Home
G. Gordon Liddy, Watergate mastermind and Nixon operative, dead at 90

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/g-gordon-liddy-watergate-mastermind-and-nixon-operative-dead-at-90

Explore the Fox News apps that are right for you at http://www.foxnews.com/apps-products/index.html.
That's a great run.
Read his autobiography 15 years ago or so. Quite a man.
Posted By: SBTCO Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
Enjoyed his radio show back in the day.
I used to really enjoy his radio talk show. Better than Rush in some ways.
A truly great Patriot. Listening to him on the radio I learned alot about how to "pay back" (incognito) azz holes we encounter everyday. Truly a great historical American figure.
Oh boy.
I used to listen to him.

One of his standard quotes was,

"Did you know that there's 10 ways to kill a man with a pencil?"
He had one of the best dry sense of humour.
He was on one of the Miami vice episodes.
He played a good bad guy.

Often refered to eating rats.

"See this S on my shirt? It doesn't stand for Stupid!"

If it weren't for his age, he would have done a good job for Rush.
A True Patriot.

If we had a few like him in the Trump Administration, we prolly wouldn’t be were we are today.

RIP
I used to listen to him when his show was carried locally. Even called in and talked to him once.

RIP, Mr. Liddy.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
Originally Posted by tankerjockey

This^^^^^

Wonder if his show is archived anywhere?
Interview

https://youtu.be/v8NUu0jT4r8

He would have been loyal to Trump and got rid of the rats in the swamp as DJT saw fit.
virile, vigorous, and potent!

RIP
RIP - I went to see him give a motivational speech in Fort Worth the same weekend that Winnie "Burning Tires Around Your Neck" Mandela was in Fort Worth. Guess who the Fort Worth Star-Telegram kissed up to and who was put down??

He was a Good White Man
Posted By: DMc Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21

Heresy!
Wow. Have wondered about him from time to time.
Thought him an Roy had met up long ago.

Same here. Liddy was a militant take-no-schitt version of Rush. He understood we may have to cap a bunch of Marxist scumbags one of these days and had no problem saying it.
Originally Posted by DMc

Heresy!

Apples to Oranges.

Back in the early 90s when Billary Clinton was signing the assault weapons ban, I asked a good friend . . . (an independently wealthy entrepreneur, a retired Air Force LtCol Vietnam Air America spook, who was my mentor in getting my first Concealed Carry Permit in Florida, back in 1987) . . . I asked him, had he lived in the times of the Revolution, would he have been at Lexington, and fired the first shot? His answer surprised me, and got me to thinking, because I was a young, gung ho military man back then, and I just knew I would have been there. He said he would probably not have been at Lexington, but he would have been one of the wealthy Patriots who funded the war.

Rush was the wealthy Patriot who "funded the war" against liberalism. G. Gordan was the faithful soldier who showed up at Lexington and fired the shot heard 'round the world. Both men were known around the world, but they had their separate mission and tactics, and nobody was better at their own particular craft.
Posted By: efw Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
Originally Posted by SBTCO

Yep he was awesome. RIP Mr Liddy
Mr Liddy was a good man. Loved hearing about the guns his "wife" had.
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

grin
Originally Posted by Cariboujack

Being a felon, he was forbidden from owning weapons like those for self defense.
I don't think any of Dean's friends messed with him.
Posted By: antlers Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
I saw him interviewed in the early 90’s and the conversation turned to gun rights. The guy asked him if he owned any guns; he said, “I’m a convicted felon and by law I’m not allowed to own firearms anymore...but Mrs. Liddy has a whole bunch of em’.”
Anyone remember him talking about his fight ring (cut ring) he wore in the joint? Made out of piece of sawed off steel pipe and sharpened on the crown.
Originally Posted by slumlord
Anyone remember him talking about his fight ring (cut ring) he wore in the joint? Made out of piece of sawed off steel pipe and sharpened on the crown.

I would be surprised if he didn't have some improvised weapon on hand. He was really into that. That's one of the things we connected on. He wasn't the toughest guy, but he was smart and studied self defense beyond his basic training as a "plumber."

SCTV did a funny skit on him nixon, dean and Kissinger. I lost it, but watch it if you find it. I think you'll like Dave Thomas's acting and sense of humor.

