Home
Chauvin Trial Day 1 Wrap-Up: Opening Arguments & Three State Witnesses

Welcome to our ongoing coverage of the Minnesota murder trial of Derek Chauvin, over the in-custody death of George Floyd. I am Attorney Andrew Branca for Law of Self Defense, providing guest commentary and analysis of this trial for Legal Insurrection.
Chauvin Trial Day 2 Wrap-Up: State Focused on Feelings, Judge Scolds Firefighter

Thanks for that.
Looks like the persecution of George Zimmerman!

Prosecutors lying and telling half truths.

They said the knee on the neck wasn’t allowed by police department, but the use of force document detailed how to do it.

They didn’t mention the 3x fatal dose of fentanyl consumed by Floyd just prior to his arrest.
I wonder how a police force comes back from this. Or rather, how the District Attorney's Office does? There is a certain amount of trust needed between the cops and the prosecutors and how do you re-establish this after the Prosecutors have essentially, betrayed the police?
Do you really think he will be convicted?
I don't,
He was a big dumbass but now everyone is playing the game called

"Get Chauvin off and not cause any more destruction than necessary"
I read briefly today about an MMA fighter as an expert witness about the “blood choke” hold that was used.

Must be quite the circus.
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
I wonder how a police force comes back from this. Or rather, how the District Attorney's Office does? There is a certain amount of trust needed between the cops and the prosecutors and how do you re-establish this after the Prosecutors have essentially, betrayed the police?

Don't worry about it. As long as they're black storytellers.
Originally Posted by 700LH
Do you really think he will be convicted?
"
I think he will - and I think he should be... That video is totally damning to the defense... And I think if he (somehow) gets off on this, Murderapolis will burn like Chicago in 1871....
The drugs may have been the reason the puke died, but Chauvin is, or at least was, a dumbass of the highest order.

His stupidity has caused a lot of damage and misery. He may well end up paying for that, even if he didnt commit M2.
tag
Originally Posted by jaguartx
The drugs may have been the reason the puke died, but Chauvin is, or at least was, a dumbass of the highest order.

His stupidity has caused a lot of damage and misery. He may well end up paying for that, even if he didnt commit M2.

Exactly. Chauvin had absolutely no reason whatsoever to hold Floyd down like that. You can spin it anyway you want, and I am no fan of Negro thugs, which is precisely what George Floyd was, but Chauvin was wrong in what he did, and will pay the price for it one way or another.
You and Redneck are making the same mistakes that were made in the Rodney King Case. You saw a brief vidieo that looked bad and decided he was wrong/guilty..... To someone who is very familiar with such things, it, at best raises the question as what went on before that. The other problem is that he is on his side. I know of no way that could have killed him. That's probably why it is used by them. I understand it's been used many times and no one else has died because of it's use.
The other thing is that the prosecution is using lay persons and their emotional responses as evidence. That doesn't meet the legal requirements for a conviction. You must have facts that meet the legal requirements.
This was tried in the Freddie Gray Case. And the black judge threw out all of the charges against the six cops. Simply because the evidence did not rise to the legal requirements of the law.
Frankly, if this is the best they can do, there is no case for a conviction. E
Jamesjr hit the nail on the head
If after watching the video you don’t think Chauvin played an active role in the death of Floyd you don’t possess much sympathy. When suspects are a threat use the force required, once they stop being a threat it becomes torture.
Originally Posted by JamesJr

Exactly. Chauvin had absolutely no reason whatsoever to hold Floyd down like that. You can spin it anyway you want, and I am no fan of Negro thugs, which is precisely what George Floyd was, but Chauvin was wrong in what he did, and will pay the price for it one way or another.

That's kind of where I'm at too. The optics of the incident were just terrible.
Originally Posted by specneeds
When suspects are a threat use the force required, once they stop being a threat it becomes torture.

