a neutral outcome, but this year due to rule changes and stuff, we got back a pile. That was deposited many days ago. I'll probably buy bullet if I find any available.
© 24hourcampfire