Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#15936721 03/25/21
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Anyone here still waiting on an income tax refund ? We filed with HR Block around the first of February, still nothing. Also, no stimulus checks. What's up with all this?

Last edited by jnyork; 03/25/21.

[Linked Image]
GB1

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I used Tax Act. I got my Federal return in a week. I submitted it on a Sunday evening, and the funds were available in my checking account Saturday morning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Filed on line and had state (Or) and fed refunds within 10 days.

1Minute
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Ain’t gonna get no stimulus checks, gonna have to pay an additional 6 to 7 large by April 15. I did hear they extended it to some time in May.

Maybe they waiting on me to pay so they can pay you???

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I filed with online TurboTax in early Feb and had our refund in 6 days. The stimulus arrived the day they authorized the release.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by hanco
Ain’t gonna get no stimulus checks, gonna have to pay an additional 6 to 7 large by April 15. I did hear they extended it to some time in May.

Maybe they waiting on me to pay so they can pay you???

Same here.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Waiting on a stimulus check to pay my taxes.........

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
jnyork Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, we got an email about 3 days after we filed electronically, saying IRS had received and approved our return. Dead silence since.

[Linked Image]
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I owe the Feds $35 but the State is supposed to refund a little over $200. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the state refund yet.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Due to unusual circumstances, I used a CPA, last year and this year. Cost me some extra cash, but I feel a lot more comfortable with the results. Actually last year the online tax forms said I owed a lot of money. Either I filled them out wrong, or they were figuring my taxes wrong. This CPA reduced my last years taxes by thousands of dollars. Anyway, went by the office yesterday and I got the good/bad news. Bad news..... I wont be getting any refunds. Good news..... I don't owe anyone anything. I'll take it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Oldman3
Due to unusual circumstances, I used a CPA, last year and this year. Cost me some extra cash, but I feel a lot more comfortable with the results. Actually last year the online tax forms said I owed a lot of money. Either I filled them out wrong, or they were figuring my taxes wrong. This CPA reduced my last years taxes by thousands of dollars. Anyway, went by the office yesterday and I got the good/bad news. Bad news..... I wont be getting any refunds. Good news..... I don't owe anyone anything. I'll take it.

Several years ago we tried Quicken for our taxes. Just to be sure we went to a EA for our taxes and she found a couple thousand more for us and looked at a previous agents tax preps and found more money there for us too. We have stuck with her ever since.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Done mine a couple weeks back but just have saved on the computer. Ain’t ready to agree to the perjury thing just yet and hit submit.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Refund? LOL!
Stimulus? LOLOLOL!!!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Stimmy and big refund,

Gettin nem fosta keeds was de tickit

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Oldman3

Several years ago we tried Quicken for our taxes. Just to be sure we went to a EA for our taxes and she found a couple thousand more for us and looked at a previous agents tax preps and found more money there for us too. We have stuck with her ever since.

When I was working, I always used a CPA. Would work in several states in 1 year, and trying to figure all that out was too much. Some of the best money I ever spent. Then for several years I used Turbo Tax and some other online program. Simple to use and no problem. Then when I moved and remodeled the house, along with some other unusual circumstances, I tried to use three online programs and every one of them figured I owed thousands in taxes. Went to a local CPA and you know the rest of the story.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We owe a bit to the Feds, small refunds from 2 States.
All in all nearly a wash so I consider that a win.
Got refund from one State today.
No third round "stimulus" money yet.

Someday I hope to be the person my dogs think I am . . .
The only true cost of having a dog is its death.
Someone once said "a nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves."
Shiloh Sharps . . . there is no substitute.
NRA Endowment Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Refund? LOL!
Stimulus? LOLOLOL!!!!!!

This

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I took my paperwork to the accountant yesterday. Had to fill out a bunch of extra paperwork because someone else tried to file a tax return in my name.
The IRS caught it because they used a different address. Somebody was trying to get an extra stimulus check not knowing I have made too much money to qualify for one for years. They earned a trip to federal prison over 1400 dollars that they won't get. I applied for a tax filers PIN that will prevent any more fraudulent filers from doing it in my name ever again.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I have used the same cpa for 40 years and always have to pay federal and state something due to my farms. My accountant files electronically and I have so many days after to send the checks. I hate tax time.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by jnyork
Anyone here still waiting on an income tax refund ? We filed with HR Block around the first of February, still nothing. Also, no stimulus checks. What's up with all this?

Maybe they found out you voted for Trump.

Bb

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

107 members (300_savage, 41rem, 808outdoors, 10gaugemag, 12 invisible), 1,540 guests, and 921 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,719
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.