Please tell us exactly when that threat ceased.
It's too early for me to say. I've been watching it and before the trial I had seen the autopsy report. The key question is: Did Chauvin cause Floyd's death? There's no question that at some point excessive force was used and that the officers showed indifference to Mr. Floyd's situation and whether he was in distress. There is a question as to whether the drugs he consumed caused his death. If I lightly punch you in the nose at the same instance that you suffer a heart attack; did the punch cause your death? To a bystander it might look like I did. If the consensus of the autopsy results is that the level of drugs in his system and his pre-existing health condition was the cause of his death then there is no murder. IMO he is guilty of failure to render or allow first aid while he was clearly in distress. Whether that is a legal transgression, I am not aware. It certainly was a moral failure.

ps, If the level of drugs in his system may have been the cause of his death, that doubt as to the cause of his death should result in his acquittal. The autopsy report and the experts' opinions as to the cause of death is the key to this case.
Turn off your T.V.
If after watching the video you don’t think Chauvin played an active role in the death of Floyd you don’t possess much sympathy. When suspects are a threat use the force required, once they stop being a threat it becomes torture.

What killed George Floyd was George Floyd. If he hadn't been passing counterfeit bills while overdosing on various drugs he would have made that day in the shade.

How are police officers in Minnesota and across the US trained to hold down a non compliant subject in hand cuffs?

Any sympathy for Floyd's victims? none

There are emotions based on an educated video for the fools, then there is the law, documented training and science. I prefer that the law does not prosecute people based simply on emotions and ignorant and violent mob justice.

Thank we have smart people in the legal system.

Its amazing how weak minded and easliy manipulated Americans are these day by the media. No wonder the communists took over and banned children's books, firearms and now allow a grown man to identify as a girl to use a a young girls' bathroom these days.
That was a great link. Thanks for that. I am most interested in the counsel's examination of the medical examiner.
Today in court they played for the first time an extended video of Mr. Floyd's arrest. When he was handcuffed and the officers were trying to stuff him in the squad car Mr. Floyd can be heard saying "I can't breathe" four times before he is taken to the ground and restrained and with no officers anywhere near his neck or doing anything that would restrict his breathing. This shows that either he is having difficulty breathing due to the effect of the drugs that he took (respiratory edema) or that he is saying this to get the officers to stop trying to place him in the squad car. He is also saying that he is claustrophobic as he is resisting being put in the squad car when he was taken out of a similar sized vehicle. So, I can see where the officers might think his "I can't breathe" is also BS. Of course the MSM won't show the whole arrest video.
Thank you for posting
Floyd was a complete niqqer criminal that caused his own death by ingesting drugs he's was holding, for sale I believe.

Chauvin should've taken his knee off Floyds neck at some point, just to look like he gave a schit. He didn't, and the city and country burned. Chauvin should suffer some, just for that dumbschit move.
I don't know how this will turn out but I distinctly remember wanting to kick Chauvin in the head and knock him off the first time I saw the video. He really looked like a jack booted thug and was using excessive force in my opinion.

As for the 3x dose of fentanyl is that 3x for a normal person who has never used or 3x for a long time user. Opioid doses are extremely subjective. If Chauvin didn't do what he did how likely is it Floyd would have lived. That's the key question in my opinion.

Bb
Jury will be to scared not to convict him of something.
Unfortunately the website is another like NYPost with so many scrolling ads and pop ups that the video keeps crashing.
The analysis is good though.

Until you have a drugged up, demonstrated liar, known criminal playing possum...

Not here. Many pretenders.
All I know is my daily load out is back to where it was during the riots last year.
it has been interesting to keep track of.also would agree there are smart legal people involved but please dont think that is what decides this.corruption is involved as much or more along with jurys that arent made up of the highest intellect.chauvin is absolutely a wanna be tough guy about as smart as a ash tray.deserves time for sure.either way the city will burn again along with looting and murders.just part of part of the 13% and the maggot followers who just want to cause chaos.when it starts make sure you turn to your far left liberal scum media outlets for there insanity in justifying it all.