Same.
He sold a mean toilet and basin cleaner.
Originally Posted by slumlord

Funny, I still remember him talking about keeping milk cool in his cell with a basin, water, and wash cloth. Great damned show!

Yep. Pretty sharp fellow, and i think he was a real commie hating patriot.

I wish we knew the truth about him, Nixon, Kissinger, and all that BS so many years ago.
Remember that pathetic movie "Nixon"? They hired Liddy as an advisor to keep the movie on line. Then they totally ignored the truth. Liddy fought them and they fired him. The movie ended up as pure trash.

Yep. Loved his Radio Show! Definitely a Real Patriot!
He was a great American. We need many of his kind nowadays.
Posted By: irfubar Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
Another great American gone... the worrisome part is we don't seem to have anyone following the footsteps..... frown
well darn. I liked him
“Will” is a good read.
Posted By: Pugs Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
My wife and I were on our 2nd date circa fall 1997 and went to dinner at a this place in Alexandria VA https://www.bilbobaggins.net.

Small place and they seated us and right after us G. Gordon and the lovely Mrs. Liddy were seated right next to us. Pleasant hellos were passed between us as we each had our own meals and conversations but the one really funny event was when the waiter came over to their table and removed the candle from it and Gordon said some thing like "Oh, you do know who I am"
On his show he was always patient and polite with his callers. Loved his stories about Mrs. Liddy and the dead snake in the toilet, and the dog trying to rescue her from the bathtub.

“As a convicted felon, I’m not allowed to own firearms..... but Mrs. Liddy has 17”
Posted By: Redneck Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Yeah, if that was the book "Will" I would have to agree... A very good book to read.
Worked out with him for a while, years ago. A genuine hard azz!
He had a great talk show, I loved to listen to it. Every year he advertised his calendar called "Stacked and Packed."

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I remember (bought) the calendars.
Great radio show too, hadn't thought about him for a long time,hope he enjoyed his retirement years.
RIP. Loved his book, When I Was a Boy, This Was a Free Country.
Posted By: shootem Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
And the oldest of the “media” will still have you believe he and his buds were involved in the biggest most heinous crime against humanity making Hitler and Pol Pot look like common Republican criminals. So really, what’d they do? They ‘snuk’ into a demoroid stink tank where no doubt new ways of making lies believable were being constructed and STOLE DOCUMENTS!! Then Adolph Nixon refused to tell the press everything they wanted to be true. That’s it. That’s all there was. Stolen documents that didn’t mean squat to anybody in the greater scheme. And a President that did what has always and will forever be done. He refused to cooperate with the wombats trying to assassinate him politically and personally. Nixon made some mistakes. But dear God in Heaven, look at the crimes ignored that make the G. Gordon scam look like a........scam. The Magic Negro delivering pallets of US currency to his Muslim allies and the enemies of our nation, the demeaned numbers of high ups known to have frequented Kiddie Island together but never revealed because media was amount them, and now a stolen national, not just Presidential, election with what appears to have off shore involvement. An honest to goodness made for movies thriller that unfortunately has strong evidence of of being anything but fiction. And Liddy was a criminal. laffin. And the media still cries persecution. laffin more.
I enjoyed his radio show too.
RIP Mr. Liddy.

Yup...guy was a hoot! He kinda got the boot ....from the jack booted .gov thugs
R.I.P. "G Man". Quite a colorful character and a real red blooded American. Always loved his radio show with its "tell it like it is" format. It's already been mentioned several times about his not being able to own firearms due to that felony conviction but I always loved his references to "Mrs. Liddy's gun collection", that he would make on the show. I wish this nation had more gutsy, down to earth, guys like him but we seem to be running short of men like that.
To be honest, I knew of his history and would see him on TV once in awhile but that's about it.

He never impressed me as being inspiring. Just another swamper making a buck off a contrived past history. Prove me wrong, you can't. The end.
Gordon was 100% man and a true patriot.

RIP Mr Liddy.
RIP Daddy G

Posted By: rte Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
Ghost you've lost your common sense during your dotage.

“If the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms insists upon a firefight, give them a firefight. Just remember, they're wearing flak jackets and you're better off shooting for the head.”

“The official version of Watergate is as wrong as a Flat Earth Society pamphlet.”