Read what you wrote. You are coming across like a typical liberal. Asking for the emotion of sympathy to help you arrive at the scientific cause of death. I actually have sympathy for Floyd's dumb ass, but that has zero to do with my thoughts on whether or not Chauvin's actions did or did not contribute to his death.
Originally Posted by slobob63
it has been interesting to keep track of.also would agree there are smart legal people involved but please dont think that is what decides this.corruption is involved as much or more along with jurys that arent made up of the highest intellect.chauvin is absolutely a wanna be tough guy about as smart as a ash tray.deserves time for sure.either way the city will burn again along with looting and murders.just part of part of the 13% and the maggot followers who just want to cause chaos.when it starts make sure you turn to your far left liberal scum media outlets for there insanity in justifying it all.

It is just goddam fascinating that you took a stab at Chauvin's intelligence in that hot mess of illiteracy.

Chauvin Trial Day 3 Wrap-Up: Floyd Was “High” with Foam Around His Mouth

Once again, the state’s actual evidence appeared to favor the defense
ANTIFA and BLM are maggots that’s for sure. Blackshirts of the Democratic Party They are identical to Hitler’s Blackshirts.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Read what you wrote. You are coming across like a typical liberal. Asking for the emotion of sympathy to help you arrive at the scientific cause of death. I actually have sympathy for Floyd's dumb ass, but that has zero to do with my thoughts on whether or not Chauvin's actions did or did not contribute to his death.

You are a confusing man.
George Floyd was a criminal that should have been in prison. Chauvin was an abusive cop that should be in prison. He probably gonna have fun in prison.

pretty funny coming from a typical liberal . nothing personal, and sure you're a good decent man but you're a typical liberal, with different dissonant opinions every day and ruled by short term emotional responses
Originally Posted by ribka

pretty funny coming from a typical liberal . nothing personal, and sure you're a good decent man but you're a typical liberal, with different dissonant opinions every day and ruled by short term emotional responses

Care to share what my differing opinions are.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
George Floyd was a criminal that should have been in prison. Chauvin was an abusive cop that should be in prison. He probably gonna have fun in prison.

That pretty much sums it up. Chauvin is, in all likelihood, going to be the sacrificial lamb. While I don't believe he should get off with nothing but a slap on the wrist, neither do I believe he needs to have the book thrown at him, and locked up for the rest of his life.

There is one thing for certain that's going to happen here........the Negroes are probably not going to be happy regardless of the outcome, and this whole dog and pony show has been set up to make the Negroes happy, and to make sure they don't riot again and finish burning down the city. Part of me says I'd like to see that happen.
LegalInsurrection.com

That pretty much sums it up. Chauvin is, in all likelihood, going to be the sacrificial lamb.

How in the world would you be able to rig a jury of 12?

That pretty much sums it up. Chauvin is, in all likelihood, going to be the sacrificial lamb.

easy, during the voir dire just like the oj jury

Chauvin's attorneys would have to be complicit in that case if I understand the process correctly.

Chauvin's attorneys would have to be complicit in that case if I understand the process correctly.

of course, but depends on competence of his attorney and whether he is committed a hundred per cent. If Chauvin is acquitted, his attorney, and his family will have to go into hiding probably the rest of their lives and his career is over. Not an enviable situation to be in. Its almost like this was all pre- planned from the beginning.
The guy is screwed as a stray dog in Chinatown. As he should be. ,

of course, but depends on competence of his attorney and whether he is committed a hundred per cent. If Chauvin is acquitted, his attorney, and his family will have to go into hiding probably the rest of their lives and his career is over. Not an enviable situation to be in. Its almost like this was all pre- planned from the beginning.

BS, his service will be in high demand
Originally Posted by ConradCA
ANTIFA and BLM are maggots that’s for sure. Blackshirts of the Democratic Party They are identical to Hitler’s Blackshirts.

You are correct about their nature...
But the Blackshirts were Mussolini's, Hitler's thugs were Brownshirts..
Just so no one lambasted you
Keep up the fight...

I genuinely appreciate that perspective.

Which gate was it that said they could rig juries by controlling who was called for the selection pool?
Shadowgate maybe?
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sympathy is an emotion. Trials are supposed to be run on facts.
Originally Posted by Hogwild7

That pretty much sums it up. Chauvin is, in all likelihood, going to be the sacrificial lamb. While I don't believe he should get off with nothing but a slap on the wrist, neither do I believe he needs to have the book thrown at him, and locked up for the rest of his life.

There is one thing for certain that's going to happen here........the Negroes are probably not going to be happy regardless of the outcome, and this whole dog and pony show has been set up to make the Negroes happy, and to make sure they don't riot again and finish burning down the city. Part of me says I'd like to see that happen.

The negroes will do whatever they are told to do by the DNC, their slave masters.

If the Democrats decide riots will give the Democrats political advantage, there will be riots

If the Democrats think that riots might cost them the House and Senate, there will be no riots.
Hmm.
No day 4 wrap up? Or live feed
Did the adjourn til Monday?
Chauvin's gonna walk.
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Sympathy is an emotion. Trials are supposed to be run on facts.

oh how about the Hennepin County Coroner's office listing the cause of death as an overdose of drugs, and found no notice of any damaging marks on Floyd's neck that would have lead to his death.... the man died from opiates, doing their job, relaxing muscles and nerves to the point that his lungs were not responding to their normal function.. the man suffocated himself..... and why does everyone thing Chauvin was putting his entire weight on Floyd's neck..

Hennepin County coroner found no marks on his neck on the autopsy... and having lived in Hennepin County for 15 years and also covering the County and City as a major account rep for a fortune 250 company for 5 years, I can tell you even the Coroners Office is full staffed with DFL Liberals...

Chauvin is a cop being sacrificed for liberal causes... to make all the Welcome Jigs in Hennepin County and the rest of the country happy with all this Anti Cop and Defund the Police Fad the left has happening...

Floyd was so hopped up, if that clerk at the store would have never called the cops and Floyd has no incidents with the Mpls P.D., that man would have been death and stiff by 3 PM that afternoon....

its another left wing show trial....I don't care if Chauvin was a good cop or bad cop, he's still being sacrificed for liberal causes...

So they pull this off, who is going to be the next cop they railroad and for what....

Hennepin County is ignoring their own Coroners Office's autopsy, and then the simple fact that the man was so full of drugs, he was going to die that day anyway..... so suddenly a cop is guilty of killing him before his overdose did him in? As the press so stupid, that they don't know how an overdose of opiats can kill someone and how, or are they just conveniently ignoring the obvious as they push another agenda?

Chauvin didn't kill Floyd, Floyd killed Floyd....and the Stupid DFL, pays his family $27 million before the trial even starts...
just another Ghetto Lottery getting paid out....

And more than once, I've seen how Hennepin County politics treat a white person and vs a black person, up close and personal...
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Chauvin's gonna walk.

he should, he isn't guilty....

and he should be reinstated after a 19 year career and be able to quietly retire and leave that leftist schitthole Hennepin County is, far behind..
Originally Posted by Seafire
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Chauvin's gonna walk.

he should, he isn't guilty....

and he should be reinstated after a 19 year career and be able to quietly retire and leave that leftist schitthole Hennepin County is, far behind..

He should probably sue the county too. If that thug got $27mil, Chauvin should get $54mil.
I was watching the recap last night on Court TV. All of the lib experts were saying that he was just fine when he was in the store boa bla bla.

What they didn't mention is that he swallowed all of his dope after the cops tapped on his window after he left the store.

That negro died of an overdose because he swallowed all of his dope trying to hide it from the police.