G.Gordon Liddy.
Originally Posted by rte
Ghost you've lost your common sense during your dotage.

“If the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms insists upon a firefight, give them a firefight. Just remember, they're wearing flak jackets and you're better off shooting for the head.”

“The official version of Watergate is as wrong as a Flat Earth Society pamphlet.”

G.Gordon Liddy.

Well...like I said, I don't know much about him.
Posted By: mathman Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
Yet you were ready to make a sweeping statement that (allegedly) none could disprove.
Originally Posted by shootem
And the oldest of the “media” will still have you believe he and his buds were involved in the biggest most heinous crime against humanity making Hitler and Pol Pot look like common Republican criminals. So really, what’d they do? They ‘snuk’ into a demoroid stink tank where no doubt new ways of making lies believable were being constructed and STOLE DOCUMENTS!! Then Adolph Nixon refused to tell the press everything they wanted to be true. That’s it. That’s all there was. Stolen documents that didn’t mean squat to anybody in the greater scheme. And a President that did what has always and will forever be done. He refused to cooperate with the wombats trying to assassinate him politically and personally. Nixon made some mistakes. But dear God in Heaven, look at the crimes ignored that make the G. Gordon scam look like a........scam. The Magic Negro delivering pallets of US currency to his Muslim allies and the enemies of our nation, the demeaned numbers of high ups known to have frequented Kiddie Island together but never revealed because media was amount them, and now a stolen national, not just Presidential, election with what appears to have off shore involvement. An honest to goodness made for movies thriller that unfortunately has strong evidence of of being anything but fiction. And Liddy was a criminal. laffin. And the media still cries persecution. laffin more.

His crimes were child’s play by what has taken place before and since this happened. Hasbeen
Originally Posted by mathman
Yet you were ready to make a sweeping statement that (allegedly) none could disprove.

Ah...chill. When I saw him on TV I didn't like the guy. Sorry it hurts your feelings bro. It'll be OK, I promise.
Posted By: mathman Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
You didn't hurt my feelings at all.
Posted By: lvmiker Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 03/31/21
He proved himself to be a phony and a liar working with, and for, scum. I guess few have read his book Will. He is a parody of himself.

mike r
Liddy is a phony and a liar? Give us the brief summary if you will.

He said he was in the Army for several years in the artillery. Is this true?
He said he was an FBI agent and had a fondness for the issued .357 magnum. Is this true?

Also he said he went to a really tough high school run by the Jesuits.
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Liddy is a phony and a liar? Give us the brief summary if you will.

He said he was in the Army for several years in the artillery. Is this true?
He said he was an FBI agent and had a fondness for the issued .357 magnum. Is this true?

Also he said he went to a really tough high school run by the Jesuits.

Read his book and decide for yourself.

mike r
No, you can sum up your case in a few sentences, if you have a case.

I have no case, only an opinion derived from reading his book which you could do yourself. I have no interest in debating his "ethics or patriotism" either. The man was a grovelling sycophant to a power structure that did huge damage to the average American's faith in our govt. and led to Carter's disastrous presidency. After exiting prison he wrapped himself in the flag and preyed on naive conservatives.

YMMV

mike r
Originally Posted by lvmiker

I have no case, only an opinion derived from reading his book which you could do yourself. I have no interest in debating his "ethics or patriotism" either. The man was a grovelling sycophant to a power structure that did huge damage to the average American's faith in our govt. and led to Carter's disastrous presidency. After exiting prison he wrapped himself in the flag and preyed on naive conservatives.

YMMV

mike r

Sometimes you're gifted in word craft.
Posted By: erickg Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 04/01/21
Still alive, sheesh, not dead till VarmintGay gets the scoop.

Fart into the wind....
RIP.
Posted By: BCBH Re: G. Gordon Liddy Deat at 90 - 04/01/21
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

I used to listen to him back in the late 90s. His autobiography is a very interesting read.
Originally Posted by lvmiker

YMMV

mike r

I presented the positives of Liddy in a few sentences. You could have come back with the gist of your case in several sentences.
Rather than come back with your negatives, you refuse to give any facts. Just as I figured, this is because you have no case.

If it makes you feel warm and cozy to think that G. Gordon Liddy is a fraud, good for you I hope that makes you sleep well at night.
© 24hourcampfire