Hanson, the defense attorney whom I respect, is gonna tear some asses open when his turn comes around. Will it be enough? I'm not sure. It'll be interesting.
Drugs were found in both the squad and the SUV where George Floyd was sitting. Some of the pills had saliva from Floyd on them. There is a noticeable difference between the actions of Floyd in the store video and outside in custody. He was visibly under the influence inside the store and nearly passed out in the SUV when police arrived. One of the people with Floyd in the SUV was scheduled to testify and filed a notice that he was not going to willingly testify and if called would invoke his right to not incriminate himself by refusing to answer questions.

All of which might indicate Floyd ingested drugs given to him by the person in the SUV with him once the police arrived to attempt to hide the drugs from discovery by the police. And might have contributed to the death of Floyd.

Things are the best they can be for the prosecution at this time in the trial since it is their witnesses who testify first. The battle of the medical experts will be important.
I have a prediction that I want to put in writing.

If Chauvin is found NOT GUILTY:
Minnesota cities will burn because of "an unjust system that allowed a killer to walk".

If Chauvin is found GUILTY:
Minnesota cities will burn be cause of "a system that allowed this to happen".

Either way, Minnesota cities and cities across America will burn/riot/loot as an excuse within hours of the verdict. Make sure to have a plan to stay safe.
Originally Posted by mnsniper
Either way, Minnesota cities and cities across America will burn/riot/loot as an excuse within hours of the verdict. Make sure to have a plan to stay safe.

For some odd reason I don't have a problem with the cities burning, self inflicted consequences.
Originally Posted by 12344mag

For some odd reason I don't have a problem with the cities burning, self inflicted consequences.

I don't either, except my mom lives in St. Paul and I am only about 20 minutes outside the city. If it spills out this way I will have a large issue,

Well, you should have a problem with it. Niqqers gone wild is not a good thing for anybody...especially White folk.
There’s going to be riots.

Steve Harvey done called it. “Without calling for it “

I do.

We have paid, and will pay to rebuild them. Not to mention a lot of innocent REAL Americans will be impacted.

And I'll admit selfishly, the more unsafe the cities become, the less people live in them. Which means more people spilling out and destroying rural America with subdivisions and all the shidt that comes with it.

I'd rather the cities remained healthy, safe, and vibrant. For all the above reasons.
It's too early for me to make any conclusions. The Defense "ruled the morning" yesterday when they cross-examined Floyd's girlfriend. Both were addicted to opioids and sometimes, and just prior to his death, they got their drugs from illegal sources and they were not pharmaceutical grade. Floyd had a prior overdose from taking this type of drug (a speedball - opioid and amphetamine combination) where he then also complained of stomach pain and had a foamy residue at his mouth. Upon cross-examination, a paramedic indicated at this foamy mouth being a sign of a possible opioid overdose, resulting from a difficulty in breathing.

In the pm the prosecution scored points when it was noted by Chauvin's direct supervisor (a Sgt) that, based on his training, Chauvin's use of force was excessive at some point in time. Then again, this morning another officer who investigated the death testified that, in his opinion, the level of force applied to a prone handcuffed suspect, was excessive and "could kill him". The key here is that he did not and could not testify that that level of restraint DID kill him. But it's clear that the thin blue line is broken in this case. His Department is not backing him in any way - to this point.

What amazed me was that which wasn't asked of the paramedics by the defense, as to whether they considered or evaluated Floyd for a possible opioid overdose and why Narcan was not administered. Of course, Floyd's denial that he was on drugs when police questioned didn't help him. Had he or his companions admitted that Floyd had taken a large qty of opioids, then when he lost consciousness, either the police or the paramedics could have administered Narcan. The paramedics went into detail of the measures they took to try to revive Floyd (chest compressions, IV epinephrine, AED, breathing assistance etc) but nothing about specifically treating for an opioid overdose.

Again, the key to this case will come down to the exact cause of death, or, whether there is a reasonable doubt as to the exact cause of death. It's pretty clear, based on testimony and the written police procedures entered into evidence, that at some point the level of restraint used by Chauvin was excessive and against his Dept.'s policy. There's no need/kneed (pun intended) to keep kneeling on a suspect's body/neck to restrain someone who has lost consciousness and who is no longer struggling or responsive. If/when that level of restraint is necessary, it's clear that it should be limited and discontinued after the suspect is no longer a threat to the officers or to the suspect himself.

At this point in the trail, the prosecution has pretty much proven excessive force and an assault was committed on Mr. Floyd primarily by Officer Chauvin. They have not yet proved that he caused Mr. Floyd's death and would seem that the door of reasonable doubt to that assertion has been opened.
An important point concerning the possible ingestion of drugs. In the prosecutions opening, they foretold that their rebuttal to the defenses assertion that a lethal dose of fentanyl was in Floyd's body and was the major contributor to his death, was the fact that Floyd had an elevated tolerance to these drugs due to his continued and prolonged use.

When the defense cross examined Floyd's girlfriend, she testified that Floyd had been clean, and she only noticed a change in his behavior and suspicion of using approximately two weeks before his death. I don't think two weeks would be a long enough time to obtain any kind of tolerance that would supersede a lethal dose of fentanyl. This was a great job by the defense and set up their play later on that Floyd's primary cause of death was a drug overdose, which would be a reasonable explanation considering the facts of the case, and any person with half a brain would consider reasonable doubt.
I've not been impressed with the defense attorney.
Itll burn one way or another.
Originally Posted by GrizzlyKid
An important point concerning the possible ingestion of drugs. In the prosecutions opening, they foretold that their rebuttal to the defenses assertion that a lethal dose of fentanyl was in Floyd's body and was the major contributor to his death, was the fact that Floyd had an elevated tolerance to these drugs due to his continued and prolonged use.

When the defense cross examined Floyd's girlfriend, she testified that Floyd had been clean, and she only noticed a change in his behavior and suspicion of using approximately two weeks before his death. I don't think two weeks would be a long enough time to obtain any kind of tolerance that would supersede a lethal dose of fentanyl. This was a great job by the defense and set up their play later on that Floyd's primary cause of death was a drug overdose, which would be a reasonable explanation considering the facts of the case, and any person with half a brain would consider reasonable doubt.

Agreed. That point was made by the defense and it is accurate; ODs often occur when an addict is off opioids for awhile and then goes back on them and taking the same amount they had previously. Good point! It certainly goes to reasonable doubt. The testimony of the coroner and medical Drs. who performed or reviewed the autopsy will be key. If they can get any doubt as to whether the drugs were the cause of death, the case should end there. But - - - as in the OJ case, it doesn't always come down to what is said or proven in court. You know these jurors are well aware of what the consequences of an unpopular not guilty verdict would be. This is way too politicized. It would take a brave jury to acquit on the more serious charge of murder, based on any reasonable doubt. The level of doubt in this case, I believe, would have to be beyond just what seems reasonable but would need to be proven to almost a certainty that Chauvin did not cause Floyd's death. A hung jury is always a possibility, but that's just kicking the can down the street.
Whatever happens, that city is a powder keg with a lit fuse.
Originally Posted by rflshtr
Drugs were found in both the squad and the SUV where George Floyd was sitting. Some of the pills had saliva from Floyd on them. There is a noticeable difference between the actions of Floyd in the store video and outside in custody. He was visibly under the influence inside the store and nearly passed out in the SUV when police arrived. One of the people with Floyd in the SUV was scheduled to testify and filed a notice that he was not going to willingly testify and if called would invoke his right to not incriminate himself by refusing to answer questions.

All of which might indicate Floyd ingested drugs given to him by the person in the SUV with him once the police arrived to attempt to hide the drugs from discovery by the police. And might have contributed to the death of Floyd.

Things are the best they can be for the prosecution at this time in the trial since it is their witnesses who testify first. The battle of the medical experts will be important.

The passenger (Morries Lester Hall) is the one who tried to pass a counterfeit bill to the clerk earlier in the day.
I suppose they could still get him on the clerks testimony for that anyhow...
Originally Posted by cooper57m

Agreed. That point was made by the defense and it is accurate; ODs often occur when an addict is off opioids for awhile and then goes back on them and taking the same amount they had previously. Good point! It certainly goes to reasonable doubt. The testimony of the coroner and medical Drs. who performed or reviewed the autopsy will be key. If they can get any doubt as to whether the drugs were the cause of death, the case should end there. But - - - as in the OJ case, it doesn't always come down to what is said or proven in court. You know these jurors are well aware of what the consequences of an unpopular not guilty verdict would be. This is way too politicized. It would take a brave jury to acquit on the more serious charge of murder, based on any reasonable doubt. The level of doubt in this case, I believe, would have to be beyond just what seems reasonable but would need to be proven to almost a certainty that Chauvin did not cause Floyd's death. A hung jury is always a possibility, but that's just kicking the can down the street.

You seem to have a very good grasp of this case and some expert knowledge of your own. Keep the commentary coming please. It's informative.
I forgot to switch months...
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...r-day-for-prosecution-advantage-defense/

"We also learned from Ross that the passenger in Floyd’s car, Maurice Hall, the man who had earlier tried to pass a bad $20 bill to the clerk in Cup Food and been rebuffed, was apparently Floyd’s drug dealer, or at least one of them."

If you are a drug dealer, why do you need to pass fake bills?
Originally Posted by Tarquin
You seem to have a very good grasp of this case and some expert knowledge of your own. Keep the commentary coming please. It's informative.

Thanks, I'm certainly no expert. I'm just tired of getting the spin and more spin presented as news regarding anything that has any political ramifications. So, I decided I would watch this trial as if I'm a juror (which I have been) and make up my own mind based on the facts as presented. I'm watching on HLN network and I mute the commentary of the talking heads. I don't need someone to tell me what it was that I just heard or how I should think and (especially) feel about anything. "Just the facts Ma'am."

Like many, I suspect, I was shocked when I first saw this almost a year ago and figured he was guilty. Then I read the autopsy when it was released and it looked like it could have been an overdose situation. The only way for me to know, is to watch the trial and get the facts as presented and draw my own conclusions. I'm happy to report what is transpiring in court and my thoughts along the way, with as little bias as I can keep at bay. I really do wanna know why no one treated Floyd for an overdose and why Narcan wasn't used. Maybe it was investigated in pre-trial and discounted as not relevant. No way of knowing.
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
I forgot to switch months...
https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...r-day-for-prosecution-advantage-defense/

"We also learned from Ross that the passenger in Floyd’s car, Maurice Hall, the man who had earlier tried to pass a bad $20 bill to the clerk in Cup Food and been rebuffed, was apparently Floyd’s drug dealer, or at least one of them."

If you are a drug dealer, why do you need to pass fake bills?

Criminals be criminals. Why spend your real money when you can keep it and spend the fake stuff?
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
Whatever happens, that city is a powder keg with a lit fuse.

Maybe a half-full powder keg? I thought a LOT of small businesses were already gutted from last year??
getting interesting
I just started reading day six...
Pretty good turncoat wait to see today's summary.
Also the: "I took too many drugs" video clip...

You claimed you were legal expert last June and solved the Chauvin Floyd case and said it was cold blooded murder.

what a clown

So on Friday night the prosecution dumped a just written report on the defense in an attempt to minimize the damage of the:
"I ate too many drugs" video clip.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2021/...lnerabilities-in-prosecution-of-chauvin/

Since when does a person in America have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they are not guilty?
© 24hourcampfire